Author Topic: Freedom Day (OPEN)  (Read 7081 times)

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Artyomov
Freedom Day (OPEN)
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:26:06 AM »
OPEN INVITATION TO ALL NATIONS

As the new era of Arytomov arrives, I would like to invite all officials from all of the nations of Mundus to join us in celebrating true freedom at the Artyin Freedom Festival. Please RSVP ASAP.

Your's truly, President Maxim Ivanoff

Offline Dawg_17

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Stål
Re: Freedom Day (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 01:22:05 AM »

To President Maxim Ivanoff,

It is with great honour that I, Björn Thurinson, accept your invitation to the Artyin Freedom Festival. Although I ask if I can bring gifts to share with the people of Artyomov to show my gratitude for the donations from the end of the civil war.

Many Thanks,
President Björn Thurinson III

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 01:25:36 PM »

To:- President Ivanov

I must congratulate your nation on shaking off the oppression of the Communist yoke. I would be delighted to send my son CrownPrince Hadi and his two wives, Princess Yasmine and Princess Korina to attend the celebrations on my behalf. I wish your people a joyous time.

Best Wishes

King Akakois
Royal Seleucid

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 02:34:09 PM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To:- President Maxim Ivanoff

On behalf of his Holiness Pope Peter II, I shall personally partake in your joyous day of celebration when your people finally got rid of the Communist authoritarianism. I hope to see the Orthodox Patriarch as well, there certainly needs to be continued dialogue between the Western and Eastern churches and who knows when the day comes when we're once more united.

Take Care and God Bless,

Cardinal Emilé Fava, Governor-General of the Ecclesiastical State

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 11:46:09 PM »

Maxim Ivanoff stood in the center of the festival with his armed guards. He looked around at all of the food stalls, markets, rides and the stage where multiple bands, both traditional and modern, would perform. The day was free to enter, but people would need to pay for the food and an assortment of items available in the flea market. It was around 10am, and it was cold as it usually was. The people would begin coming in with the intent to purchase any of the available items at the markets. Maxim waited for his guests to turn up

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »
"Carnivals...Flea Markets...how wonderful..." the Cardinal sighed, as much as he liked the role of acting as the Pope's prime representative, which includes state visits to foreign countries that the Ecclesiastical State has taken particular interests into, he preferred to be in a lavish, 'proper' setting rather than to be in a location he enjoyed much more perhaps in his younger days. But oh well he thought, it came with the job to get used to different circumstances and scenario he didn't bother to think about it much. The important thing was to represent the Ecclesiastical State through the best of his abilities and not embarass himself and the Church especially, knowing that among the sets of guests came from an exotic country which didn't hold warm feelings towards them.

His convoy stopped right outside the festival area where locals were starting to enter as the late morning was approaching. It was particularly freezing outside, which was more common here although if one were to come directly from northern ES it wouldn't have been an issue, considering the climate was more or less the same. With some Pontifical Helvetic Guards in plain clothes by his side, he proceeded to enter the festival area witnessing the various stalls selling a diverse assortment of goods and snacks originating from Artyomov. Cardinal Fava managed to finally spot his host, President Maxim Ivanoff who considered the Pope to be a good friend, which was always a positive attribute.

"Peace be upon His Excellency, thank you for this invitation as I'm sure this will be a great day of joyous celebrations and great entertainment. His Holiness, Pope Peter II, sends his regards and blessings. I have a gift with me, which I hope his excellency would certainly enjoy having." the Cardinal said as he motioned an aid to step forward and hand the precious item to his Artyomov colleague. "This is an elaborate piece of glazed pottery depicting the Vatican Gardens, with an inscribed motto by Pope Saint John Paul II referencing to times when nations such as your can rise to immense heights once unleashed from the chains of evil ideologies that only seek to accumulate power on the weak and vulnerable." Fava tried to explain as briefly as possible, hoping that the pottery would do the rest.

