Author Topic: Investment opportunity: the Haghighi Dam – Mega Project  (Read 4461 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Investment opportunity: the Haghighi Dam – Mega Project
« on: March 21, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
Investment opportunity: the Haghighi Dam – Mega Project

The picture is from a dam of similar size in Quintelia 

The Haghighi Dam is a planned 550 ft. (approx. 170 m) concrete gravity dam which will be built in the Tribal Union of Zimalia. The purpose of the dam is to produce hydroelectric power and to provide irrigation water. The project is led by a Tamoran consortium made of various Tamoran banks, as well as major Tamoran businesses.

The project at a glance:

Estimated cost: 5bln dinars ( USD)
Height:  550 ft. (approx. 170 m) 
Installed capacity: 6,800 MW
Estimated construction time: 5 years.
Estimated irrigation: 650,000 acres (2600 sq km).

When completed, the dam will be a major source of prosperity for Zimalia and will be providing clean, cheap and renewable energy combined with irrigation water that will help Zimalia’s struggling agricultural sector.

Investment opportunity:

The huge cost of the project makes it hard to be financed by just one party. This is why the Polakis Energy, who is leading the Tamoran conglomerate that is in charge of the project, is looking for foreign investors in the project. The company owning the project will issue non-voting stock for those interesting in taking part in one of the largest construction projects taking place in Mundus.  Potential investors in the project can expect an average return of 4% (but are not guaranteed) on their investment after the project is completed.

Shareholders so far:

25 % voting shares: Tamoran conglomerate ( Polakis Energy, Jalal Deer Agricultural Conglomerate, various mining companies operating in Zimalia, several oil and gas companies, over two dozen banks, various other private investors).

5% non-voting shares: reserved for Zimalian investors: Zimalian Union of Labour, various NGOs and individuals. These shares will be allocated (free of charge) to Zimalians who have already contributed much to the project but though non-financial means.

10% non-voting shares: King Akakois Foundation

20% non-voting shares: Muslim Association of Krimeon - legal representative: Ğäbdelxaliq Nigmatullin (Grand Mufti of Krimeon)

20% non-voting shares: Pramoria State Oil Company

5% non-voting shares: Clysperi Oil Corporation

5% non-voting shares: Clysperi Refining Group

10% Republic of Fleur

Remaining shares: 0%

How to submit an investment application:

Just write a letter of intent saying who you are and what party you represent, the country you are registered in, a short description regarding the commercial activity you are engaged in (if a company and not an individual investor), the amount you want to invest and any other info you think it’s relevant.

Spoiler: FAQ • show

1.   Why are there available only non-voting stock? Is there a risk as a shareholder of those stocks that I will be getting a lower return?

The project is very complex and requires a stable leadership structure that is why we have opted to provide investors with only non-voting stock. We do however reserve the right to upgrade those stocks to common stocks for certain shareholders. As a shareholder of non-voting stock you will be getting the same dividends as common stock shareholders but you will not be allowed to vote in the shareholders’ meeting. We are looking for investors that want to finance the project but are not interested in getting involved in the sometimes tedious details of running such a project.     

2.   I am concerned about alleged human rights issues. Is the company running the project a Tamoran or a Zimalian one because it’s not clear.

The company owning the future dam and the one you are invited to invest is a limited liability company (LLC) registered in Zimalia. It has indeed Tamoran shareholders (as well as Zimalian ones) but the company is registered in Zimalia and is fully compliant with all the laws and regulations of Zimalia.

3.   Can anyone invest?

We are looking for private investors, so we would rather see companies, individuals, NGOs etc investing in the project and not governments. The project while fully compliant with all the laws and regulations of Zimalia is not a government owned or operated enterprise. So while governments are allowed to invest, we will give priority to non-government actors wishing to invest.
Aside from that, all citizens and companies are invited to invest expect for those registered or resident in Slava Lavosk. Furthermore, should you be a resident or registered in Kaitaine, please make sure you have appropriate papers issue by the government there: the Theocracy of Kaitaine. We know there is some confusion regarding this, so only appropriate papers form the Free Theocracy of Kaitaine will be accepted in order to be compliant with the laws and regulations of Kaitaine, of course. The company does not and will not engage in political activity and is not interested in taking side over the conflict raging in Kataine.

4.   A 4% average return is rather small compared to other similar projects. Why is that?   

The aim of the project is to help build a sustainable economy in Zimalia. Once the dam will be completed and running we aim to provide cheaper energy, sometimes even below market value, to companies that have an ethical business model. The same is true for irrigation water. While the company owning the dam will be making a profit, we also balance that with other interests like ethics in the business environment. We believe a 4% expected return (but not guaranteed), although not the best available in Mundus( for this type of projects) is still a reasonable return for investors, especially those who are interested in building a sustainable economy.   

5.   How does Zimalia and Zimalians benefit from this?

Well first of all, as said above the company that will own the future dam is registered in Zimalia. While the shareholders will be from all over Mundus, the company and the dam are Zimalian and will stay in Zimalia. Furthermore, during the construction for the project thousands of Zimalians will be employed while hundreds will be employed after the project is completed. Also, the project will help boost the Zimalian economy by providing energy and irrigation. All these will help Zimalia and Zimalians in general.   

6.   Where does the name Haghighi come from?

The future dam is named after the latest martyr in Tamora's long list of martyrs. It is meant to honor her name and to keep her memory alive.

7.   I have heard that the dam will be constructed in a mostly Afolayan area. I have heard allegations of discrimination against them. Is this project harming them?

