Author Topic: Federschwarm - Neues aus Uburzis (international: Featherflight - Uburzian News)  (Read 20264 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Trial of Barbara Anselm begins

Earlier this week the first Seating of Barbara Anselm's Trial had begun, the Teenage is accused of assisting the Kidnappers of Orion the first, and Arthur Lindwurm. Leading Ultimately to the Death of the later. So far only the Accusation has spoken, with the defense speaking happening next week. Evidence against her include several Witnesses of her communicating with the former Trinity Order Members, as well as the Data recovered from the broken Drone she had smuggled into the summer camp.

The Military trial for the security officer failing his duty is still to be announced, as the investigations are still ongoing.

Grand master of the Trinity Orders speaks publicly about Incident

Following the kidnapping through rogue members, trying to enlarge their dwindling Membership ranks of the past decades, the Grand Master of the Trinity Order, Bishop Erik Schultz, has requested the Pope to Excommunicate the Members of his Order going so far as too Kidnap children, and that still are on the run. Yet he refused to take personal consequences, proclaiming that they did not act under his guidance, and that the Order would strive to reorganize, but not disband.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
The Emperor home schooled until Coronation

News from the Palace has reached us, that Emperor Orion will remain privately tutored to give him a chance to receive the needed rest after being kidnapped. Palace officials had mentioned that the year overall had weighted heavy on his young shoulders, with his Parents and siblings deaths and now the incident where one of his fellow students lost his life.

According to the Prince regent, the reason stems from an all different concern though:

"Almost everyone at his school has now realized their fellow Student Olaf was in fact Orion. I have discussed this earlier with him, and to prevent any incidents where his friends and classmates would be bothered by press and general attention after loosing a respected student, he decided to wait until after the Coronation to return to his classroom."

According to Elder Robert of Niameck, this leaked information might add them into a diplomatic pinch, and he issued a statement to the participants of the dinner back in July:

"We never intended to disrespect any Majesty participating, yet had to abide to our own laws. You did, in fact, meet our Emperor in person. We did not wish to deceit you, but respect our own laws and traditions. We deeply apologize should it have offended anyone."

Barbara Anselm sentenced

After a long hearing, the Judges have released the sentence of Barbara Anselm to the Public. She will remain as a convict Cadet in an undisclosed Boarding School. No further steps will be taken as the judges had declared that while she was Guilty of Assaulting her own Team members physically, and co-conspirating a Break-in of Military Restricted Area, there was no hard evidence she would have known the Rouge Members of the Trinity Order had planned to Kidnap participants she lured to them.

After the proclamation of sentence, Arthur Lindwurm's Father, in his role as the lawyer of the adjudication, had read the following statement:

"While we do miss our beloved son, we urge Barbara Anselm's Parents not to abandon their Daughter, but to stand by her side and help her pass in this time. Our own Son, now considered a hero by many, was a convict cadet. Still, he did not let that hold him down, and continued his acting and sharpened his skills to the end. And even though it was self proclaimed knights that killed him, according to the other three Hostages aside from the Emperor, Orion had granted him true Knighthood as last wish before he stayed behind to grant them a chance of escape."

The last proclamation had left some uproar in the audience, as it would make the now dead Lindwurm the first person to have been actually Knighted in the Empire since it's foundation, even more so, people have discussed the credibility as Orion is not yet coronated.

Erik Schultz resigns as Bishop, renounces Pope

After the surprising declaration from the Pope Peter II to disband the Trinity Order, the Grand Master and now former Bishop Erik Schultz has sent an Answer in Kind. Resigning as Bishop and declaring the remaining Members of the Trinity Order independent from the Catholic Church.
"We have a Centuries old Duty to Fulfill, and if an Ill guided Statesman from the other end of the World proclaims we no longer belong, then we will leave him behind, but not our duties."
How many people will follow this new direction is still unclear, yet the Police has stated that the remains of the Trinity order had given them their full cooperation to catch the rouge members, even more so after the pope had tried to disband the Group.

From a legal point of view it states to issue that the Trinity order was a Non Profit Organisation with Erik Schultz as their Representing Head, though this is debatable considering our laws are shaped to ignore outside influence.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
First Christian Mess in City Temple since 180 Years

Erik Schultz, former Bishop and now Grand Master of the Trinity Order, has held the First Christian Mess in the City Temple since it had been handed over to the City almost 180 Years ago. The former Cathedral had not seen any Bishop setting foot in it, despite the offer, since they held the believe it had been desecrated by Rites from the various Cults.

In his Sermon, Schultz had pointed out to all Christians in Uburzis that Christmas, celebrated on the Same days as we hold the Festival of Love, stands for coming together, and the promise of Forgiveness. To him, it was time Christians finally took up the offer to use this holy Place together, and not claim it stained simply because someone else also sees it as a Sacred House.

It was also announced he had offered a former Monastery up to the Order of Mountjoy as the State Embassy, seeing as the Christian Nation and the Empire have shown mutual respect for each other in the Past Year, it was Time to take up official Diplomacy.

Orphans at the Palace for the Festival of Love

For the whole two days of the Festival, Emperor Orion has invited Orphans from all over the Empire to Join him at the Palace.

"I have lost my Parents as well this Year, yet while i still have Family that stands with me, these Children have no one left. I can not sit idle by and receive my Families Love, not sharing it with those being Pained by similar loss as me."

