Author Topic: Stories Of The Brave  (Read 5218 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Stories Of The Brave
« on: February 24, 2018, 09:05:08 PM »
Stories Of The Brave

Stories of the Brave is a series of day to day stories from the members of the Achkaerinese military ranging from mess hall encounters, to mishaps and hilarity to the testing of the latest equipment in training exercises. There's even the possibility of looking back in time to how some of the household officers carved their names into the history of the Armed Forces.

Contents

Just Another Day
The Watchers
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 04:03:02 PM by Achkaerin »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Stories Of The Brave
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 09:13:56 PM »
Just Another Day

The Mhorish was always a relaxing place to be, it was calm, picturesque and for the most part usually trouble free, against this backdrop the INS Sharingan cruised along, it was a standard patrol mission en route from a layover in Revana back towards home up north. The ships CO Captain Yuki Tyler stepped onto the bridge pulling on her uniform jacket, it was a little warm outside after all.
"Anything interesting?" Yuki asked
"Not really just another day in paradise." her XO Commander Beckett said, Yuki glanced around the bridge it was a well knit crew she had serving under her.
"What's our current position?" Yuki asked
"Right here." Beckett said tapping the interactive table otherwise known as the "Tactics Table" that captain's on Achkaerinese vessels used "Steering well clear of the CNN exercises."
"Good." Yuki said "Keep a wide berth and let's do our job."

Then it happened an urgent message flashed up on the electronic tablet that Yuki had on the table it was an alert regarding a statement from the Royal East Moreland Press Office
"Oh boy." Beckett said
"That's one way of putting it." Yuki said she sighed the ring she wore on her right hand well within her eyeline, a reminder of her status as one of the small group of naval officers the Emperor had trained, it wasn't like this sort of thing hadn't been covered. First things first get the ship clear of the imminent threat and see where the chips fell, she took a couple of moments to think it through "Lt Nesbit set course north west let's get out of this things path if we can bring the speed right the way up."
"Yes ma'am." Nesbit said
"Commander Beckett sound condition blue through the ship." Yuki said
"Aye skipper." Beckett said, soon the light bars that ran through the vessel were all gently pulsing blue as the ship picked up speed "Worried about this boss?"
"Yep." Yuki said "An hour to get to a safe distance. Let's make it happen."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 04:02:32 PM »
The Watchers

12th May 2019, Sea of Kyne, Operation Vigilance

It was another good day weather wise in the Kyne, with the Seleucid situation having been handled and the tensions of the region having simmered down somewhat, though still plenty strained the Achkaerinese Navy had adopted a posture that reflected the circumstances - the presence, on a small scale, was down to one reason and one reason alone...the potential nuclear threat emanating from Slava Lavosk. Operation Vigilance was an Achkaerinese operation that involved four Achkaerinese naval vessels holding station in international waters close to Slavan territory, they weren't right on the doorstep but a fair distance away it was enough to be able to watch and act if the nuclear threat from Slava did materialize. At the heart of the operation was the navy's INS Hope and Musketeer class vessels, today it was the turn of the INS James Robbins to be relieved by the INS Rhyth Icerider. On the foredeck of the Rhyth Icerider the ships CO Captain Fiona Baines stood taking in the breeze, her eyes closed, she much preferred it this way, there was another captain in the navy who did this and claimed that she could 'hear the voice of the sea' whatever that meant. Her relaxation was disturbed by her radio, the captain of the James Robbins Bradley Saunders was calling the bridge, time to back indoors, she made her way to the bridge and picked up the radio.

"Welcome to the madhouse Fiona." Bradley said his voice coming over the radio quite clearly
"Very funny." Fiona said "Anything to report?"
"No indications of activity relating to the alleged nuclear development but it's early days yet and all about keeping on top of them." Bradley said "All our aircraft have done is fly CAP."
"I see." Fiona said
"Speaking of I see you're ferrying those shiny new Dragonbreaths the military bought." Bradley said "Why do you get all the fun?"
"Lucky for the most part." Fiona said "When do you get yours?"
"Few weeks according to the schedule, I make port at Antares, the Bats I'm carrying get moved off and the pilots go on the next training cycle for the Dragonbreath." Bradley said "Still means my crew gets a few weeks leave so not all bad."
"Enjoy yourself." Fiona said "James Robbins you're relieved."
"Acknowledged." Bradley said.