Not all, nothing could be further from the truth. Not only are we in constant contact with the Zimalian government to address any issues regarding this but also the Afolayan tribe holds a majority in Zimalia with approx. 60% of the population belonging to that tribe. Any attempt to infringe upon their rights would see the Afolayan people vote out their current government. 
Furthermore, we are now making preparations with MAZ( Manist Association of Zimalia) to handle any displaced Afolayans and take care of them.

8.   Will the project start only after the 5 bln are raised? What happens if you don’t manage to raise the amount?

We will begin construction as soon as possible without waiting to raise all the funds. The initial investment by the Tamoran shareholders is approx. 1.5 bln dinars (USD) and that is enough to get us started. The investment opportunity will be opened until we reach our 5 bln goal. Should we however be unable to raise the 5 bln needed we will look to other options to finance the project.

9.   I am still not convinced that the project legitimate and/or I have some doubts about legal or ethical issues.

Please feel free to contact the Zimalian Union of Labour, Manist Assocation of Zimalia (MAZ) or the appropriate branch of the Zimalian government. They can attest the project is not only genuine but also in full compliance with Zimalian laws.

OOC: I know nothing of dams. I took the data from this one. Figured that if they could build it in the 30s, we could build it in the 2020s.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Investment opportunity: the Haghighi Dam – Mega Project
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:26:08 PM »

To:- The Haghighi Dam Project

The people of Royal Seleucid have recently found ourselves in the unfortunate position of having to rely on foreign support for the most basic neccessities. This is a situation we wish no one else to be in and believe we must give something back to the world. As such we believe giving cheap and clean electricity to the people of Zimalia is a way of doing this. Therefore should we be permitted we would like to invest $500million in this project. Should we be accepted the shares should be put into the name of the King Akakois Foundation and any return on the investment would be paid to this foundation with half the money being used for charitable causes in Royal Seleucid and the other half for   good causes in other countries, including supporting JET.

Should you have any questions about our offer please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

King Heydar.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 10:07:06 PM »

I would like to first extend my utmost greetings and blessings to our fellow Tamoran brothers and sisters of the Prohpets Mohammed and Mani; I bring only good tidings from the Muslim community of Krimeon as we would like to be part of this Dam Project of yours. Such a power, if developed and Allah be willing, would operate railroads, factories, mines, irrigation pumps, furnish heat and light in such measure that all in all it would be the most unique, the most interesting, and the most remarkable development of both irrigation and power in this age of industrial and scientific miracles. Therefore on behalf of the Krimeonite Muslim community, I would like to donate $1 billion, for the betterment of the Zimalian peoples and pay our sincere devotion to Allah and the Prophets for guiding us on the path of enlightenment so that we may one day join them in the Paradise.

Take Care and May the Fathers of Understanding guide us,

Ğäbdelxaliq Nigmatullin
Grand Mufti of Krimeon

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:16:15 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 10:20:53 PM »
TO: HRM king Heydar of Royal Seleucid

We are honored that Your Majesty has shown interest in the project. We will of course be honored to register the investment under King Akakois Foundation and allocate the 10% shares to the foundation.
We wish Your Majesty and the Seleucid people peace and prosperity.
Respectfully yours,

Thanasis Polakis
CEO of Polakis Energy

To: Grand Mufti of Krimeon Ğäbdelxaliq Nigmatullin

As-salamu alaykum,

Upon hearing of your generous support, I have asked Polakis Energy to allow me to personally thank you in the name of MAZ and the people of Zimalia. You have shown immense charity, above and beyond what in prescribed in the Quran. We can't however take advantage of your generosity and we will instead consider the donation an investment and grant you the appropriate shares. This way, we as followers of the Prophet Mani, fulfill our obligation to deal fairly with others and also gives you the opportunity to help others in the future. 

May God reward you,
Imam Ervad Farshid
Spokesperson of MAZ (Manist Association of Zimalia)

Offline Pramoria

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Pramoria
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 06:00:01 PM »

Our company would like to take this opportunity and invest 1 billion dinars.

May the spirit of Holy Alya be with all of us!

Prince Mahdi Farahani
GM of Pramoria State Oil Company

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 06:19:20 PM »
TO: HRH prince Mahdi Farahani od Pramoria

We are honored that Your Majesty has shown interest in the project. Your substantial investment has allowed our project to reach 80% of our funding requirements and came at a crucial time for the project.
We wish Your Highness and the Pramorian people peace and prosperity.
Respectfully yours,

Thanasis Polakis
CEO of Polakis Energy

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 08:55:13 PM »

The production of petroleum and its related products has long been a bright spot in the Clysperi economy, allowing for a source of revenue where other avenues have been shut to the Kingdom by the internationalist cartel. Taking the example of my own Government in stockpiling resources for dispersal in times of need the Clysperi Oil Corporation, and the Clysperi Refining Group (COC and CRG, respectively) have available to them a stockpile of funds, a 'rainy day' fund so to say which has thankfully not been necessary to tap into as of yet.

While Royal law prohibits a release of a great amount of funds short of national crisis, I have instructed the COC and CRG to provide for a release from their respective cash reserves of 250,000,000 dinars each, for a total of 500,000,000 dinars toward the project. While I wish I possessed the ability to do more, an ability which shall come in the future if the gods are willing, I hope that our contribution nonetheless brings your vision closer to fruition.

Beketaten-Hesy-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, High Priest of Every Temple, The Living Horus.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 12:03:46 PM »
TO: Beketaten-Hesy-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, High Priest of Every Temple, The Living Horus

We are honored that Your Majesty has shown interest in the project and deeply appreciate the effort made. The shares for the project have been allocated the the respective companies, they each receive 5% each for a total 10%.
Thanks to your critical support the project is now 90% funded and has almost secured its funding.

Respectfully yours,

Thanasis Polakis
CEO of Polakis Energy