Author Topic: Oil (and Gas) Producing Exporting Nations (OPEN)  (Read 14792 times)

Offline Aurelius III

• Microstate
  • For the Crown of St. Jean and St. Mark!
    • View Profile
    • Montagne Factbook
  • Your Nation: Montagnes Glorieuses
Re: Oil (and Gas) Producing Exporting Nations (OPEN)
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2019, 12:02:21 PM »
That was a typo. It was late when I made that.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »

The Republic of Sinsu fully accepts attaining the status of 'Associate Membership' until the issues surrounding SICR is finally resolved, and thus would like to give thanks to OPEN members for showing continued patience and faith in times of crisis such as these.

Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Republic of Sinsu
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:36:57 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 05:26:17 PM »

I would like to express, on behalf of the Tamoran government, the full support for the Republic of Heyra to be accepted as an associate member of our organization. The Tamoran government considers the Republic of Heyra a reliable partner and one whose expertise is respected in Djerb. We are looking forward to cooperating with you in OPEN should the Heyran Republic be accepted as an associate member.

Respectfully yours,
Thanasis Polakis
Deputy Head (VP) of OPEN

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 06:09:58 PM »

The Kingdom of Clysperis fully supports the endeavour of the Republic of Heyra to become an Associate Member of OPEN. As a nation which has worked with Midaranye and has not looked upon it with undue ire and spite we look forward to writing a new chapter of cooperation with the Republic.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »

OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE MINISTRY OF ENERGY OF QUINTELIA

On behalf of the Kingdom of Quintelia, I fully support Heyra to become an associate member of OPEN. While Quintelia and Heyra have very limited relations, we believe that Heyra can benefit from OPEN and vice versa.

Truly yours,
Fernando Ernesto Adartse,
Quintelian Minister of Energy

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 09:21:02 PM »

Royal Seleucid agree to the admission of Heyra as an associate member of OPEN.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 01:34:35 PM »

The Holy Land of Altromine, as a large producer of crude oil in its borders, would like to formally request membership of OPEN.
We agree to abide by the rules set out in your charter.
May Aten bless you,
Arch-Protector Araanon.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2021, 07:17:17 PM »

I would like to express, on behalf of the Tamoran government, the full support for the Glorious Land of Altromine to be accepted as a member of our organization. We look forward to cooperating with you in OPEN.

Respectfully yours,
Thanasis Polakis
Deputy Head (VP) of OPEN

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2021, 07:46:13 PM »
Expect some fancy RS response following our successful talks. This is a place holder if Geo wants to use membership going forward.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2022, 08:56:25 AM »

To the members of OPEN,

The Kingdom of Clysperis hereby announces that, effective today, it is no longer party to the Oil (and Gas) Producing Exporting Nations, otherwise known as OPEN.

Effective immediately the Kingdom of Clysperis announces its intent to export oil and its derivative products at a rate of 25% less than OPEN, and will continue to match this discount rate to all nations and organisations.

That is all.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2022, 02:18:26 PM »

To the members of OPEN,

The Kingdom of Clysperis shall be suspending these proposed actions until such a time diplomatic endeavours of Pharaoh Seti Di-‘nh-mi-Re have been allowed to see fruition.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2022, 08:14:18 AM »

The Kingdom of Clysperis wishes to announce that it has brought additional refinery capacity online on the outskirts of Setri. This refinery is designed to meet present fuel needs while supplementing additional Clysperi capacity in the Gulf region of the Kingdom. With construction upon Setri completed the Kingdom will explore additional options of transport for products from this refinery, including rail, to ensure a stable and profitable price for oil and its associated products throughout OPEN.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2022, 04:24:17 PM »
OOC note: After giving some thought I am going to go with it. Samantra is interested in joining OPEN as an associate member.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2022, 03:37:26 AM »

The Kingdom of Clysperis supports Samantra’s bid for Associate membership in OPEN.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2022, 11:24:54 AM »

To: OPEN, Ipsus, Royal Seleucid

I would like to formally present the application of the Holy Kingdom of Samantra to join OPEN as an associate member.

The Holy Kingdom is a country that has deep economic ties with the members of OPEN. All of country’s oil and gas are imported with 65% of the imports coming from members of this organization. Our country uses 6 million barrels of oil per day meaning the total annual imports of oil alone account for almost 216 billion roubles/USD per year (ooc: assuming the price of oil is 100 USD, so adjust according depending on the price), 65% of which, as previously stated, comes from OPEN countries. The data I believe speaks for itself and makes the Holy Kingdom one of the largest clients of OPEN.

While our country lacks oil and gas reserves, and as such has no upstream sector, it does have a significant oil and gas sector that handles the downstream sector. Our major companies have some of the largest refineries in the Rus’ world since we import so much crude oil that we have to refine and ship across the country. The Samantran government understands the importance of the oil and gas for the Samatran economy and is a partner for the industry. We are helping the industry to further develop the infrastructure such as to increase capacity for the liquefied natural gas terminals in our ports, to construct new gas powered plants and to further develop the pipelines (gas and refined oil) as to be able to export it to our neighbors such as the Grand Duchy of Belgravia and others. 

