Author Topic: Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review  (Read 36949 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review
« on: April 13, 2019, 12:57:44 AM »

Pharaoh Bektaten Sets Sights On Tamora For Foreign Visit

Pharaoh Bektaten announces her trip to the Tamoran Empire.

Pharaoh Bektaten has announced her intent to call upon the Emperor of Tamora in the coming days for "urgent talks between our Peoples and Nations." Citing her concern over Slava Lavosk's potential weapons program, recent suffering in Royal Seleucid and the heightening of tensions in the region, amongst other issues, the Pharaoh stated that Clysperis "can no longer be a silent voice in the affairs of our region. We have allowed Tamora and Royal Seleucid to bear these issues, and more, for so long that redress is our only recourse. Today, we begin to re-engage our neighbours and look to see where we can help with the crises presently playing out, looking to the leadership Tamora has provided in these troubling times to guide us through our re-integration with our neighbours."

While her father enjoyed an extensive friendship with Emperor Abbas Pharaoh Bektaten has yet to meet formally with the Tamoran Emperor. The visit would come during a period which sees the Empire facing increasing pressure from the international community. "Everyone believes they have the right prescription, and that is often their values and vision for the world. There is no room for compromise with those who feel they hold the moral high ground, for theirs is a mission from high above to enlighten the savages around them. Our Peoples, those of Clysperis and Tamora, did just fine without them for generations, why do they feel they are needed now?"

Trade with the Tamoran Empire has continued despite a number of states imposing sanctions upon Tamora for the practice of slavery. "Just as I know what is best for the People of Clysperis, so too does Emperor Abbas know what is best for the Tamorans. It is folly to believe that someone, on the other side of Mundus, could know a People better than their own ruler. This is one of the reasons Midaranye is thrown into crisis: meddling foreign powers who seek to enrich themselves, or pat themselves on the back in their righteous crusade. We shall not give any mind to their noise."

News In Brief:

An Apne man was sentenced earlier today to the service of the grocery store which he stole $475 in goods over a period of two months through writing checks which were later deemed fraudulent. The ruling places Marwan Tannous to "a period of no less than 190 hours of service to Central Markets, at a rate of $2.50/hour, to repay the value of the goods which were stolen." He will also be required to pay restitution and court fees which may be served in additional servitude should he not possess the funds for those costs.

Pharaoh Bektaten says controversy over whaling practices of Nya Åland is "much ado about nothing. What would Vaguzia have them do, rely upon foreign aid to feed their people when they have the means in hand to do it themselves? Ridiculous. Terrorists are running about their Eastern lands, perhaps look inside your borders before searching for quarrels which you have no business in engaging."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 01:04:44 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 09:47:25 AM »

Recognition Of Theocracy Discussed

Vizier Apherumes sympathizes with the "righteous struggle" of the Theocracy.

The Kingdom has raised the possibility of recognizing the Theocracy of Kaitaine as the legitimate government of Kaitaine, according to Vizier Apherumes. The move would make the Kingdom the second nation to recognize the Theocracy which is fighting to free its homelands from the rule of the Soviet Republic. "Clysperis knows fully what the children of Stalin are capable of," the Vizier said, "from holding people in camps as the Slavans or the chemical terrors rained down by those in Kaitaine, they know no bounds to what offenses they may commit. While I will not share my advice to the Pharaoh I will state that a decision will be made, and it will be announced during her visit to Tamora following the guidance of Emperor Abbas."

Concerns remain that the move would result in swift and certain sanctions being levied upon Clysperis, concerns which the Vizier also spoke upon. "We know what to expect, it's being figured into the decision making process, however, if Tamora can stand strong against the tactics of the 'enlightened powers' so too may we."

News In Brief:

The Kingdom has formally submitted an application to join OPEN (Oil (and Gas) Producing Exporting Nations).

Local authorities have closed the investigation into the death of a Nebpi man who was dragged from his car and beaten violently before being ran over with his car a multitude of times. Despite the severity of the beating investigators established he was alive after being ran over three times. Security footage has established that he made no efforts to avoid striking a cat with his car, an act witnessed by several people. One individual questioned stated "As he struck the cat with his car, thus he was struck with his car, repeatedly." A statement from the Court added "as the penalty for killing a cat is death, justice has ultimately been served, saving the Kingdom the costs of prosecution."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:01:52 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 12:42:52 PM »

Editorial: The Pharaoh In Tamora

"For it is not as the Living Horus that I visit Tamora, no, I come to your lands as a humble guest, seeking to know more of the friends my father spoke always so highly of so that I may return the gratitude of those generations who came before me."

As this message is printed and displayed across various media outlets I'll have already touched down in Tamora, the first foreign visit of my reign. This visit comes at a time not only crucial to the Kingdom, but to Tamora and our region as a whole. Our nations, bound first in blood, hopefully shall be bound in cause and the mutual pursuit of our respective traditions, beliefs and the defense of our unique cultures. For it is not as the Living Horus that I visit Tamora, no, I come to your lands as a humble guest, seeking to know more of the friends my father spoke always so highly of so that I may return the gratitude of those generations who came before me.

Today, Mundus is rife with division: division of belief, division of cause, even division of purpose. The enlightened powers, claiming for themselves a mandate to rectify all of Mundus' woes and ills, thrive on division and where they see difference, they see new avenues of attack. Our nations, through their shared history, have proven beyond any doubt that differences are not something to be feared or shunned, but that strength may be found in honouring our differences just as much as those things that we hold in common, including our respective adherence and reverence to the faiths, traditions and practices which have kept and guided our Peoples for generations. Although our Peoples differ in their system of beliefs, and each hold cherished traditions which would be unknown to the other, the core is the same: that reverence, that adherence, that faith is, ultimately, just as honoured and true to a Clysperi as it is to a Tamoran.

The world around us is changing, and with each passing day it seems that one culture or the other is brought upon the chopping block for one offense or the other. Tamora is perhaps the most sanctioned state today for holding true and refusing to bend its knee to the various powers arrayed against it, to me this is worthy of respect and sets an example to be followed. After all, what are we, who are we, if we are so feckless to give up such great parts of what makes us who we are as a People to appease the sensibilities of foreigners? Who appointed them to determine what is right and just for our Peoples? Once one begins to sell off parts of who they are, where does it end?

Thus, we see why Tamora and Clysperis see such an enduring friendship; whereas others would come to you wearing whichever mask suits their purposes, I come to you wearing no mask with an agenda only in the interests of that friendship, with respect for the faiths and culture of Tamora, and to bring an end to Clysperi silence and stand alongside Tamora as it holds steadfast against the internationalist powers. And through our differences, of which there are many to be certain, we shall cherish them just as greatly as our similarities for they are what makes us strong, unique and treasured throughout Mundus.

Thank you for your hospitality, and your time in reading this message. Through every facet that makes us who we are, I hope we may foster ever greater unity and friendship between our nations.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 06:33:25 AM »

Theocracy of Free Kaitaine Recognized

The announcement from Khemnen Palace came earlier today, extending formal recognition to the Theocracy.

"The Kingdom of Clysperis hereby recognizes the Theocracy of Free Kaitaine as the sole, legitimate government of Kaitaine. From this day henceforth the Kingdom shall endeavour towards friendship and solidarity with this young state and shall assist them in their great struggle against the soulless children of Stalin and the officious Empire of the south," came the statement from Khemnen Palace along with other actions announced by the Government, amongst which included the halting of all sales of petroleum products to Slava Lavosk. "Slava Lavosk must be brought to its knees, as it is clear that no amount of negotiations will bring them back to the sensible realm. If they are unwilling to correct their behaviour, let them be made to thirst for fuel until the pain is so great they have no other recourse."

Vizier Apherumes announced the recognition following a telephone conversation with the Pharaoh, who sought the guidance of Emperor Abbas before making a final decision on the matter. "Their fight, that of the Theocracy, is one we have fought to drive the bastards of Stalin from our homelands. The Kingdom shall have nothing to do with the Soviet regime; no manner of trade, no sporting events, nothing which could lend them any sense of legitimacy on the global stage. In the coming weeks we shall, like our Tamoran brethren before us, seek an exchange of embassies with the Theocracy."

With the announcement of the recognition the Kingdom braced for expected sanctions from Rokkenjima, who have labelled the Bene Gesserit faith and, by extension, the Free Theocracy, as a terrorist organisation. "Let them impose their sanctions," the Vizier said with a chuckle, "remember, first they were sanctioning the Soviets, then reversed course and are now supporting them with billions in aid annually. They then sanctioned Tamora, rescinded sanctions, then re-implemented sanctions once the Empire recognized the Free Theocracy. I could likely tell you what they shall do tomorrow based on the direction of the wind if you'd like. The Kingdom doesn't fear the First Empire's sanctions, but we do condemn their unwelcome interference in Midaranye."

