Author Topic: Midaranye Institute of Religion - MIR (OOC)  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Midaranye Institute of Religion - MIR (OOC)
« on: February 23, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »
Here is the breakdown.

Since religion plays a major role in Midaranye, I thought it would be interesting to see the religious breakdown of the region.
Now it's obvious it's an work in progress.

Some things to consider or discuss:

1. Is Socram (the island) part of Midaranye?
2. Is Vanora part of Midaranye?
3. The numbers for RS need to be confirmed by Dave. I went with what I found in the factbook and assumed they are all Anahitaist (expect for a very small Manist population which he did confirm). Now it's obvious that will suffer changes since Helus Cultists have some 10% of the population if I am not mistaken.
4. I divided Vanora's Christian population equally between Orthodox and Catholic. Now obviously I have no authority to do that and it's just a place holder. I would appreciate if you can give me a breakdown of the branches of Christianity (+ numbers) present in Vanora.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Midaranye Institute of Religion - MIR (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 07:06:40 PM »
In relation to Socram that would I believe be up to Jaws as it's his nation.

Vanora I think would be possible but be aware that we would then have the question of whether Safraen is (as it's right next to Vanora) and whether we could say by extension whether Abydos is.

Obviously I won't speak to 3 because that's RS and needs Dave.

In terms of number 4 Vanora has a population of 8,748,920. 70% of that - 6,124,244 is down as Christian in relation to the specific denominations I would suggest the following as we have to try to account for the various denominations:

3,062,122 - Catholic (50%)
1,531,061 - Orthodox (25%)
918,636 - Methodist (15%)
244,969 - Baptist (4%)
122,484 - United Reformed Church (2%)
244,969 - Other (4%)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 09:13:40 AM »
Thanks for the breakdown, I also have replies from Dave and Major Jaws.

I am willing to include Safraen in Midaranye too. It's a small nation and doesn't change the equation much. But it's your call. Please be advised what if you (the people responsible of historical nations) decided it can be considered part of Midaranye then i will ask for a breakdown of Christianity there, too.
Btw, i have read the short description there I am am not sure if Safraen is still communist or not.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 12:13:27 PM »
The mighty CIS were victorious and so ended communism there. Today it'll be democratic. I'll sort the religion out this evening UK time

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 08:07:01 PM »
I have updated the stats to include Pramoria and also Phuerba's Manism minority since i see that's been added.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JoyGmSgeJk72_6rojB43nCgGOfBE69c_up9fp3FbHj4/edit#gid=0

Right now Midaranye is close to 450 million people. Manism has also surpassed the 160 mil mark and over a quarter of them live outside Tamora and less than 10% outside of the MidAranye region.
Almost 50% of Anahitaists (RS' native religion and the second most numerous religion of MidAnranye) live outside the borders of RS.

If you find any inaccuracies, please do tell.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
I guess I should change the name of the thread since I am expanding it now to also include economic data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JoyGmSgeJk72_6rojB43nCgGOfBE69c_up9fp3FbHj4/edit#gid=1455411432

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 09:18:51 PM »
Made the following changes to the religion stats:
-Moved Druze to others section since it was rahter small as percentage and only found in Tamora.
-Merged the various denominations of Christianity into one category since it was the only religion that had such a breakdown. This is way it's easier to see that Christianity is the third most numerous religion of MidAranyre, behind Manism and Anahitaism but higher than Islam.
- Added the stats for the Slavic Federation
- Added my estimates for Abuqiya since I have no confirmation for the player. So those stats are not confirmed and are mostly just placeholder.
- Updated the stats for Vanora.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JoyGmSgeJk72_6rojB43nCgGOfBE69c_up9fp3FbHj4/edit#gid=0

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 08:53:05 PM »
Made the following changes:

- religion in Midaranye has been updated with the latest changes for Socram, I still need to add Waddan and to update Abuqiya
- Manism around the world has been updated with changes for Parclinia (deleted),Socram, Waddan
- created a new sheet called "Languages of MidAranye" which tracks the languages of MidAranye and the use of Parthian in MidAranye. It's incomplete as I am waiting for answers from some players. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 10:22:57 PM »

- updated the religion stats with the latest population updates for Abuqiya though the breakdown is just a placeholder, updated religion stats for Waddan.
- updated the economic stats to include the latest changes in population in Socram and Abuqiya
- updated how many Clysperi speak Parthian

Obs:
1. I believe this is the largest population that MidAranye ever had: 583,436,000 which is about 17% of Mundus population. That is roughly what Africa,China or India have of the Earth's population. Since Slava Lavosk will soon be deleted it will likely be the highest amount ever for some time.
2. So far 55% of MidAranye's population speaks Parthian as either primary or secondary language. That is without any data from Abuqiya where it is likely a significant percentage and could drive the number closer to 60%. It also includes zero speakers of Parthian in Slava Lavosk, Abydos, Vanora and Safraen which is unlikely. That means Parthian will most likely be the lingua franca in MidAranye or at least in most of MidAranye.

The most recent breakdown of religion in MidAranye looks like this:

The data is of course here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JoyGmSgeJk72_6rojB43nCgGOfBE69c_up9fp3FbHj4/edit#gid=0

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 06:56:24 PM »

- updated the religion stats by adding Altromine and Pramoria and removing Socram, Abuqiya and Slava Lavosk
- updated the religion stats by adding Altromine and Pramoria and removing Socram, Abuqiya and Slava Lavosk
- updated how many Pramorians and Altromines speak Parthian. I need to confirm the data with Geo, I got the info based on Altromine's factbook but that might be only native speakers of Parthian.
- updated Manism around the world sheet.

Obs:
1. I believe MidAranye has a new record in terms of population 594,686,000 which is about 22% of Mundus population. That is roughly what North America, South America and Europe have combined of the Earth's population. Of course I made the assumption that Mundus population is 2.7 billion according to this sheet which is very outdated and doesn't consider the population in unclaimed provinces so take with a grain of salt.
2. The percentage of MidAranye's population that speaks Parthian as a primary or secondary language is now about 67% further solidifying its status as the de facto lingua franca of MidAranye.
3. The economy of MidAranye is now over 9.2 trillion USD (nominal)  or about half of that of the USA or two thirds of that of China. 
4. Manism now has about 230 million adherents from I could track.
5. Because of its similarities Kemetic Orthodoxy and Atenism are put together and not counted as separate religions.

The most recent breakdown of religion in MidAranye looks like this:

The data is of course here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JoyGmSgeJk72_6rojB43nCgGOfBE69c_up9fp3FbHj4/edit#gid=0

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 08:37:39 PM »
Just a small update. Geo confirmed that some 46% of the population of Altromine speaks Parthian at a "broken level or better" so that puts the total number of speakers of Parthian in MidAranye at almost 70% of the region's population.