Author Topic: Nya Åland News  (Read 25548 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Nya Åland News
« on: September 03, 2017, 04:03:36 PM »

]

HEAD GOTHI DIES IN SECRET

It was confirmed today by Allsherjargoði Jin Odinsson that the nations leader, Head Gothi Daniel Stenberg has died. Shortly after a video was posted on several news channels showing a traditional boat funeral conducted in secret and the boat being pushed into the Sea of Alucard. A spokesman for the government said, "It is a sad day for our nation, Daniel Stenberg was seen by many as the father of our nation, he has lead us through difficult times and made our nation stronger, now it is our duty to ensure we continue his works to make our nation a place fit for the Gods."

A few hours later the Police, who had carried out an investigation into the death made their own statement. "This morning the Head Gothi was killed in a swordfight, it appears that this was arranged with a group of Gothi's who considered themselves loyal followers of the Head Gothi. Acting with his consent he was killed and a traditional Odinist funeral was carried out. We have determined that none of the men involved will be charged with murder, this was clearly something done by a man who made a decision to die. It was discovered during our investigation that each of those involved had a signed and sealed letter from the Head Gothi pardoning them for the murder of Daniel Stenberg, therefore we are unable to charge them. We have also discovered that Stenberg was suffering from Motor neurone disease and therefore this is likely to have been some attempt at an honourable death in the eyes of a deeply devout Odinist."

A few hours after the announcment this newspaper recieved a couriered letter which turned out to be the Head Gothi's farewell letter.

Quote from: Letter

To my Brothers and Sisters

Today my earthly life has come to an end, I wish it to be known that I view the man that killed me not as a murderer but as a true brother, it is thanks to him that I have died a true noble death, a weapon in my hand surrounded by friends. It is my dearest hope that no punishment will be given to those who have helped me on my way, and that my final destination will be to Valhalla where I shall be reunited with my darling wife.

The decision I have made was difficult, my body was failing and over the last few months it has become hard for me to hold a chisel, as a Carpenter who loved his work this was heart breaking, my diagnosis of Motor neurone disease meant this would only get worse and that I would be unable to complete my duties. Our Republic deserves strong leadership, and in this difficult time needs it, I am now pleased that it will get exactly that. In the coming weeks the people of our land will go to the polls and select my successor, to whoever it is I hope Odin will bless you as you lead our people to a great future.

As I leave you I wish only to tell you that I am proud of the nation we created as a family and that I shall be watching you continue to greatness.

Go With Odin.

Daniel Stenberg.

It is expected that a memorial service will be held in Krokom for Stenberg in two days and that a memorial will be built soon after. Nominations for the new Head Gothi are expected to be opened in a weeks time with Jin Odinsson taking emergency powers until a new one is elected.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:59:30 PM by KrisNord »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
Re: Nya Åland News
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 10:54:26 PM »

HEAD GOTHI CANDIDATE SPECIAL**HEAD GOTHI CANDIDATE SPECIAL**HEAD GOTHI CANDIDATE SPECIAL**HEAD GOTHI CANDIDATE SPECIAL
]

THREE CANDIDATES MEET REQUIREMENTS. ELECTIONS SOON

Following of the passing of the deadline to submit candidacy for the successor to the late Daniel Stenberg there have been three candidates put forward. To be eligable to stand for the position the person must have been born within Åland, celebrated their 35th birthday, served a minimum of five years as a Gothi at a shrine and have no criminal record. The three candidates will now have until the 1st October to run their campaign before the nations voters take to the ballots. The successor to Daniel Stenberg will be only the 2nd Head Gothi in the nations history and will assume responsibility for guiding the nation both spiritually and in terms of the nations foreign policy direction.

The three candidates are profiled below.

Konrad Gulbrandsen

Konrad is the youngest of the three candidates at the age of 38. He currently is the Custodian of the Shrine of Thor in Grunwald, a position he has held for the last eight years after finishing military service in the Marines of the former Union of Nordic People, where he reached the rank of Sergeant. He is a keen fisherman and has been an invigilator in the last two whale hunts held at Spotswald. His current manner of employment is as a shipwright, is married and has two daughters aged 5 and 2. He has very little political experience beyond the work carried out as a Custodian. He was rumoured to have been present when Daniel Stenberg died, but has so far refused to comment on this. He is known to believe that the path set forth by Daniel Stenberg was a good one for the nation and believes that more could be done to make the nation more self reliant. He has also spoke of the nation expanding militarily in order to be able to fulfil obligations to Uppsala without relying on East Moreland, Achkaerin and Lodjain troops, a group he described as "gifts from Odin"

Stein Ulfsson

The 49 year old Hjalmby native is the current Gothi at his local shrine to Tyr and currently works as a Literature teacher at a local secondary school. He is known to be a keen supporter of the arts and at one time was part of the Union of Nordic People's National Theatre Company. He is known for his outspoken views that education needs massive investment and has made this one of his priorities. He has worked in Uppsala during school holidays and helped establish educational centres there with support from East Moreland's Melissa Lusk. He is married and has three children (Two daughters aged 19 and 16, One son aged 10). He has spoken that if elected he will seek to push Nordic culture as a means of establishing better relations with nations beyond those who supported Uppsala. He has also been highly critical of the CTO calling it "a weak talking shop"

Tessan Victorsson

The only woman to nominate herself the 70 year old served briefly as a Junior Foreign Minister in the Union of Nordic People before resigning in order to follow a path studying theology.  She currently is the Gothi for Heimdall in Krokom as well as an archivist for the Odinic Order. She was a part time seamstress while raising her three children, (1 son aged 42, two daughters aged 38 and 35) as well as caring for her various grandchildren. She has voiced concerns about the nation needing to stand strong in the face of foreign pressure regarding what she has described as "Unjust international laws" as well as being a believer that foreign influence will weaken the nation. She has called for the creation of an Odinist Foreign Legion as a peacekeeping force in Uppsala stating, "The Morelanders, The Achkaerin and Lodjains, even the Maori, have done a tremendous job, but we should be self-reliant and Odinists across Mundus will be given a chance to serve the Gods".

Each of the candidates will be invited to address the Odinic Council in a televised session, the running order for these being determined by lots with one candidate speaking each day. Furthermore it is likely that each will run substantial campaigns travelling around the nation.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »

]

LONGBOAT 3 BEGINS DEATH DIVE

Following a lengthy mission in space the nations Longboat 3 probe is due to dive into the atmosphere of  Nintura before burning up in a fireball that may be observable from Mundus. Teams of scientists from what is now the Joint Nordic Space Programme will gather in mission control to bid farewell to a probe that has given us more data on Nintura than ever before. The probe has spent time manouvering around the planets various moons as well as completing a number of dangerous manouvers taking it between the planets famous rings. Within the next six hours it is predicted that  radio communications will be lost with the two-ton, bus-size spacecraft as it plunges into the giant planet’s turbulent atmosphere at more than 122,000 kilometers per hour. Within seconds the gas streaming around the plummeting probe will reach temperatures hot enough to melt its aluminium chassis, followed by the iridium cladding that shields its plutonium power source. With its radio link to Mundus severed, Longboat’s last “transmission” will be the light from this fireball, a modest blaze that astronomers might glimpse from telescopes across Mundus. A minute after its final signal, the sophisticated spacecraft will be reduced to a rapidly dissipating spray of vaporized metal some 200 kilometers beneath it's graves swirling cloud tops.

The mission has  sent back about 635 gigabytes of data, much of it consisting of gorgeous images. That may seem underwhelming by today’s terabyte-saturated technologies however for a mission planned over twenty years ago with so much ambition the results have been highly impressive. Around 8million people have been following the probes official twitter account where mission control has been posting images and updates from a probe which is significantly older than the social network. One of the highlights of the mission was spotting for the first time plumes of water vapour being shot high into the planets skies, plumes that in the final years of the mission Longboat first photographed and then flew through collecting unique data. The probe is now running out of fuel, and keen to avoid the spacecraft spinning out of control—striking and potentially contaminating Enceladus or Titan with any lingering Mundus-born microbes—mission planners are deliberately crashing Longboat into the planet, turning it into a makeshift atmospheric probe. As it plunges into Nintura’s clouds it will operate eight of its instruments and use its thrusters to keep its high-gain antenna pointed toward Mundus as long as possible, transmitting as much information as it can about the atmosphere’s composition until it is overwhelmed and tumbles into oblivion. Some think that data could help scientists refine their understanding of Nintura’s origins and early evolution.

The team who have run the Longboat Mission have spoke of their sadness and joy at the completion with Dr. Momssen, one of the projects longest serving members and a member of the team who witnessed the launch long ago, said. "This is the final hours of a life of work. Many of the team have dedicated their whole adult lives so far to learning about Nintura and in a few moments that will be over. It will take years to sift through the data and images we have collected, but many of us as engineers, technicians and mission controllers will not be part of that. For me this will be my final mission, at 61 I will be retiring, it seems fitting to go when Longboat does. It's been an adventure and I am proud that a mission that was intended to simply overfly and photograph the moons has achieved so much more. Many of the scientists who started Longboat died in the UNP Disaster, I hope they too will today be looking down and smiling as our baby completes its epic voyage." It was left to Dr.Momssen to transmit the order for the final dive and as he did so he recited a prayer normally used at funerals.

