Author Topic: Lakhzovia: Inauguration of President Cikniye [OPEN]  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Lakhzovia: Inauguration of President Cikniye [OPEN]
« on: August 29, 2023, 05:28:58 PM »
Inauguration of President Tesan Cikniye

Cikniye paced around the front terrace of the Presidential Palace in New Nakim's government district. In the middle of the terrace, a few meters back from the central podium sat an ornate golden chair, more a throne really, which was his seat in the upcoming events. Behind that, were serried rows of chairs laid out for various Lakhzov state functionaries and politicians. Finally to the left and right of his Presidential throne were rows of chairs that had been set out for the guests of honour, the various foreign dignitaries and leaders who would shortly arrive to witness the first peaceful transfer of power in Lakhzovia's history.

Snapping out of a momentary lapse of concentration Cikniye became aware of the arrival of the first of his guests.

(OOC: Just assume you were invited, if you want to come make your entrance)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Lakhzovia: Inauguration of President Cikniye [OPEN]
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 06:31:19 PM »
With David being busy with the situation in Mersch, the Festival of sail and having just heard of the deaths of the Lymm royalty it was not a simple task for him to head over the Illumic. Freya was busy with some negotiations with the new government of Mersch and so David had instructed his cousin, and Foreign Minister, Duchess Orlaith to go to the inauguration. She had flown from East Moreland's small Illumic HQ that morning and the flight was, relatively speaking short and thankfully uneventful. She was proud she'd managed to maintain her cousins reputation for punctuality and being the first to arrive she approached the soon to be sworn in President. "Mr.President" She extended a hand towards him, "I'd like to pass on my cousin King David's congratulations and wish you well for your term. As always my cousin is keen to forge friendships with nearby neighbours and so if you would like to visit Northfort he'd be happy to see you, sadly some of the situations in Alba Karinya have taken his attention away from today."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 07:10:11 PM »
Albrecht hadn't planned on visiting Lakhzovia anytime soon, with the issues at home keeping him more than busy. Orion had his own duties to fulfill and to be frank, Albrecht wasn't quite sure about this new Government yet.

The one thing that had brought him immense joy is knowing that the Lakhzovian officials must have had quite the bad day trying to fiddle two bulletproof trains through their Country on short notice. The Airship being unavailable had been a blessing in disguise, allowing him to test out his own peoples and Lakhzovia's ability to deal with short notice changes. Much to his boredom though, they had arrived on time for the ceremony.

He wanted to deal with the Mersch situation, stick his fingers into someone else's pie. Send spies like he did back in Kaitane. This? This was boring, but neccesary. And with East Moreland involved Mersch was too hot a Topic for covert ops right now.

He put on his white parade Uniform and took a look around. An open Plaza? He was rather glad to have taken precautions and placed some of his men in the crowd, he'd have to order Orion to leave if it was him here.

A diplomatic smile on his Lips, he waited behind Duchess Orlaith for his turn.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 01:56:06 PM »
Having been joined by Cikniye in Rokkenjima the Empress elected to make the trip to Nakim for his inauguration. Joined by Mr. McKenna she offered a warm smile as she approached, "Thank you for your invitation," she continued as McKenna presented an ornately carved box to him. "On behalf of the First Empire I offer congratulations on your victory and my well-wishes for a peaceful, productive and prosperous term. I recognize that this symbolizes a new beginning, a monumental moment which has not been seen in recent history, and offer you this gift." As she spoke McKenna opened the box, Cikniye would seconds later hear the notes of the Lakhzov national anthem begin to play.