"I wish to ask His Excellency, whether the Patriarch of the Artyomov Orthodox Church is present among us for later potential talks, as prevously adressed in my reply?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:37:44 AM by The Young Pope »

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 04:17:30 AM »
"Goodmorning Cardinal and thank you for this gift." He observed the gift and handed it to one of his guards, who put it in a box and took out a trinket, which he gently handed to Maxim. "We have a gift for Peter. It is very fragile so be careful.". It was a blue and gold Faberge Egg, with diamonds in it.
"Now, about the Patriarch. He would be more than happy to converse with either you, Peter or another official representative, but we just got to find time for him to meet up with you." Maxim dismissed his guards and began to walk with his guest around the festival. "Currently, he is very sick and is in hospital. I cannot remember what illness it is. I think it is ligma, or a heart disease but he will probably survive."
The first band walked onto the stage and began playing.
Maxim looked at his wrist and looked around. What he was looking was unclear, but it was obvious he was looking for something (or someone).

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 10:58:50 PM »
The Crown Prince had spent much of the flight over to Arytomov discussing his daughter Zareen's future with her mother Princess Yasmine, she would turn 18 in a few months and had expressed an interest of travelling a little first before maybe next year going to University. Yasmine was all for that, well the University part at least as the prospect of her daughter travelling strange foreign lands upset him. Hadi meanwhile wanted his eldest to be getting married as soon as possible, he'd even gone so far as instructing the royal families staff to start looking at potential suitors, including Tamora even. This had left Hadi's second wife Korina as a gooseberry and so she had confined herself to one of the aircrafts bedrooms where she was watching some trashy romantic comedy film. It was only once the aircraft had touched down that the three of them were together, each wife holding one of Hadi's hands. The two women weren't exactly best of friends but did get along rather well, Hadi saw it that Yasmine was his practical and sensible wife, a great mother and adviser, meanwhile Korina was the fun wife, younger beautiful and less concerned with politics. They made their way to the festival grounds where Hadi spotted Ivanoff having remembered him from the Jewel of the Desert Festival. The man couldn't be too strong of a leader, he'd just seen his entire nation change around him, had anyone remotely suggested that to Hadi's father he suspected that someone would soon be getting lost in the desert.

"Hello President" Hadi said as he approached. "Allow me to introduce the better part of Seleucid's delegation, my wives." he smiled, "This is Princess Yasmine and this is Princess Korina" each gave a slight bow of their head as to convey their greetings. "Now my father sends his apology, business keeps him from enjoying the festivities but he did ask me to convey this to you" He handed over a box about the size of a egg box but made from gold inlaid with precious stones, inside was a mountain of saffron. "A gift to a reborn nation" he said warmly. "And my father wishes you all the best" He noticed the emissary of Pope and the smile disappeared "I hope your chickens are all secure Mr.President" Hadi added his eyes firmly towards the Cardinal.

Yasmine sensed the hatred in Hadi and pulled on his hand bringing his attention back to the matter at hand. "Thank you for hosting us" The Princess said. "You must be busy greeting your guests so if you do not object we shall go explore. I am sure you and my husband can find time for your business later" she pulled Hadi away leaving Maxim to continue welcoming his arrivals. "Your father would not wish a scene" she reminded him as they headed towards a nearby stall.

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 04:54:03 AM »
"Ahh, thank you for this. I shall give you a gift in return." Maxim put the gift into the same box that he put the other gift from the cardinal in and pulled out another Faberge egg, this time being yellow instead of blue, and with rubies instead of diamonds. "It is very fragile, so don't be careless with it." Maxim looked Hadi's two wives and then back to the crown prince. He was not a very big fan of polygamy and already held a form of dislike for the Royal Seleucid.
"Swear to the lord, those people!" He whispered to himself before recognizing that the Cardinal was there. "Oh, sorry for that language, sir. When will Artyom get here already? He is going to be one hour late!"