"Lo, There do I see my Father, and
Lo, there do I see my Mother, and
Lo, There do I see my Brothers and my Sisters and
Lo, There do I see my people back to the begining, and
Lo they do call to me, and
bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave will live forever. "

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 01:16:34 PM »

]

CANDIDATES MEET LONGHOUSE

The three candidates aiming to become the next Head Gothi yesterday visited the Longhouse, they were given a tour of the building, meet the various representatives working there and meet with civil servants who gave them each a briefing on the way the office works. They were joined for part of the tour by Home Affairs Minister Birgit Strand, possible the nations most experienced politician. Miss Strand said, "It should be remembered that unlike other nations our leader is not a career politician, they are a spiritual person who is an expert on the faith therefore guiding us in the way the Gods would be proud of. Furthermore they are often not from a background where intricate knowledge of government procedures is important. This briefing is kind of a way of them seeing if this is really what they want to dedicate the next five years of their life to."

Each where then given thirty minutes to address the Longhouse and a further thirty minutes to answer questions. This was screened live on 24 hour news and around 40% of the nation tuned in at times. Here at our publication we have summarised each candidates stances.

Konrad Gulbrandsen
Stein UlfssonTessan Victorsson
DrugsAlchohol age limit dropped to 16.
Certain recreational drugs to be licenced and heavily taxed.
No changeAll drugs to remain banned.

Alchohol to be taxed more.
EducationExtra funding for apprenticeships.Literature to be required until the age of 18.

University to be free.

Theology to be studied until 18.
University to be free for top 10% of students.
PropertyNo change to Private ownership LawsAny land considered empty and owned by Thanes to be made into a collective farm.Odinic Order to take control of all land unoccupied for two years.
GovernmentNo changeCreation of a Deputy Gothi post.Odinic Order to become part of the government in an official capacity.
Civil RightsVoting to be extended to non Odinists who have resided in NA for six years.Odinic Order to become ultimate court of appeal.Legislation to be passed protecting transexuals.
ReligionRe-establish Operation Hrringhorri to make immigration by Odinists easy.Odinic Order to establish missionariesCrackdown on religious content by non-Odinists on TV and Radio.
EconomyBusiness tax to be lowered.
Income tax to be lowered
Removal of vehicle tax but increase on fuel tax.
Funding for overseas aid to be scrapped.

Creation of an enterprise zone.
Non Odinist owned companies to pay a 0.25% tax.

HealthNo more cosmetic surgery for free.

Missed Doctors appointments to be charged at $500
Establishment of mobile hospitals for remote areas.Sugar Tax to be introduced.

Alchohol related visits to A&E to be charged.
EnvironmentIncrease in use of Geothermal energy. Ban on certain packaging

Aim for "Petrol Free" Roads by 2030.
Creation of areas of natural beauty.

Increase hunting permits

Funding of green energy.
UppsalaCity to be reduced to rubble on west side of river and material reused to be build eastern side on a limited size. Refugees to be housed in disused properties in NA.

Uppsala to become an enterprise zone.
Creation of a new military unit, the Odinist Foreign Legion. Legion to be based in Uppsala and given police duties.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »

]

STEIN ULFSSON BECOMES NEW HEAD GOTHI

49 year old Stein Ulfsson, a former Literature teacher in a secondary school has today been named the nations 2nd Head Gothi. The father of three won a total of 41% of the vote from members of the Odinic Order, he beat Konrad Gulbrandsen into second place with 34% of the vote, while Tessan Victorsson received 25% of the vote. The new Head Gothi will be sworn in at the weekend in a ceremony attended by the nations various Gothi's and the Longhouse. Ulfsson was formerly the Gothi to a shrine of Tyr,  and worked as a secondary school teacher where he taught students aged between 11 and 18 Nordic Literature as well as providing education in the Uppsala Refugee Camps. He has also worked with the Union of Nordic People Theatre Company as a writer and orator.

Ulfsson held a party for his campaign team and voulenteers in the suburb of Malken in Krokom where he lived and taught. As news of the result came in he was carried around the block by his supporters on their shoulders before speaking to those gathered.

Quote from: Speech

I'd like to begin by thanking everyone who voted, regardless of who for, our nation was built through democracy and it is vital we keep that alive. I congratulate Konrad and Tessan on their fair and passionate campaigns and fully intend for them to take roles within my administration, they are both great nationalists who have much to offer the nation, and myself. I never professed to being a politician nor do I have all the answers, I believe my strength is knowing where to find answers and in the coming weeks we have many to find. I'd also like to thank my wife and children for allowing me to stand, I know their support will be vital in the coming five years.

Tomorrow once headaches are out the way work begins and there is much to do, our nation must begin to take new steps. Quiet rightly for a long period we have pulled together to support Uppsala, a city I now know well, it is getting back on its feet and we shall help it learn to walk, then run. We have relied upon the help of our friends, friends that we can never repay, from East Moreland, Achkaerin, Lodja, The Iwi and Himeyama, all nations who put men and women on the ground in difficult circumstances and saved many many lives. Additionally while no Ui Cennesliag boots touched Nordic soil they have provided shipping and supplies to those undertaking ground operations and for that we thank you. The time has come however for us to allow these men and women to return home, for after all they have families who will be missing them. I wish each and everyone of them a long and happy life surrounded by their loved ones.

Our nation can be one that joins these nations I have already mentioned in doing good, we have done it before, when pushed we entered Marseille to defend our homeland and support those brave enough to stand up for their rights. While we do not look for trouble we shall not stand by and watch others face it. While I understand there is a conference about the CTO taking place we will not take up that invite. Twice that organisation has burnt us and there shall not be a third time, instead we shall forge our own path separate to their carnage, that path may be alone, or through the CMA, that is not yet determined.

My first act as Head Gothi however shall be to ask our land registry to identify lands that are not being utilised. We have many Thanes in our nation who own estates since the 12th century. Today they use them merely to marvel at their beauty, while there is nothing wrong with admiring our nations outstanding landscape there is a need for the economy being boosted. As such any land that can be utilised will be seized from Thanes and offered to entraperneurs for a discount price. This will enable people to establish new businesses and create jobs, boosting our economy. Furthermore the money raised will be used to fund four mobile hospitals which will tour round remote areas of the nation, hopefully bringing world class health care to the doorstep of some of our more isolated citizens. It is my hope this can be achieved before the New Year.

Additionally I will be seeking a path for the Odinic Order to become the ultimate court of appeal. As in death we shall be subject to the will of the Gods, so shall we in life. Therefore it makes sense that those with the most theocratic understanding are the last arbiters of justice. This will take negotiation and research with the civil service to work out how this can be done in a fair manner, but I am sure it will be done.

May Odin watch over you, your mead be plentiful and your sword sharp.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 11:08:42 PM »

]

NEW KROKOM TEMPLE TO BE BUILT

The new Head Gothi has announced that a new large temple, the first in twenty years, is to be built in Krokom. The Temple which shall be dedicated to all the Gods, shall be the largest Odinist Temple in the nation and quiet possibly the world. The temple will cover an area about the size of a football pitch and have two levels above ground and four below. Additionally a compound will surround it containing gardens and shrines. Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson announced the decision saying, "We are a nation dedicated to the glory of Odin and his fellow Gods, yet for twenty years no new temples have been built, I know many of us prefer to worship in the outdoors, and this design still allows that, but I also want to show the world our pride in our faith."

The temple will be totally carbon neutral with wood forming the primary building material, additionally the temples heat and electricity will be provided by geothermal energy and likely include use of one of Krokom's many heated springs. The exact location has yet to be confirmed with chief Engineer of the project saying, "Not only do we want to give the Gods the perfect building it needs to be in the perfect spot. We shall examine the omens in the coming days and work out a perfect spot to enable the faithful to enjoy this new marvel."

Within hours of the announcement around 30,000 voulenteers had signed up to be part of the construction team with several large building companies pledging their craftsman if needed. One carpentry business which employs some 3,000 workers said, "This is a great idea and many of our workers wish to use their skills to help bring it into existance, we shall permit them as much time off as they need to complete the work if they wish to be involved. I would be proud to say our workers had even the smallest contribution to an epic project." Furthermore local schools are being asked to design carvings of the Gods for inside a move the Head Gothi described as "a lovely way to get the next generation to love the idea of celebrating our faith."