"We've a talented man in Rokkenjima who makes some of the finest music boxes and, upon your victory, he wished for me to give something to you on behalf of the Rokkenjiman People. The box itself dates back to the late 1800s and the machinery within would have once played the Rokkenjiman Anthem. Sadly, that machinery was destroyed when the Federal Republic sought out to vanquish traces of Rokkenjiman history, I do believe some Republican official put the box itself to use for his cigars. Today, however, I'm happy to hear that it once again plays music, and just as we've had our new beginning, so today begins yours."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 07:09:55 PM »
Taika Sevasi was pleased to be off the plane but then cursed having to get into a car. His left leg was aching today and he was trying to avoid taking the massive blue tablet the doctors had given him for the pain. The injuries caused by his time in a Seleucid "Detention centre" had seen him used as a subject for trainee medics to practice stitching up wounds and the mosaic of scars on his left leg. As the car arrived at the Presidential Palace Taika waited until the Rokkenjimans had entered. There was only one thing worse than being sat and that was standing still. This way he had a clear run so to speak at greeting Cikniye. With his walking stick in his left hand he approached the soon to be President, "Good Morning, I am Royal Envoy Taika Sevasi of the Ngāpuhi Iwi." He extended his free right hand, supressed the urge for a traditional Maori greeting thinking perhaps it was something Cikniye was not yet ready for. "Congratulations on your election victory. It is my hope that before I return home we can perhaps discuss ways at which the piracy issue you faced earlier in the year and the agreement made by the Krimeon nations can be merged."

Offline Sorrel

• Microstate
  • Idk man I’m just a bird
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Deterria
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 01:09:23 AM »
The Republic was always wary of Lakhzovia, from it's 'democratic deficit' to it's unstable recent history it was always the neighbour to keep an eye on. Though with the new coalition government in power it marks a positive change in direction for them, at least from the Preorian point of view. Getting in and making an inroad into longterm stable relations with them was a major point in Republic policy, it would secure any potential issues that might stem from the north and hopefully bridge a good deal of cooperation since the piracy issue that cropped up not too long ago.

Wynn Penry was looking forward to yet another milestone in his career at the very least. The diplomat had ticked a lot of the right boxes since his first trip abroad to Paracambi and he was making good progress up the ladder of the foreign office. He had come a long way from the timid desk-jockey who nearly fainted at the sight of a little blood, more than a few foreign postings had seen to that. He was armed with motivation to continue making impressions on both foreign dignitaries and his superiors after all. And there were quite a few besides the President-Elect that he had an eye on making an engagement with.

His trip had been uneventful, the car journey through to the Presidential Palace being a standard affair of state-security and protocols. He still wore the same dark suit, adorned with no embellishments save a small flag pin on his lapel. The typical reserved and formal appearance of any representative of the state. Approaching the now rapidly gathering group of representatives around the newly minted head of state he made his way through. "President Cikniye." He stated, his heavy valley-accent now confident and direct as he extended his right hand in greeting. "Prime Minister Conway extends his best wishes on the success of you and your coalition. The Republic is looking forward to offering Lakhzovia any assistance it can to support your new government and propagate what we wish to be a productive relationship with our neighbours to the north."

The greeting aside he was pleased to see Sevasi from the Iwi and Duchess Orlaith from East Moreland. He would have to engage them too when he got the chance.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 05:19:15 PM »
The metaphorical sigh of relief that had swept through Lakhzovia had been palpable, relief that Kadassa was gone? No. Relief that Kadassa hadn't tried any shenanigans? Perhaps. Relief that Tsagarai hadn't won? Most definitely. It would have been a laughable joke were it not a serious political issue that in an electoral race between a dictator, a democrat and a terrorist somehow the terrorist had won, truth was indeed stranger than fiction. How had it happened? Well there were a fair few theories but it more than likely had its roots in Kadassa's actions over the previous years, actions that had seen him stack the deck in his favour and place the Democratic Alliance at a disadvantage, but with his eyes solely focused on them he'd ignored or discounted the possibility that consolidating his position was also helping others consolidate theirs, or at least that was what the Achkaerinese Electoral Commission and the QCPM were throwing around as a thought when asked about it. On the plus side, though it wasn't much of a silver lining, Cikniye winning was just about the only non Kadassa victory that would have seen a peaceful transfer of power, a victory for the Democratic Alliance would likely have seen a repeat of previous electoral situations, so peace was something to be grateful for but as with all elections there was a difference between respecting the election result and liking it.