According to Palace Staff a lavish Feast had been prepared, while the Neu Uburzis Academies have added a present in form of a Stipend for each of the Orphans Invited:

"Our Students are a Family in their own right, persisting comradery and Kinship beyond Graduation. For this Festive Season we had decided to extend this to those in Need of a Place that can call home again."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Bene Gesserit recognized as Religion

After weeks of intense debate from the youth to elder senates, Speaker Robert of Niameck has today announced the Imperial Declaration of recognizing the Bene Gesserit as Religion:

"After careful examination, we found little to no reason to deny the Bene Gesserit the Status of Religion. The cultural Issues inside Kaitaine are of little concern for us, if at all we are concerned that being a member of a religion alone is reason for incarceration. For further clearance considering the Status of the Truthsayers, we will send a delegation to King Finley and his Advisor Niklaus Corrino, attempting to answer some of our Questions."

The Senates had further come to the conclusion, that with the given evidence "Truthsayer", according to Bene Gesserit scriptures avaiable on the Internet, is an educational Tree inside the Faith, rather than a single Organisation. Since without further Knowledge the Elder Senate sees itself unfit to make a final decision, the weight of Importance lies heavy on the upcoming meeting.

Vagabonds 2 at International Film Festival

The newest part in the Cinema Adaption of the Popular Vagabonds SciFi Books has been Nominated at the Ostlake Film Awards, the first Film from Neu Uburzis to be ever Nominated internationally.
Eleven year old Martin Shirokumo, portraying the young Hitman Yukio for the film, has given us a short statement on his way to the Ceremony:
"Filming was already, exiting, but now it'S not this totally cool Fighter Yukio, but actually me who people are talking about. And we even get to see a new country now!"

While the Film is given little chances for success, due it's Uburzis specific Topic,the Studio considers the Nomination alone a victory.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Emperor Orion congratulating Moreland on Retrieval of Lunar Bots

In a public statement from the Imperial Palace, Emperor Orion had send his congratulations to East Moreland for the successful retrieval of the Lunar bot, quoting:

"I am very glad the Nations out there on Mundus do not forget that only advancing science brings us all forward, especially if we accomplish things thought Fantasy a hundred years ago. And a rescue Mission for Semi Autonomous research Bots on the Moon does sound more like a Film even to me than reality, but East Moreland made it one."

It has also been stated in said press release, that only what comes from the palace are official Statements from the Emperor, probably to counter a common rumor on social Media, claiming Orion the First to have said the following when getting asked about Empress Beatrice:

"Why should i bother thinking about a Woman that tries to blame circumstances for her own Failure as Ruler? We have a math test tomorrow. That's more important to think about."

In a Heartbeat Wins Ozzie, Vagabonds 2 mixed results

In a success no one had expected, Uburzian Shortfilm "In a Heartbeat", about young boy and his feelings getting the better of him, takes home one of the Ozzies. While Vagabonds 2 narrowly missed the Ozzie for Film music to the Singing Empress, the Film itself was far from being even considered.
"We had a sup par CGI Technology available before our Nation opened the Boders, and to be honest it shows." The Director said after Gala, while the young Actor Martin Shirokumo had been seen hiding from Press and leaving the evening as soon as possible with a pretty sad expression.
"The first defeat is the Hardest. But it wasn't his fault." The director added while spotting him leaving: "We will make sure Vagabonds 3 will have all the up to date CGI technology needed to make it work. Also, excuse me, i have some Job offers to give." before we last saw him catching up with the People responsible for In a Heartbeat.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Young athlete rushed to Hospital, Mother arrested

When a fifteen year old girl banged at the door of the Hospital at Night, the Staff did not expect their nightly Visitor to be young Figure Skating hopeful Sieglinde Müller carrying her Twin brother Heinrich Müller in the Arms. The member of the National Biathlon Youth Squad was shivering uncontrollable, while his heartbeat was through the Roof according to official Press releases. Sieglinde Müller, herself part of the Uburzian Figure Skating Crew, said that she brought him over from their home only a couple of meters away. Her brother hadn't had a good nights sleep in days, and since his training results had been falling the last couple of weeks, had been pressured to work deep into the night.

The real shock came when police went to their home, to inform the Mother of her sons predicament. They found her spicing her sons drink with a doping substance called Modafinil, and while the Mother had refused any further statements, the Daughter had found clear words: "Father died from Substance abuse. I can't believe she did this to Heinz. She only recently had fired his trainer because she thought him too lax and too easygoing, but i never thought she would do that."

While her Brother stays at the Hospital for now, the Grandparents, themselves former Figure Skaters, have taken over custody of the two children for now. Sieglinde has already volunteered to have her own test results getting double checked, hoping her Mother didn't just ruin her Medal chances for the Winter Games, along with her Brothers Health and Future.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Regent calls for Calm and Precise Actions as Airship brings the Plaque

As last evening sudden Shutdown of Neu Uburzis International Airport, Rumors quick sprung up as the last landing Airship came from the Winter Games in Heyra. Today the Press office confirmed the worst Fears, the Passengers and Crew had actually contracted the Plaque. If contracted in Heyra or one of the other Countries on Alba Karina several People on Board visited is still subject to investigation. An emergence Team has sent a Jet plane to East Moreland, hoping to retrieve a sample of anti bodies to be cultured before it is to late for the Quarantined crew and Passengers, while reports claim Patient Zero has already died.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Regent and Elder Senate call for ceasefire in brewing Selucid-Iwi conflict

As the threat of a war grows stronger after the United Iwi attack on Seleucid Chemical Plants, and in Return the Royal Seleucids and several other Nations stationing of more Ships in the Area, the Elder Senate and Regent have issued a joined statement:

"As Voice of our People, we see a dire need to try and solve this conflict peacefully. We have on the one side, a sickness ravaging people and killing with almost undeniable Royal Seleucid Origin, and on the other hand an airstrike violating National integrity without proof known to us any of the happenings even can be pointed towards a deliberate release of the Black Death. We urge both Parties to attempt to reduce tension and get negotiation started. The Royal Seleucid is surely wise enough to understand the situation calls for more than silence, and that the best course of action would be to invite investigators into their country. A possible Upsalla breach is nothing we think any nation should attempt to just sit out.
Additionally, while we understand the  feeling of urgency that must have led the Iwi to fly their attacks, we would ask to halt from further going down this path of war until we have at least tried to bring more clarity into the situation."