The Head Gothi also indicated that Operation Hringhorni will resume, however with some differences from Daniel Stenberg's original plan. Head Gothi Ulfsson explained saying, "Daniel had the idea of bringing all Odinists home. While that would be the dream, to have us all united in one nation under one banner, what we will settle for though is support Odinists across the globe and so the voyages of Hringhorni will begin again, this time as an education centre inviting people to learn about our faith, our culture and our way of life." It is expected the vessel will set sail in the coming days but no destination is known.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 09:10:36 PM »

]

HEAD GOTHI TO VISIT MARSEILLES

The Head Gothi has announced that he will be paying a "Low key and informal" visit to Marseilles. During the Materna Crisis members of the nations military undertook a range of special operations alongside a resistance cell called Real Marseilles. In the final stages of the conflict members of the Houscarl Commando unit helped the members of Real Marseille take the capital under their control and install a provisional government. It is thought some 20 members of the Houscarls died in the fighting along with three air force pilots. The numbers have never been confirmed due to the nature of Houscarl operations, however Ulfsson did say, "The families of those who died freeing Marseilles while protecting our nation will always know the truth. It is important we remember those brave men who are in Valhalla."

It was announced that while he is in Marseille he will visit the graves of all the fallen and leave Mjölnir pendants as a mark of respect. Additionally he will meet with members of Real Marseille, including their commander and the nations first President, Jacques Papin. Accompanying the Head Gothi will be Major Noah Heikke, a former member of he Houscarls who served in Marseille, the Major was one of the first soldiers into the capital and fought alongside Papin's men. The Major says, "Revisiting that city is a moment of great importance to me. A chance to pay respect to my men who didn't make it home." Furthermore it was confirmed that Heikke will make Papin and several of his men honourary Houscarls. "It is important we recognise fellow Warriors. These men fought side by side with us and will always be part of our unit."

Following this trip it is thought the Head Gothi will attempt to form other meetings across Mundus.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 09:14:22 PM »

]

ALGAE FARMS TO FILL "WASTELAND"

Jin Odinsson today announced that several square miles of the wasteland created in the aftermath of the disaster that befell the Union of Nordic People has been ear-marked for Algae Farms. The project will see seven companies granted land on condition of creating a set number of jobs as well as helping rebuild infastructure in the western part of the nation. The plan is that the algae will use salt and contaminated waters to grow algae for use as a biofuel. The project was thought up by a Professor at Krokom University called Marta Henriksson. The Professor of Environmental Sciences said, " Unlike traditional biofuel crops such as Hemp which produce 10 to 100 gallons of oil per acre, algae are mega oil producers capable of producing 1,000 to 5,000 gallons of oil per acre. Oil collected from algae looks very similar, chemically, to crop oils and can be converted to renewable fuel using existing technology. Algae also do not compete with food sources, can grow in nonpotable and saline water on otherwise nonproductive land, treat polluted waters and recycle carbon dioxide." The Professor did however mention that the project faced several challenges, "Because of algae's small size, and tendency to plug filters, harvesting it from water is challenging. Once harvested, the algae undergoes an intensive drying and oil extraction processes which at present is rather expensive. Research is ongoing to find ways to more efficiently collect oil and algae solids from their waterborne state and this will see it produce large quantities of fuel at a lower price than fossil fuels and at a less damaging cost to the food production cycles than crops like Hemp."

It is believed that this is the first large scale project of its kind in Mundus and that the project already has its first customer. One backer of the project is the widow of Willa Sunbrek, the UNP's great Head of Longhouse and a keen environmentalist. The actress Krista Rosendahl-Sunbrek married Sunbrek for 18 months and has taken up many of her good causes. Speaking at NatureOil Ltd, one of the companies investing she said, "I have already got a biofuelled moped for the streets of Krokom, I look forward to it becoming algae powered and think this experiment could become in decades to come a game changer."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »

]

JNSP SET STANDARD FOR ION PROPULSION

The Joint Nordic Space Programme have been working on improved Ion Propulsion systems for probes for some time and today announced a major breakthrough. This technology is being followed because it can theoretically achieve higher speeds than conventional chemical propulsion.In a series of tests at JNSP’s Grunwald Research Center, researchers said they had now achieved a record power output for an Ion thruster, opening up new avenues of research."We have shown that the unit can operate at over 100 kW of power, as it generated 5.4 Newtons of thrust, which is the highest level of thrust achieved by any plasma thruster to date." (The previous record was 3.3 Newtons.)

Ion thrusters are promising because they promise high thrust with little fuel input. With little propellant needed, they can theoretically operate for much longer than conventional thrusters, achieving much higher speeds. The JNSP's longest running thruster is on Longboat 1 which is currently heading out of our solar system.  However, that has a thrust of just 90 microNewtons (0.00009 Newtons). They involve accelerating plasma at extremely high speeds. Electrons are used to bump into atoms, normally of xenon gas. This knocks off more electrons, producing positive ions and thrust. Slowly, over time, this continually increases the speed of a spacecraft.In theory the thruster could get a spacecraft up to 40 kilometers (25 miles) per second, eight times faster than a chemical propulsion spacecraft with a top speed of 5 kilometers (3 miles) per second. Thus, they are hugely promising for spaceflight. If used on manned missions to Nergal (RL Mars), for example, the spacecraft could require less propellant and thus more easily be launched into orbit. It is likely such an engine will be used in the next two years on a probe.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »

]

JNSP TO LAUNCH MICROWAVE GRAVITY MEASUREMENT

The Joint Nordic Space Programme today announced that the Hræsvelgr Gravity Measurement Probe (HGMP) will be launched this weekend. The project is the first of its kind and is intended to map variations in Mundus gravitational field as well as gathering measurements of Mundus surface that will enable scientists to study the  ocean, geology, and climate of Mundus in more detail. While similar tasks have been undertaken by other nations the Hræsvelgr Probe is actually made up of two smaller probes that once released from their launch vehicle will separate and take up positions in a polar orbit. Once separated they will move exactly 220km apart and then orbit Mundus 15 times a day. The other unique factor of the Hræsvelgr probe is that while other probes have used electromagnetic waves either reflected off, emitted by, or transmitted throughMundus surface this will use a microwave ranging system to give measurements accurate down to 10 micrometers (approximately one-tenth the width of a human hair). The probes detect changes in gravity by keeping a constant distance between each other, as the first hits a change in gravity its speed changes and this is recorded.

The JNSP are already constructing Hræsvelgr II, a similar pair of probes that will be sent to the moon in order to carry out a similar procedure, these however are also going to test a system using lasers instead of microwaves giving it an even more accurate measurement.

Speaking from the JNSP HQ in Krokom Dr.Momssen, the leader of JNSP, said, "The project is an exciting one, while it may not have the glamour of Longboat III it will give us an insight into hidden secrets of our own planet and allow for a deeper understanding of a whole host of other sciences." The Hræsvelgr project is likely to feature three probes with the final one being aimed at (Whatever we call Mercury)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 08:33:34 PM »

]

NEW SUPERHERO FILM BANNED

It was announced today that the latest Marvel superhero film, "Thor:Ragnarok" will not be permitted to be shown in Nya Åland following consultation with Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson. The ban was put in place because of "The gross disrespect for Odin shown in the film", it is the first time that a film has been banned on these grounds within the nation. The film is the latest installment of the globally successful superhero films made by Marvel, however the films featuring the character "Thor" have never been well received among the Ålander public. The main reason for this is the way that the God Thor is portrayed as being little more than a powerful humanoid alien rather than a God and the marginalisation of Odin.

One film critic stated, "I'm not surprised the Thor films have not done well here. They have taken a vastly interesting character ground in the various Gods, all of whom are part of an amazing saga of literary greatness, and turned them into nothing other than action figures designed to sell merchandise. Its cynical and I am sure if a film on Jesus or Muhammed took these actions there would be an international outcry."

The Head Gothi spoke briefly saying, "I have not seen the other films in this franchise, it doesn't appeal to me, but my concern is media has a great influence on young people and I do not wish people to misrepresent our Gods. We act respectfully to them at all times and that is the way I expect our Gods to be treated in our land." There have been no statements made by the film studio and it is likely other Marvel films not featuring Thor will be permitted to be shown in the country.

]

SUNBREK AND STENBERG HONOURED AT BLOT

At the annual Ancestor Blot, a festival were Ålanders honour their families past, memorials to both Willa Sunbrek and Daniel Stenberg were unveiled. The two deceased politicians were honoured with statues in the gardens of the Longhouse. Members of the pairs family were invited to the unveiling including former UNP leader Willa Sunbrek's actress widow Krista Rosendahl who is currently beginning a screenplay on the life of her deceased wife.

The statues were unveiled by the latest Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson who spoke about the pair warmly.

Willa and Daniel are the people who created our nation, our homeland that has enabled us to turn ourselves to our Gods. Willa may never have been an Ålander on paper but she was a glorious Odinist who did right, saw the best in people and thrust Nordic people into the world in a positive light. She is a shining example to all of us and her death a tragedy for Mundus. Together with my good friend Daniel they laid the foundations of our nation and they created a stable, strong and republic with ambitions to achieve greatness. Daniel took the oppurtunities the UNP granted us when they agreed our seperation and made us into what we are becoming, the Odinist safe haven. I am happy that both their memories will now be honoured here at the Longhouse and that from here they will see the legacy that they have created grow and grow. It is my hope in years to come I will be able to walk these gardens and whisper to each of them the great deeds their children have achieved.

