Author Topic: A currency issue: Tamora and the Theocracy of Kaitaine  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
A currency issue: Tamora and the Theocracy of Kaitaine
« on: August 07, 2019, 08:56:55 PM »

TO: Finance minister of the Theocracy of Kaitaine, Lord Yann Bryant
FROM: Vice Governor of the Tamoran Central Bank, His Royal Highness Naser Safavid

I would first like to congratulate you on behalf of the Tamoran Empire on being named finance minister of the Theocracy of Kaitaine. As vice Governor of the Tamoran Central Bank I hope there will be as many opportunities as possible for future cooperation between our nations.
Secondly, I am writing to you following the recent reports regarding the fact the Theocracy is looking to establish its own currency. Since the currency of the Tamoran Empire is used by two countries already, Tamora and Clysperis, both of which have recognized the Theocracy as the legitimate government of Kaitaine, I would like to propose a way for you to achieve that goal. I have attached to the email a document detailing our proposal.
I look forward to your reply and wish you a productive term as finance minister.

Respectfully yours,
Naser Safavid
Vice Governor of the Tamoran Central Bank

Annex 1: Proposal regarding the establishment of a currency for the Theocracy of Kaitaine

The Tamoran central bank would like to propose the following the Theocracy of Kaitaine:

-The Tamoran Central Bank would issue banknotes for the Theocracy of Kaitaine, the banknotes would have the design, denomination and designation (ooc: lira, pound, dollar whatever) of the Theocracy choosing which will be provided by the Theocracy.
-These banknotes would be backed by the Tamoran dinar and have a fixed exchange rate to the Tamoran Dinar.
-The Theocracy would purchase the amount of currency from Tamora at the market price (ooc: for example exchange UC currency for Tamoran dinar as the official international exchange rate.).
-The costs associated with printing the banknotes will be supported by the Tamoran Central Bank as a sign of good faith.
-The Theocracy can redeem the banknotes at any time and will be exchanged with the Tamoran Dinar.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: A currency issue: Tamora and the Theocracy of Kaitaine
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »

To:-  His Royal Highness Naser Safavid

The government of the Theocracy of Kaitaine would be very interested in the scheme that you have suggested. We would therefore like to commission for use as soon as possible a total of $10 million in bank notes. We would appreciate if the "Front" of the note featured an image of the Reverned Mother, while the "Back" will feature various landmarks from within the Theocracy. I hope this is acceptable as a first step and wish to pass on my people's thanks to your nation in facilitating this.

Best Wishes

Yann Bryant
Theocracy of Kaitaine Finance Minister