Meanwhile it has been reported that half of the Passengers on the Quarantined Airship have already died, before a Plane had even touched Moreland ground to retrieve a sample to grow into medicine. The Autopsy on site  didn't bring any more clarity, while tests are being run to identify if it was indeed the same Germs as in the other cases on Alba Karina.

Mother's Day Interview with Admiral Eidmeier

Admiral, seeing as Mother's Day was traditionally the day Young Daughters told their Parents they'd join the Mermaids, how are you looking forward to it?

Many Women now choose to tell their parents the will serve in the Military instead of Mothers day. All else? I will probably call my Daughters in Moreland, and talk to my Son. Finding out i already had a Grandson last year made me realize i ran out of time to reconnect with my children.

Was it hard for you to set them aside for your duty?

At the time? No. Now? Now i have to accept that my decision made me a stranger to my children. To regret that now would be crying over spilled milk, besides. I served my country well and made it, in my opinion, significantly stronger. Progress always comes at a cost.

Talking about progress, word is you have an issue with the Moreland group called sisterhood of Helus?

I think they are a disrespectful group of self loathing virgins in dire need of a boyfriend. A mother bears a sick child, and what do they do? Pull her through the mud. For saying it out loud, the former Queen of Moreland got the message she will likely yet outlive another of her children, and that sorry excuse of a female dog blabbers nonsense about Purity. A Monarch is only truly of their Nation if the Nations blood still flows in his veins.

What about her believe into a female all mighty deity?

She isn't really believing in her God though, is she? If you make it the main issue what pronoun to use for your god, then you aren't believing in them being worthy of the word god.

Sack Sam?

Is this an Interview about Mothers day or about them? For the Sake of answering, the man has a job, and is a hero for doing a good job, not for whom he has a child with. When we choose to make people paragons and adore them, then we always only see one part. Believing them to be flawless and Demigods is an error to start with. We are Humans, let Sam be one, too. Aside from that, as i said earlier, sometimes the job is more important than family.

Any advice for the yet to be mothers in service?

If you want to have both family and serve the country, make sure to do it as the Mermaids used to. Have a Househusband. Plenty of Men around that would prefer to cook, bring the kids to school and keep the house than sitting behind a desk.

Thank you for your Time, Admiral.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Palace Press Office congratulates Lodja for Plans to Ban Plastic

The Palace Press office has released a statement, concerning Queen Klara of Lodja's announcement to make Lodja plastic free within the next 25 years, stating:

"We are glad to hear the Queen adress one of the most underappreciated issues with Plastic Waste. Our Nation has banned one time use plastic long ago, forcing our Shops to develop in an entirely different direction. Yet we can predict the issues and disgruntlement a rash Implementation would cause. We extend hereby an offer to the Queen to visit us and see how we cope with the issues, or if preferred, have our people discuss solutions in Lodja with Lodjans."

Imperial Youth Organisation announcing New Summer camp site

Following the announcement to allow a limited number of Foreign Children and Youths to attend the Traditional Summer camps, the Organisators have announced a new camp will be added this Year. Honoring the late Sir Lindwurm, the Camp will Mimik a Grand Tournament. Children with own horses or riding experience are said to have a likely chance to be assigned to the Tournament, yet additional melee battles, and other activities outside of riding where announced.
"We have also prepared invitations for International Guests, seeing as we lack experience in Sword Fighting or Horseback fighting."

An additional note was that the Trinity Order was in fact essential for the planning, allowing one of their former Monasteries and Castles to be used for the occasion. Grand Master Schulz stated: "We have to make up for lost Trust, and it is Time we stop trying to separate Christian Youth and Divine Faithfull apart. With most Uburzian Christians following us these Days, we have an Obligation to mend the Rift created by last Years Incident."

While not available for Interview, the Parents of Sir Lindwurm had stated that they had been informed ahead, and given their consent. The Emperor himself had stayed silent and denied to comment.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Emperor on his way to Ostlake Games

Yesterday Emperor Orion has been spotted leaving the Country via Airship, accompanied by his whole Dorm from the Neu Uburzis City Academy. The youngsters where all in full uniform, boarding the Vessel with Sea bags. The Academy and the Imperial Palace have both confirmed it's a school excursion to the Ostlake games in East Moreland, marking it the Emperors first visit to to the internationally important Country.

The Academy had also clarified that it won't be all a joy trip, as the Cadets including the Emperor are to act as part of the Ships crew during the flight, and getting School lessons: "While they will get time to enjoy and experience East Moreland, they all have their duties to uphold on the Ship. This is as much a cultural as a practical Excursion."

It is expected that the Cadets will cheer on the Participants from several branches of the Military participating.

New Biological Warfare Defense Center opened

Prince Albrecht and General Straußenhof together instituted a new research Center against Biological Warfare. The I.B.I.S. (Imperial Bioweapon Intervention Service) has been funded after the Death of all Passengers of a doomed Airship catching the altered Plaque strain causing an Epidemic earlier this year.

"We can't be caught with our Pants down again." the General stated, while the Regent added: "In this new facility, our researches can securely research vaccines for Dangerous Weapons. A dozen of our People died this year because we had to ask East Moreland first to get a vaccine to us. This can't stand, traveling half of Mundus to retrieve a cure is to far. We need to act now to keep our Empire save."