Across the nation people travelled to ancestral shrines and groves and feasted in the open, leaving a portion of their goods to be consumed by their ancestors. In the capitol a large parade was held as people carried offerings to the Gods to the various temples.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:03 PM »

]

SIX ARRESTED FOR MISTLETOE THEFT FROM SACRED GROVE

Six foreign nationals living in Helsingby have been arrested after being caught taking cuttings of mistletoe from the Grove of Odin in the towns Sacred Park. The six people where spotted by wardens of the Odinic Order around 2pm carrying garden tools and challenged about what they were doing. The Grove is considered sacred to Odinists and visited frequently by worshippers who pray in the outdoors. Following the wardens investigations it was discovered the four women and two men had cut two small bags of misteltoe from one of the trees apparently to "decorate for Christmas". They were arrested on charges of "desecrating a holy site" and are due to appear in court tomorrow. Officials have yet to confirm their nationalities however it is thought that at least three of them are here as students. Should they be found guilty they could be sentenced to a maximum of 40 hours community service, a 6,000Kr fine[1] and a two year suspended jail sentence, it is however more likely they shall get a fine of around 3,000Kr and their visas revoked unless this is a second offence.

There are generally a number of arrests of Christians living in Nya Åland at this time of year as the Christian community begin to celebrate Advent and Christmas. In past years some Christians have used the oppurtunity of the similarities of Yule to decorate their homes and this has caused little issue so long as religious imagery is not used. Last year a total of 162 Christians were arrested, all of whom were fined and 22 deported. This year it has been announced that in the coming weeks a TV and radio information advert will be aired in order to ensure that less violations of the nations religious laws take place.

Non-Odinists are permitted to reside within the Nya Åland nation however it is against the law to publically display religious symbols other than Odinist ones, additionally public prayer, preaching, distribution of religious material and various other actions are not allowed. A total of around 5% of the nation are not Odinists and as such are expected to practice their religion in private. The new Head Gothi, Stein Ulfsson has confirmed he will not be searching for a relaxtion of these rules saying. "Our nation is the last outpost of Odinism, we are his children and we are proud of that. We have no ill will towards those of other faiths, but we ask that here on our nations home soil people do not desecrate the foundations of what our nation is built on. That means we do not glorify people such as Jesus, Muhammed, Jehovah, or anything religious figure, Odin and his brood are the ones we honour and that is rightly so."

In an unrelated incident three cinema owners have been arrested for showing an illegal screening of the latest Marvel Superhero film entitled "Thor:Ragnarok", the film was banned on grounds of insulting Odin and giving "a false portrayal of Thor and his powers". Each of the cinema owners is likely to be fined somewhere in the region of 10,000Kr and could even have their entertainment licences revoked.
 1. approx $700

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »

]

YULE CELEBRATION IN KROKOM

The annual Yule celebrations in Krokom have finished today after almost two weeks of feasting and praying. The highlight of the festival was the unveiling of a statue dedicated to former Head Gothi Daniel Stenberg outside of the soon to be completed Temple of the Gods in the capital. The statue was unveiled by the current Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson who will soon dedicate the new Temple at a large ceremony to mark the first new Temple in over twenty years. During the speech the Gothi spoke of future policies regarding the country.

"The festival of Yule is to celebrate the passing of the dark times and the beginning of light returning to the world. The need now is for Nya Åland to return to the world. The last few years have been a disaster for our nation, first the disaster of Uppsala, then the chemical release, the tragedy of Daniel, all these things have knocked our nation backwards, but it has not destroyed us. I know intend for us to come back and show the world that we have much to offer. I have already been in talks with our friends in East Moreland and next year our aid package will begin to decrease slightly. One of the key concepts of Odinism is self reliance and taking money from the Morelanders is not helping us achieve this aim. It should be our duty now to withdraw ourselves from this money and replace it with our own hard work. Furthermore it is time we pay back the support we have been given, as such there shall be an increase in Nya Åland's contribution to the JET and other organisations designed to support people around the world."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »

]

NEW TOURIST VIDEO GOES VIRAL

A new tourist video made by the National Tourist Board for the international market has gone viral. The song entitled "Hardest Karaoke Song in the World features one of the minor languages used in Åland and challenges those watching to say ever increasingly difficult words. It is hoped the video, which shows some of the nations most beautiful scenary will attract more visitors to the nation." A spokesman for the Tourist Board said, "Since the situation in Uppsala our tourist numbers have hit rock bottom, it is hoped a video like the "a to ö of Åland" will help promote our nation and show that things in the east of our nation are unchanged and as beautiful as ever."

Last year numbers of tourists hit the lowest point since records began with a numbers being just 16% of previous years. It is believed with another year like that many businesses that cater to tourists could go bankrupt.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 07:48:29 PM »

]

LHC MAY HAVE DISCOVERED NEW PARTICLE

Following a month long increase in the speed and frequency of the Large Hadron Collider in Nya Åland it has been suggested that a new type of particle, never before seen has been discovered. The particle, known as a  Odderon, has been theorised by physacists for many years however here has never been a way of searching for them until now. The new discovery is yet to be confirmed but with data totalling over a Petabyte has yet to be fully examined. The information is likely to take at least 18 months to go through and even then is unlikely to be confirmed for a further year. The lead scientist on the programme is Dr. Jan Mehelsson who said. "This discovery is potentially ground breaking, it will allow us to learn so much about our universe and change the way in which we believe particles interact with each other. If this is the case this could have some exciting implications for everyone."

It is expected that the LHC will take a break for a period of two weeks now as parts are replaced during maintainence, once completed it is expected that the LHC will be fired up once more and a new range of experiments will take place. Head Gothi  Stein Ulfsson sent his congratulations to the LHC team at the beginning of what he said was "an exciting week for Nordic science", later this week the delayed  Hræsvelgr Gravity Measurement Probe (HGMP) will be launched. The Joint Nordic Space Programme today announced that the Hræsvelgr Gravity Measurement Probe (HGMP) will be launched this weekend. The project is the first of its kind and is intended to map variations in Mundus gravitational field as well as gathering measurements of Mundus surface that will enable scientists to study the  ocean, geology, and climate of Mundus in more detail. While similar tasks have been undertaken by other nations the Hræsvelgr Probe is actually made up of two smaller probes that once released from their launch vehicle will separate and take up positions in a polar orbit. Once separated they will move exactly 220km apart and then orbit Mundus 15 times a day. The other unique factor of the Hræsvelgr probe is that while other probes have used electromagnetic waves either reflected off, emitted by, or transmitted throughMundus surface this will use a microwave ranging system to give measurements accurate down to 10 micrometers (approximately one-tenth the width of a human hair). The probes detect changes in gravity by keeping a constant distance between each other, as the first hits a change in gravity its speed changes and this is recorded.

The JNSP are already constructing Hræsvelgr II, a similar pair of probes that will be sent to the moon in order to carry out a similar procedure, these however are also going to test a system using lasers instead of microwaves giving it an even more accurate measurement.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 10:18:28 PM »

]

HEAD GOTHI CALLS FOR BAN OF NAPALM

Following reports from Quintelia of military using napalm our nations Head of State, Head Gothi  Stein Ulfsson, has called for the weapon to be banned. Speaking at the launch of the Hræsvelgr Gravity Measurement Probe (HGMP) by the JNSP he said. "I have spoken to our Minister of Defence, herself a seasoned military operator, and I saw first hand what the Gungnir's use of home made Napalm did to Uppsala, ironically the city whom the Convention to prevent incidents such as this is named after. We are in effect the custodians of that treaty and while Quintelia is a signatory they must abide by its terms. Napalm is an ugly weapon, it doesn't select targets once someone pressed the button to release it, the damage it causes is torture and is indiscriminate. We therefore can not allow this weapon to be used, our own armed forces carry no supplies of it and I urge the rest of Mundus who haven't done so already to follow our lead."

The Minister of Defence Marita Kjeldson added her opinion saying, "Having served almost twenty years in the Air Force I am aware of how at times combat can be a confusing space and sadly accidents happen. I would call on Quintelia to make avaliable to us, as a non-aligned nation and as the home of the Uppsala Convention, to permit us to examine the situation. I can honestly see a case where decisions were made in good faith and some unfortunate human error lead to this incident. If that is truly the case it is in Quintelia's interest to show this is the case, and I would echo the Head Gothi's sentiment that napalm is a weapon no longer fit for purpose."

It is yet unknown how the village in Quintelia was hit and likely other nations will call for an investigation. 

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2018, 10:38:51 PM »

]

MICROWAVE GRAVITY MEASUREMENT MISSION SUCCESSFUL

The  Hræsvelgr Gravity Measurement Probe (HGMP) has today successfully completed its two months mission. The pair of probes have been completing orbits of Mundus monitoring variations in Mundus gravitational field as well as gathering measurements of Mundus surface that will enable scientists to study the  ocean, geology, and climate of Mundus in more detail. The probes used sophisticated measurement systems to maintain a set gap between them and their speed monitored, increases and decreases in speed indicating a change in gravity.