Given the history that Achkaerin had with Argan Tsagarai and the Democratic Alliance, even to the point where a handful of Achkaerinese political parties had uttered the word 'sisterhood', it might have seemed strange that an Achkaerinese representative was even attending the inauguration - especially when the person being inaugurated was according to their predecessor an 'enemy of the state' but moments such as this were useful, they were opportunities to get the lay of the land, to get an inkling of what to expect now that the dust had settled. However there was no member of the Royal Family or Government Minister attending no this was a moment for the ambassador to Lakhzovia Samuel Braithwaite, dressed smartly, he went through the formalities of greeting the soon to be President, his game face on at maximum intensity for that moment, he suspected that Cikniye didn't particularly want to be in that moment any more than he did. Show for the camera's done he took a breath and circulated taking in the guests, it was somewhat as expected but the physical presence of the Rokkenjiman Empress was disturbing to say the least.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2023, 05:46:04 PM »
 "Mr.President" began the first arrival, Duchess Orlaith. He had been briefed beforehand on the attendees so he was aware of her connections within East Moreland, the Duchess finished her greeting. "I thank you for the congratulations, and let me express how happy I am that you are attending today despite the issues at home. I feel my predecessor always neglected the potential for a strong relationship with East Moreland, both our nations strongly value our traditions and my government intends to put them at the centre of our policies, as such I look forward to future of greater engagement with your country. I will certainly accept the invite to visit Northfort."

The next in line was the man he had been told was Albrecht of Neu Uburzis "Prince Albrecht, I am honoured to receive you, please allow me to welcome you on behalf of the entire Lakhzov people. I believe this is the first time anyone from your country has ever visited in an official capacity?"

Cikniye made small talk with the Prince for the amount of time deemed acceptable before receiving his next guest and her gift of a music box "Your Majesty, I am touched by your words and your gift. While I know there has been historical animosity between myself and your predecessors, I assure you that our partnership with Rokkenjima remains a critical consideration for me. While we speak of new beginnings, know that for my government that merely means the beginning of a new fruitful relationship with Rokkenjima based on mutual respect and equality."

The next guest was the Envoy from the Iwi, after the initial greetings he raised his desire to discuss international treaties. Cikniye recalled his long tenure as Minister for Foreign Affairs, he smiled inwardly appreciating the man's straight to business attitude, it suited him well.

"I of course would be happy to discuss this with you. After the ceremony there will be a formal reception, we can discuss it further there."

The next individual was smartly dressed and spoke with a heavy accent that seemed both familiar and completely alien, he was of course from Neighbouring Preoria. The man spoke "Prime Minister Conway extends his best wishes on the success of you and your coalition. The Republic is looking forward to offering Lakhzovia any assistance it can to support your new government and propagate what we wish to be a productive relationship with our neighbours to the north."

"Lakhzovia is grateful that the Republic has seen fit to formally attend. We recognise that despite being geographic neighbours we have lad a woeful lack of diplomatic contact. I hope to show you that Lakhzovia is a force for stability and peace in our region. While I understand that the Kadassa years were not the best of times, that you are able to be here today to witness the peaceful transfer of power shows that our country has finally reached maturity."

Cikniye had spotted the final guest as he had arrived, he steeled himself and pasted a strained smile on his face as the Achkaerinese Ambassador approached. For his part the Ambassador also looked distinctly as if he would rather be anywhere else.

"Ambassador." said Cikniye fighting to keep the icy tone from his voice "I am so gratified to know that your government not to boycott my inauguration. I know my election can not have been the outcome hoped for in Valtheim, however please know that whatever your view of me, the country of Lakhzovia is more than one man. That is a lesson my predecessor learnt only at the end, however it has always been my guiding principle. Whatever our personal feelings I recognise that improved relations with Achkaerin are in the interest of Lakhzovia, so you need not fear any chilling of the relationship from me."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2023, 05:42:59 PM »
Albrecht pinched his nose bridge before he got addressed, taking a deep breath. Time to play nice.

