Author Topic: Auroran News Network // ANN  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Aurora

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aurora
Auroran News Network // ANN
« on: September 12, 2017, 11:07:34 PM »

// Crown Prince William Volukunov to undertake Royal Progress // New Mining Projects in The Gemstone Isles reporting record profits // 6 Killed in Train Derailment near Hidar // New Takorran Leadership raises Tariffs on Wahlsh goods //

Offline Aurora

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aurora
Re: Auroran News Network // ANN
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:41:26 PM »
Crown Prince William to Make Royal Progress
By: Johnson Foster

Zewa, Aurora - Today the streets of Zewa were overflowing with cheering commoners, as today marks the beginning of Crown Prince William's Royal Progress. Having turned 17 on the 1st of this month, the Crown Prince surprised the nation when he announced his intentions to undertake a Royal Progress, a tradition neglected following the ascension of King Viktor I 'the Conqueror' to the Radiant Throne in 1816. When asked why he intended to revive this forgotten tradition, the Crown Prince is quoted to have said "I wish to know my future people personally, to better understand the Kingdom I will one day rule". While similar to Queen Annalise's visits to New Takorra and Zwitelgiest following their liberation, Crown Prince William has said he intends to visit all major cities and lands of the Kingdom, both new and old.

News of this Progress has been met with widespread praise; Crown Prince William already has the love of the Commonfolk due to his friendly nature and charity work, and many common citizens are thrilled at the prospect of meeting or seeing their future King. For the nobility, the death of the beloved Princess Eliza and Queen Annalise's marriage to minor nobility caused some to worry that the government in Zewa was neglecting them, a problem compounded by Queen Annalise granting the Grand Duchy of Vipura to Viktor Albrecht. For them, Crown Prince William's travels will represent a new olive branch between the Crown and the Nobility.

When asked, Crown Prince William seemed interested, if reluctant, to comment on recent Wahlsh proposals for compromises in The Radiant Sea. When asked if he would support a treaty between the two, all Crown Prince William would say is "While I am always interested in cooperation and peace between Aurora and her neighbors, it is a decision that my mother, Queen Annalise shall make. She has always put the interests and well being of Aurora first, and I trust her to come to a beneficial deal with the Wahlsh Government".