Author Topic: A letter to Izhitsa  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Kemerovo

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Kemerovo
A letter to Izhitsa
« on: February 09, 2021, 08:53:56 AM »

To:- The government of Izhitsa

We are concerned about some misunderstandings in your governments recent press release.

Our current conflict with Topri was never about conquest or self-determination, it was about justice and security for my people. In 1876 the nations of Parbhani and Topri signed the agreement to divide the valley where the The Mamroda River flows. This long disputed territory had seen several conflicts over the centuries and this treaty reduced that greatly with only occasional flashpoints caused by misunderstandings which were quickly resolved. This agreement has held until 2016 when the King of Topri announced his desire to build a hydro-electric dam on the river, thus harming the lives of millions of Parbhani citizens who rely on the river for their agriculture. The terms of the treaty called for any commerce beyond agriculture and fishing on the river to be agreed by both sides and yet a year later construction of the dam began despite no consent being given by myself. Keen to resolve the issue peacefully I travelled in person to Topri to discuss the issue only to be the victim of an attempted assassination on route home. Thankfully members of my own military rescued me and the two prisoners taken were discovered to be serving members of the Topri military. Following their trial and execution Topri permitted its citizens to storm the Parbhani embassy and burn effigies of me and my wives. With my embassy staff in hiding in Topri their King refused to help us find them and thus I was left with no choice but to send my special forces in to exfiltrate them. At 5:30 am on the 24th January 2018 a series of air strikes on our border posts began followed by an invasion into the Mamroda Valley by Topri. We repulsed that and naturally counter attacked as there is a long list of damages done to our nation. These threats can not be permitted to continue and so we are taking action to protect our citizens.

To describe this as a "conquest" is insulting. We have offered terms for the ending which do not absorb Topri into our Empire and just ensure the Mamroda River is no longer used as a threat to our nation. None of our requests are punative. We seek fair compensation for the lives of worshippers at a Temple murdered by Topri's Armed Forces, we seek security for our farmers and by having our two royal families inter-marry it would make us family thus make future conflict less likely. Among every part of our advance we have halted to allow civilians to flee the area and offered humanitarian help if required. These are not the actions of a nation hell bent on destruction.

While we are delighted to hear of your offer to help with mediation we do not feel your nation is truly able to be a neutral nation. You are currently in a situation where troops from Achkaerin are in place, a nation that has taken hostile action against us by sending aircraft carriers to our region to "monitor" us, acts that can only take place by invading our own territory. We are now further concerned that you have offered your own waters to Achkaerin and effectively encouraged them to spy on us. In the over 600 years of the existance of our Empire, and then countless more centuries Parbhani has existed we have never cast our eyes North to your territory and nor do we have reason to. We have lived side by side, often as silent neighbours, in peace. We therefore do not see why all of a sudden we are deemed a threat for merely protecting ourselves.

We therefore formally request that you do not permit any Achkaerin, nor other nations, Naval vessels operating in your waters to use electronic or other "Monitoring" devices towards our nation. We further request that no forces from Achkaerin are permitted along your border that we share. We are slightly dismayed that you would make this offer despite them not even having the grace to inform you of the deployment while utilising you as an excuse.

We hope this puts your mind at ease. Once our current conflict is concluded I hope we may have a chance to sit and discuss repairing the damage other nations have done to the trust between us.

Best Regards
Maharajadhiraja Krishnaraja III

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 09:25:03 AM by Parbhani »