As the future president mentions their lack of visit in the recent path, Albrecht gave his best fake courtesy laughter: "Ah, Mister Cikniye, we both know very well why none of us visited a land torn apart by your predecessor. His government was hardly worth the bother, and any attempts of diplomatic parley a lost cause from the beginning. You of all people must be aware that talking wasn't an option with him until he was somewhat cornered."

Albrecht glanced around, looking at the line behind him: "Though i get a feeling we will be able to have a more open relation now that a seemingly more reasonable man sits at the helm." Albrecht gave a nod:

"We are deeply traditional People up North from you, even if our traditions are in stark contrast to what other countries expect. We love a good debate about them, though."

Albrecht glanced around the people approaching, looking back at his host: "On a more personal note. Let's see if you will be able to make the jump of balancing the majority and the minorities without hurting both, or if you'll be remembered as just the next Kadassa brute forcing his way through. I'll be intrigued to watch your Path from now on."

Passing the new Empress on his way back to the other envoys, Albrecht smiled a little. His thoughts wondering if she had more to offer than baubles and pretty words. A trait he found often a little annoying about her predecessor.

Aside from her it seemed most Nations had send the B Team to this occasion though, nothing they could allow themselves being direct neighbors though. Let's see how the man would react. Albrecht took his place, waiting fore the rest of the ceremony to pass.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 09:36:57 PM »
"I am pleased, thank you," the Empress replied. "For too long, I feel, my predecessors treated the Lakhzovian Republic as a most junior partner in our relationship, a state of affairs I am confident you and I can rectify in the future dealings between our nations. I feel you and I were placed here, at the right moment, to see that the true spirit of the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord is actually realized. I've studied with Lakhzovian students in my time in school, I fondly remember going to a school dance with a Lakhzovian boy who was being housed by a Pyrettanian family during his time in our nation, he was quite the gentleman might I add. My Rokkenjima does not see junior partners in our relations, we see only equal sovereigns. I look forward to our new beginning, and again, you've my congratulations on your victory. While the last chapter was written by your predecessor and my mother, the next is ours to write, and I feel we've a most beautiful chapter to write."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2023, 09:40:11 AM »
Cikniye watched as Albrecht walked away, his parting words ringing in his head. Yes it would be a difficult path to tread, his need to appease the coalition in the legislature while at the same time preventing them from carrying out some of their more outlandish agenda items.

The Rokkenjiman Empress' final words before moving on had been somewhat easier on the ear, the promise of an equal partnership going forward would go some length towards helping him maintain the relationship in the face of hostility from his politic allies, time would tell whether this was just pretty words or a genuine commitment, for the sake of everyone he hoped it the latter.

After the last of the guests had been greeted and seated the events of the day formally began.

A grand military parade wound its way through the bustling streets of Nakim before parading through Independence Square. Forests of Lakhzov Flags fluttered in the breeze along with other colourful flags, each representing the diverse regions of the nation. Marching bands filled the air with spirited melodies, and citizens from all walks of life lined the streets, waving flags and cheering as the procession passed by.

The swearing-in ceremony took place on the terrace of the Presidential Palace which overlooked the majestic square, with President Cikniye standing before a sea of eager faces. The Chief Justice of the Lakhzov Supreme Court administered the oath of office, and as the president solemnly repeated the words, a hushed silence descended upon the crowd. The oath was a symbolic moment, signifying the peaceful transfer of power in a nation that had rarely known stability.

Following the swearing-in, the Chief Medaber of Nakim, the spiritual leader of the Emetist faith, ascended the podium. His voice, resonant and filled with ancient wisdom, offered a profound religious prayer, invoking blessings for the nation and its new leader. The people bowed their heads in reverence, a moment of unity transcending the diversity of beliefs in the country.

Finally, President Cikniye stepped forward, his gaze unwavering as he addressed the nation for the first time as its leader. With a voice filled with conviction he said:

"Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed citizens of Lakhzovia, Honoured Guests.