It is expected that two further HGMP probe pairs will be used, one on the moon and the other on a planet in our solar system, the target yet to be named. The JNSP are said to be "delighted with the project so far but this is the first step in a much much bigger process that will allow us to understand our Universe in a new way."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 10:34:06 PM »

]

NEW TEMPLE NAMED THE "STENBERG TEMPLE"

The largest Odinist temple in the world was today opened in Krokom by the Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson who revealed it will be named after former Head Gothi Daniel Stenberg, the first person to hold the role of Nya Åland's theocratic head of state. The all wooden structure was built by a team of 30,000 volunteers and will be able to accommodate 60,000 people in its sunken arena. The temple features an above ground feasting hall as well as a sub-terranian worship hall and a small administration complex. The underground nature of a great deal of the structure means that geothermal energy can be used to help heat much of the complex added to the fact the all wooden structure was made from sustainable woodland it is possibly the most environmentally friendly place of worship on Mundus.

The ribbon was cut by Stein Ulfsson who then invited the guests to the opening inside where the first worship took place. During the ceremony Ulfsson dedicated the temple to "keeping alive the dream of Daniel Stenberg to spread and protect the Odinist faith and the ideals for which it stands." The Head Gothi went on to give all in attendance the mission of "Showing Mundus that our faith is one not of submission, nor guilt, is not one of saying but is one of doing. We do not  bend our knee in supplication to the Gods & Goddesses. Nor do we beg them to do for us; rather, we ask them to empower us to do for ourselves. Self-realization and empowerment are at the heart of Odinism. It is known that that which made man & women 'human' was a set of divine gifts, bestowed by the Gods at the birth of humanity. Through these gifts, we know the Gods directly, for it is that gift that they shared with us. We are, in one way or another, descended from them, body and soul. We cannot "break with the Gods". Ours is not a contractual relationship - it is one of blood. So long as we exist, they exist. Our faith maintains that we neither need, nor ask for our Gods & Goddesses' forgiveness. We were not born into sin. We were born to be tested by our fate, to become the best that we can be. We were born to be great and we must seize that greatness."

Ulfsson went on to explain that the nation will not be joining the Network of Republics as many believed would happen, "The Network is not set up to promote an ideology, it is set up as an organisation serving no purpose other than to have created a backdoor for actions against the Bene Gesserit. That much is clear and while we do not share Mountjoy's world view on many things we saw their actions there as honourable. Furthermore we shall be shortly joining East Moreland in their actions against potential human trafficing of child soldiers, using those not yet at an age to make all decisions for themselves as war slaves is dishonourable and must be opposed."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 10:53:56 PM »

]

NATION CELEBRATES "DREAM" WINTER GAMES

Hundreds of thousands of Ålanders took to the streets today to celebrate topping the medal table at the Winter Games. Winter sports are seen as an obsession in Nya Åland and the table topping performance comes so soon after the great catastrophe that rocked the nation killing millions. One of those who took to the streets was Allsherjargoði Jin Odinsson who was seen in Krokom Council Square celebrating with the general public as confirmation came in. The former sports journalist, who represented Hygelac at the Football World Cup two years ago, spoke with the media saying, "You can not under estimate what this victory means. Our nation has weathered storms that possibly only Seaforth could comprehend, we have today shown the world that we are a force to be reckoned with. Everytime This is My Land was sung and our flag was raised it was a slap in the face to those who tried to use our disaster to rip us apart, it was a big thank you to those who supported us allowing us to achieve these victories, but most of all it was a reinforcement of our nations growing confidence. We missed out on hosting the games, but that dream still lives on, Ski Jump will one day return home, for now we must settle with just the medal."

The social media reference #SkiJumpsComingHome was used during the bidding process to host the games, a campaign which sadly failed, some saying down to Heyran money being used to influence the vote however this has never been confirmed. Ski Jump would have been taking place on the supposed hill where the sport began, Høydalsmo Hill, instead the team took six medals, including half the Gold medals. Among them was Jessika Palmersson who took Gold in the Women's Large Hill and Women's Team event. The 27 year old from Grunwald will carry the nations flag at the closing ceremony and said, " Six more Golds than our nearest competitors shows just how well we did. This was a games we knew could lift our nation which has had bad news after bad news. We saw the love of the sport of Ski Jumping once more become a national obsession and that was our target, get the games to where it all began at Høydalsmo Hill, when that failed it was time to bring as many of the medals back to the spiritual home of the Winter Games and I think we can hold our head up high."

The Head Gothi, Stein Ulfsson announced that the day the team return will be a national holiday and that parades will take place at the various cities as athletes arrive. This shall culminate on Saturday when a national celebration will take place at Høydalsmo Hill, where Palmersson has already announced she will jump along with her team mates. Ulfsson said, "We celebrate our victories, we celebrate our men and women who show bravery and skill. To stand at the top of Høydalsmo Hill and throw yourself down it on two pieces of wood is bravery of the highest order and I for one will raise a horn high to toast the team. Celebrations like this will be fantastic for our nation and I pray they'll be many more."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 09:25:44 AM »

]

MINISTER OF DEFENCE URGES NO ATTACKS AGAINST THE "PRINCIPALITY"

The nations Minister of Defence Martja Larsson is the only government representative in the world to have visited the so called "Principality of Northern Borland" today she has issued caution in dealing with the entity and urged that it should not be attacked. The former Air Force helicopter pilot visited the "Principality" a self proclaimed but not recognised sovereign state completely land locked within Zimalia two years ago to oversee a measure of disarmament by the Borlander terrorist group. As such she has a unique insight into the settlement.

"I visited the Principality unannounced, our observation teams where scheduled to arrive and I just tagged along, the people there had no idea a representative of our government was coming. What I saw there was odd to say the least. There were very few white people, people I'd assume where Borlanders and those people were mainly families. They were involved heavily with helping the settlement grow. For example one was a doctor providing health care to the people. I saw others helping construct new homes, they were using old metal shipping containers and they had the most basic sanitary and electrical connections. The majority of people where Zimalians and when I spoke with them it was clear that many had moved there to simply take advantage of a free home and the chances provided. I mean in Zimalia they have to pay for education, yet here was someone running schooling for free, yes that schooling was primitive, classes were overcrowded and lacked resources but education of any sort is better than none. I even tried to teach some maths, it was tough and the utmost respect goes to those teachers there trying to make a better life for people. I've visited Zimalia a time or two, what you always see is society split along tribal lines but here that had gone. We had people of all tribes who wished to escape that chaos of Zimalian society living side by side in peace. It was a great example of what a society could be. I heard no mention of terror, I saw no outward hatred of Morelanders and I saw no high ranking Borlander living there. I did see Kyle Barren on the day that the weapons where destroyed by our teams but as soon as the job was done he disappeared. Speaking to the people there they knew he was making many of the laws that existed there, laws that essentially mimic those you'd expect in any civilised society but beyond that he had little daily input into the settlement. I was devastated to hear that weeks later the Morelanders had destroyed the settlement with an air strike. I understand they'd given 24 hours notice of the attack and so loss of life was kept to a minimum, yet still I felt grief that a small piece of Zimalia that was trying to raise itself above the day to day mayhem that exists there was knocked down. I actually rejoice in the fact the "Principality" has regrown, and from what I have seen and read about it has mirrored the first incarnation. We as a world should be encouraging that little settlement and I fully intend to revisit, take with me school resources to support the education there. For example do you know that only 15% of Zimalian girls access education beyond the age of 10? While in the Principality that figure is 100%. These are efforts worthy of commendation, were this any other place on Mundus we would be hailing it a great success, a moral victory and nations would be standing applauding, yet we now have Rokkenjima making statements that "Zimalia shall have before it two choices: dismantle the so-called "Principality" of its own volition or dismantle it with the assistance of the international community" Well I will be recommending to the Riksdag later today a series of proposals to ensure that the place is not dismantled, that it is not faced by the " military tools of the international community". The "Principality" may bare the name of shame in having the word Borland associated with it, a name associated with hate and destruction, yet all I found there was love and a hope to build something great. I urge the world to not cut down once more this sapling of hope in the wilderness of chaos"  (OOC-Speech heavily edited by Libby)

Late that day the Minister of Defence presented a bill to the Riksdag that called on the following.

1. The Air Force to dispatch a squadron of aircraft to support the Zimalian Air Force against "Incursions outlawed under international law"

2. The Ministry of Education to send 25 teachers to the "Principality" for two months to help establish an educational programme.

3. The Ministry of Health to send 10 doctors and 20 nurses to help establish a health care programme.

4. Education and awareness about the spread of HIV/AIDS to be set up to try and combat the higher than average levels there.