Figure Skating Athlete Hospitalized after suicide attempt

Earlier today an inside source on the homecoming athletes team from the Wintergames has revealed that not only Sieglinde Müller was absent, but had to be rushed to a hospital as she had tried to hang herself in her cabin on the flight back home. While there is little to no confirmed information on the reasons yet, fellow Athletes had speculated that the pressure was just to high for the young athlete:

"She was just not herself anymore. Scoring far below the Medal Ranks, she kept talking about how worthless her life was, and that she had nothing left to live for. We thought we had talked he rout of that nonsense, after all she made it to the international stage  at such young age, but it seems we didn't understand how deep these doubts did run."

Another athlete stated: "I am sure this is the pressure her mother had put on her finally snapping something. I mean that woman basically poisoned her own son for results, it#s not to far fetched she did psycho games with her daughter as well."

The Family has declined interviews.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Annual Beef Contest Announces Winner

Every Year the Regions of Uburzis compete for best Meats from their prized cows. Massages, best fodder, gentle care. Each of these Animals lived in cow heaven before  becoming the best organic Beef one can buy on all Mundus according to Beef Fanatics.

"No one can Beat the way Uburzian Bovines are Marbled. Fine lines, finer melting. And each and every one carefully raised. Even our lowest pieces are Worlds beyond the rest of Mundus." the proud winner of the Competition from Himmelstadt proclaimed.

Meanwhile the Imperial Meat Producer Society (IMPS) has declared a new marbling standard grading, aiming to ell produced in specially crafted small capacity Airships around the World:

"The Grading Ranks from 1A, which is the most perfectly marbled pieces, to C5, which would be a low grade marbling, but still above average. Anything below that won't get sold."

Marketing has tried re branding the Beef with new Names, coming up with names different around the world. Online Stores will advertise it as "Wow-gyu" in Ardian Countries closely related to Rokkejima, which would roughly Translate into "Amazing Beef" - if this Marketing Campaign will catch on still has to be seen.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Emperor and Prince visit Convict Cadets

Today an unannounced Imperial visit was witnessed by the Reporters at the Sturmheim Imperial Academy. It was expected for Prince Kurt, the Regent's father and Uncle to Emperor Orion, to pick up Julian Wingert after graduating from the Academy.
Wingert is no one else but the then child that stole the Prince's car and caused the crash that crippled Kurt of Uburzis. While disowned by his own family after the incident, he has been seen together with the Prince as his aide during official travels, last year even took the Prince place in a ceremony during the unified Iwi's Matariki. We reported on that event.

Several younger Convict Cadets had been at the scene to say goodbye to their former comrade, all of them getting a personal short Smalltalk with the emperor. When asked by our Reporters the Emperor had this to say:
"I offered them a literal hand. Many of them see this already as the end of their social life for ever. But this isn't what the Convict cadets are made for. i wanted to make sure they really feel that we as society haven't written them off yet."

While due to the Schools intervention we were not allowed to interview the Convict Cadets, Prince Kurt rolled over to us for a short statement:

"I want to remind Parents and relatives that these boys and girls are still your flesh and blood. And while some surely deserve punishment, over the last five years i have experienced so many teenagers being disowned by the own family when all they had was a one year term, that i can only ask many of you out there to reconsider it. They can only become better citizens if you give them the chance to proof it."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Neu Uburzis Imperial Sport Association News Central on our Absence from the Mundus Games

After Rumors came up that Uburzis didn't participate in the Games due to our differences with the Leadership of Kaitane, the News Central stated the Reasons for not sending Participants:

"While the Note of working together and celebrating Sports is a worthy Ideal indeed, after several calculations during the Winter Games, we have decided that the Sportsfestival over all is not in Favor of our Ideals. The Amount of Destroyed Nature alone on the Winter Games was tremendous, not to mention the waste of Energy. We can not participate unless we ourselves have set an example.
We wish to Clarify again, that this had nothing to do with the empires stance towards the Theocracy or the Republic.
To make our Sportsmen able to Participate in future Games, we have started to work on Ecological viable Solution for the Games, and shall submit in the future once our Building Projects have succeeded."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Emperor Orion Speaks about Iwi Execution in front of the Youth Senate

For his First Speech to his home Cities Youth Senate after the Summer Break, Emperor Orion had choosen a currently strongly debated topic, the Death of former Seleucid Officer Imran Gaval, following is an excerpt:

"..... and while we believe to leave them out in a place with others that do not commit so society, and let them reap the fruits they grew. I do not believe we should criticize the Iwi here. While i would Prefer a Neutral court to take the case instead, i would never dare question a whole cultures sense of justice. The verdict was grim, and in my eyes a State should never Execute for one specific reason, we can not take a right for ourselves we deny others, in this case the right to kill. In a sense, a state outlawing murder then killing themselves has to question itself why it should have the right while denying it to others.
But this is not us, and it it is not our call. I wish to learn one day how they argue to our point of view, maybe next year when the Tribes meet. Because i am intrigued by the possible answers."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Prince Regent spotted Facepalming during Senatorial hearing

During a Recent Senatorial hearing the Prince Regent was photographed doing the Gesture commonly known as a "Facepalm".

What caused this sudden outburst? The Reaction was due to the Discussion over a Statement from Rokkenjima's Empress Beatrice. He was allegedly heard Saying the words "This is just plain stupid."

The Senate later release an official statement on the Affairs:

"We have come to the conclusion, that we are unable to understand the action of Rokkenjima's Empress Beatrice on the Matter. She embargo's a Nation yet again on Short sighted Terms, and that over the execution of a man who aided an attack on her nation with weapons and logistics, by aiding the Borlanders. Maybe the Method was Questionable, but if the Empress can understand Slavery, which we do not, we are sure she should see the execution as just here."

Inquired if the Senate will support the Freestone Society in the Light of Recent Events, it was stated this had to be considered another Time.

