Author Topic: The Summit of Aldspring  (Read 11818 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: The Summit of Aldspring
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 11:54:55 PM »
"It would appear that the CTO has a consensus." Sakura said looking around the table, of note was the lack of an Achkaerinese vote but that was to be expected it wouldn't have been right under the circumstances for Achkaerin to vote on something like this "Obviously there are other parts of the Commonwealth Treaty that will need amending to be brought into line with Silverhills. However this is the first step in what we all hope is the right direction."

"Now what needs to be discussed is how you as an organisation address problems moving forward. " Serenity said "How are you going to bridge the gap to Nya Aland? How are you going to stay true to your principles and most importantly how are you going to ensure that next time something goes down that requires an intervention that the membership of the CTO steps up and doesn't leave East Moreland holding the metaphorical baby? If you want this organisation to work then you must address that because while Silverhills does much to streamline the CTO process and the organisation as a whole it does nothing in this regard. So let me ask this of you all are you prepared for your nations to be held accountable before the CTO for not acting if you are capable of doing so?"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:44:27 AM by Achkaerin »

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »
OOC - giving this 24 hours and if no one says anything further I’ll be putting Silverhills (and other stuff that’s relevant) into a resolution.

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Saheristan
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 01:53:09 PM »
"It would appear that the CTO has a consensus." Sakura said looking around the table, of note was the lack of an Achkaerinese vote but that was to be expected it wouldn't have been right under the circumstances for Achkaerin to vote on something like this "Obviously there are other parts of the Commonwealth Treaty that will need amending to be brought into line with Silverhills. However this is the first step in what we all hope is the right direction."

"Now what needs to be discussed is how you as an organisation address problems moving forward. " Serenity said "How are you going to bridge the gap to Nya Aland? How are you going to stay true to your principles and most importantly how are you going to ensure that next time something goes down that requires an intervention that the membership of the CTO steps up and doesn't leave East Moreland holding the metaphorical baby? If you want this organisation to work then you must address that because while Silverhills does much to streamline the CTO process and the organisation as a whole it does nothing in this regard. So let me ask this of you all are you prepared for your nations to be held accountable before the CTO for not acting if you are capable of doing so?"

"So long as nations are not to be forced by the CTO to act against their own interests through the tyranny of a majority vote, and that allowances are made for the differing scales of military and humanitarian ability reflected in the capabilities of the nations at this table, we support this idea in principle. We will happily take part in more concrete discussions on this matter when the time comes."

President Khalid Amin Ashkan
The Republic of Saheristan

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile
Insurgency in Lalishistan

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »
"The CTO already allows for such things as you describe" Serenity said "It cannot and never has been able to compel nations into taking military action for the same reasons outlined by Sir Jacob in respect of what would essentially be a CTO army. It also ensures that no nation is unduly pressured into contributing to an ongoing operation beyond it's capability to do so. It can however say that nations should not do things such as trade or retain diplomatic relations with certain other nations. These are measures that have been place since the inception of this organisation. What is raised is not in respect of nations that are willing and incapable to act but more in respect of nations that are capable of acting but unwilling to do so. Chief example is with all due respect Rokkenjima a nation that's more than capable of doing what's necessary and working with it's allies to do so yet time and time again has not."

"I believe that with the Silverhills proposal having been accepted in accordance with our current treaty protocols that it can be presented to the General Assembly for adoption. This I will do as soon as I get back to the Palace of Nations. I believe that this concludes this summit and I thank everyone for their time and their contributions." Sakura said, she picked the envelope Serenity had handed over earlier up off the table "I'll see CTO delegates on the floor of the Assembly in the morning."