Author Topic: Sovereign Union of Nations:- Order of Business 1 - Spacey Stuff  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia
Sovereign Union of Nations:- Order of Business 1 - Spacey Stuff
« on: January 27, 2021, 09:56:00 AM »
TTHE ASSEMBLY OF SOVEREIGN NATIONS (ASN) FLOOR

Cassiopiean representative stands.

"Fellow representatives I have been asked to relay a request and a proposal on behalf of my Realms government. The Cassiopeians recognise in the heavens the constilations which many keep the names of Gods or people from our mythology. As such this has created a fascination with space and the cosmos. As of now no one from our nation though has ever entered space and we have relied on other nations for matters such as satellite launches and similar things. We are currently in talks with East Moreland to piggy back an astronaut from our nation into space on their space programmes back however in the long term we would like to be reliant on ourselves. We are therefore proposing that perhaps we as a group of four nations should examine the possibility, desire and feasibility of establishing or combining efforts to allow us to carry out things such as exploration and satellite launches ourselves. First I would like to hear if other members have an interest in doing such a thing and then if so perhaps look at a method to help us achieve this. I look forward to your opinions." 

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
Re: Sovereign Union of Nations:- Order of Business 1 - Spacey Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 09:34:00 PM »
"Economically Paracambi are not in a situation where space exploration is a priority. We however wouldn't rule out making contributions to projects on a case by case basis. If the proposal is to establish a S.U.N. Space Agency then we are opposed as we do not think applying part of our national budget towards such an agency is in our best interests. If however we are talking about one of us proposing a joint mission, experiment or launch and then the others contributing to that then we would be interested in certain projects. TUNA have looked at some satellite launches for monitoring the Alucard for example and we supported that. At the moment though we wouldn't say putting a Paracambian into space is on our agenda, to our people things like the seas are of greater interest than the solar system. I therefore await the proposal on what our friends in Cassiopeia suggest."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 09:35:21 PM »
"Space is something we'd be interested in accessing so we'd be happy to look at proposals. We would probably draw the line at a S.U.N agency as we would want our funds to go to our priorities. I think perhaps though a system where we can join our efforts together. For example if Drenovia was putting a communications satellite into orbit we could look at a joint launch with other nations saving both of us money."

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 06:42:01 PM »
"I'm afraid that Chistopol will not support the formation of a joint SUN space agency. We're a nation currently investing heavily in improving our nation here on Mundus. It would not look right to our people if we start looking at space and beyond. We would though not rule out a mission by mission approach if we saw it as something that could benefit our people in the here and now. We however will also not stand in the way of other members if they wanted to create a organisation as a non-compulsory element of SUN."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 08:15:38 PM »
"Having heard from each nations representative I propose the following"

Quote from: Proposal from the Assembly

Following discussions within the Assembly the members of the Sovereign Union of Nations have come to the following agreement on the matter of Space Exploration and Study.

1. The organisation shall employ an individual as a Space Liaison Officer.

2. Members of the organisation are free to pursue efforts in space exploration individually and collectively with both members and non-members of this organisation.

3. There shall be the expectation that prior to the beginning of any project the Space Liaison Officer is informed of the project.

4. The duties of the Space Liaison Officer are as follows

i) Collate and publish a schedule of S.U.N members space based activities
ii) Inform each nation of upcoming missions by members
iii) To keep members informed of known operations from non-member nations
iv) To seek out opportunities for member nations to work collaboratively.
v) To mediate between members nations to ensure no operations clash and thus potentially damage each others missions.

5. As far as is reasonably practical and secure member nations agree to share data from their space operations.

6. Member nations agree that should they be required they shall open their airspace facilities to assist in emergency situations.

"I look forward to your input"

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 10:38:46 PM »
"I think the majority of the proposal is sound. I would though like to see something done to ensure none of us is expected or forced to share information of a sensitive nature with the world. As a result I would like to see Article 5 changed."

Current text:- "5. As far as is reasonably practical and secure member nations agree to share data from their space operations."

Proposed text:- "5. As far as is reasonably practical and secure member nations agree to share data from their space operations so long as doing so does not impact their own national security or future projects."

"Should that change be made we would fully support this approach and the creation of the new role."

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 09:42:29 PM »
"We are also concerned about the issue our friend in Chistopol has brought up and believe that their proposal would solve the issue. We would support the proposal in the format once amended."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 07:58:06 PM »
"Paracambi supports the proposal as it permits us to not be involved however leaves the door open should our situation change in the years ahead.  We support the amendment and we wish those of you heading for the stars the best of luck. We'll be watching with interest."