It was though decided to allow a smaller Sailfreighter company to inquire about possible Trade options with the iwi, seeking out Deals similar to that recently made with UC.

"We have been adopted as Nation, and so we shall try our best to support the Iwi here, setting up possible trade bonds seems like the answer."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Anesthetist commits Suicide after positive Hepatitis C Test

Yesterday a medical Professional was found dead by self strangulation inside Himmelstadt's Regionals Nurse office. The man was beloved by his Co Workers and Patients alike, and the Death not only shocked them, but send the Hospital in a frenzy.

Next to the man was a list with all Patients he had been working on over the last weeks, with all neatly ordered and declared. Pinned to that was a Blood Test the man had conducted in house, stating he had contracted Hepatitis C.

Since the man was a voluntary helper for Substance Abusers, it is suspected he contracted the sickness during his off work hours.

Investigations on possible contractions and the suicides circumstances are being invested by local police.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Wilhelmina of Uburzis found Dead

While the Nation is still in shock about the Arrest warrant for the former Wife of the now deceased crown Prince, early this morning another Message hit the Nation.

Wilhelmina of Uburzis, CEO of Wingert Building Corporation together with her Brother Heinrich Wingert, was found dead on route to a construction site she was committed to in Zimalia.

According to Zimalian sources, she was found partially dismembered and with several Gunshot wounds.

Next to her Corpse, a sign proclaiming her as: "Wilhemenia, Murderer of Children, Slave Trader. Scumbag. Justice is Done." was found, rising speculation that it might have been a revenge attack by local tribesmen. Considering she had, according to  the Royal Cenneg Press Office, blamed them for a Murder, it does not seem to unlikely they had jumped her after hearing she was responsible.

The Palace is still expected to take a stance, as the Prince Regent has announced he will speak soon about the accusations and her Death.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Grandmaster Schultz enraged by Candidates for Christian Order

In his Sunday sermon, the Head of the Trinity Order and Church, Erik Schultz, found harsh words on the Popes decicion to name several individuals for a chivalrous Order, we added an excerpt:

"What makes a good Christian? We seem to strongly disagree with the Pope here. Not only does he sow in Thorns when he believes sending aid and money to Zimalia to have any lasting effect.
No, he tells the world that a ruler sitting idly by when slavery happens, is recommendable. Temperance is a Virtue, but so is justice. A Monarch that is not constantly battling slavery, not constantly fighting it, is not to be named Chivalrous in any form. They are far from it.

The same goes for the other two named candidates. Nemerie is praying to the Mammon with more effort than almost any other nation on Mundus, what exactly is the man supposedly doing other than throwing Money at problems and praying that this is enough?

The third is a Drunkard whos nations is sick with heroin and drugs, and he applauds himself for it. Acedia, Avaratia, Gula. Are those Christian Values now?

I think not Brothers and Sisters."

Admiral Eidmeier being vocal about Denman again

After a recent Statement from the Moreland Heretic Denman, long standing adversary Admiral Eidmeier has taken to the public as well.

In an Interview with the editorial staff, she stated that the unjustified attacks on the Princess of moreland on official Denman affiliated webistes should have had consequences, instead she supported them by deliberately letting them run amok with false or half true facts:

"This woman is yet again showcasing the new lows she is willing to go for nothing other than control. Whenever has attacking a child forwarded a just cause? Never. Denman had not told her people off, but let her mob run rampant on purpose while being oblivious to the truth. The young princess got attacked by other children, namely the children of Wilhelmina, which we cannot show Pictures of the Incident, according to Eye Witnesses.

Not only that, but the Princess kept her cool for most part, until our own princesses tried to kill one of their own cousins pet bunnies by throwing it into a crocodile pit. She tried hard to keep the reptiles away from the pet, which is the second photo of her throwing rocks into a pen, and from a boy who had shortsightedly climbed into the pen to get the rabbit.

The little girl has the heart of a Warrior, and should be praised. Denmans half hearted efforts to play down the deliberate false information and slandering of a child her followers are practitioning is a clear warning sign to everyone. She is willing to stoke up hatred to forward her own cause and influence people by misinformation and manipulation. "

She later added when asked about East Moreland in general:

"I am glad that the Morelanders wish for more participation on the global stage. Unlike most of our own Countrymen the know that sitting on the fence won't bring change for the better. The support for the time when Tim Carpenter was counselor shows they value the work of a man who does not know rest even against his own health. They really do Judge people by actions, and not word."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Interfaith Mass for Festival of Love and Christmas

Several High Priests, like Elder Saskia Hohenrod, and Grandmaster Erik Schultz have this year celebrated a Mass for the Festivities together. While the speech was rather toned down general, talking about the love of god, some members of the trinity church have speculated it is a sign that Schultz and his followers desire to be close with the rest of the empire while demonstratively making a point about denying outside influence. The results of a meeting between the Grand Master and the Pope earlier this year are still kept under wrap.

Outside the City Temple masses of people celebrated together, food and drink where shared in open invite Pot Luck, while the Christians usually found together in their small family gatherings.

Emperor hosting Orphans for second Time

Last year we saw the Emperor inviting a small number of Orphans to the Palace after he himself had just lost his Parents that year, this year he had invited a whooping number of Three hundred Orphans to a huge Festival of Love Sleepover. The boys and Girls where all rather surprised as they arrived, getting catered by servants and maidens as if they where royalty themselves. The surprise gift was overly well received.

We managed to get a few words with the Emperor:

Your Majesty, two of your nieces are still missing, has any progress been made?

"We made three arrests already, but Wilhelmina of Uburzis had a long planned plot in place to get her daughters out of the Palace. We are pursuing them with all we can mobilize."

The two Girls where involved in the incident with Rhiannon and another unnamed boy, any words on that from you?