The Vizier indicated that the Kingdom would be open to recognizing the Confederation of Water Nomads. "We've the spawns of Helus, the succubi of Helus, and the heretics all aligned against a group of people who numbers aren't even that of one of our mid-sized cities. As a People who were chased from our homes we won't remain silent and upon further coordination with the Living Horus I will be announcing a decision on their recognition. Notice, though, how the champions of self-determination, all stand silent. Is it the inconvenient connections at play, or is there another reason this group of people aren't worthy of their righteous indignation?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 08:05:40 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Pharaoh Implements Reparations For Soviet Occupation
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »

Pharaoh Implements Reparations For Soviet Occupation

Pharaoh Bektaten announced the reparations, imposing the sentence of servitude upon an initial group of Soviet veterans and their descendants.

Pharaoh Bektaten has announced that the Royal Government is implementing a program of reparations for the Soviet Occupation of the Kingdom of Clysperis, stating "the orphaned children of Stalin have a great debt to pay to our Nation and People; they have offended Ma'at, in every sense. Therefore in the early hours of this morning, under my order, Clysperi Royal Police effected the arrest of 547 individuals who are confirmed Soviet veterans, or the descendants of such, of the Occupation who remain in our borders. Following a quick process through our legal system these individuals have been sentenced to servitude for the rest of their natural lives, and shall be placed in the service of families who lost their loved ones over the course of the Occupation."

"In those cases where the veterans themselves are too old to work, their descendants shall serve the sentence in their place. Is this fair? Of course, for the lives, the time, and everything else which was stolen from my People, it is more than fair. Even with this sentence there are several of our People who never came home or died in some Soviet labour camp. Their service to the families they harmed isn't even enough to fairly compensate my People for their crimes. It is a start to ensuring the reparations we are owed as the Soviet beast no longer exists."

Pharaoh Bektaten claimed that Clysperi Law allowed for the sentences, which were granted to prisoners of war prior to the Soviet Occupation by past Pharaohs. "Such individuals are recognized as a royal resource," she explained, "As such, that resource is being put to work for the People of Clysperis in whatever manner they should see fit." The Royal Government will be pairing families with servants in the coming weeks, and is prepared to make more arrests as more Soviets, or their descendants, are found within Clysperi borders. "Compensation for our pain will be seen, one way or another," the Pharaoh added, "it is a pain all of us share; as such, I shall use any tool in my power for the benefit of my People."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 05:33:27 AM »

Bektaten Responds To King Andrew

""Sovereignty on the terms of these self-appointed guardians is merely subservience under a different name and allow me to call it just what it is: imperialism."

"We live in a world today where tradition is something to be discarded when convenient, faiths interchanged as if they were a fashion statement, and where the self-appointed guardians of freedom and humanity prance around Mundus telling other nations that which they are, and are not, allowed to do. Tonight we see yet another power, the Kingdom of Seaforth, follow in the steps of its internationalist cohorts in again interfering in the internal affairs of a Midaranye nation. First they trained their sights upon Tamora, levied every sanction they could against the Empire, yet it still stands in proud defiance, choosing its faith, tradition and cultural integrity over appeasing these internationalists. Despite their General predicting the Slavan nuclear program, information and insight with which they did absolutely nothing of use, Seaforth was content to sit and watch, yet Clysperis, as a sovereign state, acts within its own borders and the King now feels compelled to action? Perhaps it is understandable, now that the Bastard of Stalin has elevated his power above the Kingdom through harnessing the destructive power of the atom: non-nuclear states are not known for successfully challenging nuclear powers, and perhaps this has bruised the King's ego."

"If we look at the history of this Kingdom we see that the native inhabitants of Seaforth were driven from their lands which these errant children of Cennselig stole through raids, stealing even their names from the pages of history. I am intrigued as to how a nation which has built itself upon a foundation so rotten believes that it may tell any peoples how to conduct their own affairs, let alone assume the mantle of enforcing principles as justice and morality."

"Sovereignty on the terms of these self-appointed guardians is merely subservience under a different name and allow me to call it just what it is: imperialism. The illusion of sovereignty which these powers often hail as having importance of protection or, most often, utilized as a tool when it fits their agenda, it is the not-so naked imperialism of our modern era. For what can one say when a nation on the other side of Cotf Aranye concerns itself so deeply in the internal affairs of another? The Celtic raiders who came to Cotf Aranye, drove and likely killed countless native inhabitants in the process, now sees Clysperis off in the distance, speaking at us about justice and morality? These people know not the definition of either."

"We see this strain of hypocrisy continued during the Illumic Crisis, where the Kingdom proclaimed to the world to 'mind your own damn business'; this time shortly after another internationalist power had to defend 'their' waters and maintain free shipping when Stalin's navies blockaded the Illumic. Then, just as now, the Kingdom falters in the face of challenges of consequence, their Soviet nemesis continues to haunt them to this day. However I say to Andrew, take your own advice and mind your own business, perhaps by addressing the historic injustices of your own people."

"Perhaps the true problem with the Kingdom built upon stolen earth is, in truth, it is rudderless. They are a people who, throughout history, have abandoned the faith of their forefathers, led by a set of gods foreign to them. Even their King has bowed in subservience to the Morelander gods; it is from the head which a fish rots down, and with their King assuming this foreign faith perhaps only the pull of Seaforth's Helusian masters is what compels them to act, and that is a dangerous prospect for us all. The vassals of Helus, embarrassed first by Stalin and now his bastard, levy the favourite tool of the internationalist cohort against those who do not go to their knees in abandoning their culture, faith and traditions to fellate their self-proclaimed saviours."

"Whereas King Andrew encourages his friends and allies to impose their sanctions I appeal to the international community: cast off your chains, for so long as powers such as these Helusian vassals are allowed to act without consequence, we all live on the grace of whatever mood inhabits their halls of power on any given day. Yesterday it was Tamora, today Clysperis, who is to say you won't be the next to offend them and bring their self righteous fire upon them? No, the era of foreign powers sticking their noses into Midaranye whenever they need a boost to their ego, or to show how tough they are in defending misappropriated virtues, must cease."

"I have seen for myself, attending Ashinxao University, the mindset these people have. It's blasted daily from their televisions, their radios, their smartphones, that it is they who stand between order and chaos. Their peoples are chosen, they are blessed, it's sickening how they view the rest of Mundus. I am not intimidated by your sanctions, first came those of Rokkenjima yet we still stand. Unlike you, I do not disregard the wisdom of my forefathers, nor do I determine my faith and principles by what is popular in the era vulgaris. Just as the pyramids continue to stand to this day, so too shall we stand in the face of this challenge. If the winds of time couldn't erode us, the kingdom of thieves won't either."

"Now I do understand he has invited my People to his embassies, and I imagine they may come. Who is to say if those who come aren't criminals, records can be lost from time to time and with the decisions of the King we may not be so compelled to provide such information. I suppose Seaforth may have to sort them for themselves, but it won't be my problem. Thank you for your time."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 04:03:52 AM »

Kemetic Orthodox Congregation, Prince Sue For Mercy

"My verdict is as such: mercy." Pharaoh Bektaten

Answering a summons from the Kemetic Orthodox Congregation, Pharaoh Bektaten has announced that she has sought "congress with the gods to determine the Soviet question." Reports have also surfaced that families approached concerning the program of reparation announced by the Pharaoh showed little interest in accepting the program. "The pain these memories have cost, it still lives to this day. Seeing their faces on a daily basis, no matter the circumstances, is not going to lessen that," one woman said anonymously.

"Prince Naser of Tamora also wrote to me, suing for a measure of leniency to be shown, 'that which they did not show to your people, show to them. Our peoples do not need to impose any sanction upon them beyond that which they've imposed on themselves. Their judgement comes not in this life, but the next. Leave it for their gods, or lack thereof, to sort. Perhaps the descendants may find some purpose in this life beyond the path provided by their forefathers, but let them rise or fall on their own merits.' These are wise words, and they helped in the process leading to this decision as well as my congress with the Goddess. This joint verdict of mercy speaks louder than any punishment or retribution I may have at my disposal, as it is truly in the next life where they shall have to answer for all which was done in this life."

"As such, following my congress with Meretseger and my review of the Prince's letter, I have elected to show mercy. The arrests have ceased, those in custody will be processed out in an efficient manner, and they shall be provided transport to either the self-proclaimed Soviet Republic of Kaitaine or Slava Lavosk; whichever wishes to take them. They are not a native people to my lands and belong with their people, among those who share their customs and traditions, and those who speak their mother tongue. In this, the final chapter of the Soviet era in my nation may be cast to the pages of history, and we may all proceed with our lives."

Addressing a question of the sanctions levied by Seaforth the Pharaoh was brief: "Their reason for casting their eyes upon Clysperis no longer remains; the Soviets are free to go as they please and we'll provide the airfare for their destination of choice. I believe some have pursued Seaforthian embassies until such arrangements are in place. It would be unwise for these imperialists to view their loose utilization of acts of war as a successful strategy, however, and confuse our mercy for subservience. I, Sovereign of Sovereigns, do not bow to any little king who raises his voice; that the casus belli behind these actions is removed is but a side effect. The Kingdom of Seaforth may now focus its energies instead upon its own house and region, and leave Midaranye to its rightful masters: its native peoples."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 09:16:53 AM »

Clysperis Rules Out MCUR, International Organisations

The Kingdom of Clysperis is reviewing a host of international treaties as it emerges from a period of isolation, however, the list of treaties which are not to be signed have already been indicated. "The Kingdom of Clysperis is considering several treaties, but has ruled out the MCUR, the Commonwealth Treaty and the Charter of the CMA. The MCUR is a devil of a treaty, for all of Mundus is not one homogeneous society with which one set of standards may be applied. The Kingdom of Clysperis shall not sign its name to a treaty which imposes clear examples of cultural imperialism over its people."