Today, as I stand before you, I am humbled and deeply honored to accept the immense responsibility that you have entrusted in me as your President. Together, we embark on a journey of renewal, unity, and progress—a journey that will define the future of our great nation.

For too long, we have been divided, separated by differences in ideology, belief, and background. But today, we mark the beginning of a new era—a time when our diversity becomes our strength, and our shared vision leads us forward.

I understand the challenges that lie ahead. Our country faces economic disparities that have left many of our fellow citizens struggling to make ends meet. The rural areas, which are the lifeblood of our nation, have often been neglected. It is our duty to bridge these divides, to ensure that every citizen, regardless of where they come from, has the opportunity to thrive.

We also stand at a crucial juncture in our relations with the world. We will engage with the international community while always putting the interests of Lakhzovia and its people first. We will strive for cooperation, not conflict, and build bridges rather than walls.

But let us not forget our heritage. Our cultural identity is what makes us unique, and it is our duty to preserve it for generations to come. We will protect our cultural property, embrace our traditions, and cherish the values that have guided us through the ages.

I stand here today, not as a ruler, but as a servant of the people. I promise to govern with transparency, accountability, and an unwavering commitment to justice. I will seek the wisdom of our diverse nation and work tirelessly to ensure that the hopes and dreams of every Lakhzovian are heard and respected.

In conclusion, my fellow citizens, let us remember that we are one nation, one people, bound by our shared love for Lakhzovia. Together, we will rise above our challenges, and together, we will build a brighter future. With your support, and with the grace of our shared values, we will lead Lakhzovia into a new era of prosperity, unity, and peace.

Thank you, and may the future shine bright upon our great nation."

The crowd in the square below erupted in cheers while a band struck up playing the national anthem after which Cikniye and his guests retreated into the Presidential Palace, up the grand staircase and out onto the roof terrace where refreshments were laid out on tables surrounded by silk cushioned benches under awnings. Fragrant flowers floating in bowls of rose water perfumed the air and a light breeze off of Nakim Bay provided comforting relief from the late summer heat.

Cikniye welcomed his guests to the reception and invited them to refresh themselves. Now would be the time for the real politics, an opportunity to speak more privately with key leaders, and for them to do the same among themselves. Kadassa for all his cunning had always spectacularly failed to understand the inner workings of international relations and how to project Lakhzovia's soft power - Cikniye knew better than to neglect this crucial factor.

(OOC: time to mingle, anyone who wanted to discuss more in detail about projects now's the time)

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2023, 12:28:14 PM »
Taika Sevasi found the show and speech rather a strange combination in a way. Cikniye had spent a lot of time talking about preserving culture and traditions and yet the parade seemed to feature mostly a military parade. He thought of coroantions back home and the canoes, the dances and the poems, very little military showcasing went on. But he supposed each country would have their own template for such an occasion. Then the speech, one designed as far as Taika could gauge for domestic consumption, one sentence on Lakhzovia and its connection to the world. After all the pomp and ceremony was over Taika thought for a moment on what to say before walking over. "I suppose we can now officially say Mr.President to you" he once more extended a hand. "Your speech talked about protecting your people and international co-operation. I'd like to talk about killing two birds with the same stone. In recent months you're nation are the only ones in the Krimeon region to have had any dealings with piracy. The incident sparked the rest of the region to form a coalition that has been focused on protecting maritime shipping and so far as been very successful. I know that the addition of Lakhzovian assets to the coalition would lighten the load for others by sharing it between more nations while also sending a very clear message that piracy is not welcome in the Krimeon at all. Its an easy win for your policy too, you can dress it up as protecting your nations trade and you get an easy way of saying you've got international co-operation."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 05:23:12 PM »
While Albrecht politely clapped, he felt like the new President had left out a lot of hot air while holding his speech. Talking about Unity in a country torn apart from civil war just recently was either a threat of violence or a very bad attempt at pretending everything was peachy. Then there was the military parade. Albrecht loved a good one, but at the Inauguration? Where they trying to showcase their strength to the guests? It felt a little out of touch. Something in the back of Albrecht's mind told him to be weary of the new man, and that he would more than likely slip into the same mistakes so many other hopeful leaders had. 'Reformer to Tyrant was such an easy trap to step into. Even more so when you start out as a terrorist.

