Author Topic: Nuclear Weapons  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Nuclear Weapons
« on: August 22, 2018, 04:06:18 PM »
Recognizing that most of those who voted for nuclear weapons to remain a part of our RP are no longer with us and contributed little to debate last time, combined with the de-nuclearization of all present nuclear powers, I renew my request to the Roleplay Moderator to hold a vote as I believe the metric for revisiting the issue have more than been satisfied.

I would also suggest a suspension of any pending applications, as well as a refrain from such RP until the issue has had a proper vote.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Nuclear Weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 08:09:52 PM »
What I think is going to work best is that we insist that anyone applying for nuclear weapons must fit in with current canon. This essentially works as a ban anyway as in effect none of the current nuclear powers would have disarmed had anyone with nukes not have done so. Effectively this means that we've got what amounts to a Nuke ban but that historically we had them.

Offline Helgara

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Helgara Collective
Re: Nuclear Weapons
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »
Just a question to see if I understand the ruling, this means that the odd nuclear weapon could still appear on occasion, for instance a nation is in the middle of disarming but a situation arises where they might still use the threat of their arsenal, or a rouge nation/ terrorist group may get their hands on an old nuclear warhead, is that correct?