Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

A War within a war (Borland Spat -Open RP)

<< < (2/2)

DaveIronside:
The widow of Kyle Barren received the message and instantly wanted to throw it in the bin. The Rokkenjiman's, just like every other Helus-forsaken nation on Mundus could have easily brought her beloved Kingdom into existence but instead they had played the Morelanders game and branded her and her people as terrorists and criminals. She had no idea about what to respond with, at first she had considered ignoring it, then she wanted to spit venom at Lucinda, finally she went to see Giles Gedding.

"What was Kyle thinking" Giles said after reading the note, "Letting Rokkenjiman intelligence or whatever she is into the centre of Borland operations. We can't trust a word these Rokkenjimans say, they're not our way out of this and infact its clear they much prefer things in Northfort the way they are. I do not want you replying, I'll take care of this." Giles said as he slid the letter into his desk drawer. Beatrice was more than happy to allow that to happen, she just wanted to fade into the background now and watch after her sons interests and inheritance.

The next day Giles figured out a response.

"Lucinda. You'll know only too well we lived our lives together dedicating ourselves to trying to do right by the Borland Folk. We expanded that folk far beyond what people would imagine in our homeland. To have the person you love gunned down by criminals pretending to be heroes breaks my heart and I know I will never truly recover. You can be assured we will not forget him and his legacy will be built upon by generation after generation unready to be slaves to the illegitimate regime. For now my focus is on our son, the true King of Northfort. I hope that perhaps one day our paths, and his may cross on better terms."

Giles, had left instructions to his subordinate that he expected to be followed to the letter. The subordinate in this case was his nephew, Riley Meadows, a man in his mid twenties who was well versed as one of Giles' legitimate businesses "White Knight" hackers, testing cyber security for a fee. Today though he was up to no good. For the past few years under Giles instruction the group had run a neferious website known as the Valerian Bazaar on the Darknet. The concept was easy, sellers signed up and created digital wallets and utilised the sites "auto-encrypt" functions. Once a buyer had ordered their drugs, contraband, weapons or other nefarious items the buyer transferred digital currency from their regular wallet, to a Valerian one, then to the seller and then days later their goods turned up wherever they'd wanted them. The seller could then move their currency from their Valerian wallet to their digital one and then if they wanted into their bank account. Several tens of millions usually sat in these Valerian wallets any single time as sellers became buyers and vice versa. Today they were in for a nasty shock. No sooner would they have logged into their account to do business than a message appeared telling them the site was shut forever and that their Valerian Wallets were now the property of the Bazaar. While this loss of funds would be bad for most of the people using it the next message was even worse. It appeared the "auto-encrypt" hadn't exactly functioned the way people thought, nor had the feature of deleting personal messages after 72 hours. Every transaction, every transfer had been saved and while the exact identities would likely never be fully known there was a significant amount of data that would be interest to authorities. There was of course a way of the user avoiding this, a simple one of payment could be made ensuring your data never found its way online. Failure to make this payment, determined by how much money you'd transferred, would see everything leaked. "You have 7 days" was the final message before the site plunged the users screen into nothingness.

Beatrice:
Lucinda would chuckle at the emotionless response, clearly her message was interdicted in transit. She thought for a moment, she could end it here or continue it and, while the Lucinda of years before would wisely see to end it, she decided to respond.

"I don't know who you are, but you're not Beatrice," Lucinda started, considering her next words, "and maybe my own Beatrice is not even my Beatrice anymore; I saw them there, her, and Alex, celebrating the death of Kyle and I felt a sickness in my heart, and it was directed towards them, as death is never something to be celebrated. I destroyed the TV they had been so joyfully cheering at moments prior with a swift punch to the screen. I'll only say that I feel as though I saw the real Kyle, and I can say without reservation that he was a caring soul, someone whose soul would weigh less than a single strand of hair torn from Sehkma's head, in respect to your own faith I can only believe he's in a better place and I'll hope that is fact. I'll mourn his loss as I have those of my countrywomen and men, and will carry his memory into the future with me and, perhaps, there's truly nothing to fix, maybe he actually fixed me in the end of our story together. Perhaps he healed me and for that, I'll truly live and each day that follows and I will thank him for that gift. I don't care if this ever reaches Beatrice anymore, do what you will with my message, I was but one officer of the premier intelligence agency of Rokkenjima at the time; I held no influence over official policy, but I had my orders to follow, one guiding objective: to save Asuna."

"And he saved her," her message paused, "and I'll always respect Kyle for protecting those most precious to me, and I'll mourn him as I would a fallen comrade just as I will celebrate just how he unlocked my heart to feel, and to embrace feeling, well, feelings. I didn't know who to reach out to so I sought out Beatrice but, whoever you are, relay to her that I will cherish memories of our dinner, the charming face of Baxter, and the dedication of Kyle to protect his people first, not his own life, when we came under attack during that dinner, for the rest of my life. Damn your ascription to my feelings, they're worthless compared to the memories I share with Kyle and I'll be damned if you seek to belittle them with your emotionless response. That's all, it's all I have the heart to say, bye."

She then tossed the burner phone into the fire and giggled as the lithium-ion battery exploded, a scene she'd seen play out so many times before. As she did she looked to the stars, fixating on a cluster of stars that she did not recognize, yet recognizing their beauty. "I'll call this constellation Kyle, shine on you crazy diamond," she finished with a smile.

Norgeras:
Rudolph was smiling seeing the borlanders little game, had they not raided that group in time, at least some of his people would have been caught with their pants down. He might have one or two Pawns that now needed sacrificing, though for now, he sent a message to the Morelanders via a Facebook group for retired veterans they kept an eye on:

"Hey, seems like someone is trying to scam me! You should look into where that money is being sent. I'll go back exterminating rats in my cellar."

Afterwards, he turned over to Apep, one of their new Tech Members:

"Find out where they release the data to. I want the whole dump and every name they expose. If they make themselves enemies, they made us friends that need vanishing."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version