Author Topic: A Letter to New Derusmia  (Read 2624 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
A Letter to New Derusmia
« on: May 10, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »

A Private Message to New Derusmia

To the Government of New Derusmia;

The apology issued by President Feish over the apparent support for the so called (and now defeated) Confederation of Clysperis expressed by New Derusmia is welcome however much like the Pharaoh of Clysperis the Achkaerinese leadership and Government is concerned over the extent of this support and while we appreciate a press release is hardly the place to be publishing the specifics of the matter, there are concerns we would like to address with you over the matter.

As such we'd like representatives of the Derusmian Government to make themselves available for talks in Valtheim with the Achkaerinese Government to address this matter and to discuss other matters that may be of interest.

Signed

Cheryl Holmes
Minister for the Diplomatic Office

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
  • this man GUCCI'D down to the SOCKS but need $4 🤨
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Federation of Kaimaya
Re: A Letter to New Derusmia
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 01:20:04 AM »

To: Minister for the Diplomatic Office, Cheryl Holmes

I can understand you may be skeptical about the details of New Derusmian involvement in the Clypseri Civil War, in which Achkaerin played a major role. Therefore, I will be arriving in Valtheim as soon as possible so that I may answer any questions you might have. I hope this meeting will provide you with the clarity you need and will avoid any unneeded troubles in the future.

Yours truly,

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 09:34:20 PM »

Liberty Hall, Home of the Achkaerin Senate

It was perhaps the most unexpected start to the new Senate term, however as the wheels of government began to move after the recent election attention turned to mopping up matters from the previous term and beginning to bring about the vision of the new. The visit of New Derusmia was in effect a bit of both, there was the matter related to the Clysperi war which was in the mopping up column and also the potential building for the future which went into the new column. Liberty Hall, the home of the Senate sat at one point of the 'triangle of power' in what was known as the Valtheim Plateau area, the other two points occupied by the Supreme Court and the Marble Palace. Waiting in the entrance hall of the building was Cheryl Holmes she was happy to be back after the election and happy to be still in her job. She smiled when she saw one of the building stewards point a group over to her, this was it the Derusmian's had arrived.

"Good afternoon and welcome to Valtheim." Cheryl said "I'm Cheryl Holmes Minister for the Diplomatic Office. If you'll come with me, the Consul is waiting." she smiled and led the group towards a stairway "I know it's a little unusual meeting in a building as busy as this but we're just getting back to work in these parts and it's a little manic at the moment so please bear with us."

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:52:20 AM »
As Ebston followed her up the stairs, he took notice to the historical beauty of Liberty Hall. Its pathways were adorned with statues, and the circular building stood higher than the modern Palast Der Republik in New Derusmia. "Much better than the Reichstag back in Neu Kaunderstein." He thought to himself.

As they reached the top of the stairwell, Ebston replied to Cheryl with a light chuckle. "Oh, don't worry, I'm okay with the crowds. I've been through the 'post-election hussle' many times before." With that being said, Feish remembered what he was here for, and went back to being silent as his host led him to the consul.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 03:13:01 PM »
Cheryl led President Feish into the Consul's rooms they were essentially a mini version of the cabinet meeting room and office that could be found at the Consul's official residence of Cerulean House. Standing looking out of one of the large windows in the office was the Consul Michael Williams.

"Consul Michael Williams, this is President Feish of New Derusmia." Cheryl said

"Mr President." Michael said turning to Feish "Thank you for coming, I want to assure you that while elements of what we have to discuss may be a little troublesome this is in the interests of ensuring that ghosts are firmly laid to rest. Please have a seat, can I offer you a drink before we continue?"

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »
"Mr. Williams, greetings."

As Ebston entered the room that he was to meet the Consul in, a feeling of anxiety came over him. Of course, the details of 10 high-ranking strategists and advisors aiding the former Confederacy were already widespread, but there were other plans and operations that were never put into action, such as the highly classified plans for a missile strike on Royal Clypseri military assets, or the plans to send additional advisors into Confederacy Territory.

"They never happened, so it's OK, right?" he thought to himself as he sat down at the table.

Now sitting down, Ebston spoke first.

"Is there anything you'd like to specifically discuss to start the meeting?" he said with a smile.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 05:47:11 PM »
"Personally Mr President I'd like to get the elephant in the room out of the way first and then discuss other things. You know finish on a high kind of thing." Michael said "We both know that there were a number of strategists and advisors from New Derusmia in Clysperis to aid the so called and now former Confederation of Clysperis. What concerns us in this is that we have a list of atrocities carried out by the so called Confederation during the conflict, they are of several different types, what I'm hoping is that you're prepared to be transparent with us about what if anything your strategists and advisors involvements were in the events on this list." he handed Feish a copy of the list

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 05:05:12 AM »
Ebston quickly read the page's contents. There were only a few atrocities he recognized, such as the looting of historic sites and the infamous terrorist attack. The others, he wasn't informed of.

"In my first official message to Nekhtou, I had requested that the Confederacy stop looting historical sites, but I had been assured that this was undertaken by looters and vandals unrelated to the Confederacy. This was before any advisors or strategists were sent to Clypseris."

Taking a drink of water, he continued.

"However, for the mosque attack in Apne, strategists had been present in Clypseris at the time, but were never involved in the attack. Again, Nekhtou had told both me and the New Derusmian support team that this attack was executed by rogue elements within the Confederacy. They had nothing to do with the mosque attack, or any other war crime for that matter."