Author Topic: Ardian Assembly Debate - Ardian Stability (2019)  (Read 2824 times)

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Ardian Assembly Debate - Ardian Stability (2019)
« on: May 31, 2019, 09:04:18 PM »

The continent of Ardia is made up of 24 large nations and countless others. 15 of those nations have joined the Ardian Assembly, an organisation that was designed to help nations overcome its differences and challenges. Yet in the last two months that has not happened as threats, escalation and demands are levelled between one power group and another. It is actions such as this which can easily spiral out of control and escalate to war something no nation wishes.

At present we have the SANE alliance with New Derusmia, Quintelia and Republic of China making up its membership. Like any nation they are more than welcome to seek out closer co-operation with each other in order to bring about a better set of conditions for their people, but not at the expense of others. We now see a situation where having removed a key part of their organisations charter another nation now feels threatened. Yet some would say these nations only joined together because they themselves felt threatened. We live on a continent that has seen splits in the past, be that between East and West, between nations near the Horn and the rest of Ardia and even over railway lines. The continent faces unique challenges that should be pulling us together. We are perhaps the largest continent in the world full of diverse people and diverse cultures. We are a continent that has seen one of the longest and most brutal occupations in modern history in the Unified Iwi and they are a people that are still facing challenges of persecution globally. This is a situation that we as a continent that wishes to come together should stand squarely behind, instead we are threatening each other and this is unacceptable.

I call upon the members of SANE to give a public undertaking that they in no way shall target a first strike of any kind against Rokkenjima as n article in one nations media has suggested has been planned. I also call upon Rokkenjima to give a written assurance to SANE that it too is not planning any military action against them and their members.

SANE could be a force for positive good in the region and I call on its members to focus on its social and economic policies rather than adopting militaristic stances. Rokkenjima have previously been leading lights in attempts to bring Ardia together, history shows attempts of several pan Ardian organisations yet now words emanating from the Empire are pushing wedges between the continent and I call on it to return to efforts of Pan-Ardian Co-Operation rather than looking inwards towards its sea.

I therefore submit this declaration to the membership for their opinions, comments and concerns.

Signed

Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles of Bakkermaya

With the statement from the Grand Duke read out to the membership it was time for their appointed ambassadors to begin the discussion.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Ardian Assembly Debate - Ardian Stability (2019)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 04:24:47 AM »

To The Ardian Assembly

"I also call upon Rokkenjima to give a written assurance to SANE that it too is not planning any military action against them and their members."

To date the First Empire has seen the Armed Forces of the SICR and New Derusima mobilized in response to sanctions imposed upon the SICR for purchasing human lives, good intent aside. During these instances the First Empire did not mobilize its armed forces in kind. To date, the First Empire has not mobilized its armed forces against a fellow Ardian state since the Thematan Revolutionary Conflict. Indeed, Rokkenjima endeavoured to ensure that sanctions would not be levied upon New Derusima, and delayed their implementation upon the SICR until the conclusion of Ardian Assembly talks. Perhaps the way in which those actions were conveyed led to information being lost upon receipt, and for that I shall take this opportunity to apologize. Had we a mutual understanding of one another, it would have perhaps been understood sooner.

I shall not issue an assurance which already stands de facto, and one which has been portrayed through Rokkenjiman actions as one raised their armed forces to a ready posture and in the other, at least one faction spoke of deploying weapons of mass destruction against the Rokkenjiman People.

An offer of talks was made with those leaders of SANE who seem fearful and uneasy because an understanding, at present, does not exist between us. The answer, and any potential resolution, lay in someone simply picking up the phone and setting a date; solicitation from the Ardian Assembly is not required for that to take place. The path to a solution and resolution presently exists; it is my sincerest of hopes that certain people may overcome their fears of the unknown we could all sit down and see beyond that vast unknown between us. Until such a time, my line remains open and I shall not decline any call made in good faith.

My line remains open no matter the hour of the day and is open to all SANE leadership should they wish to join me in talks. I shall also meet them half way in ensuring any reasonable accommodations are in place for such discussions between us.

Thank you.

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Admiral Taiwanpenguin

• Regional Power
  • Glory to the Revolution!
    • View Profile
    • Second Imperial Chinese Republic
  • Your Nation: 2nd Imperial Chinese Republic
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 07:33:22 AM »

OFFICIAL PUBLICATION FROM THE IMPERIAL THRONE OF THE SECOND IMPERIAL CHINESE REPUBLIC

"The SICR will speak for SANE."

It was -and still is- that the entire point of creating SANE was to give the other nations of Ardia more position of the continental political stage that is dominated by Rokkenjima. It was conveyed, as Empress Anselmo has so kindly designated, that we looked upon their responses with suspicion and fear. We see now the value of a direct meeting with Empress Anselmo. Thus, we welcome this opportunity for peace and see no further need for the Assembly, though appreciated, to involve itself within these affairs.

We can assure Rokkenjimans that the SDP has a very low chance of committing to such an action in the first place, and such a weapon is unlikely to even exist in the first place. We are open to diplomacy and to reason. Let us find common ground.

May Faneris deem us this chance for understanding,

Emperor-Admiral Jinduming of the Ming-Brandenburg Throne.
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

By the Dragons and the Emperor-Admiral, Forward!

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:12:14 AM »
With ongoing talks between SANE and Rokkenjima the Ardian Assembly considers this matter closed for action pending the outcome of those talks.