Half an hour later Fiona was on the INS Hope meeting the ships Captain and the overall field officer in command of Operation Vigilance Captain Thomas Webster.
"Captain." Thomas said
"Captain." Fiona said, with the formalities exchanged the pair smiled "Anything I need to know?"
"The Slavan's don't seem bothered by our presence they're doing the usual long range shadowing of any aircraft that go close to their airspace." Thomas said "But until we can spot the location of anything relevant to this it's not going to get messy."
"And if we make that spot then all bets are off anyway." Fiona said
"Precisely." Thomas said "For the moment it's watching and waiting."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 09:21:14 PM »
The Phoenix

There were days that Adam Sheppard, the Achkaerin Minister of Defence liked more than others, he was a politician these days so he'd had to learn the game from that side but when he got to come out to a navy harbour like here in Gowu it reminded him of the days when he'd been the most senior military officer in the Achkaerinese military. He was in Gowu to take a look at something new that had been developed for use by the Achkaerinese Navy, the Phoenix Project was the codename of the venture. Adam knew what it was and what he was expecting to see but even when he saw the impressive craft in front of him he had to chuckle a little. He looked at where Vice Admiral Michelle Sherman was waiting for him.

"I know there was a joke once about stealing the Ekrabadger." Adam said "Please tell me that no one actually talked Rion into it."
"Of course not." Michelle said "She does what the Morelander legend does but this thing is entirely Achkaerinese."
"And this is where your planned shift in the Navy begins?" Adam asked
"Yes." Michelle said "We're not a sledgehammer we're a scalpel, fast and versatile, sword and shield."
"Will she be fast enough?" Adam asked
"She'll do what we want her to do." Michelle said "Special Forces will be happy."
"I bet they will be." Adam said "I'm looking forward to watching the test."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 08:02:05 PM »
Under Siege

The Achkaerinese military had a reputation for calmness in the face of whatever came their way, it was well earned and rooted in their training, but even with all their training and all the drills they'd done, some things still elicited a different response. The stationing of a security presence at the Nemphis Nuclear Power Station had been agreed because of a number of risk factors, mainly associated with the potential for a terrorist strike along the lines of what had happened in East Moreland, it was simple enough a rotating deployment to safeguard the facility while it was decommissioned but now it was a whole lot more complicated. The current senior Achkaerinese Officer on site was Major Ewan Locksley of the marines, he had his squad there, then there was a Scouts squad and finally an ASF troop. Ewan was on the plants roof with Charlotte I'Joula, the pair of them looking at a map.
"Clysperi forces are holding for now but this perimeter is shrinking." Ewan said "Sobeknakht thankfully isn't Nekhtou so it's slower going, but the smaller our perimeter gets the easier time his forces will have cutting those lines."
"They likely can't take the facility, we have the high ground and all the advantages inside the fence." Charlotte said
"So it's going to be a siege." Ewan said
"I would say so." Charlotte said

There was a sudden uptick in gun fire, caused by the return of the scouts squad that was posted at the plant, one by one they got inside the perimeter and out of harms way, Ewan had made his way downstairs "Captain." he said
"Sir." Captain Kara Dyer said
"How bad?" Ewan asked
"Sobeknakht's forces have a hard perimeter five clicks out." Kara said "Road blocks, gun positions the whole works. They're mainly holding at two clicks out and only advancing to chase us off."
"Which means they're cutting lines in that area." Ewan said
"We're standing inside a bomb sir." Kara said "If the generators give out..."
"I know." Ewan said "It's going to be a long one. Take inventory, weapons, ammunition, rations and supplies."
"Yes sir." Kara said
"How dug in are they?" Ewan asked
"Very, it's going to be slow going pushing them away." Kara said "The cavalry's going to have a hard time."
"So it's the twenty six of us plus seventy Clysperi soldiers and a handful of scientists against a numerically superior force." Ewan said "Not the best odds."