Kadassa never quite understood that for all the glamour he tried to project, he never really had much to offer in return. Albrecht waited for the Maori to finish, before he approached the newly minted President:

"Ah, Mister President. An interesting choice for the Ceremony, i got to say. Seeing our friend from the Commonwealth reminded me. Both of us can benefit greatly in the future if transit through your country will be once again possible. Shipping times to and from the north of Aranye might get cut short if we manage to establish a stable train link between our nations, running from the northern to the southern shores. It might not replace every ship and airplane, but it should act as almost a shortcut for some trade goods. That is, of course, if everything will stay calm. We will see if we can mend the connections your troubled past of the last years had torn apart. And i mean it very literal, a lot of your train tracks near us are either dismantled or in such bad shape they might as well be."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2023, 03:36:34 AM »
The festivities of the inaguration had certainly been something for the Empress to take in; certainly such a transition of power in Lakhzovia had not taken place since before her birth and, perhaps, such a transition would never be seen in Rokkenjima itself, as a monarchy. Still, she believed Cikniye  when he said 'I stand here today, not as a ruler, but as a servant of the people. I promise to govern with transparency, accountability, and an unwavering commitment to justice. I will seek the wisdom of our diverse nation and work tirelessly to ensure that the hopes and dreams of every Lakhzovian are heard and respected.' Certainly if he broke his vow, she thought, she would stand with the Lakhzovian People in ensuring they did not endure yet another 36 years of a liar.

When it was her opportunity to speak with the new President the Empress smiled, "Mr. President, I'm glad we meet again," she said with a respectful curtsy, a gesture which would only be acceptable before an equal ally of the First Empire and one she was confident none of her predecessors had displayed before Kadassa; a student of history, she applied the lessons well. "While my predecessors met with Sachim Kadassa, today I have the pleasure of meeting President Cikniye, duly elected leader of the Lakhzov Republic, and I couldn't be happier to have this opportunity. That your term should coincide with the start of my reign is not an accident, no, I feel that it a sign of fate, for the discussions we have today shall shape the future of relations between our states for the next generation, if not more, for I represent the next generation, and while some may view me as naive or simple in my understandings I have been educated beyond boredom in my duties; I know them well by now, I know I need not assure you of that though. I do have one thing to ask of you, care of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, and I have something to promise you upon your acceptance, and I look forward to getting that out of the way so that I may get to know the man who will, hopefully, transform Lahkzovia for the generations to come."

"You see, the IRN desires a greater presence in the Krimeon as it's such a vital link between the First Empire and the Imperial Overseas Dependency of Rishiri. As such, we'll likely see Rokkenjiman vessels utilizing Lakhzovian ports increasingly as they focus operations in the region. They'd like to ensure that the terms of the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord which allow for the joint use of our naval facilities by our respective Navies are not jeopardized by the rhetoric we saw on the campaign trail. To be certain, when Rokkenjiman ships utilize your ports you'll enjoy economic boosts for those localities and, while I feel firm that you will not shirk the duties of the Republic under the terms of the Accord I'd like to be able to go home and tell my Admirals they may rest a bit easier in that regard."

"Sorry to throw this on you all at once, but I must deliver such messages as Empress and as the representative of the First Empire at this function. So, once you've dealt with entertaining your guests, may we get down to business together and then, perhaps, I hope we may put behind us such talks and maybe I can show you some fun upon the Austrana, she concluded with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2023, 12:17:28 PM »

Tornike Gachechiladze found President Cikniye's tune too familiar. It was not, anyway, a very original presentation but hopeful enough. Gachechiladze had observed the inauguration patiently and discreetly.