5. The establishment of an Odinic Rite "Outpost" there to support cultural programmes within the Principality.

6. $5million in vouchers to be given to the settlement to allow them to buy resources from companies based within Nya Åland.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »

]

AIR FORCE ARRIVE IN ZIMALIA

20 of the nations NA-X multi-role fighters have arrived in Zimalia. The deployment comes amid fears of nations violating the sovereignty of the Alba Karinyan nation over fears it is harbouring terrorists. The announcement was made by Minister of Defence Martja Larsson who said, "Our nation has first hand seen on two occasions the international community threaten our sovereignty. On one occasion we saw the CTO pushing to install their own boats in our EEZ during one of our whale hunts on the pretext of protecting protesters. Next we had the whole Marseille debacle where we were "ordered" by Admiral Cole of Rokkenjima to halt our action after being hit by missiles, yet Rokkenjima just days after launched their own retaliatory strike when hit themselves. It is for these two reasons we do not believe the safety of Zimalia can be left to the hands of more militant nations."

The aircraft have begun patrols alongside an AEWACS aircraft that also joined the squadron. These patrols will be conducted alongside the Zimalian Air Force and the Air Forces of Paracambi and Tamora.  Group Captain Caj Nørup who is commanding the deployment said, "We have been made to feel extremely welcome already. The climate is much different to home and we've managed to get out and see some of the unique wildlife in Zimalia. We firmly believe that nations have a right to defend their homeland and we have seen several threats against Zimalia, a nation that have suffered enough in the past. We're proud to be here."

]

THIRD TIME THE CHARM FOR YOUNG DOCTOR

Olivia Robertsson is a 21 year old medical student from Krokom University Hospital, yet in the time since she was 17 she has seen as much medical action as many doctors will in their career. The youngster was a survivor from a Gungnir coup attempt during the great crisis that hit Uppsala and was discovered by East Moreland forces caring for four injured people. At that time Robertsson had just enrolled as a voulenteer medical orderly with the Joint Emergency Team and having been rescued from the  fire fight with the religious extremists she spent the rest of that summer helping at the refugee camps. A year on she was once more spending her break from study working with JET in the refugee camps of the city when the chemical leak hit. Robertsson herself was on the front line and found herself at the camp that was in the direct line of the leak which caused skin damage which has left the palms of her hand criss crossed with scars. "We were working on patients when we realised the gloves were getting damaged, we didn't really have many options other than just protect ourselves the best we could. I spent the next two weeks with constantly itchy palms, like they were burning." Robertsson explains of her time there. The young woman was awarded the Merit of the Valkriyes for her dedication during those difficult days.

Now the summer has arrived again and while most of her colleagues would be enjoying some time relaxing Robertsson has once again voulenteered her time. This time the trainee doctor is one of a team of University students who are in the Principality of Northern Zimalia as part of a educational team. "We're here on a health education mission. Zimalia has a major issue with AIDS/HIV but so does the Principality. No one is doing anything about the issue and so when he heard there was a chance to do something and visit a new country I was excited to do this. Our role as medical professionals is to protect people's health, mostly by treating what is in front of us but if we can stop something before it begins that is even better. We can make a real difference to hundreds of lives here."

The 21 year old will return to University in October to continue her medical training and is already being hailed as a role model by Dr. Joachim Thorn, head of our nations JET mission. "Olivia turns up to help every time something happens. She works tirelessly and even when our medical staff were asked to withdraw from Krokom in the chemical leak she refused as long as doctors were working. I am not surprised to hear she is going to Zimalia. One day she will probably have my job and JET couldn't be in safer hands."

A total of 75 Alanders have gone to the Principality as teachers, doctors, nurses and as part of the AIDS/HIV project.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 12:30:52 AM »

]

CHRISTIANS ARRESTED FOR "DISHNOURING FREYFAXI"

On the annual Freyfaxi celebration to honour the Goddess Freya and celebrate a successful harvest a group of six Christians have been arrested in Krokom. The group where distributing "Lammas Bread" in the shape of a cross. The Christian celebration of Lammas shares many of the aspects of Freyfaxi in terms of it is a festival to mark the annual wheat harvest, and is the first harvest festival of the year. On this day it is customary for Christians to bring to church a loaf made from the new crop in much the same way that Odinists will leave bread and fruit offerings at their shrines. The nations constitution states "8.2 - The only religion recognised by the state is Odinism. Other religions may practice but must do so in private at a private residence. No religious symbols other than those associated with Odinism may be visible in public. " and by handing out these crosses the group where in violation. The group where arrested and appeared in front of a judge where they were issued with the standard 2,000Kr fine. One of the group said they refused to pay and yelled out "This nation is denying the most basic of human rights to us and we must stand in this tyranny even if it means we become martyrs for Christ."

The judge therefore ordered the man to be remanded in custody and a hearing put in place for 48 hours time where he will face trial for "Crimes against the Constitution" and could face up to 12 months in prison and a fine of up to 100,000Kr. So far there are 11 Christians serving time in prison on these charges. A member of the National Prosecution Service stated, "We don't generally put people in prison for these crimes unless their are exceptional circumstances. For example one inmate is in for setting up a religious school dedicated to Judaism, the students were listed officially as being home schooled which is perfectly within a parents right, but this gentleman was charging the parents for teaching their children and his curriculum was not inline with national standards but instead was faith based. Another inmate is in for their third offence which included cutting mistletoe at a sacred grove. Christians are free to believe their faith, they just however must keep it private. Our nation has witnessed others around the world losing their traditions, culture and way of life by becoming multi-cultural, we shall preserve ours by maintaining the strength of our faith."

The Head Gothi also confirmed today that he will not be signing the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights. Stein Ulfsson stated, "By signing we turn our back on our constitution. We've seen how Christianity has tried to encroach on our faith throughout history. Our homeland is the last bastion in keeping the Odinist faith pure we shall fight that battle with all our might." The Head Gothi spent Freyfaxi at the Shrine of Freya in Krokom before attending an Odinic Rite Centre to help distribute gifts of food to those gathered. As usual the square outside the Gothi's residence turned into a party as revellers sang songs and shared picnics.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:14:38 PM by KrisNord »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 07:35:59 PM »

]

WHALE HUNT GOES UNDER THE RADAR

This years annual whale hunt for the villages of Mikberg, Spitwald and Grundwald has taken place without interference from animal rights protestors or foreign governments. It was kept rather low key this year as part of a media strategy suggested by former CTO Secretary General Birgit Strand. "In the past we have seen much international interest as we have announced guest Grand Marshalls and the like, however this year we asked all three settlements to keep the event more low key and local while the government even kept the quotas for the year from the media as a way of making it a non-story. With nations such as Rokkenjima having strict views of the life of animals, particularly things like Whales we hoped to avoid a repeat of when the CTO attempted to invade our sovreignty by allowing liberal snowflakes to protest our customs in our own lands."

The hunt has proven controversial internationally in the past with many nations including Rokkenjima whom have a " 'Declaration of Rights' for Cetaceans and Elephants" which states
1.Every individual cetacean has the right to life.
2. No cetacean or elephant should be held in captivity or servitude; be subject to cruel treatment; or be removed from their natural environment.
3. All cetaceans and elephants have the right to freedom of movement and residence within their natural environment.
4. No cetacean or elephant is the property of any State, corporation, human group or individual.
5. Cetaceans and elephants have the right to the protection of their natural environment.
6. Cetaceans and elephants have the right not to be subject to the disruption of their cultures.
7. The rights, freedoms and norms set forth in this Declaration should be protected under international and domestic law.

The hunt has also been targetted by supporters of Matilda Osman, Patron of the Wild Mundus Organisation who helped encourage one vessel full of Morelanders to protest the hunt four years ago. These were arrested and served 60 days in prison for disruption of the hunt and various unsafe environmental and safe shipping laws. This year around 320 pilot whales were taken between the three settlements. The meat is distributed between the residents of the three settlements and is aimed at supporting the community through the winters to come in regard to food supplies. One of the whalers in Mikberg explained, "Traditionally our diets are whatever we grown before the harvest and then what we gain from the sea. We've recently celebrated  Freyfaxi and laid up for the winter our crops, what is needed though is Protein and that would normally come from fish however the seas often freeze or are too rough for us to go out and catch enough fish. Whale meat is a healthy alternative that preserves brilliantly and so is the perfect solution."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2018, 10:09:35 PM »

]

YOUNG TRAINEE DOCTOR TO BUILD MOBILE HEALTH CENTRE IN ZIMALIA

21 year old Olivia Robertsson is still several years away from fulfilling her dream as qualifying as a doctor yet she has already seen as much action as most emergency room medics. First she was part of a small group that walked some 100km out of the disaster zone when the Uppsala catastrophie took place, the then 18 year old was named by the others as leading the group and providing life saving medical care when the group were attacked by the terrorist group known as the Gungnir. Following that she voulenteered for JET service during her breaks at University and has seen deployment with the humanitarian aid organisation to Zimalia and then again in Uppsala. During the chemical leak in Uppsala she was given an award for bravery after refusing the leave the area despite being injured due to chemical exposure. The Merit of the Valkriyes was awarded along with a $20,000 grant for her to put towards future projects. That money is now being spent as Robertsson plans her next adventure.