This has been a brief of the CSMC.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 11:09:14 PM »

Great Spynx To Be Restored

The Great Sphynx, disfigured during the Soviet Occupation of Clysperis, is slated for a complete restoration.

Khemnen Palace has announced that the Great Spynx will be fully restored while also announcing that it would be seeking to secure foreign funding to supplement domestic streams of revenue to complete the restoration. "The Great Spynx, partially destroyed during the Soviet occupation, will see a program of complete restoration," the Palace shared with CSMC. "Through domestic and foreign revenue this cultural icon of Clysperis will once again stand as it did when completed, free of the blemishes of our occupation."

"So offended by the perseverance of Clysperi society, the godless Soviets looked upon the Sphynx with much disdain. That their civilization could produce nothing which could compare, they first smote the Sphynx in destroying its nose. The only act which saved it from further destruction was a rebuke from the gods themselves. A rare Clysperi thunderstorm ensnared the region the day after, seeing lightning strike which killed a Soviet occupier involved in the disfigurement of the Sphynx. After this, their disrespect for the Sphynx was shown less often, reduced to spitting or kicking the monument, but none dare remove anything from it."

The restoration does not yet have a price tag affixed, nor a timeframe, however the Palace stated it would keep the public updated on the progress of the restoration efforts.

In other Palace developments the Kingdom of East Moreland was condemned for its support and apparent sales of arms to the Soviet Republic. "The denial of the Helusians rings hollow, just as their support for the bastards of Stalin shows how hollow character of their nation truly is. They may issue any denial they wish, however, until the Helusians refrain from interfering in matters beyond their remit they shall know only the ire of the Kingdom of Clysperis. Should the Theocracy require anything we, like our Tamoran brethren, stand ready to oblige."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 06:55:23 AM »

Khemnen Palace Announces Executions Of Traitors

General Amersis and Admiral Pra-en-amen, the highest ranking officers to be executed in nearly a century for the crime of treason.

A General and Admiral were executed today for "high crimes and treason" against the Kingdom of Clysperis, according to Khemnen Palace. General Amersis of the Royal Clysperi Army and Admiral Pra-en-amen of the Royal Clysperi Navy were both burned alive for their crimes, which the Palace has confirmed involved "plots to usurp the authority of the Pharaoh and institute a liberal agenda." Twelve officers joined them at the pyre for the crime of treason, being personally involved in the plots against our Pharaoh and the Gods. "These men, in the pursuit of their lust of power and influence, have received their just reward. For betraying the gods themselves these men have been denied the afterlife," the Palace said in a press release.

Since the death of Ramses V rumours have often surfaced of plots against his daughter, Beketaten-Hesy-Re, although to date nothing had been confirmed. Clysperi investigators revealed that they had been looking into these plots since their discovery and, being confident in the case they had built, brought charges before the Royal Clysperi Court for prosecution. With the evidence in hand, a verdict of guilty was soon returned and the men executed in the days which followed.

"To raise against our Pharaoh is to raise against Clysperis, and the will of the gods themselves," Vizier Apherumes stated to our reporters. "That the Generals had led this group of officers down this path is sad, however, we must remain united as a nation based on its laws, principles and beliefs. These men defied the will of the gods, as such, they will not know the afterlife. Through these actions, the Government of Beketaten-Hesy-Re has preserved Ma'at from those who would upset it."

The Palace said that various investigations were proceeding and would result in further actions if deemed necessary. "Our adversaries, whether domestic or foreign, must be addressed with the same zeal. We will not allow the Kingdom to be threatened by any force, whether they come from within or outside of our borders."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 05:57:33 PM »

Mosque Vandalized In Nebpi; Manists Beat In Khemnen

A mosque in Nebpi was vandalized late last night with messages such as "Muslims go home," "not welcome," "you're not stealing Clysperis too," and "Beketaten lays with dogs" spray painted all over the mosque. Inside, the vandals left a seen of wreckage, leaving almost nothing untouched as they made their way through the mosque. While they attempted to burn the mosque to the ground the manner in which they built the fire saw it smother itself before growing to a point of concern. Nebpi Metropolitan Police are currently reviewing footage of the neighbourhood and will be seeking the identities of those involved.

In two other acts of religious intollerance two Manists, one man and one woman, living in Khemnen were dragged from their homes and beaten in the streets; the woman suffered several broken bones, while the man was thrown into the Ḥ'pī and left to drown in a state of unconsciousness. Bystanders who witnessed the man being dumped into the river were quick to act, dragging him to the shores and alerting local authorities to the attack. He remains in Khemnen Central Hospital in 'critical' condition; the names of both Manists are being withheld at this time, however they have been shared with the Tamoran Government.

"These vile attacks aren't representative of who we are as Clysperi," Pharaoh Beketaten said of the attacks. "When I was alerted to these acts I wept; that people in my country are harming our brothers and sisters and defacing others houses of worship." In the hours after the defacing of the mosque the Pharaoh, along with her security detail, were on hand at the Nepbi mosque; helping to pick up the pieces inside and bringing fresh paint to remove the messages painted on the mosque.

"Those responsible for this," she said as she pointed to 'Beketaten lays with dogs,' "shows who the animals are in this. I have informed the Imam that anything he should need will be provided, while also ordering local police agencies across the Kingdom to protect our mosques just as they would one of my temples. I am also proclaiming now that these individuals will be found, they will be charged, and they will face the same punishment as if they had defiled one of my own Temples: they shall be burned and shall not know the afterlife. I said you'd be made an example of and you decided to test my resolve? So be it."

Pharaoh Beketaten is presently on her way to Khemnen Central Hospital and early reports indicate she has requested Prince Naser to join her. "Clysperis loves its Manist brothers and sisters, it loves its Muslim Clysperi, and we're going to show them. Those involved in these vicious beatings will be punished accordingly, and I've a target or two for them to try to beat. It'll be just as fair as the position they placed their victims in."

CSMC will follow these developments closely. No word has been received on the arrival of His Royal Highness Prince Naser at time of publication.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 07:50:36 AM »

Abasi Bahar Apprehended By Brave Citizen

Chaths Sarkis and Abasi Bahar, of which Abasi Bahar is confirmed as being in Clysperi custody.

One of the two men involved in the vicious beatings of two Clysperi Manists are in custody tonight following a dash to the Clysperi Embassy District. Salma Antar, who had recognized Bahar from the Pharaoh's Tweet, chased him down as he ran for what appears to be the Achkaerinese Embassy, tackling him before he could reach its grounds. "I saw him and I knew I had to act quickly," she recalled to CSMC. "I shouted at him to stop, but he refused; so I lunged at him with speed and by the will of the gods I took him to the ground."

Bahar wouldn't rise from the tackle, offering some struggle although he was reported to have hit his head in the fall. Onlookers couldn't be certain if he had suffered the strike in the fall or if Antar had struck his head against the pavement herself. "Even if she did, she did so to subdue an animal," one officer shared with CSMC, "She'd face no charges in her upholding of Ma'at." Bahar is in the custody of Khemnen Police pending a rendering of his sentence.

Pharaoh Beketaten praised Salma and Khemnen Police in "seeing Bahar removed from our streets, a coward who may drag sleeping Clysperi from their beds to beat them yet runs from the force of justice. Once his accomplice is in our custody their sentences shall be rendered together and, I say this with full conviction, that I will ensure no one else should set a foot in their path. It's only a matter of time before Sarkis is found, and the very soil of Clysperis shall act to ensure he is denied any refuge he may seek."

"These men sow evil, they sow division, yet all Clysperi should look to the example set by Salma Antar in confronting them swiftly, with force, and without hesitation or mercy. Khemnen Police, under the supervision of my local Priest, are seeing that Bahar will be transfered to a holding facility on the Palace grounds until he's joined by Sarkis. A proper and fitting reward will be granted to Salma, the nature of which I shall discuss with her in the coming days. To be certain, her work in the service of the gods will be met with a most fitting reward; tonight, all Clysperi are Salma, for her actions represent our true common spirit."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 06:34:18 AM »

We Are Not A Problem To Be Handled; A Midaranye Declaration Of Independence

The Pharaoh delivered a surprise address to the Kingdom in which she declared a stance of defiance against the 'noble superpowers' of Mundus.

In common discussion amongst those in the homogeneous world Midaranye is often viewed as a problem which must be dealt with, or a challenge which their leaders must solve. Both of these notions go to the very root of why I speak out so forcefully: these enlightened superpowers believe that a region which they are not a part of, indeed in all cases actually, one which they don't even border, is an area of concern which they have to address. This ignores the fact that Midaranye is comprised of several native peoples, ruled by several sovereign governments, all of which are capable of addressing the needs of Midaranye. Our Midaranye is not a problem for you to deal with, it is not a problem for you to solve, nor is it a 'concern' which is your responsibility to address; indeed it is most certainly not a domain in which you, or your rulers, have any say or influence over.

No matter how they dress themselves, with purported values of equality and universal rights, these powers trample over the rights of sovereign states to govern themselves in accordance with their traditions and cultures unless, as is the case of the Maori, you placate them, serve their interests and in doing so buy their protection. As we saw with Seaforth, one of the most outspoken of critics of Midaranye nations and their cultures, who elected to celebrate holidays through the implementation of sanctions against Tamora, or when King David of East Moreland spoke of Morelander concerns for Midaranye whilst proclaiming that a "...Midaranye that is free of slavery, religious intollereance and nuclear weapons" is the "dream of Helus" which they must "work to try and...bring about." Excuse me, but let me stop you right there.

The dreams of your 'god' are irrelevant outside of the borders of your Kingdom; it is not Helus who commands the fate of Midaranye, or you for that matter. What happens within the borders of Tamora are for its Emperor and People to determine, in accordance with the teachings of the Prophet. You are entitled to be offended by slavery, but you are not entitled to enforcing your views, principles or beliefs upon Tamora and its People because of your offense. Tamora is a sovereign state, just as East Moreland is, and despite the many attempts of East Moreland and its Helusian minions Tamora remains standing in proud defiance of the cultural genocide which East Moreland and its ilk would wish to visit upon Midaranye.

When will such foolish leaders learn that the era where their word was the law beyond their borders is long over? They cling to an era where their word, backed by the might of their arms or coin, extended imperialism beyond physical control and occupation. Today employing the power of their 'Cult' to occupy hearts and minds, or principles exported from their lands and forced upon Peoples who have no want nor desire to assimilate into this growing mass devoid of native cultures and directions. Countless peoples removed from their roots as a flower cut from a plant, made to sip upon the words of Helus as water in a vase, only it cannot sustain them; inevitably, they wilt and die, fading into the mass of the Cult itself.

Or we've the self-proclaimed 'Born Again Sons of Helus', who arrived on the coasts of Aranye from Ui Cennselaig, forcing the native Peoples from their lands to build the Kingdom of Thieves. When King Andrew cast his eyes upon Clysperis and imposed sanctions in response to the internal affairs of the Kingdom of Clysperis he was merely honouring his heritage: both as the King of a People who look well beyond their own affairs, and as a Son of Helus who views the world around him as his birthright: if it is not prescribed by his faith, it must be wrong, yes? Thus he's compelled to act, removed from his native lands, the faith of his forefathers, on soil that rightfully belongs not to him or his Ardian peoples, he shows the world that he will act upon principles he has no understanding of while incorporating the Kingdom of Thieves as an effective satellite of the Helusian Empire.

Speaking of Midaranye we've the Holy Empire of Achkaerin while, not a Helusian satellite itself, effectively dedicates its existence to the upholding of its world order at the expense of its fellow Aranye peoples. Instead of using its myriad international treaties and respectable positions in economic and diplomatic power in the support of those it shares a continent with, the Holy Empire is content in remaining a complacent bystander who few could be forgiven for suspecting it of holding vast sympathies for its traditional Helusian allies and their pursuits upon the world stage. Like many of this cartel of nations it views itself as a shining city on a hill, a bastion which holds values superior to those who live in the darkness of the world around it. Historically it has inserted itself into conflicts and situations across Mundus and, while not as outspoken as their allies, is most certainly not a part of any solution to checking the ambitions of these powers.

I have digressed, however, such matters are an intricate web which can touch upon countless tangents as one looks at the whole sum of the situation as it presently stands. To be certain there are shimmers of light such as Nyx, a state which thus far stands as a stark contrast to the Sons of Helus and his countless bastards. A state which has an interest in addressing the historic injustices imposed upon Midaranye by foreign powers, has put its money where its mouth is, and offers an example which is woefully lacking in Mundus. As I said before, returning to my original statement, Midaranye is not a problem, challenge or puzzle to be solved by foreign powers playing their games.

We are a region of countless unique cultures and traditions which have withstood the tests of time, standing today where many around us have either faded or assimilated (by force or otherwise) into other cultures.

We are a region which is home to many Peoples, who are the legitimate masters of the destiny of Midaranye and, obviously, their nations. It is not the place of a Morelander, Seaforthian, Rokkenjiman, Cennselaig or even Achkaerinese monarch to determine its fate, or what transpires within the borders of Midaranye's sovereign nations.

We are a region of principles and beliefs, perhaps not your principles and beliefs, but they're just as valid and worthy of defense as those you and your leaders espouse.

We are Midaranye, and we declare our irrevocable independence. Not that it had to be declared or that it didn't exist before, however, so long as your lot remains focused upon attempting to exert all manners of influence upon Midaranye perhaps it's best that we ensure that you get the memo. Nor do we require your validation for this statement of fact. Be aware that as strongly as you push upon our Peoples and Nations your beliefs and morals, we shall push back and, following the example of Tamora, we shall not yield an inch of our land or even a sliver of our souls to your rule.

Perhaps we shall see a day where the tables are turned, one in which Midaranye is in a position to impose upon you as you have imposed upon it, to intervene in your sovereign affairs as you've interfered in ours. Instead of imposing, intervening and declaring our right over your Peoples and Lands, we'll leave you be; as I've tried to make clear your ways are not our ways. What happens in Seaforth is not consequential to the Clysperi People, and if only you shared that wisdom in kind, maybe Mundus would be the better place the noble superpowers so wish it to be.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 05:20:29 AM »

Beketaten-Hesy-Re Opens Up On Her "Inspiring" Best Friend

The Pharaoh has been exchanging letters with a Hesikhen girl whom she calls "my best friend."

Sitting down with CMSC Pharaoh Beketaten-Hesy-Re answered a variety of questions, however, one topic took centre stage as she described her relationship with Soraya Danesh, a young Manist who lives in the Southern city of Hesikhen. Here's the touching excerpt.

"Recently I've had the most interesting exchange of letters I've had in some time. You see there is this brilliant 14 year old girl, Soraya Danesh, from the southern city of Hesikhen. She comes from a Manist family and following the attack she was concerned that something like that could happen in her city and, of course, she didn't understand "why they hate us." Those words, coming from a young girl, impacted me so deeply. Our young should not be asking why they are hated, nor should they have to worry that they, or a loved one, will be pulled from their homes and beaten, or worse.

"I told her that I don't have all the answers, but that when they attacked her fellow Manists, they attacked Clysperis too. "Clysperis is built of her People," I wrote, "for without our People what is a nation? That includes you, your family, Clysperi Manists, Clysperi Orthodox, and Clysperi Muslims. So when these beasts attacked those people in my City, they attacked all of us, they attacked Clysperis, and showed that they in fact hate Clysperis. They are afraid and lashing out in the only manner they know how, and they're hoping that others will follow in their footsteps. They saw that I would not abandon any one of my People, even if they don't share our native faith, and if that makes me a dog in their eyes I'll use my fangs, claws, and strength to keep and guard our People and wear that name as a badge of honour."

"But that hasn't happened, exactly: just as I've received your letter I've also received countless letters from across the Kingdom and know that those who love all Clysperi vastly outweigh those who cling to hate and fear. When you're outside, look around you, and you'll see brothers and sisters surround you. Sisters like Salma Antar, who brought one of the beasts off their feet and helped ensure his capture as he ran from justice. You aren't hated, you're loved and protected, and I will do all I can to make sure our Clysperis is safe for our Peoples."

"After a while our conversations strayed, she writes me to this day," the Pharaoh says with a broad smile. "The presence of a Tamoran Prince in Clysperis was something she was ecstatic about, and she also asked if I would help her to visit Tamora one day. She has also conveyed her wishes to meet the Supreme Ayatollah, "I could learn so much even if it was just a minute. To be there in person for one of his sermons would be, I don't have words for it."

"I told her I don't hold sway on such matters, but I would pass her words along and see that she may at least have her visit to Tamora. To see her strength, resolve and adherence to her faith at such a young age moved me. We pray to different gods, yes, but the conviction she holds in her faith can only be described as inspiring. We're still arranging a day for her to visit Khemnen Palace, or for me to visit her home, I've left it up to her to decide and will be happy either way. Until then we'll have our letters, and I always look forward to reading the next to follow from my new best friend."

"This is why the news of a higher percentage of Manist Clysperi is one I welcome: we're not a society that puts one faith above all others at their expense, at the end of the day, we recognize our bonds as Clysperi do not cease based upon our faith. It puts things into a new perspective really, and reading Soraya's words has been both motivating and comforting. I look forward to our meeting in person, as well as seeing her dreams of visiting Tamora become a reality. Our unlikely friendship, one I treasure dearly, is why I speak with great confidence in proclaiming that those aligned against us will fail."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 04:20:48 AM »

Manistphobic Duo Sentenced To Death

Chaths Sarkis and Abasi Bahar shall die, says Pharaoh, for their offenses against the gods and Ma'at.

Chaths Sarkis and Abasi Bahar shall be beaten and thrown to crocodiles, as prescribed by the sentence imposed by Beketaten-Hesy-Re. "The evidence against them is irrefutable, their actions an affront to the justice and order of Clysperis, and their attempted flight from justice most contemptible. These vermin shall be beaten by a pair of the strongest men I may find amongst my Royal Guard, after which they shall be thrown into the waters of the Ḥ'pī, where they shall either drown or be consumed by crocodiles. Any remains shall be gathered and burned, ensuring these beasts know no afterlife. Thus I, Beketaten-Hesy-Re, do hereby proclaim in upholding Ma'at."

Beketaten-Hesy-Re explained that the severity of the sentence imposed was necessary, "given the nature of their crimes against our brother and sister, their attack against the Kingdom of Clysperis itself, and their affront to the gods themselves in upsetting justice, order and balance. As they beat their victims so too shall they be beaten, and where they would leave a man to drown in the Ḥ'pī, so too shall they be left. Left to drown or to be consumed; either fate the river decides for them shall represent the will of the gods. Once justice has been rendered their remains shall be burned, ensuring a most permanent end to their existence, in this life and the one which follows."

The Pharaoh raised the prospects that the sentence would be carried out on live television, "to ensure those who would consider taking up their actions know the end result of their works of iniquity. These actions are unwelcome in Clysperis, those who harm my People will be made an example of until there are none left who would dare raise their fist against a Clysperi due to their faith. This crisis will not be allowed fester into a cancer upon the soul of our nation, we put an end to this now, starting with two animals who shall be destroyed in every manner of the word."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 07:18:31 PM »

August 10th Set As Execution Date

The executions of Caths Sarkis and Abasi Bahar have been scheduled to take place on August 10th in Khemnen, on the banks of the Ḥ'pī. Workers from the Palace could be witnessed constructing what appears to be a platform with fencing around it as well as a seating area to the immediate front of the platform. With easy access to the Ḥ'pī it is clear to see the trajectory both men will take into the river where, as Beketaten-Hesy-Re proclaimed, they will either drown or be consumed alive by the crocodiles. The mood in Khemnen is one of anticipation, to see these two men receive their reward for the crimes commited by their hands and restore order, justice and balance to the Clysperi nation. Although not confirmed by Khemnen Palace at this time rumours have pointed to a Tamoran presence to witnessed this dispensing of justice.

The Pharaoh will personally be on hand to oversee the execution, after which she is expected to return to the Palace for a ceremony which will see Salma Antar elevated to nobility for her actions which brought Abasi Bahar into custody and denied him the refuge he sought in the Achkaerinese Embassy. "Without her brave actions, Bahar could have taken up a shield to protect him from the force of justice. Thanks to her quick thinking and forceful actions, however, he shall know no refuge and will be brought to justice in two day's time. Salma is an inspiration to all Clysperi and sets a stellar example of what we should all aspire towards: putting the service of the nation, our brothers and sisters, and the order of the gods before all else."

CSCM will be carrying live coverage of the executions.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2019, 07:09:10 AM »

Pharaoh Addresses Speculation Regarding Tamoran Prince

"Nothing inappropriate took place between us, such speculation is beneath Clysperi" the Pharaoh stated.

Beketaten-Hesy-Re recently opened up to our reporters over concerns surrounding speculations regarding her relationship with Prince Naser of Tamora. Below are exerpts from her statements to CSMC.

"I recognize, more than most, the complications which the image of Prince Naser taking my hand into his own raise, as well as the implications a relationship between us poses for both our nations," the Pharaoh stated to CSMC. "All I can say is this, the Prince is a fitting example of why Tamora is such a special nation, and why its People are held in such high esteem in the Kingdom of Clysperis. Throughout his time in the Kingdom he showed nothing but respect, reservation and an adherence to his values that I can hold as nothing but remarkable. In all our moments together, Prince Naser never pursued anything that would be inappropriate or dishonouring of his faith or culture; I wouldn't allow him to risk his, and his families, reputation for such pursuits, and he showed his reverence in not making such pursuits during his time within the Kingdom."

The Pharaoh continued, "I love Tamora, I love its People, its Emperor, and I love that despite the full might of the internationalist forces aligned against it that it refuses to bow in submission. Clysperis, despite our age as a civilization, often looks to Tamora as a younger brother would look to his older brother, and I have no shame in saying that because Clysperi, despite a difference in faith, are very much aligned with Tamorans on so many issues, causes and beliefs that it's almost as if our Peoples were separated at birth. And there have been many within Clysperis who have speculated what transpired between myself and Prince Naser, and this is my opportunity to say nothing inappropriate transpired; the Prince was, as to be expected of a Safavid, a gentleman without an equal. He supported me through difficult times, yes, but only as a man would be expected to in the situations I, and our nation, faced."

"Those who spread rumours, who speculate, diminish his reputation as well as that of my Throne. Do I view Prince Naser as a special person who has gone out of his way to assist not only Clysperis, but the Manists who proudly call Clysperis their home; I do view him as special, for generations his family has produced a line of fine descendants and it shows in his demanour. Do I love him, that is not a question you should be asking of me at this time, and one I can only answer with 'yes'. I love Prince Naser, as my father, Ramses V, always held his family in such high regard. I love him for his humanity, his dedication to Midaranye and our shared values, and I love and value him as an ally as our lands face an unprecedented assault from the world around us. Is there anything inappropriate in such love? Must you look into each relationship with Lodjan eyes, hoping to find some form of lustful scandal lurking beneath the surface?"

A recent CSMC poll shows that Prince Naser, if romantically involved with the Pharaoh, would find a receptive audience. Some 87% of the Clysperi populace holds a positive opinion of Prince Naser, while 72% stated they would welcome Prince Naser as their King irregardless of religious differences. This later statistic is most remarkable as not one Clysperi monarch has taken a foreigner to be their spouse, let alone one who wields power over the Kingdom. As the rumours go that the Pharaoh is enamoured by Prince Naser, perhaps it is the Clysperi People themselves who are in fact swooning for the Prince from the South.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 09:02:39 PM »

Nafu Declared Free Trade Port, Phase 2 Of Setri Project

Following the announcement of Setri the Pharaoh has revealed Phase 2 of her economic program, which involves the port city of Nafu.

Following the announcement of a new financial capital for the Kingdom of Clysperis Beketaten-Hesy-Re has proclaimed the City of Nafu, which will be less than a half hour's drive from Setri, to be "a port of free trade, with taxes and fees which would otherwise be imposed on materials, products or raw resources moving into, or out of it, being waived. Furthermore, in order to expand economic opportunities and spur foreign and greater business interests, the Clysperi Special Economic Zone will be expanded to include the City of Nafu, offering benefits and advantages today with an eye to the future of Setri. It is my hopes that upon the completion of Setri Midaranye shall see the fruition of its own tri-city megalopolis; a centre of economic growth, a hub of trade for the Gulf of Safraen and the northern seas, and fertile grounds for manufacturing and innovative industries."

Khemnen and Nafu boast some of the best infrastructure throughout the Kingdom, a fact which influenced the positioning of Setri about half-way between the established cities. "Utilizing Khemnen and Nafu utilities until the completion of Setri's electrical systems will enable swifter progress for the Project while, following its completion, we hope to see the grid between the three cities upgraded to Setri standards," a statement from Khemnen Palace read. "Setri represents our future vision while Nafu is a city which has stood for centuries and very much represents the history of our Kingdom well. This marriage of our past with our future sets a comprehensive vision for the economic agenda of the Pharaoh."

When asked regarding the announcement coinciding with the announcement of Royal Seleucid's Midaranye FTZ, Khemnen Palace denied notions of competition. "The Setri Project is a multi-phase project," a spokesperson for the Palace shared with CSMC, "as such, it is not one of competition with fellow Midaranye states. If anything, the efforts are ultimately complimentary and offer yet further roads into Midaranye. We're confident that just as the fertile soils of the Ḥ'pī region brought forth an era of economic and agricultural development in the Kingdom, they shall again give birth to a new period of economic growth and opportunity throughout Clysperis and beyond."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 06:53:24 AM »

Mundus Declaration Of Universal Rights Privelege

Shortly before her departure for Tamora the Pharaoh offered her views on the MCUR.

Beketaten-Hesy-Re spoke with our reporters before her visit to the Tamoran Empire, offering a stern critique and rejection of one of the pillars of the internationalist order, the MCUR. Her remarks follow:

"If we look at the MCUR, that treaty so cherished by the internationalist cartel, we can see how the present order wraps their domination in flowery language and images of advancing the rights of all. They feel that a document written, and agreed upon, by a handful of nations is the sole arbiter of such standards, as if our rights as people do not come from our creators themselves. This document is then used to legitimize interventions in sovereign nations, the implementation of tarrifs upon nations who wish nothing to do with it and, in essence, it becomes the badge of those who view themselves as the Mundus International Police Force. Nations who sign this document, although it contains no clause which enables its enforcement upon non-signatories, are then called upon to enact sanctions upon nations who do not 'live up' to its standards, despite their lack of a signature or any involvement with it whatsoever.

The Mundus Convention on Universal Rights is perhaps more appropriately the Mundus Convention on Universal Privilege, as it grants the internationalist cartel an apparent monopoly on what constitutes a "universal" right and, as such, their universal right to intervene in the affairs of any nation they feel runs afoul of their set of standards, the consequences be damned. It thus matters not who has signed the MCUR as those who have signed it are bound to act in the defense of these rights, despite as I have said before the lack of any such clause to empower or compel MCUR signatories to act in such a manner. We must again look to Tamora, and the paradox the cartel have created for themselves as they attempt to "solve" the "problem" of Tamora.

Nations such as Seaforth and Paracambi have been outspoken in their opposition to the Tamoran institution of slavery, wishing so desperately to effect an end to slavery in Tamora. In their pursuit of this goal they utilize sanctions (which are in fact an act of war) that unduly impact every day Tamorans, pushing perhaps another generation into slavery that would not have been in that position had said sanctions not been imposed. They know damned well that their sanctions are the cause of economic troubles in Midaranye, they know full well that economic turmoil has pushed people into slavery, yet they insist that their sanctions will effect an end to slavery in Tamora. This shows us that, as I have said before, these people do not care about our people until they are useful to them as political pawns; tools to enable the enforcement of their agenda and the execution of their self-ascribed right to enlighten the savages around them.

This says nothing of the unequal application of the MCUR, which aside from banning slavery also so happens to ban torture in the preceding article (No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.) While I have no personal position on the system of justice implemented by the Iwi, I will take a position where these nations use one article of their beloved MCUR to try to strangle Tamora while, at best, offering some stern words to the Iwi when they violate the very spirit of the immediately preceding article. Some even go so far as to recognize the brutality as fitting their own criteria as 'torture, inhumane or degrading treatment or punishment' yet, nothing is ever done beyond words shared. Where are the widespread condemnations of the Iwi? Where are the sanctions from our arbiters of universal rights to maintain the rights of those sentenced in the Iwi? Hypocrites, the lot of them.

"It's their culture," they'll say, ignoring the cultural and religious institutions of Tamora in the same breath, yet it is this very argument they employ against Tamora. Perhaps the 'rights deprived' to the Iwi do not have the same political value as the 'rights deprived' of a Tamoran? Perhaps if Tamora held the friends which the Iwi hold we would be speaking of a very different set of circumstances. However, as it stands, those who are on favourable terms with the Priveleged Few may act as they wish, their culture is protected and enshrined above the principles they protest so loudly for. These nations don't wish to end slavery in Tamora, their goal is to destroy a nation which doesn't prescribe to their order, their agenda, and they'll hurt every Tamoran they must in the pursuit of their long game.

Our Peoples are not granted a set of rights by a piece of paper waived about by nations who hold themselves above all others, but by our Creators. The MCUR as it is presently interpreted in the halls of Valtheim and its cohorts is merely a tool, one which they feel grants them some manner of authority to act beyond their remit. When international accords are used as weapons in this manner they lose any legitimacy they may have once had, although in the case of the MCUR I feel I can safely say that it is neither applicable to the whole of Mundus, the rights it professes are not in fact universal, and it seeks the further homogenization of the various cultures of Mundus who are neither oppressed or crying out for a savior.

The only way such a debased order gets dismantled, and the only way we can protect our Peoples, is to remove the power the privileged have stolen from the community of nations. I have ideas on how we may go about pursuing a future liberated from the hands of the few, and they are ideas I will discuss with Emperor Abbas and others in the coming weeks. We cannot pass down a Mundus to our children in which a chosen few dictate the course of the whole of Mundus. It begins with recognizing that the MCUR isn't about the rights of human beings, but the "right" these nations have carved out for themselves to act as our rulers, with all the arrogance and ceremony of the grand empires which preceded them.

Thank you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 10:36:32 AM »

Clysperis Imposes Sanctions Upon Lakhzovia

"As with any small dog that yaps and bites at your ankle you kick it aside and send it home to its master." Pharaoh Beketaten-Hesy-Re warns Kadassa.

Pharaoh Beketaten-Hesy-Re finalized Clysperi sanctions against the Lakhzov Republic prior to her departure for Tamora, according to Khemnen Palace. "Any state which aligns itself with one of Stalin's bastards is clearly a threat to the Clysperi people. That the Lakhzov Republic has declared its open interference in the affairs of Midaranye, specifically its stance of hostility against the Tamoran Empire, the Kingdom of Clysperis has no choice but to recognize the Lakhzov Republic as an aggressor. From this moment henceforth the Kingdom shall prohibit Lakhzov imports and exports, bans Lakhzov nationals from travel to the Kingdom of Clysperis, and hereby severs all diplomatic ties between the Kingdom and the Republic. Furthermore, the Lakhzov Shekel shall not be accepted for any petroleum transactions. Sales of petroleum, natural gas, and other by-products of the Clysperi Petroleum industry shall be prohibited to the Lakhzov Republic and Lakhzov businesses."

"The Lakhzov Republic, yet another nation on the other side of Cotf Aranye, believes that it has a right to intervene in the affairs of our region without consequence. In the past President Kadassa has espoused Manistphobic language, slighted the good reputation of the Tamoran Empire, and downplayed the network of internment camps as well as the barbaric execution of Dilara Haghighi, calling her an "appalling individual." Slava Lavosk is not a victim, it is a rabid animal which consistently bares its fangs against the Tamoran Empire and oppresses people simply for their Tamoran ancestry. President Kadassa would best be served by removing his nose from Midaranye, as Lakhzov interference in Midaranye will not be tolerated. Should present measures prove insufficient for him to heed this message we shall explore further options to bring this undue influence in Midaranye to an end."

In a session with reporters the Pharaoh scoffed at suggestions that taking such a firm approach toward Lakhzovia may be unwise. "Lakhzovia doesn't intimidate me, their "closest allies" already have the Kingdom and the Empire under the strongest sanctions they can muster yet we still stand. The First Empire's Chihuahua yaps loudly, yes, but its bite is weak in comparison. When a man who has experienced such great difficulties in keeping his own house in order is confident in offering his word on affairs beyond his own borders you don't fear him. As with any small dog that yaps and bites at your ankle you kick it aside and send it home to its master."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 05:49:40 AM »

The Clergy Is Clear: The Gods Want You To Vote

The Clergy dispersed following a twelve hour session which saw many interests of the Congregation covered.

The Clergy have called upon those of the Congregation to vote in upcoming elections in the Slavic Federation, citing "a need for those of the Congregation to ensure their voice is heard in their Government, regardless of where they may live. Elections are an opportunity to ensure that representatives who best represent their interests gain the support they need to win. The Gods favour those who take a proactive approach to politics, as a member of the Congregation who votes is one who does so in the interests of upholding Ma'at through the votes they cast. Do not stay at home in complacency: vote and make your voices heard."

In other news from the Clergy, following a meeting which Beketaten-Hesy-Re presided over, the Manist Faith has been elevated to a new status in Clysperis, that of "Peer Faith." Explaining the elevation Beketaten-Hesy-Re stated the following:

"The Manist Faith exhibits many of the same qualities as our own faith, and is a faith compatible with upholding Ma'at. In this, and following congress with the gods, it has been decided that the Manist Faith shall be recognized as a 'peer faith'. Clysperi who follow the teachings of the Prophet need not worry that their beliefs will lead their hearts to be devoured by the demon Ammit. In the eyes of the Gods, Manist teachings are just as valid as those of the Congregation, thus a unique harmony exists between our faiths which allows for those of the Congregation to view Manists as we have all along: as brothers and sisters. Today, the Clergy make that status official."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 04:51:24 AM »

Breaking News: Pharaoh Beketaten-Hesy-Re Feared Dead In Abuqiya Crash

Pharaoh Beketaten-Hesy-Re is feared dead following a horrific plane crash in Abuqiya.

It is with great sorrow that the Clysperis State Media Corporation reports that Pharaoh Beketaten-Hesy-Re, who was traveling back to the Kingdom following a meeting with Emperor Abbas of Tamora, has according to all present evidence been lost after her plane crashed in Abuqiya. The Royal Clysperi Air Force was tracking her flight from its departure, noticing signs of trouble as her plane veered off course. Two Clysperi aircraft were dispatched in an attempt to render assistance, however, their arrival came after the Pharaoh's plane had crashed.

For many our Pharaoh was a beacon, a voice on the global stage for voices from across Midaranye that are often ignored by leading international powers. A friend and fighter for all, especially our Manist and Islamic minorities, she wasn't afraid to speak her mind and ensure that those who harmed our People did not have the chance to do so again. While we do not know what exactly has transpired our Government, under the interim leadership of the Vizier, is leading a full investigation and will find out what has transpired to bring this dark day upon us.

For the safety and security of our People and Nation the Armed Forces will be instituting a series of measures, such as increased controls at our borders, curfews in major cities, and increased vigilance at houses of worship. As we do not know if this was a mechanical failure or the action of an assassin, we must take all possibilities into account, especially after the tragedy which befell Ramses V. Together we will honour our Pharaoh, and together we will support each other.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 08:22:44 AM »

Pharaoh Wastes No Time In Resuming Duties

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re wasted little time in resuming her duties, responding to the Seleucid Crisis.

"Prior to the seizure of a Maori oil tanker by Royal Seleucid Midaranye was talking of the future: economic development in Clysperis, a free trade zone and other initiatives in Royal Seleucid, a common defense of our region by Tamora. Today, we are forced to discuss the ramifications of Royal Seleucid's actions for the broader region, as well as the threat they pose not just by bringing foreign navies to our region, but also the concerns that are being expressed about the safety of shipping in the region. This fear, this uncertainty, hampers trade opportunities for Midaranye states and is something which I believe King Heydar should have taken into consideration before pursuing this path."

"With all due respect and no malice toward Queen Aisha Adib-Farahani-Dirbaz-Safavid, the time to discuss these issues is now. While I hold no personal grudge against Royal Seleucid I cannot show support for a state which acted in a manner which did not take the concerns or safety of Midaranye into account: when Royal Seleucid seized a tanker belonging to a member state of the CNN, what did they expect would happen? The Maori violated Tamoran sovereignty, they kidnapped a citizen of Royal Seleucid from international waters in blatant violation of the treaties and norms they profess, to seize the tanker was an exercise of lunacy. I will gladly, and proudly, stand by any Midaranye state which is being mistreated by the internationalist cartel, however, when a state knowingly brings trouble upon themselves and recklessly endangers Midaranye in the process, it is a situation which they must rectify and make amends for."

"In short, we wouldn't have wolves at our doors, nor the assembly of foreign vessels headed our way, had Royal Seleucid not acted with such unnecessary recklessness. It is by a stroke of fortunate that The Conglomerate is in a position to keep the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy at bay. As we all seek to build up Midaranye from the weight of international disdain and sanctions, let us not provide the internationalists with opportunities to impose themselves upon Midaranye. For our region to advance we must not act in manners which undermines stability throughout the entire region, that's a most reasonable position."

Royal Forces Report Fighting In Kerta Nome

The Kerta Nome is the site of intense fighting as the Royal Clysperi Armed Forces came under fire by forces calling themselves the Free Clysperi Army. The City of Hesikhen has reportedly declared allegiance to the FCA, citing "the policies of the Pharaoh which leave our Kingdom open to foreign attack and manipulation, the abandonment of Royal Seleucid to the internationalists she speaks so strongly against, and her embrace of those who drove us from our homeland of Abydos." The CFA went on to claim responsibility for the attack on the Pharaoh's aircraft while issuing an apology to the Tamoran Empire. "We were unaware Prince Naser would be joining the Pharaoh's flight, but to save our nation we had no recourse but to complete the operation. We are thankful that he survived, less so that the Pharaoh survived as well."

Pharaoh Akasha responded by stating "my policies, and my steadfast dedication to all Clysperi, is why the Kingdom is finally turning the bend from the Soviet occupation of our lands. We have in Tamora the most true friends a nation could ask for, and in our embrace of all Clysperi regardless of their faith we see that our People are Clysperis. It matters not who we pray to, as we all ultimately love our land in the same manner. These vipers who bore their fangs at our Kingdom, its Pharaoh and that which we stand for, now walk in open shame. Just as those who attacked our people before have fallen, so too shall they."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 06:17:42 AM »

Pharaoh Addresses Statements Of King Heydar

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re addressed recent comments by the Seleucid King.

"I was educated in Rokkenjima, I assure the King that I know my history and know it through both the lenses of one outside of the rosy world the internationalists live in, and the lenses of one from a nation broken by their former adversary, the United Soviet Russia. Also, like the Tamoran Empire, Clysperis has faced the harshest sanctions levied by the First Empire for its recognition of the Free Theocracy. I'm also aware that Rokkenjiman naval forces were forced to more southern waters, away from Midaranye following their public rift with their LISA allies. When they did threaten their return it was in response to Royal Seleucid seizing an Iwi vessel. Much like I told Crown Princess Serenity when she spoke in such a tone, however, I say again to the King I am in no need of history lessons nor lessons regarding international treaties."

"As for his insistence upon claiming that I am some sort of antagonist of the Cultists, previously repeating what TINS called "a series of bizarre statements regarding Pharaoh Beketaten," I have addressed these issues sufficiently. It is not the Cultists, but those in positions of power, that I have long spoken out against; men like King David who had a "vision" for the future of Midaranye, or King Andrew who views himself as an arbiter of justice and morality who took the first opportunity he could to insert himself into domestic affairs he had no business in. When such men use their faith to forward foreign policies which are interventionist it is most certainly fair to call them out for it. It is also fair to say that, in the case of Seaforth, they have forsaken their native faith and, from their record of policies, have indeed become a most useful lapdog of East Moreland."

"I also don't "live on Twitter" nor do I seek to gain recognition; Twitter is a platform where a man sharing his thoughts on his bus ride home from work may engage with anyone in the world, even a national leader, and has a voice which is heard and reaches across the globe. I've engaged with countless people, from those within Clysperis to those from across the seas, people I would not have had the chance to speak with otherwise. In such exchanges I've seen the reach of my words, that even people in internationalist states are starting to awaken to the wrongs their governments perpetrate in their names, and that Midaranye isn't what their leaders tell them it is. As we've shown our voices are just as loud as those from Rokkenjima or East Moreland, and ours is a message which resonates within, and beyond our borders."

"King Heydar should, perhaps, take a moment of pause to consider why there is not the universal support he seemingly expected before OPEN and take steps to mend the divides his decision has caused. There is a difference between ensuring "our sovereignty is no longer violated" and taking decidedly reckless actions which bring some of the strongest internationalist powers bearing down upon Midaranye. I support a united Midaranye, but not the unity which King Heydar seems to be proposing: one where Royal Seleucid pokes a beehive, gets stung, wonders why that happened, and then lashes out at those who saw it was the only logical conclusion to Heydar's Folly. Picking such a fight, one which shall be fought under the rulebook they wrote, is a dangerous move and one which should never have left the 'formulation' stage of policy crafting."

"Royal Seleucid is doing itself no favours by refusing to address the issues at the heart of this crisis while doubling down on bizarre statements and slights. The Kingdom of Clysperis will gladly engage with Royal Seleucid as a partner once they've shed the attitude and tone of the internationalists."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Smoke Rises From Hesikhen As Fighting Intensifies
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2019, 06:58:32 AM »

Hesikhen Fighting Intensifies

Smoke rises from Hesikhen as the Royal Clysperi Air Force acts to suppress the Clysperi Free Army.

As smoke rises from Hesikhen Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re declared that military action against the Clysperi Free Army would not haunt "until every last one of their fighters is captured or dead." Throughout the day and into the night the RCAF struck several targets within the city, including a building claimed to be an operations centre of the CFA, while the Royal Clysperi Army was preparing for operations to retake the city on the ground. Confirmed figures were available on casualties thus far, however, initial reports indicate that hundreds could have been injured or killed in operations thus far.

Many Hesikhen civilians fled the city when the RCAF dropped leaflets warning that operations were imminent. "The Clysperi Free Army are not your allies," read one obtained by the CSMC. "In their actions against our Pharaoh and State they work in iniquity, bringing order and justice under direct threat. In the coming hours the RCAF will be conducting operations to drive them from the city. Civilians are urged to leave the city until such a time it is safe from these enemies of Ma'at."

Tracer fire could be witnessed as dusk fell and the CFA fired upon the RCAF, showing no signs of surrendering the city at this time. With the Pharaoh stating her position that fighting would not end until they are captured or dead, it seems that the fighting in Hesikhen will not yet know an end. Two towns near the city, also under the CFA's orbit, are expecting similar operations in the coming days. "We shall first decapitate this snake," the Pharaoh said of the CFA's stronghold, "and then kill the body so it may never again pose a threat to our Nation and People."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2019, 06:32:17 AM »

Pharaoh To Deploy To Frontlines

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has declared that she is to join the "fight for the soul of Clysperis"

Following a day of continued conflict which saw eighty seven rebels killed and twenty Royal Clysperi servicemen killed, Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re declared that she would be headed to the frontlines to join the fight personally. "If the Pharaoh does not lead, how could one expect their subjects to follow?" the Pharaoh asked in an interview with CSMC. "This is a fight for the very soul of Clysperis, for all that we have built, and all that we have aspired toward. I have told my Government, and informed Prince Naser, that my presence on the front lines is non-negotiable. Alongside our brave Royal Clysperi Army and Air Force, I shall fight this scourge until it is beaten into the ground so that it may never rise again."

The Pharaoh didn't declare when, or where, precisely she would be deploying. "Growing up my father, Ramses V, trained me in wielding firearms; they were a common part of my upbringing and he said to me "one day, this may save your life and the lives of those you hold precious." My People are precious to me, and with a threat this great rearing its head, I cannot sit and lead from a foreign land, or from the Capital. I will be there with my soldiers, I will sweat with them, I will bleed with them, and I will show our enemy that I will not be broken in my defense of Clysperis."

While the Vizier has cautioned against the Pharaoh engaging in direct combat his concerns were overruled. "The Vizier still sees me as my father's little girl, I suppose he always shall," Akasha reminisced with a smile. "I am Pharaoh now, and it is my duty to raise up arms for my land and my people. I won't be like the Cenneig King who sends his army half-way across Mundus, or like the Rokkenjiman Empress who parades her fleet in waters far from her own shores, or the Morelander King who turns a blind eye to the crimes of his Iwi allies and brings his armed forces to the waters of Midaranye, all from the comforts of their palaces, castles or, in some cases, yachts. My soldiers will see their cause is supported by their Sovereign because I will be there with them. If a cause is truly worth fighting for you must be invested fully; staying at home doesn't speak to that, does it?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 07:34:19 AM »

King Heydar Refuses To Ensure Midaranye Safety In Policies

Khemnen Palace has revealed that King Heydar has "de facto" refused to ensure his policies do not place Midaranye at undue risk.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, in an extension of an olive branch to Royal Seleucid and its King, noted the willingness of the Kingdom to reconsider its support for Royal Seleucid's request for sanctions against the Commonwealth of the Iwi should "...Royal Seleucid provide guarantees that it shall, in the future, take into consideration the implications and potential for harm its actions shall have on its Midaranye neighbours, and the extended membership of OPEN." With several days passing since the communication of these intents it is increasingly apparent that King Heydar shall not take action in this area."

"That the King is incapable of stating that Royal Seleucid policy will be undertaken in a manner which is respectful toward its neighbours and OPEN partners is concerning, but not unsurprising given his history of mischaracterizing my words for domestic political gain," Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re said in a release to the CSMC. "We are blessed, however, to have the knowledge, principles and foresight of Emperor Abbas and the Tamoran Empire as the compass of Midaranye; the actions of the Empire show its love and concern for Midaranye, and that it does not view its neighbours or partners as mere vassals, expected to act at their beck and call. Tamoran leadership, and the examples which are set by Tamora, ensure that Midaranye is in good hands moving into the future. These are all examples which King Heydar would be wise to look upon and learn from."

In further Midaranye news Khemnen Palace has announced that a deal has been reached with Abuqiya for the establishment of a 'corridor' from the Clysperi Free Trade Zone, allowing for goods and materials traveling from the Kingdom further into Midaranye to move "safely during the turmoil in Kerta Nome. Such items will be flown into Abuqiya at the cost of the Crown, where they shall then be free to continue their movement throughout Midaranye while taking advantage of all the terms and benefits of the CFTZ. Further advancements of infrastructure and facilities within the CFTZ itself are positioning it as an ideal location for foreign firms to establish operations there, allowing them valuable access to the broader Midaranye markets."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 07:08:48 PM »

Updates From The Front

The Royal Clysperi Air Force continued to hammer rebel positions around Hesikhen while the Royal Clysperi Army confirmed it would be "sweeping through" the city to "cleanse" it of rebel forces. Warnings from Khemnen Palace have urged civilians to evacuate the city to "allow for our forces to ensure all threats to our nation are removed without putting our People in greater risk." Twelve hours has been granted for civilians to leave the city prior to the start of these operations. It is also expected that during this time the Pharaoh will have arrived, although confirmation of such moves is not being provided.

Unconfirmed reports indicate that Khemnen Palace may be reaching out to Djerb to provide further air support and special operations forces.

Rebel forces have continued to position themselves as an attractive option for international support, with some speculation that the Rokkenjimans have sought to support the rebellion in one manner or the other. From broad support for the Kravec regime and a keen willingness to deploy forces near and around Midaranye gaining a foothold in Midaranye proper is seen as a likely goal of Rokkenjima. "We will be monitoring for any signs of Rokkenjiman involvement, or that of other foreign powers, with the rebellion and will act accordingly should it be uncovered," Khemnen Palace said to CSMC.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 06:30:34 AM »

Khemnen Targetted By Rebellion; Pharaoh Registers First Confirmed Kills

The Clysperi Free Army has announced a formal declaration of independence as the Clysperi Confederation, inviting "foreign leaders and dignitaries to join us as we reclaim our nation from the Tamoran Pharaoh." Coinciding with the announcement of the Confederation leadership from the rebellion claimed responsibility for a multi-pronged attack against Khemnen which saw two car bombs detonate in the centre of the city, and another which caused significant damage to the facade of a Manist Temple in Khemnen. "We can either live as Clysperi, or as the slaves of Tamora; we must today make our choice."

While no injuries were reported in the bombing of the Manist Temple initial reports indicate that upwards of 59 people were injured and a further twenty killed by the Khemnen car bombings.

"We are showing the Pharaoh that our reach is not constrained to our terrotiry; we can strike anywhere within Clysperis as the needs demand, and we shall employ that capability to defeat the Tamoran Pharaoh. She speaks of a Tamoran Prince as her husband, to become our King? She has betrayed our ways and our People," a spokesperson for the "Clysperi Confederation" posted to social media. Public support, however, remains with the Pharaoh, who has reported her first confirmed kills in her deployment to the front.

"Many of our soldiers, I had a few difficult days with them," Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re shared with the CSMC. "I think I've proven to them that their first priority needs not be my defense, but on ridding our Kingdom of our enemies. That they try to paint me as a Tamoran plant is amusing to say the least, though it's not surprising coming from the people who killed my father and brother. This is the evil we face, and this is the evil we will vanquish from our lands, to restore tranquility and avenge my fallen family. They show they are not Clysperi by using cowardly tactics in inflicting harm on our People, and these are crimes we shall never forgive them for."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2019, 07:00:09 AM »

Clysperi Federation Spreads As Cancer, Says Pharaoh

The areas which the rebels control has grown, prompting concern in Khemnen.

Royal Forces in the Southern lands have been dealt a series of defeats in recent weeks resulting in large swaths of the Southern Lands falling to the hands of the self-proclaimed Clysperi Confederation. The town of Tarfu has been confirmed as falling into rebel hands, along with pockets of the Southern Lands proclaiming allegiance with the Confederation. One such pocket sits on the Clysperi-Safraen border, another straddles the Midlands and Southern Lands, whilst a third occupies the northern corner of the Southern Lands. While separated by areas which remain under the control of the Kingdom recent reports indicate that the separated areas see high levels of cooperation and coordination.

The City of Ashsupis, which remains under the control of the Kingdom, remains connected to the rest of the nation via a narrowing "bridge" of land which separates two regions held by the rebels. With the situation quickly deteriorating Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has returned to Khemnen by the request of the Vizier, "....to mount an effective diplomatic and military strategy to bring this rebellion to a conclusion and to reassure the Northern Lands that their position is safe." While reluctant to leave the front lines the Pharaoh has obliged the request of the Vizier and announced that she would be "utilizing all resources" at her disposal to "purge this cancerous growth from our lands."

Pro-rebel militias have reportedly used a variety of tactics to coerce cooperation amongst civilians in the areas they hold, with allegations of roadside executions and women being raped being shared from within the territories held by the rebels.

Nekhtou has been elected "President" of the "Clysperi Confederation".

"These fantasies, that's all they are is fantasies, are quite simply lies," Nekhtou, a former Clysperi General who ascended into nobility under Ramses V, said in an interview which was broadcasted online. "The regime claims these things to paint us as evil when, in reality, we are the Clysperi men and women the Pharaoh claims to represent. Her machine spits these lies because of all she has done to harm our country, spitting in the eyes of countless nations, slighting even our Midaranye brothers and sisters to build herself up. The Confederation stands for a Clysperis for the Clysperi, not a Clysperis for the Tamoran Pharaoh."

"I will be inviting foreign leaders to meet with me, to see what we are building, and to work with me in opening Clysperis to the world," Nekhtou continued. "I offer my hand in friendship first to one who has so maliciously been maligned by Akasha, King Heydar, to open true partnership and friendship between our peoples. I'm sorry for the way you and your nation have been treated in our name; we Clysperi, we love Royal Seleucid and I know a good few men who wanted to stand with you as the Maori viciously attacked. Speak with me, work with me, and trust me when I say our enemy is the same. For Tamora, your puppet is of little use any longer, the Confederation grows by the day and has broken her armies in the South. Reconsider your stance and be part of Clysperis' future, not a footnote in its past."

Nekhtou also proposed a suspension of Clysperis' participation in OPEN, stating "At this time our country is divided, it is inappropriate for the Kingdom to participate in OPEN on behalf of all Clysperi while the People show their distrust in the Kingdom. As it stands I hope to seek foreign contracts to break the de-facto monopoly held over our petroleum resources, inviting foreign firms to develop Clysperi resources in a manner that benefits both our people and stakeholders. I will be putting forward a proposal in the coming days and hope other OPEN nations will support this common sense measure."

Khemnen Palace, meanwhile, discounted the content of the interview stating that "the Pharaoh does not honour the ravings of a traitor with the dignity of a response." Questions on whether Khemnen Palace would seek stronger measures from Tamora or broader foreign involvement were returned to CSMC unanswered.

Beatrice Anselmo