"It wasn't a local boy, the media got that wrong. Well he was local, but he was another of my Nephews, namely Augustin, my Sister Persephone's first son. The Girls took away his younger brothers pet bunny and tried to feed it to the crocodiles, then provoked Princess Rhiannon by throwing mud at her. I myself was still at the Summer camp at the Time."

Speaking about summer camp, we didn't hear much about it?

"It was a bitter lesson for me. You can't just force an international event with lots of people attending. We had some countries here, and i was glad. But we also had some little incidents. Had to remove one of the councilors myself that thought it a funny idea to dress one group as Borlanders. I don't need to say how embarrassing that was for us. I personally apologized to the Morlanders at site the next day."

One last Question, your Majesty. What presents did you get for the festival eve?

"Time spent with my family. I means seriously, i miss them while im away or at school."

Thank you for your time, Emperor Orion.

As we left and packed together, we got a glimpse of the Emperors family joining with the Orphans, as well as a glimpse inside the Banquet hall. Usually that is reserved for state and royal happenings. On this day, it was us being a tiny bit jealous of the Orphans joining such a lavish feast.

Consider adopting a Child today, all and every last of them deserve this chance.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

The Empire won't join the Treaty of Wellow

As the several Nations from the Shores of Alucard signed a treaty to fight Global Pollution, the Elder Senate has issued a Statment that the Empire will not sign the Paper. When ask by the Flight, Elder Robert of Niameck explained the reasoning:

"We do widely acknowledge the Steps taken by the treaty as achievement for most of Mundus to recognize the dire need to change the way we act, but we can not join the treaty for the wording itself.

To be precise, as we already are way beyond the international curve, several aspects won't be achievable for us. Reducing food waste for Example, will be impossible to reach as we are already as are far closer to zero than most nations. If you have to pay the real prize for food and the effect it has on the environment you usually do not squander it as much.

We will however honor other aspects, and will act as if we signed the treaty on most part. This means we still will fight the reduction of plastics in electronics. We might have a ban on most Plastic Packages, this does not mean we can't find ways to go further. Personally i do not believe a zero waste public transportation is entirely possible, but the prospect to work together will further development for all of us.

As we intend to make annual donations to the bank even as non signatory, we do hope other of our projects, like the sail freighters, will be picked up by the nations across Mundus. We also see forward to work on Bio Fueled Jet and Plane Engines, or the day we will no longer have any Petroleum fueled vehicles on the Street.

What was achieved in Wellow was not a step forward for Mundus, but a Huge Leap. And we weren't part of that.

This is the real lesson we need to take here, passivity as we are used to still has to be combated. We do not help the World if we keep sitting on our Rears."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Nations meet to Discuss W.A.I.T.

Amidst an International Crisis of several Faiths, where Temples and Holy Sites around the Globe are being assaulted, Several Representatives of Nations in Western Aranye have come together in Neu Uburzis City to discuss implementation of more direct lines for communication.

"The goal is not to establish a kind of organisation that would give one site the power to rule into the other, but to ensure we are able to talk with each other quickly in cases of emergency. It is better to talk directly than filtered through several parliaments and media outlets should the need for quick responses arrive."

While currently not officially acknowledged, it is likely Topics like the Seleucid Locust Swarm or the Gungnir Bombing might get discussed at the perimeter of the meeting.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Relief Supplies ready for the Seleucid

The Elder Senate has ordered a stockpile of Food Supply, like wheat, potatoes and similar essentials, to be withheld for Deployment to Royal Seleucid. In a Press statement they announced that after extensive discussion they are going to ask the Seleucid Government if they desire Relief supplies, which would then be brought in to the northern Areas of Royal Seleucid via Airship. It would allow deployment virtually anywhere, without the necessity of an Airfield on Site. A Quote from Speaker Robert of Niameck:

"We have decided to contact the Seleucid Government. Seeing as Aechkarin, East Moreland and others have covered the South with their Naval Supply line, we offer Supplies directly through our Airship fleet with possibility on delivering them on point forgoing having to cater hubs. We do however wait for a response from Royal Seleucid first. We do not intend to just Drop in like an unannounced cousin visiting. We will also offer relief for the next harvest in form of Seeds or other necessities, should they be requested, to get the agricultural sector up again for next year."

When asked about the reaction expected from Tamora and the Iwi, the speaker elaborated further:

"We do strongly believe that Tamora is setting wrong priorities here. A Nation they often called allies is in dire need but their focus is on conjuring a war with their Neighbour Slava. Both have reasons to distrust and hate each other. But that's not going to feed mouths in Seleucid that need it. As for the Iwi, i am very sure they don't mind us preventing People from starving or a full on Civil war. We aren't delivering Weapons here."

Elder Senator Herrlich: "Rockenjima should stop playing sink Ships."

After the Debate about Seleucid Aid, Elder Senator Henriette Herrlich offered Stern words for Rockenjima movements near the Cost of Slava Lavosk:

"Whenever someone doesn't fall in Line with the Empresses Opinion, she seems to Send Ships right away. For a Nation that keeps on claiming it's will for Peace, they sure seem to intend to get that Peace by Naval Canons. We had Three Incidents since Neu Uburzis Emerged from Seclusion, one with Kaitane, one with Zimalia and now this. The Empress and her underlings that keep getting the Blame should consider to Stop playing Sink Ships on open Waters, and actually attempt Diplomacy outside of Threats for once."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

N.U.I.S.A.N.Ce reveals Plans for revamp of National Sports Complexes

The Sports Association has announced that it will Pour in Funds and Effort to bring the National Arenas and Sports Facilities up to date with International Standards, while maintaining Environmental Aspects, over the course of the Next Years. Quoting the News Central:

"We transpire to bring our View of Sustainability of Sports to the International Stage, but this requires that our Stage is capable of Holding Events of the Size. We will ensure though, that Residents and Environmental Issues to stay above catering to an international crowd. Destroying the Nature is not worth Pleasing Couch Potatoes."