Artyom had just finished a patrol when he walked into the festival entrance and looked around to find Maxim, but saw crowds of people at stalls and different vendors.
"Shit, i'm late" He whispered to himself as he frantically looked around. He still had his AK-103 slung over his shoulder, and still had his blue telynashka on

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 10:40:09 AM »
Cardinal Fava could only scoff and chuckle a bit after the RS couple paid a visit to the stalls, "Damn Pagan fools..." he told himself. To be honest, he really didn't care that much which side of the political alleigances the Ecclesiastical State belonged to, whether the Church state allied itself with the CNN or the more 'controversial' nations like RS and Tamora who adhered to traditional practices, the fact that the Pope did something which was considered to be 'dumb' in many's eyes were perhaps justified but that was the only hickup one could see during his 5 year long pontificate, besides he always found it deeply insulting that someone could equate him to the Pope, "If I was the General-Governor at that time, I could have done something about it". In any case, he noticed that his Artyomov host didn't particular care for them either, which gladdened him more.

"Oh Maxim, if I were you I wouldn't worry about a weasel eating your chickens. I would be more concerned about a pack of wolves slaughtering your unguarded sheep." he replied with a subtle smile. It was at this moment that Maxim's colleague Artyom arrived, who certainly looked to be the fun guy one were to have during parties to make events more spectacular to begin with. The Cardinal greeted Artyom, giving him words of compliment whilst giving him an additional gift in the process, "Just Red Chianti Wine from the Ecclesiastical State, hope it'll suit your taste...In any case my good friend Artyom, how are you faring these days? Is the band of yours doing well?" the Cardinal asked, hoping to get a chit-chat going on as more people streamed into the festival area checking out the stalls whilst the music bands started to perform.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 02:15:27 PM »
The Minister of Internal Affairs, Eduardo Buenarbe, was told by King Lapu to visit Artyomov as a delegate due to the King's visit in East Moreland. Moreover, both men decided to not send an official letter as the King was still attending the Festival of Sail while Eduardo decided that it was supposed to be an informal visit so he thought it was unnecessary. The minister wore a very thick coat and immediately had a look around the stalls, buying a few souvenirs and a few street food as a way to pass time while waiting and looking for Maxim, although he understood little to none of the language. He first saw Cardinal Fava, so he grabbed the cardinal's hand and put them on his forehead as a way to show respect just like what Quintelians do. "Great seeing you around here, are there any other foreign delegates? Allies, maybe?" He said as he looked over his shoulders and spotted who looked like a Seleucidian Prince. "Well, I guess the atmosphere here will get a little warmer, I would probably need to take this coat off at some point." He gave a small chuckle amd patted him on the shoulders as he went on and walked about the flea market as to try and find Maxim while staying away from both the Cardinal and the prince as to prevent getting in the crossfire.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 02:25:20 AM »
Prince Simon Azurewind hadn't had the opportunity to do any official royal or diplomatic duties for a while, there were reasons for this and lately that reason had been his military career as a pilot in the Achkaerin Air Force, however with his latest tour of duty over he found himself back representing Achkaerin in the diplomatic arena and also doing something else, his father the Emperor was starting to focus on building the experience in this arena of the rest of the family so accompanying Simon on this trip was his cousin Ashleigh Whitaker, she didn't have that much experience abroad but that was down to her being the bookworm type and the dutiful student.

Artyomov was geographically speaking close to Achkaerin but there had been little to no contact between the two nations, something that was likely down to the previous government of this state. Still it did seem like a reasonably interesting place, their hosts were pulling out all the stops by the looks of things but as Simon looked around at the other foreign dignatories he could see in the crowd he sighed.

"This has the potential to get messy." Simon said talking to Ashleigh "We have over there Cardinal Fava of the Ecclesiastical State and over there Crown Prince Hadi of Royal Seleucid."
"Weasel gate then." Ashleigh said
"In a phrase yes." Simon said "That's a Quintelian over there, you can tell by the way he's greeted the Cardinal."
"And our hosts?" Ashleigh asked
"Judging by the guards right this way." Simon said

Simon led Ashleigh over and addressed their hosts.