Once the man from Neu Uburzis and the Rokkenjiman empress ended their conversation with the President, Gachechiladze approached Cikniye. "I am honoured to personally congratulate you for your victory, Mr. President", the representative from the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo said. "Her Most High Majesty Brzdmtsveli Ketevan told me to send you a warm salute. We wish you good luck with your difficult task, bringing prosperity and unity to your nation. His Excellency Brdzeni Kvirkvelia told me to give the official offer to invite you in official visit to our nation at a date of your choosing, as I will be greatly interested to improve our relation and cooperation with your nation".

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2023, 05:06:34 PM »
Cikniye listened to what Taika Sevasi had to say. He was momentarily hesitant to agree to join the coalition fearing it might upset the more radical wings of the Lakhzov Home Party but then he realised he could present it domestically as the coalition coming to Lakhzovia begging for assistance - a powerful statement of Lakhzov's perceived strength. He smiled "Lakhzovia values stability and the rule of law, we have for some time acted as the guardian of the Peniche, and with our significant fleet power it is only natural that a coalition seeking to secure the Krimeon would benefit from our involvement. I will need to discuss the issue with my Ministers, but I do not believe there will be much in the way of objection to the proposal."

Cikniye regarded the man from Lakhzovia's northern neighbour. For three decades contact between the countries had been non-existent, this opportunity to thaw relations and increase Lakhzovia's influence in the region was not to be missed. Even better the proposed rail link would also serve to fulfill the campaign promise to invest in the rural backwaters.

"I am glad you enjoyed the ceremony, as for your suggestion of a trade link, I believe this would benefit both our countries and contribute to the prosperity of the entire region. I will discuss this with my people and have them set a meeting to coordinate some sort of agreement. Perhaps we could have a signing ceremony when it comes to that, in the spirit of new friendships."

The Empress was to the point, Cikniye appreciated that, of course the primary concern was the fleet basing rights that Kadassa had given in the accords. It was a hard sell to the nationalists who wanted this arrangement to end, however he was not so naive as to think Lakhzovia would benefit from tearing up the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord.

"Empress I thank you for your kind words, whatever the fates have in store for us time will only tell. I appreciate your candidness, the Pyrettania-Nakim Accords are of course one of our most important and valued alliances. Though I am afraid that political tempers within the country are not so favourable in regards to the fleet basing rights. The feeling is that as Lakhzovia is not a country that indulges in power projection we have not utilised our fleet basing rights in Rokkenjima, as such the presence of Rokkenjiman ships in Lakhzov ports proves to be quite vexatious due to the lack of reciprocity in practice. Now while we could obviously send ships to sit in one of your ports that seems wasteful, rather I believe a renegotiation of the Accord so that in cases of non-reciprocal usage of rights harbourage fees would apply. I believe if Rokkenjima were to essentially rent the port and rights to dock your fleet there then I could sway enough of the right for it to cease to be an issue."

Cikniye shook Tornike Gachechiladze's hand "Thank you for your kind words. I am honoured to receive you to Lakhzovia. I of course would be delighted to accept the invitation, and I hope this is the beginning of a fruitful relationship between our two countries."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2023, 03:57:55 PM »
Once Albrecht had another chance of getting a word in with the President, he returned him to the notion of the Raillink:

"I am sure both our people right now care little about signing intentions. I think i recall the there's currently five rail links that could be repaired within the next decade. Let's start there and celebrate once we got anything done. Even the quickest fix might easily take at least a year to get done after all. Railways are huge projects even in short pieces. Should your western neighbors plans go forth, we might pool our planning and resources there, maybe even get them to pay for some of both our benefits. If they don't get it off the ground, we can do it ourselves."