Rumours say the Sports Association desires to Host Mundus Games themselves to set a sign of our Glorious Nation.

Family of Poachers Sentenced harshly.

Intensive search warrants and Tips from Locals had resulted in the Arrest of Walter W. and his eleven Year old Son. They where both Charged with Poaching of endangered Species on at least Fifteen Accounts. In a private hearing Both where Sentenced to Harsh punishments, as the boy lacked any sense of remorse his sentenced ended higher than expected.

The father was sentenced to two Years in Prison, not only for Poaching but also for giving his Son life  Ammunition and a Gun without Parental Supervision in a determined Facility. A third charge for firing without licence was settled as Walter W. did own a Proper Hunter's Licence.

The boy's sentence Includes fifty Strikes in a Public whipping, to be dispersed in groups of Tens over the Next Months. Part of the harsh sentence was the fact that the boy had an additional Charge of firing upon a Police officer when getting arrested. Additionally the boy will be enrolled into Neu Uburzis Military Academy until Age 18 starting next September. Upon reaching Age 16 the Walter W.'s son gets a change of Evaluation to shorten the Sentence

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Youth Senates begin debate about Medical Databases

Following an Exchange of Bone Marrow Databanks with East Moreland, the Elder Senate has Ordered a Grand Debate, traditionally starting in the Youth Senates.

Topic of the Discussion was the need of Data Security, the Desire of International Organisation, and the Question of adjusting our laws to achieve the Goals. Ahead of the Discussion the Youth Senates had been given Informational Material about Leukemia and Marrow Donations, but also about the threat of leaked DNA information.

The Rush for the Limited Speaker slots has resulted in many Cities adding a second or even third discussion round out of regular Schedule. The Emperor himself has decided to add his Speech outside of the halls, opening up another Slot for the discussion to Youth Senators. We follow with some Quotes from the first round of Discussions:

Markus Müller 17, Niameck Youth Senate: "I conclude that we can not drag over physical Server Banks every time a Patient needs to be compared. But neither can we just send sensible Data via the Internet. I suggest we bring the small amount of Data to us rather than the other way around. It is safer for the Mass of Data to have them compared in House, and the Patient Data to be sent and compared."

Juliane März 14, Affenburg Youth Senate: "I had Leukemia, i survived because my older Brother could donate for me. But four of the Children in my Hospital died. I saw them wither away young, their Parents grieving. Could they have been saved if we had the Data from East Moreland? From Achkaerin? That's not even sure. What i do know, is that it would have given them a chance. If we want to Strive to be better, an international standard and connected Data is a simple, and mostly Pain free way to Achieve that."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Imperial Family takes stance against "Fox-Leak"

With the recent Leak from the Hospital room of Moreland Princess Rhiannon, the Imperial Palace has Issued a Statement after it came to public knowledge one of the Imperial Princess had been mentioned.

"We are dismayed anyone would disturb the privacy of a child in such a horrifying way. Rhiannon is sick and in bed, faces fear and worries that scare us adults to the bone, yet one of the people who should protect her decided to profit from it. We also make clear there are currently no plans about the fox in the Palace. The Princess is alive, that's all there is to say about this."

Additionally the Results of the Grand Debates first two rounds in the General Senates came in, resulting in one suggestion given majority, and getting forwarded to the Elder Senate:

• Each Nation Participating shall host their own citizens Data, and is responsible for the Security.
  • The Empire of Neu Uburzis is willing to host the Central Hub for Gathering Patient Data, Distributing and Storing Results, forwarding requests for comparison with the National Donor Databanks.
  • The Patient and Donor Data shall be anonym. Aside from the Hospital forwarding the Request, no one will know the actual Identity of the Patient.
  • The Patient and Donor have to Match Medical Standards. A Medical Standard shall be decided by a group of Experts from several Nations.
  • Misuse of Data shall be handled by National courts, depending on who was effected. If necessary through trials in each effected Nation separately.

Prince Regent announces plans for Meeting Mid Aranye Heads of State

In the middle of the Crisis, the Prince Regent has announced he is having Plans to meet several Heads of State in Mid Aranye. This includes the Heads of  State for Tamora and Slava Lavosk, as well as the newly appointed King of Royal Seleucid.

"I need to make sure whatever we decide, we take a look in Person and not just talking about each other. I especially have high hopes for the meeting with King Heydar. The chance to forge a way forward is now, and i have Faith that Wisdom has taken host within the new King."

Parents flip the Bird

Following a renewed attack of so called high Priestess Denman on Prince Rhiannon, long standing enemy of hers, Admiral Mathilda Eidemeier, Mother of two Daughters living in East Moreland, brought a group of Parents together that all have Children with either hereditary or developed Conditions. Together they all posed to Flip a Bird to the Woman:

"If we do not stand together in the Face of that Woman, hiding behind a Pretense of Religion that only serves to make herself a make Believe avatar of her God, while she insults a someone fighting Death and sickness, then we do not deserve to stand against anyone else. Even Tamoran slavers wouldn't insult a child struggling for survival."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Prince Regent starts Travel to Royal Seleucid

This morning the Alexandra 3 set off from the Neu Uburzis City Airfield, marking the beginning of the Prince Regent's Travel to Mid Aranya.
A Press Statement mentioned he was going to meet with the new King of Royal Seleucid, though he gave expectations an immediate dampening:

"It is to be expected that his Majesty King Heydar and myself will not agree on several aspects. Diplomacy isn't meant to be a meet, greet and sign Friendship Papers. That's just not how the world works. I will talk with him, and we will probably trade unpleasant opinions and viewpoints. Yet this is the true duty of a Head of State, working through tough relations. Not everything is Daisy Chains and Sunshine. I am very sure King Heydar comes from a Similar Standpoint."