Lastly, the Samantran economy according to forecasts and barring any major economic downturn, will continue to increase its imports of oil and gas at least until the end of this decade. Furthermore, I believe the Samantran government has shown interest to work with many of the members of this organization for the betterment of the oil and gas industry and our people’s wellbeing.

It is for the reasons presented above that I believe the Holy Kingdom of Samantra will be a valuable associate member of the organization, further increasing the visibility and influence of the organization in Mundus and its role in the stability of the global economy.

In the hope of a positive answer to our application, I look forward to any questions you might have regarding our application.   

With the greatest of respect,
Yeva Litvin
President of the Duma

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2022, 07:52:26 PM »
With immediate effect Samantra are accepted as an associate member of the organisation. It is our hope the blossoming relationship between OPEN and our newest friends can continue to grow in the coming years.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2023, 09:12:50 AM »

The Kingdom of Clysperis finds itself concerned by the treatment of natives by Imperio de la Bahia del Norte and recognizes in them our own past under the yoke of Soviet rule. It is clear to us that Emperor Antonio has a an opportunity, but more importantly a responsibility, to forge a path which sees better conditions for the Native Peoples, many of whom have been driven from their ancestral lands as settlers expanded their presence. As these responsibilities have not been met and conditions for the Native Peoples appear to be dire, the Kingdom formally proposes that OPEN suspend sales of petroleum products to Imperio de la Bahia del Norte until such a time they take concrete steps in addressing these issues.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2023, 03:14:02 PM »

While it is clear the Kaqam tribe of Bahia have faced the wrath of the Bahia government we shall not at this time be supporting this measure suggested by the Pharoah of Clysperis. It is clear that the Kaqam are one of a number of tribal groups, many of whom are victimised by the Kaqam. Furthermore as the Kaqam actively engage in kidnapping to support slavery and also tolerate murder and rape as part of this process we can not take action to support their cause. We find the fact tha the Pharoah has used this latest round of action against the Kaqam to label that all Native people there are mistreated. More must be done to ascertain the treatment of the Native as reports suggest that the behaviour of the Kaqam has created a scene where the group "are not well liked by the other tribes.".

Royal Seleucid will not prevent the people of Bahia from defending themselves against kidnapping, rapists who practice human sacrifice and fund this by selling drugs using child soldiers to protect their interests.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2023, 01:51:40 AM »

I find the disingenuous remarks of the Republic to be less than helpful, especially given the Republic's troubles when it comes to matters such as transparency and the international controversy we've seen in regards to Elysium. I need not remind my counterparts from the Republic that when Clysperis declared a path independent of Tamora I was cautioned against doing so. Cited as concerns by my counterparts were the division of the Manist Faith as represented in the establishment of Contemporary Manism as well as my declarations against slavery because Emperor Abbas is "most fond of" as it is an integral part of Tamoran culture. As such I shall not be chided by a Heyran on matters such as slavery and human suffering when they walk around with egg upon their face to this day due to their myriad controversies.

Until further notice Heyran diplomatic staff which remain within Clysperi borders are being given due notice that they are to shutter their operations and depart the Kingdom within 48 hours. Once the attitude of the Republic has improved I may revisit this decision at my leisure.

I shall state that the sources we have at this time may be biased; as such I shall be determining how to best proceed on this issue and will update OPEN once those pursuits have been explored. I am not closed to information which may shed light beyond the sources which have been available on this matter thus far, and I shall remain amendable to information which would change the calculus of the Kingdom.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2023, 06:58:47 AM »

The Holy Empire of Achkaerin provided to Clysperis the nudge of a friend which is being followed up by communications in private. Nowhere in their communications did the Achkaerinese suggest that the Kingdom should be sanctioned, nor did they impinge the dignity or standing of the Kingdom in their response as the fair Governor has in theirs.

The Kingdom considers the conduct of the Republic, as an Associate Member of OPEN, as unacceptable. Should the Heyran Republic apologize for its slights against the Kingdom I shall be willing to open my house to Governor Anginer to discuss the present matters at length. If Governor Anginer is incapable of this, however, I shall move to see that the Republic face some manner of consequence for its attempts to disgrace the good name of the Kingdom.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2023, 10:07:56 PM »

During recent discussions surrounding the Kaqam Tribe of the Bahia we saw concern from the Emirate of Royal Seleucid over "kidnapping to support slavery". I feel this exchange brings to light a most large elephant in the room: OPEN counts amongst its members the largest supporter of the institution of slavery in perhaps the entire history of Mundus: the Empire of Tamora. If we are to assume a position of concern in regards to the institution of slavery I would suggest now, perhaps above any other moment in the history of this organization, is most appropriate to address the issue of slavery.

While the Empire of Tamora is a founding member of OPEN I do not feel that excuses it from the consequences of perpetuating an institution which itself is an abomination against human nature and decency; an affront to human decency itself. If we are to continue as an organization I feel we must address the continued existence of slavery in the Tamoran Empire and work together to see that slavery is either abolished, or this organization disavows slavery fully and brings the Empire to account for the continued perpetuation of slavery. It is for these purposes that I call for a summit of the leadership of OPEN to discuss these issues, to bring about a resolution on the matter, and make a firm decision on whether we, as an Organization, are comfortable with harbouring the largest supporter of slavery amongst our ranks.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Voice of Ma'at, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo