Author Topic: The Cantabria Courier  (Read 2568 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Ĺland/Ui Cenneslaig
The Cantabria Courier
« on: August 06, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »

DAIL APPROVE REGENCY FOR 5th TERM

In May 2018 King Comegin of Cantabria was involved in a horrific car accident and was initially expected to not survive however he somehow was able to be taken off life support in August. His wife Queen Cait was granted control of the Kingdom for an initial 6 months as despite being out of danger Comegin was still incapable of ruling. Over the next few months it was revealed that the King had suffered a huge bleed on their brain and as a result had suffered what doctors described as "massive and irrepairable brain damage" This prompted the Dáil to name Queen Cait as Regent until her and Comegin's daughter Princess Esmeralda comes of age in 2029. This arrangement however needs to be reviewed every six months and once again the Dáil gave their approval. The vote passed 194-4 with, as usual, the descenting voices being members of the Republican Party.

The Queen later in the day visited the Headquarters of the Dáil to accept their support and stated, "I am grateful for your continued support. I hope that I can continue to be worthy of your trust.  Sadly my beloved husband is still struggling to even communicate with us but we pray daily that he will soon return to us." She also confirmed that in the coming days the Prince of Ui Cenneslaig, her nephew Prince Keane, would be arriving in the nation to begin a year studying at Tywysog Grammar School. Queen Cait explained, "As soon as Esmeralda turns 18 she will be marrying Keane, it means that just like in days of old the Kingdoms of Cantabria and Ui Cenneslaig will share monarchs. As the future King of Cantabria it is important that my nephew Keane gains an insight into life in Cantabria. Its an advantage I never had when I came from Ui Cenneslaig and wish I did."

The Queen's Regency will once again but reviewed and voted on by the Dáil in February 2021. 

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Ĺland/Ui Cenneslaig
Re: The Cantabria Courier
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:59:16 PM »

KING COMEGIN IS DEAD

The 42 year old King of Cantabria, King Comegin has today passed away following a lengthy battle with ill health following a car accident in 2019. Since then his health has gradually been in decline and since October 2019 his wife, Queen Cait, has acted as Regent with approval by the Dail given every six months. That was extended as recently as February following doctors confirmation that the King had not regained sufficient health or mental capacity to be able to resume the throne. The death of King Comegin means that his heir, Princess Esmerelda is now Queen however since she is only 11 years of age her mother Cait will now be Regent without the need for further Dial confirmation. This arrangement will be in place until Esmerelda's 18th birthday at which point she is scheduled to marry Prince Keane of Ui Cenneslaig and at that point she will become Queen in her own right with Prince Keane becoming King of Cantabria. The marriage means that at some point in the future once King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig dies the two Celtic nations will share monarchs.

The death of King Comegin has been recorded as the result of "serious degrading brain injury" and the nation will fly flags at half mast for the next 7 days before the state funeral will take place. A spokesman of the Dial read a prepared statement saying " We are saddened by the death of King Comegin. He became King following the assassination of his father but sadly never really had chance to impose his own mark upon the Kingdom of Cantabria. He was a man beloved by his family and this time our thoughts and prayers are with his widow Queen's Mother Cait and his two children Queen Esmerelda and Prince Henry. The nation will have a chance to say their goodbyes in the coming days and we hope the media and public will allow Queen's Mother Cait and the family to mourn in privacy."

King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig is expected to fly into Cantabria tomorrow to give his support to his sister Cait and also pay his own respects to the deceased King. It is not yet confirmed whether Prince Keane will be with him.