The news comes amid a revelation Discussed in our next article

War Criminal revealed to be Imperial Citizen

Multi Lawyered Inc., the largest law firm in the Empire with over 20 local offices, has released a statement of an upcoming trial to an Imperial Citizen in the Commonwealth of the Iwi. They represent a former Soldier who had defected from the Royal Seleucid army and later married a woman from the Empire.

According to the statement, he first went to the Iwi to allow them to get closure, then contacted his lawyers:

"We wish our client would have first come to us, and then sign a complete Confession. We can disclose that he has been cooperative with the persecution, and they have been with us. His security has been ensured to the best efforts, and he is treated fairly, for what he has supposedly done. We have agreed with the Commonwealth officials to not release further details, since his statements have resulted in further investigations."

Palace prays for Princess' recovery

As we have received news of the Royal East Moreland Press office that a Donor for Princess Rhiannon was found, and immediate Statement by the Palace followed, stating that they all pray for her to gain a successful treatment.

"Finding a Donor is only step one, so much more can go wrong. We pray it doesn't. The little girl has been through enough."

Sources claim that the Family was seen at the city temple, together with Grandmaster Erik Schultz and Several High Priests from different Cults.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Naturism allowed on all Imperial Beaches

After Several debates across the Senates concerning effects on potential tourism, the Elder Senate has announced that Naturism will be allowed on all beaches within the Empire, and not just selected phew, when Questioned, the speaker had the following to say:

"We believe it is post haste we get rid of rules that where originally made to keep us reigned in and under control of monotheistic cults. Theres nothing to be ashamed of, and nothing to hide. The necessity of clothing is a social construct made in times where people where made to believe having fun while conceiving children was a sin, or two men or two women spending value time together was worthy an execution. We aren't living in these archaic times anymore, but slowly rebuild the prime of the Noniam Empire day by day. This is only a small step, but a strong one in symbolic nature."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Elder Senate dropping Century old Law

After the East Moreland announcement of the Augustin Children's Cancer Trust the Senates had been awkwardly quiet the past days, same as the Palace. It has been a law ever since the Suicide of a child Empress that no young member of the Imperial family was allowed to assume public duties, and showcasing pictures of them was faced with prison.

The Law however has raised several issues since our emergence from isolation, namely the pretense of the Emperor not being the emperor at a state dinner, or having to ask journalists of a foreign nation not to take pictures and several more instances.

It has now been announced by the Speaker, that the law has been dropped, and all people imprisoned or reprimanded for breaking it have been pardoned along side.

A statement from the Palace reads as follows:

"We have decided to disregard the law, as the protection is no longer a given. Children in these day and age have their face often plastered around the world anyway, through the means of social media. It is a Parents duty to ensure the security, or a caretakers, no longer that of the law. And we are sure that the Prince Regent, his Sister and Parents are very capable of raising the Imperial children. The example of Prince Augustin standing up to get our whole nation to accept an issue leading beyond our sole borders is leading. We will release a separate statement about the offer from East Moreland soon, most likely with a few words from Prince Augustin himself."

The decision marks the end of a long standing tradition, and might release up to 200 Adults and 150 Convict cadets.

Senate's reluctant to decide on Theocracy

After Months of back and forth debates, the Nations Senates are still split in half about the pending acceptance of the Theocracy of Kaitane as State. While some wish to recognize the Citizens Right to Self determination, and the Republics of Kaitanes utter disrespect of proper procedures in Trials, and Cultural genocide and Witch hunt going on for over a century, others wish to stay clear and strengthen the Bond between East Moreland rather than risk it over a fringe religious group.

The Religion itself has been accepted as such, by giving it a Temple/Church of their own to staff in the Embassy District. A private Military academy for Girls has gone one step ahead, directly trying to recruit Members of the Faith for their Teachers staff:

"One can not deny the Military Prowess of the Bene Gesserit Fighters, and i'd be happy to share some of our teaching experience for Proper citizens with a Bene Gesserit, and gaining some experience in Return. I have to make clear, that we are not, and have not been affiliated with them in the Past - we are not one of these so called Chapterhouses, even though seeing their results, i sure wish we where."

The Academy had been failing to bring good results in sports or academic contests for the students, and it is suggested they try to radically restructure, willing to undergo radical change in their stance.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Prince Augustin to Visit East Moreland during Summer Break

Tied to the young Prince working hard to use his Position for the betterment of Children with Cancer, including several TV adds, and voicing the Bunny "Schnuffelchen" in an upcoming Educational Cartoon about Health and Disease for Children Age Ten and younger, is said to Travel to East Moreland during his School Break in Summer. Official Press Office from the Palace released the following statement:

"We are currently planning an official Visit to the Future Site of the Augustin Cancer center, among other still debated activities. To clarify, Prince Augustin has insisted that should be going himself, and has not been pressured by us to do so.  We also wish to announce that the Augustin Children's Cancer Trust created by King David of East Moreland will find itself with significant backing from the Imperial Family."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile

Summercamps Organisator would happily host more Lodjan Students

Following Queen Klara of Lodja's statement about the summer camps in Neu Uburzis, the Organisators have reached out to Lodjan schools:

"We are more than happy to help with a healthy upbringing of youth. Learning as to why fitness is important is best learned by getting pushed to your limits."

Additional the Military Academies have issued a joined statement: "We would be glad to work out an exchange Programm or stipends for lodjan students. We believe a young generation with our expertise and understanding would help to clean up the state of Lodja's aremd forces."