Author Topic: A Clandestine Meeting  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Holmvik

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Holmvik
A Clandestine Meeting
« on: August 04, 2022, 08:31:00 AM »
HAND-DELIVERED

Dear Dr.Robertsson

As you will appreciate as you read this message we would like the contents to be kept between the two of us.

It has been a concern of our Republic that the ultra-strict interpretation of Odinism is in fact an insult to the other Gods. While we share the same pantheon as the Alanders we venerate Freyja above all. As such we believe that our nations could be very compatible as friends and partners however while members of our Republic visiting could blend into your society perhaps more easily than other faiths we would not be fully able to practice our faith. We believe though that you provide the best path for relations between our two countries and and for your own nations future. We would therefore like to see if we can help fund your upcoming political campaign or help in any other way. Should you be willing to meet with me I would appreciate a face to face meeting at a time and place of your choosing.

Best Regards

Rebekka Axelsen
Special Presidential Envoy

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Re: A Clandestine Meeting
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 05:38:28 PM »
Olivia had arranged to meet Rebekka in Uppsala. The rebuilding of the city was still going on but it was in many ways still home to her. The house her now deceased parents had raised her in was now someone elses property. It didn't even look like the home she'd grown up in anymore. At the end of the road was the bakery she'd liked to sit outside as a child smelling the freshly baked goods. Today it was the point where she would meet Rebekka and the two would head to the local tavern, there the landlord was one of her supporters and as such had given her the back room to hold her meeting in. Olivia had looked for a few pictures of Rebekka but it turned out she'd largely avoided media lenses since her youth and so there wasn't really much to go on. Thankfully Olivia was probably had more appearences in the media so she waited for Rebekka to approach her. "Lets grab a drink" Olivia pointed to the pub. To anyone looking on it would appear the young politician wannabe was just meeting a friend for a drink. They headed into the tavern and the landlord showed them into the backroom. It was far too big for just two people and usually hosted private functions but midweek it was usually free. "Two meads please" Olivia ordered and duley the glasses appeared. "May I just begin by saying its an honour to meet you. I know you don't like being out in the public glaze and so such a trip is a big undertaking."

Offline Holmvik

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Holmvik
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 12:38:12 PM »
Rebekka was pleased to see Uppsala was recovering from its misfortunes. When she had agreed to take on the role of a kind of special envoy for the President she had not expected to be meeting someone in secret in a pub back room. Still she took it in her stride and first headed to the bakery and then followed the young doctor to the tavern. Once in the back room with the glass of mead in front of her Rebekkah relaxed a little. "The public are still not something I enjoy, but with time things will be forgotten so until then I'm content to just help out how best I can. For now that means trying to help you. We in Holmvik believe in largely the same faith as you. While you see Odin as the All-Father we believe that Freyja is the true power in the Gods, she after all taught the Aesir the power of seiðr. What worries us is that as we all are Nords the reputation the Alanders have gathered since the disaster here tarnishes all of our culture. We believe our fortunes would change if your nations stance also did. We think the best chance for that to happen is if Ulfsson is replaced, you seem like you might be capable of that so I'm here to see if we can help you. I can offer funding for your campaign depending on the rules your nation has, we can utilise online resources, whatever is within the legallities of your homeland. So what do you need?"   

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 06:25:04 PM »
Olivia was pleased that the Homvikians were supportive. They were the most obvious partners for the Alanders and having them on her side would be useful. "Our reputation is not of huge concern. We believe strongly in doing things our way and not pandering to the desires of others, it was what made us proud of our actions as a nation in Marseille, but the problem is we have become scared that the Gods can't look out for themselves. If people don't wish to follow the Gods then they'll be the ones denied the chance to live with them when their earthly existence ends. We can simply educate and hope." Olivia smiled, "I hope that the movement we've seen among the young continues, their more open to the world than previous generations and unlike them they haven't really experienced anything but a homeland rebuilding, we can be so much better. As for support then I'd welcome it, we can't accept funding but naturally if you have people who can help guide people towards our media, if you can have your leadership make kind remarks about ideas I put in our press then we stand a good chance. Information is what will be important, Steinsson is giving a message of old traditions while I'm trying to look forward, thats what I need to show the people of my nation. Is that something you can support?"