Government > Office of the Chancellory

The Order of the Pen

(1/5) > >>

Beatrice:

THE ORDER OF THE PEN
OF THE INDEPENDENT ORDER
The Grand Chancellor formally establishes the Order of the Pen as an Order of Chivalry, this shall be awarded for members Roleplay quality and Roleplay Contribution, All individuals who hold titles of nobility, that were awarded for Roleplay Contribution, shall be inducted automatically into the Order of the Pen. The following Independent Nations are hereby recognized for the continued quality of their RP, and are thus inducted as Members of the Order of the Pen:

Altona
Cass
Markus
Daito
Heimney
RobertAgria
Paracambi
Kermah
Rayyu
Paralipomena
Lijiang

We all look forward to reading and engaging with excellent RP, and I to recognizing yet more people as time goes by. Thank you all for your contributions to our region, to sharing your stories with us, and may we all continue to build together. :)

Achkaerin:
In my view no violation of the Constitution has occurred. Over the last two months many people have commented saying "this person should be a noble" the people making such comments included at least one member of the former Regional Nobility (now order of the Pen) so I can see how Beatrice may interpret this as an instruction to induct.

I will say with hindsight it would have been preferable for Beatrice to induct the new members as Baron/Baronet before enacting the new Constitution, but given what I've read and what I understand from Beatrice I don't believe this amounts to a violation of the Constitution.

Achkaerin:

--- Quote from: Nova on April 26, 2022, 09:18:14 PM ---I'm curious as to know what do you fail to understand about “upon instruction of the Order”?
It's not because the result of the action in itself is right, that the action in itself is. Such blindness shouldn't be tolerated. Therefore, I ask you a vote of confidence following a rule violation from the Chancellor.

--- End quote ---

I have just explained that in my opinion the Grand Chancellor was instructed, therefore in my view no Constitutional breach or rule violation has occurred.

Achkaerin:
You've misread and/or misunderstood what I've said. Nowhere in Constitution is the method of instruction for the Order of the Pen defined as such it is reasonable for Beatrice to interpret comments made by members of the Order as an instruction (therefore no rule violation or Constitutional violation has occurred)

The fix is quite simple, define the method of instruction to be a vote in the Order of the Pen Forum and include it in the Constitution.

Cool101jr:
Given I've mentioned the multiple times that many of the names on the list should've been added to the order for awhile now, and I've seen the same from other members of the order before the change, it should be seen as obvious that the Chancellor was acting on the instructions of said members and granting membership to the people we had been suggesting for many months now. Therefore she acted perfectly with her duties.
Furthermore, I'd request that you, Nova, stop trying to find petty excuses to cause further trouble for the Chancellor after she has spent so much time stressing to fix things and bring about the changes everyone was asking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version