"I'm buying an old army truck from the Zimalians, filling it with as many medical supplies as possible and then heading out around the rural areas. I've a friend from my Emergency Hospital placement coming, he will be helping treat as many patients as we can, another friend is a nurse and will be offering health care advice and support. I'll do what I can but no being fully qualified yet can limit it, so I'll be loading up some educational resources and helping educate people in remote villages about AIDS and HIV. I hope we can make a difference, it won't be on the scale of JET or GCI but at least we feel like we're doing something important."

Once word got out of her holiday plans IFK Krokom players have each said they are donating a days wages each to the youngster. It may not sound a massive donation but with players such as international star Kristopher Godberg earning $70,000 a week that amounts to a lot of extra money. Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson has also agreed to give $20,000 from the Odinic Order to help her and said, "We already know Olivia is an outstanding young girl, she is a role model not just for Ålanders but for every youngster on Mundus. I wish her and her friends all the best of their Zimalian adventure and may the blessings of Odin go with her."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2018, 03:42:36 PM »

]

ODINIC COUNCIL CONFIRM HEAD GOTHI'S NEW NOBILITY PLAN

The Odinic Council today confirmed the creation of a series of noble titles for Nya Åland. The nations parliament voted 374-101 to introduce the new titles and granting the Head Gothi power to name them. The new act known as the Nobility Act (2018) will reintroduce titles such as Jarl for the first time since the 18th Century. While some say it may be a throw back to the old days of aristocracy this was dismissed by Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson who waited in person outside the Council chamber as the votes were cast. The constitution dictates the Head Gothi may not enter the Council chamber unless it is a feast day. As the announcement was made Ulfsson explained the new system. "Any of the old nobility thinking they will get their land and titles back is fooling themselves. The Odinist faith talks about ensuring role models in society are elevated, sadly we live in a day where reality TV stars fornicating on sunny beaches dominate the airwaves. Women are judged on their instagram accounts rather than their contribution to society. This needs to end and therefore elevating those of great example to nobility shows society the good examples they should follow."

The new system will see 25 Jarldoms made across the nation with each being allocated an individual nominated by Ulfsson. The titles will be of "limited heriditary" meaning that when it is granted it may be given simply for life or for up to five generations depening on the person. In addition each Jarldom will be split into 25 holdings known as Thanes which will be a title held for life. Ulfsson explained the system, "Some Ålanders have done such great deeds the Gods will be willing to bless their descendants and as such it is only right their title be passed on, but at some point you must stop living on past glories and make your own and so we shall limit this. Additionally they will not be granted any special land holding rights, it shall be a ceremonial title and as far as possible we shall seek to place people as Jarl or Thane in an area they have a connection too."

Some people where concerned about people seeing appointments as unwanted by people in the local community but as Ulfsson explained this will be taken care of, "The new law allows the Odinic Order members of any Jarl or Thanes area to dismiss them. Should 10% of the members sign a petition a referendum of that areas membership shall be carried out to either strip the title or confirm the selection."

Just an hour after the new Act was passed the Head Gothi named the first two Jarls. Dr. Ragnar Momssen, the head of the Longboat 3 space programme was named Jarl of Uppsala while Birgit Strand was named the Jarl for Krokom. Dr.Momssen was given the title for, "Dedication to the most impressive piece of space engineering Mundus has ever seen and inspiring a whole generation of future scientists to push the boundaries of what is possible." He was responsible for the design and monitoring of the Longboat 3[1] probe which outlasted its estimated life expectancy by almost a decade. Meanwhile Strand was give her title for, "Devotion to her people and to good causes across Mundus as well as managing the negotiations which saw Nya Åland split on good terms with the Union of Nordic People before once more peacefully uniting the Nords into one nation." The 46 year old, who is the nations current Foreign Minister, was previously Foreign Minister of the UNP while Åland was still a province, during the independence negotiations it was Strand who acted as mediator being a UNP citizen by birth but having grown up in Krokom. She also served as Secretary General of the Commonwealth Treaty Organisation creating both the Mundus Health Organisation and Refugee Councils. Dr.Momssen's title is for the duration of his life while Strands will be passed on to her next of kin.

Dr.Momssen was said to be "Deeply honoured to be thought of in this way by the people of my homeland". Meanwhile Foreign Minister Strand said, "While I am thankful to the Head Gothi, and shall do my best to be a good Jarl, I believe their are many Ålanders out there who deserve this more than me. The brave men who helped liberate Marseille from the Soriority of Materna for one, each of those are true Viking Thanes in the tradition of our people in my eyes."
 1. TIO's Cassini

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »

]

NATION CELEBRATE YULE

The nation came to a stop today to celebrate Yule. Across the country large firelight parades took place including in the capital Krokom where local members of the Odinic Order dressed in medieval costume to lead the parade. It was estimated somewhere in the region of 200,000 people lined the parade route making it one of the largest in the history of the nation since independence. In Uppsala a similar parade took place, the first since the reunification of the ancestoral Nordic lands.

The Parade in Krokom was addressed by the Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson who carried out the ritual sacrifice of a bull. "As the darkness engulfs Mundus we ignite our torches to light the way into the future. We in Nya Åland have over the last 18 months rebuilt much of our nation. The great disaster that hit Uppsala, followed so quickly after by the chemical leak that cost thousands their lives and then finally the death of our beloved first Head Gothi Daniel Stenberg. These disasters would have seen many people give up and the nation collapse but that has not happened here. We have strived to maintain our position in the world. We have tried to be active members of Albion, we have forged a connection with the Alucard Island nations and we strecthed a hand of protective friendship to Zimalia. It is my understanding that Emperor Benson of Paracambi is soon to announce his own forces shall return to their home after our joint deployments there when Zimalia was threatened by Rokkenjima. I will today announce that with their mission of supporting Zimalia a success our forces will be home for the end of Yule. On the 12th January when the final sacrifice of Yule takes place Squadon Leader Laursen who commanded our fighter squadron in Zimalia will perform it having returned along with his comrades. However the number of Nords in Zimalia will be increasing. We have seen young trainee doctors leading the world in efforts to support Zimalia through their growing HIV/AIDS crisis and while Tamora may have supported Zimalia financially it is us Ålanders who will help them medically. We shall today begin the Olivia Project, named after the young doctor who risked her life twice to save her fellow Ålanders during the crisis's in Uppsala. When rewarded financially for her bravery she used it to estasblish a mobile health unit in Zimalia and provide public health education. We now shall commit $500,000 to continue her work, in addition all funds donated to the Odinic Order during Yule shall go to create this AIDS/HIV education group. We shall in the coming days be announcing other measures that shall be our torches in the darkness."

Young doctor Oliva Robertsson who is in the 3rd year of her medical degree was in her hometown of Greenberg during the celebration and was said to be "shocked but delighted" at the announcement. Later that evening she took to Facebook to say "I'm honoured to have my name associated with this project. AIDS/HIV is a disease we really should be beating but a lack of education and resources mean that its getting wildly out of hands in some regions. To now think they'll be something done to support people will be incredible. I'm already looking forward to returning to Zimalia and seeing how my mobile centre is going on." The medic is also topping a poll to name a Thane under the age of 30 in the nations new order of nobility. Head Gothi Ulfsson started the poll saying, "Nobility is not defined by age, we must have nobles of all ages and genders so the nation should pick us two Thanes of Youth."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 07:15:41 PM »

]

LONGBOAT TWO KEEPS ON GOING

Two years ago Longboat Two passed the last planet in our solar system having flown by most celestial bodies on its way out into deep space. After almost a year of silence a signal was received today after Longboat Two encounted a large body in what is known as the Kuiper Belt, a region on the edge of the solar system where small lumps of rock which astrologers believe were the initial building blocks of the solar system. The temperatures are so low that all chemical processes will have stalled and the small size of the rocks mean little geological processes have occured since the birth of the solar system. It was expected Longboat Two would encounter something in this belt but would not for certain be able to contact home. A message appeared early this morning in the Joint Nordic Space Programme centre in Krokom confirming that the probe would conduct a flyby of an object. The messages took close to seven hours to reach Krokom and so the probe was essentially left to automatically manage the flyby.

Dr. Jonas Gustafsson, one of the Longboat staff was onhand when the first data was received. "It's fantastic, we've just got a photo from 6.5bn km (4bn miles) away, and while this is amazing we now have to enhance and review it. We also have the first image, an image from the probes approach over the rocks surface, we know we have a full transmitter of data and the problem is its done at such a slow rate we won't have everything until around September 2020. A project that we left to float around the Universe is still going strong, what with that and the Longboat Three (Cassini) we are proud of what our nations legacy on space exploration is. These images are the ones from furthest away from our planet ever received and perhaps not the last Longboat Two can send us."

