Author Topic: A Letter to MICA  (Read 1777 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
A Letter to MICA
« on: August 27, 2020, 09:56:00 PM »
OOC - Didn't want to bog the relevant event thread down in terms of letters ping pong

To: The Membership of MICA

As you will all undoubtedly be aware recent reports in the East Moreland press have given rise to information that the terrorist group known as the Borland Separatists are making use of a human trafficking network and that the network involves journey's from across Mundus. Reports from Hassfurt have suggested the possibility of 131 cases being potentially related to this in some way, East Moreland has also reported previous cases involving Toshikawan's and Nueva Ardian's. To that I can add that I have been informed that there are some 100 known cases relating to the Faejeon people of the island of Awhaele, we are presently lacking details of this due to the previous Awhaele government's corruption and apparent preference for not keeping detailed records.

In addition I write to inform the membership of MICA in advance of the action intended to be undertaken by the Achkaerinese military in response to this crisis. Acting within the provisions of article 110 of the Fair Seas Concordat Achkaerinese vessels will enforce their right of visit on vessels journeying to Zimalia, we act on the basis that human trafficking is defined as involving things within the boundaries of slavery. Achkaerin has a strong history of cooperation with many MICA members and I hope to see such cooperation continue in this instance.

In friendship and cooperation

Emperor Peter Azurewind