Author Topic: CTO Debate - Responding to Slavan Aggressions  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
CTO Debate - Responding to Slavan Aggressions
« on: August 09, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »
[big]GENERAL ASSEMBLY SUBMISSION FORM[/big]
Formal Name of Submitting Nation(s): The First Empire of Rokkenjima
Nations involved: Slava Lavosk, International Community At Large
Title of Submission: Responding To Slavan Aggressions
Draft Resolution:

Commonwealth Treaty Organisation
General Assembly Resolution

Resolution [XXXX]
Adopted by the General Assembly on [Date]

The General Assembly,

Applauding the universal nuclear disarmament pursued by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, Kingdom of East Moreland and the First Empire of Rokkenjima as a move which reduced the prospect of nuclear war and secured for Mundus a future free of nuclear conflict,

Dismayed by the unilateral uppending of that process by Slava Lavosk in detonating a nuclear warhead of its own design, bringing that process to a halt and casting into doubt the nuclear free future which had been pursued in earnest by the three aforementioned powers,

Determined to ensure all actions are taken to ensure that universal nuclear disarmament is effected and that any threat of proliferation of nuclear arms or materials into or out of Slava Lavosk is prevented,

Further determined to deprive Slava Lavosk of the means to make war against the community of nations and to deprive it of the advantage it sought as each nuclear power renounced their arsenals,

Hereby acts as follows

1. Recognizes that Slava Lavosk is a threat to international peace and has, through its testing of a nuclear device following the universal disarmament, acted in an aggressive manner to the international community,

2. Empowers the First Empire of Rokkenjima, the Kingdom of Tytor, and any other Commonwealth member capable of contributing assets, to place into effect a naval blockade of Slava Lavosk to prevent the proliferation of nuclear arms and materials, materials which could be utilized by the Slava Lavosk military to wage war, or any materials of a dual use nature which would enable Slava Lavosk to further threaten the peace, until such a time Slava Lavosk is no longer in possession of nuclear arms,

3. Allows for the implementation of a no-fly zone over Slava Lavosk should a naval blockade prove incapable of addressing these challenges on its own, ensuring that no avenue for averting the actions of the Commonwealth is within Slava Lavosk's capabilities,

4. Calls upon all Commonwealth nations to apply pressure upon Slava Lavosk through sanctions, freezes of assets, and other measures to ensure the costs of Slava Lavosk's nuclear arsenal outweighs any benefits it should see in acquiring such weapons and derailing the universal disarmament.

Any other details:

Following the universal disarmament of the three Nuclear Powers (Achkaerin, East Moreland and Rokkenjima) Slava Lavosk detonated a nuclear warhead and declared itself a nuclear power, throwing into doubt the realization of a nuclear-free Mundus. To ensure that Slava Lavosk cannot hold the international community hostage, and to effect the removal of the Slava Lavosk nuclear arsenal, the CTO hereby implements a series of actions to restore the peace and tranquility of the international community.

Code: [Select]
[center][b][size=14pt]Commonwealth Treaty Organisation[/b]
[size=12pt]General Assembly Resolution[/size]

[b]Resolution [XXXX]
[i]Adopted by the General Assembly on [Date][/i][/b][/center]

[i]The General Assembly,[/i]

[i]Applauding[/i] the universal nuclear disarmament pursued by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, Kingdom of East Moreland and the First Empire of Rokkenjima as a move which reduced the prospect of nuclear war and secured for Mundus a future free of nuclear conflict,

[i]Dismayed[/i] by the unilateral uppending of that process by Slava Lavosk in detonating a nuclear warhead of its own design, bringing that process to a halt and casting into doubt the nuclear free future which had been pursued in earnest by the three aforementioned powers,

[i]Determined[/i] to ensure all actions are taken to ensure that universal nuclear disarmament is effected and that any threat of proliferation of nuclear arms or materials into or out of Slava Lavosk is prevented,

[i]Further determined[/i] to deprive Slava Lavosk of the means to make war against the community of nations and to deprive it of the advantage it sought as each nuclear power renounced their arsenals,

[i]Hereby acts as follows[/i]

1. [i]Recognizes[/i] that Slava Lavosk is a threat to international peace and has, through its testing of a nuclear device following the universal disarmament, acted in an aggressive manner to the international community,

2. [i]Empowers[/i] the First Empire of Rokkenjima, the Kingdom of Tytor, and any other Commonwealth member capable of contributing assets, to place into effect a naval blockade of Slava Lavosk to prevent the proliferation of nuclear arms and materials, materials which could be utilized by the Slava Lavosk military to wage war, or any materials of a dual use nature which would enable Slava Lavosk to further threaten the peace, until such a time Slava Lavosk is no longer in possession of nuclear arms,

3. [i]Allows[/i] for the implementation of a no-fly zone over Slava Lavosk should a naval blockade prove incapable of addressing these challenges on its own, ensuring that no avenue for averting the actions of the Commonwealth is within Slava Lavosk's capabilities,

4. [i]Calls upon[/i] all Commonwealth nations to apply pressure upon Slava Lavosk through sanctions, freezes of assets, and other measures to ensure the costs of Slava Lavosk's nuclear arsenal outweighs any benefits it should see in acquiring such weapons and derailing the universal disarmament.

[b]Any other details[/b]:

Following the universal disarmament of the three Nuclear Powers (Achkaerin, East Moreland and Rokkenjima) Slava Lavosk detonated a nuclear warhead and declared itself a nuclear power, throwing into doubt the realization of a nuclear-free Mundus. To ensure that Slava Lavosk cannot hold the international community hostage, and to effect the removal of the Slava Lavosk nuclear arsenal, the CTO hereby implements a series of actions to restore the peace and tranquility of the international community.