Author Topic: Dave's Guides to International Organisations and Treaties for Rookies  (Read 2604 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Here in Mundus there will be a significant number of abbreviations and groups flying around. For a newcomer they can seem intimidating so I've tried here to make a simple guide to what's going on. Every nation will want to join some or all of them and so here is my list of the good, the bad, the ugly and where you can find them.

MUST HAVES (Ok so you don't have to sign them but these are the foundations for how our world works)

1. Mundus Convention of Universal Rights Think UN Human Rights Charter. Controversal as some say it takes sovereignty away from nations, meanwhile hippies others say it doesn't go far enough.

2. Uppsala Convention This is our simplified Geneva Convention.

3. Free Seas Concordt Its a straight rip off of UNCLOS (the link lets you read all 202 pages) essentially it says the following of importance

i) You get 12nm of territorial water (where you're less than 12 miles away its split evenly)
ii) Everyone has the right to "innocent" passage through territorial waters.
iii) You get a contiguous zone of a further 24nm
iv) You get an exclusive economic zone of a further 200nm

GOOD IDEAS (Make you seem not a douche)

1. Outer Space Standards - Rules governing space stuff, essentially no weapons, no claiming real estate

2. Treaty for the Protection of Hygelac and Hrothgar Stuff to keep the Penguins and Polar Bears safe