"It's excellent to finally be able to visit your nation, allow me to make the introductions I'm Simon and this is my cousin Ashleigh." Simon said
"As is our custom upon our first official contact with a nation we offer a gift." Ashleigh said she handed over a small oaken box, it contained a mini replica of the Cradle Stone but also a book illustrating all the different languages that were found on it, the real one was located at the Achkaerin University of Art and Culture, the thinking behind the gift was to promote the idea of common understanding across boundaries.

"We'd appreciate the opportunity to talk with yourselves later on to get to know each other better." Simon said

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 10:55:42 AM »
Brasicus II had just seized total control and was busy at home dealing with the state. He instead sent his Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kara Rsizadam and the leaders 2 oldest children, Heir-Preacher Brasicus III and Bergit II to the event.  Cabbagelandiet had been in a tough spot, as they had been a new state and were looking for new friends of diplomatic nature, and Kara Rsizadam was hoping to acquire some.

Kara Rsizadam was excited as he got off the plane, hoping to get to a dark corner and take a smoking break but Brassica III and Bergit II would need supervision so they wouldn't start a crisis. The group decided to go shopping a bit before adressing their host.
"Well the food is varied here." said Heir-Preacher Brassica III as he looked around. All his home has were alot of cabbage-based foods and products. He decided to try some with his sister Bergit II.
While the two were having their food, Kara Rsizadam was looking around, trying to see who was around. He noticed he was a bit late and decided to hurry up and meet with their hosts.

Before speaking, Kara Rsizadam took a deep breath, hoping to not mess this diplomatic encounter up.
"Hello Mr. President, I'm Kara Rsizadam, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and these two are Heir-Preacher Brasicus III and Bergit II. From Our Great Leader and Preacher Brasicus II, a box containing the best of our fine culture, an emerald in shape of a cabbage, a model of the Great Capital Brassican church, and a little statuette of our great leader." Kara Rsizadam paused to take a breath, "We'd like the opportunity to enter into further discussion with you."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:36:46 PM by CabbagePreacher »
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 06:12:45 PM »
"Then I am the wolf, my friend." Maxim chuckled grimly as he eyed off the prince with a deep feeling of anger. Maxim stopped himself before "Anyway" He saw Artyom walking towards him with open arms. "Hello, my friend Artyom!" They hugged each other and laughed.
"This is excellent!" Artyom chuckled. "Never seen the city so alive! Hello Cardinal. First of all, thanks for the wine. I like a good drink. Secondly, my band is fine. We haven't done anything lately with the huge transition from communism to federation. I will be off now to prepare for the military parade. Farewell!"

Maxim had his hands full with foreign visitors whom he had not expected to come, including a Minister from Cabbageladiet, and one from Achkaerin. He had not expected this many guests to turn up, but had enough Faberge eggs to satisfy them. He went to the Achkaerin visitor first.
"Welcome to Artyomov, my friend. I hope you are enjoying yourself here today. Here is a gift from our nation to yours." He pulled out yet another Faberge egg and handed it to Simon. "We can enter a discussion after the military parade, which is happening in about 20 minutes."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 09:03:59 PM »
The Lodjains didn't have foreign ministers like many nations and Queen Klara was busy ensuring that the military overhaul was keeping on track, as always on this kind of occasion the Lodjain prescence would be made up of a high ranking noble and in this case they didn't come too much higher. It was tradition in Lodja that the descendents of a Queen for three generations were entitled to use royal titles, and so the grand-daughter of Queen Sonja had been dispatched. Princess Anfisa had assumed quiet a few roles since her departure from the Priesthood, the most recent being the nations representative to the CNN. This visit though was in many respects a training exercise for Princess Alana, the younger sister of the deceased Queen Viktoria, Alana had attended various meetings with other nations but never with a mind to becoming some kind of envoy for her nation.

The pair arrived and went to seek out their host. They had a small silver box with salt from the Isle of the Goddess and handed it over.

