Author Topic: International Borland News  (Read 2959 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
International Borland News
« on: November 22, 2017, 10:42:52 AM »

REBUILDING BEGINS ON THE NORTHERN PRINCIPALITY

Following almost one year of clearing the wreckage caused by the illegal East Moreland air strike construction on the Principality of Northern Borland has begun once more. Funded through finances raised by King Kyle Barren the nation will soon once more become a thriving settlement of around 15,000. The land was seceded to the King by President Binyamin Elwes as a thank you for the nation of Borland intervening as the sole international aid organisation during an outbreak of Zimalian Fever. In the months that followed, under the guidance of King Kyle the area became a safe haven for many seeking to start a new life. The community became a co-operative that built hundreds of homes in short order using old shipping containers to provide family homes for both Borlanders and Zimalians seeking a fresh start in life. Without warning this safe haven was attacked by the pirate Air Force of the supposed "Kingdom" of East Moreland, killing 28 people, including 6 children. Since then many have been struggling to return to a normal life unsure whether rebuilding attempts will take place.

In a short ceremony of remembrance, attended by Rashid Elwes, the son of the Zimalian President, King Kyle broke new ground of what will now be called Borland City of the North. The landlocked Principality will at the end of next month have built around 100 homes in a similar fashion as before, this should give some 500 people permanent homes. King Kyle spoke saying, "It is important that the nation we create here is built on equality. Unlike the evil Morelanders who control our homeland we will not force a religion on anyone or a political system. We shall once the population reaches 10,000 have a referendum on the exact political nature of our land. How many nations across Mundus can say they are built purely on the will of the people of their nation. We shall obviously work with our neighbours Zimalia to be good neighbours and support mutual growth between us. We shall soon begin taking steps to secure co-operation with the international community on a whole host of issue."

The King furthermore sent a message to the other Borland territory in the sea near Albion, Sea Tower became an independent territory in 2015 and has been home to 20 citizens of Borland ever since. They are currently lead by Governor Samuel Morris, who was elected with 16 votes in elections held six months ago. The King said, "Borland sovereign territory has always been successful, Sea Tower has become an almost self sufficient territory, it provides its own electric, trades[1] successfully and is built upon people power. It shall act as a beacon for the Principality and I look forward to our two territories supporting each other." The King also spoke of his excitement about the up coming World Cup. "Once more we'll be able to test ourselves against fellow nations from across Mundus. It is our hope to improve on our last outing and show people what we are capable of. I will sadly be too busy here working on giving my people homes, jobs and a future, unlike a supposed "King" of East Moreland who even betrayed his own "country" by representing a foreign fake nation." The Borland squad is expected to be named in the coming 48 hours.
 1. mainly by selling its stamps and coins as collectors items as well as niche tourism and fishing

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: International Borland News
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 09:02:10 PM »

LODJAIN TERRORIST SYMPATHISER ON TRIAL

The trial of a Lodjain government minister is due to begin tomorrow. Lady Anna Utkin, the Lodjain Minister for Social Affairs was arrested two days ago and charged with a range of offenses listed below.

1) Helping Fund Terrorist Organisations - As a member of the Lodjain Conclave she voted to give funds to an organisation known as the East Moreland Aircraft Company, known for supplying terrorists with weapons of mass destruction. Furthermore she gave a known terrorist organisation, namely the "Red Legion" of the supposed Kingdom of East Moreland, training facilities within their nation, effectively permitting a terrorist training camp.

2)Aiding a Terrorist Organisation - She has willingly put members of the Lodjain military under the command of a terrorist organisation, namely the aforementioned Red Legion.

3)Providing Shelter for a Fugitive - In that as Minister of Social Affairs she has responsibility for housing in Lodja and has on several occasions given the terrorist leader David Ironside shelter in Lodja willingly.

The court will meet tomorrow morning when the trial shall formally begin. In keeping with Borland law however it has been agreed between the judges and the King that should Lady Anna plead guilty an out of court settlement can be offered which would see no trial and Lady Anna set free. King Kyle explained, "We are a just nation, unlike the false government of East Moreland we do not execute new mothers, murder babies and separate children from their families. We understand that Lady Anna comes from humble beginnings in Lodja and has done well to raise to her current position and for that she is deserving of respect. The good works she has undertaken make me believe that deep down she is a good person. It is sad to say however Lodja's social structure means someone like Lady Anna is always easily manipulated by those who by fortune of birth are granted great power and little true responsibility to their people. As such I instructed my prosecutors to offer her this deal, it is my sincere hope that she takes it, accepts the conditions attached and we can put this whole incident behind us."

The King has asked Lady Anna to publically admit her crimes and apologise. Should that happen and compensating measures take place Lady Anna would be released and would be free to return to Lodja. However should a trial take place and Lady Anna be found guilty she would face the death penalty. A jury of 12 individuals randomly selected will listen to the evidence and should all 12 find her guilty the judge would be able to pass a death sentence which would be carried out by hanging. King Kyle addressed this, "I pray in some ways that she is innocent and even if guilty just one person may see some innocence in her, I fear a guilty verdict would bring the death penalty and I would feel duty bound to my people to stand by the sentence given even though I feel Lady Anna is a victim of her circumstances."

The trial will be televised around the world on the International Borland News YouTube channel and is likely to last several days.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: International Borland News
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 08:44:28 PM »

MORELANDERS USE CHEMICAL WEAPONS

Following the unwarranted attack on the Borlander operated Weather Station known as SeaTowers the King of Borland, King Kyle Barren, has released security camera footage from the incident that shows the group of attackers used chemical weapons. The Armed Forces of Borland were unable to reach the Alucard based platform to stop the assault nor have they been able to retrieve chemical samples. A Borlander spokesman stated, "The footage clearly shows some kind of device exploding to release a small cloud of some sort, soon after the Borlander researchers on-board SeaTowers collapsed, some clearly dead. We see on the footage Morelander terrorists moving through the Weather Station, easily subduing a peaceful civilian scientific team and in some cases stepping over wounded individuals only to execute them at point blank range." The footage has been made available to media outlets via the internet and King Kyle has called for David Ironside to be arrested and face charges relating to the Uppsala Convention which strictly forbids the use of chemical weapons.