It is expected to take around eight years for Longboat Two to exit the Kuiper Belt and should Longboat Two come across other celestial bodies it will conduct flybys of them too. It is expected that the probe will be able to still send images until 2030 and then data from its various instruments until 2038.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 08:40:02 AM »

]

LHC TO GO SUPERSIZED

It was announced today that the nations scientific jewel in the crown, the Large Hadron Collider, is likely to become even bigger. Following several years of successful discoveries the team running the project have announced that they now plan to create a 100km long circular collider which will allow even greater discoveries. The project is expected to come online sometime in the early 2040's and will cost a total of around $30billion. The news was meet with dismay by some of the public who branded it a "unnecessary luxury" this however was downplayed by leading scientist Magnus Robertsson who said, "Yes the $30billion sound a huge sum of money, that's because it is, but remember we are talking about a project that if it goes according to our worst case plan would be active until at least 2080, that gives us 70 years or so of use, less than £500million a year to help us unravel the secrets of the Universe." The project will also include the construction of a small post-graduate college complex, a visitors centre and conference facilities. Additionally it is believed that the 100km long circular tunnel will be able to also house various other accelerators that will help provide data to the scientific community. Robertsson explained, "A tunnel of this proportion means that teams around the world seeking places to house their own, smaller, less complex accelerators and linear projects could have a home. This would obviously help with the cost of the project. Additionally we have already received money from various private individuals who are keen to support the sciences."

The current Large Hadron Collider is expected to continue until the early 2040's and is currently running experiments investigating the formation and destruction of dark matter.

]

ODINSSON TO STAND DOWN AS PARTY LEADER

The Odinic Rite's Jin Odinsson has announced today that he intends to stand down as his parties leader. WIth elections coming later this year the 45 year old Toshikawan born Allsherjargoði has said that "it is time for a fresh hand on the rudder." The former journalist made his announcement at a political fundraiser. "I have served first the Union of Nordic People and then Nya Åland during some very challenging times. I was present when my dear friend Petter Knutsson was assassinated while we negotiated the first MCUR, I celebrated the night Nya Åland became an independent nation while simultanously mourning the fact we were leaving our brothers and sisters of the UNP behind, I served Daniel Stenberg as part of the Triumpherate when our nation faced crisis after crisis and we ordered our troops to help liberate the people of Marseille and I watched as out of the ashes of the greatest humanitarian crisis Mundus has ever seen we rose once again, one nation of Nords stronger than before. I feel I have seen and witnessed enough to fill multiple political careers and that I have little left to offer. The Odinic Rite requires strong leadership and I believe that there are those out there stronger and more willing than me to direct us towards the future. We have a new Head Gothi just a year into their term and I think with elections coming up it makes sense that the Allsherjargoði is someone new too. I know in the coming weeks new leaders will step forward and present their ideas for taking our party, and our nation onto future successes and I wish whoever gains the position well."

Jin Odinsson's father was a blacksmith in Toshikawa who began working alongside a Nord colleague who was also a Gothi. Three years before the Allsherjargoði was born his father converted to Odinism and Jin was brought up as an Odinist by his parents along with his younger brother Zao. The family moved to Krokom when Jin was five years old and the journalist graduated from Uppsala University. He worked as a sports reporter before entering politics at the age of 30 where he rapidly moved through the ranks of the UNP's Nordic Alliance Party before joining the Odinic Rite as one of its founders in Nya Åland. He had served as junior foreign minister in the Union of Nordic People before being made Foreign Minister by his political mentor Petter Knutsson. He later served as Deputy Head of Longhouse under Willa Sunbrek.

The Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson said "Jin may look among the least Nordic of anyone in Nya Åland but he has shown time and time again that he loves this nation and its people. There can never be a doubt that Jin is a patriot and that his life has been dedicated to ensuring his homeland, because this is truly his home, prospers. To drag yourself out of an exploding hotel, know that your friend has died and still drag yourself into a conference the next morning just so you can show terrorists they shall not win, that is a warriors heart and the nation should applaud him for everything he has done. I shall miss working with Jin and I wish him a long and happy retirement, I suspect however knowing Jin that he will not be sitting at home musing on his past glories. He is a man of action and dedication and I suspect before long we will see him do yet more great deeds."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 10:49:38 PM »

]

NEW ODINIC RITE LEADER ELECTED

Cathrine Nyström yesterday was announced as the leader in waiting of the Odinic Rite Party. With Jin Odinsson having announced his intension to stand down before the elections in mid April the party held leadership elections which saw Nyström win after two rounds of voting where she eventually claimed 62% of the vote. The 44 year old has served as the parties educational spokesperson for the last two years and has been instrumental in bringing about several educational reforms. It is highly likely that in the upcoming elections the Odinic Rite will retain its majority and Cathrine Nyström will become the nations first female Allsherjargoði. She has already named Katrin Björk as her deputy reviving a tradition of a young politician shadowing the top position. Nyström explained the decision saying. "We've seen it time and time again in our nation. Sunbrek is one of the Nord's greatest political figures and she was one of two proteges of Peter Knutsson, the other being Jin. Willa was 27 years of age when she was named one of his deputies and she went on to negotiate peace between the USR and Rokkenjima, halt issues with the Traansvaal as well as help author the Uppsala Convention. It is therefore fitting this tradition of elevating young politicians to posts of responsibility is continued as we are a nation that values tradition."

With the elections on the horizon Nyström took the time to outline her positions on key policies, "I share many of the beliefs of Jin, after all we helped found this party. What I view as the future for our nation is reinforcing our armed neutrality. Our military has taken a back seat in recent years, the crisis of Uppsala dominating our national agenda. We must now ensure our naval heritage is restored and that all understand a devotion to nation is needed. If we retain the majority then we shall restore the warrior pride our ancestors had. National service will be reintroduced and our dockyards fired up to maximum capacity. We shall open our borders to all who worship Odin and create a nation dedicated to the service of the All Father. Our government will repay the support shown to us by the handful of nations who responded to the Krokom disaster by doing more than ever to support JET and various other organisations, however we shall not be held a slave to ineffective and unneccessary international legislation. The MCUR is something that shall remain the backbone of nations who believe a piece of paper is the definer of rights rather than their humanity. We have no need of such a document as we have the Eight Noble Virtues which guide us. I know this stance is likely to make us unpopular with many of the more left leaning liberal nations that dominate Mundus current affairs but we shall not be held to ransom by them. A collective sense of purpose dedicated to the nation and its Gods is in our view a far better way of running a country than trying to create a nation that panders to all, making all weaker in the process."

It is expected that Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson will announce the exact date of the elections within the next week or so. He did however send his congratulations to the new leader of the Odinic Rite saying, "Mrs.Nyström is a woman who has served us well in many capacities over the years. I have no doubt if elected she would serve the nation well and I look forward to working with her as I do all our nations political leaders."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 11:09:13 PM by KrisNord »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 10:24:41 PM »

]

WILD MUNDUS ORGANISATION DRONE CAPTURES "WHALE FARM"

Following rumours over a period of a few months activists from the Wild Mundus Organisation have discovered what is being called a "Whale Farm" near the villages of Mikberg and Spitwald. The two villages along with Grundswald are the location for a large annual whale hunt that has several times earned condemnation from members of the international community. The latest discovery comes after some activists had visited the area ahead of the annual determination of the quota of whales to be made. Each year assessors from the Ministry of Farms and Fishing visit the area and work out how much whale meat must be harvested to see the three isolated communities fed through the winter. One activist, 25 year old Marine Biologist Thomas Sunderveld explained "We believe that over the years people have inflated the quotas. While we wish to see no whales killed for meat it is obvious we will not halt this practice overnight. We must then make certain the limits are as low as we can and if possible cast doubt over the need for the hunt at all." During their visit Sunderveld discovered what the team believe was a series of enclosed pens containing Beluga Whales. "We spotted around eight pens, about ten whales in each clearly confined and cut off from the ocean they need to be in." The team borrowed a small commercially avaliable drone and shot footage of the farm until workers spotted the recording device and began throwing equipment at it.

Åland based members of the WMO attempted to gain access to the farm by land but were halted at the perimeter of the private property. It was later discovered that the land was purchased by Teraval Fisheries, one of the nations largest fishing companies, three months ago. A spokesman for the company refused to confirm that whales were being kept in confinement instead saying, "The area is being used for a fish farm to enable the Alucard to be used sustainably" and that the facility "complies with all national laws regarding fisheries and farming."

Mr.Sunderveld however explained that the group will be seeking a warrant for police to inspect the farm. "It is highly probable based on our gathered footage that the whales are Belugas, kept in poor conditions, not enough room to move around and we can see ice forming on the pools they are kept in. Belugas in the wild swim 50km or so in a day which helps them keep warm. Here they can only swim in circles and the water looks to be less than perfect for them. We also have concerns over how they are being fed. It is our firm belief these whales, which are normally not part of the annual inhumane hunt, are being kept for food to circumvent what we hope will be a low quota this year."

The Minister for Farms and Fishing were contacted for a statement however at time of going to press they have yet to respond.