Albrecht looked around and gave a smile to some cameras: "If all goes well, we can arrange some trains meeting and Champagne Bottles uncorked with my Cousin as well. Most Papers prefer his face over mine on the Title anyway."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2023, 09:49:59 PM »
"I respect that you're facing some political reckoning over the circumstances surrounding Pyrettania-Nakim," the Empress began, "believe me, I am as well. The Trinitron Attack upon Azukishima-Ashinxao Nuclear Power Station, and the attack upon the Rokkenjiman Embassy remain points of contention with several in the Imperial Government; these are attacks which your predecessor linked to the LDC and Lakhzov Home. It is an open secret that the relationship between our nations largely was sustained upon the personal relationship between Sachim and my mother, now that both of them are out of power I'm certain that, just as we're seeing in Lakhzovia, there are those in Rokkenjima who are looking over what happened in those days, where the money trails lead, and while Teikokutō is a party which is most accommodating to allowing Chrysanthemum Throne great latitude in its actions, they are also highly nationalistic and had great apprehension in my presence for your inauguration."

"Rokkenjima is, first and foremost, a friend to the People of Lakhzovia and those ties will persist regardless I'm sure; the days where the relationship between the Empress and President dictate the overall picture ended when my mother lost the Throne and, later, when Sachim was toppled. To date, there are those responsible for the Trinitron and Embassy attacks who remain unaccounted for in the pursuit of justice. I'm in the uncomfortable position that the intelligence service of another Rokkenjiman ally has tied your own involvement in those actions, so this is a moment where both of us must make a choice and stand by it. I have been gracious in not speaking on these matters as perhaps I should have been, but I realize that I have to make decisions which my predecessors, for whatever reason, were incapable of making. I can stand here, hear what you have to say, or I may return to the Imperial Palace and make what will be difficult decisions. The attacks themselves, the money laundering, the loss of Rokkenjiman life in the Embassy attacks, the apprehension of Teikokutō is now understood by me. Perhaps I'd hoped, as we talked, that you would see my authenticity and come clean, but if your concerns are only those tied to power, if you're capable of concealing all that from me even as I stand before you, what would it matter what deal I could negotiate on the prices Rokkenjima pays to utilize your ports?"

"I remain happy that the People of Lakhzovia finally freed themselves of the reign of Sachim Kadassa, yet I'm now left to wonder what they traded him for. I'm truly tired, sick even, that those who stood before me traded our values so freely over such menial things as this. I'm disappointed in some of my aunts and my mother for doing what they said they couldn't: taking the convenient path over the one difficult and just. Whether or not you admit to what I know is true is on you; but I won't repeat their mistakes. You can either absolve yourself before me and your People, or we can see a drawn-out process which has been long delayed begin to play out. For what it's worth I'm truly sorry it has come to this, but as with each reckoning, the day finally comes and all of us, regardless of our station, must answer its call."

"Enjoy the rest of your day though," the Empress said as she turned, "McKenna, we're going home." She walked slowly in case the new President had something to say in response; indeed, with the carriers the IRN had at its disposal port usage wasn't as crucial, the position of Kalasin allowed for Rokkenjima to operate mostly from home ports after all, and with a renewal of ties between Rokkenjima and East Moreland in front of the Empress she wasn't concerned about the ability of the IRN to refuel and resupply in the North as greatly as her predecessors had been. The so-called "values-based" policy which Rokkenjima had long prided itself upon would be reinstated under her, not just useless lip service, but genuine policy.

As she entered her cabin aboard the Austrana she saw the familiar face of Thomas and collapsed into his arms, taking a moment before speaking, "I missed your face, you know that right?" she asked as she snuggled in beside him. "We're going home, and in the days that come I've got some difficult decisions ahead of me, it'll be a reckoning to be sure but I don't have the luxury of age to preclude me from making them so, here we are, right? It's very likely that in the coming days the Imperial Diet will tear the Pyrettania-Nakim Accords asunder and call upon me to recognize the new Lakhzov President as a state sponsor of terror under the Terrorist Enterprises Act. Whilst leaders from across Mundus wine and dine with him, I'll be applying sanctions upon him and his Government. Never get too involved in government," she paused as she "booped" his nose, "it's a trap."

Beatrice Anselmo