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 08:37:16 AM »
"Greetings, friends and thank you for the gifts!" Maxim laughed. "I will need a new shelf after today for all of these gifts!" Maxim gave the representatives from Cabbageland and Lodja different gifts. The gifts were  little wooden boxs with hand carved patterns on the case and a ruby inside of one and an emerald in the other. Maxim told them he had to be off and walked up onto the stage.
"Greetings, all the people here. More people than I expected." He said into the microphone followed by a small laugh from the crowd.  "As you all know, the glorious military parade will be taking place now so please get off of the streets and stand or sit in an acceptable place. Thank you and enjoy." Maxim went over to each of the foreign representatives and told them that they would be given access to the observing platform, which was located at the end of the parade on an elevated platform.

Maxim and other foreign representatives all joined each other at the platform. There was silence and then suddenly the growling of a tank began, then it grew louder. The T-14 Armata lead a formation of soldiers from the ground forces. All dressed in ceremonial gear, they carried, depending on each unit, either an AK-103 with wooden furniture, a PKM machine gun or a Dragonuv SVU. The men were accompanied by the Mikhailovich Ensemble, the nations military band. Maxim leant over to the Cabbagelandiet and began to speak.
"It feels really good to be free of the chains of such a restrictive society. How is your nation at the moment, friend?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 07:15:38 PM »
Kara Rsizadam was currently thinking about where to and how to take a smoking break when the question hit un-expectedly. Hey, the guy had called him friend, and Cabbagelandiet needed some of those friends so their 6 million people wouldn't get conquered, Kara Rsizadam thunk about a good reply and started to speak.

"Ah friend! Well, our fledgling nation is going quite well! Our Glorious Leader and Preacher Brassicus II the Chaste has just done the process of going on as the Head of State (and pretty much head of everything), some people think him abolishing the corrupt elections was bad, but our leader has promised elections are coming back soon... With less corrupted-ness. Our military has been modernizing rapidly, finally abandoning their swords and all that, though we have been having to use muskets and old rifles stol-- I mean acquired from museums since no one else will sell us any modern weaponry, which the glorious leader and preacher hopes to fix by finding a friend among this mad world of diplomacy. And the most important thing is, the leaders children are behaving for once, Brassica bless!" Kara Rsizadam made the best imitation of a laugh he could.

Kara Rsizadam took another deep breath, hoping that he had actually managed to succeed in diplomacy for once, and quickly remembering to add one last thing.
"Also friend, we have a good wood industry, actually woodchip but close enough, maybe we could get a shelf for you, to put all these gifts people have been giving you."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:21:55 PM by CabbagePreacher »

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 10:30:37 PM »
Reverned Mother Erin McGregor sat surrounded by her advisors in the Chapterhouse in Ui Cenneslaig, "So who could we send?" Erin asked.

"It has to be someone well enough connected so as to be seen as not being a slight, but at the same time someone we can say is.....expendable" Nathanial Corrino, the Duke of one of the Four Holy Houses mused trying not to sound harsh. It would be the first official outing for a member of their faith and they'd be doing so under the banner of the Free Theocracy of Kaitaine, the portion of the nation that had broke away from the Communist controlled Soviet Republic of Kaitaine. Erin wanted them to start acting like a new nation and with the Soviets effectively blockading the city of Seitch which served as the Theocracies capital there was actually little they could do, other than attend this meeting.

"Send Mathias" Duke Richard Harkonnen, the leader of another of the Holy Houses suggested his own son. There was rather shocked looks around the table, "Oh come on the boys a slacker, no job, no education, a beautiful wife of five years and yet no children. If your worried about losing the potential of him breeding I have two reassurances, first I've two other sons so we've back ups, second point is there is nothing I'd want future generations getting there." It was true Mathias was a joke among his own family but Duke Richard wouldn't kick him out, after all he was blood and so therefore "Matt" as he liked his friends to address him lived a luxuoriois life thanks to his fathers money.

"Okay" Erin said rather surprised by Mathias' own fathers rather frank assessment. "We can't send him alone though. So I want a Missionara and a Truthsayer with him. While Duke Richard may not be too concerned I would rather like him back." Erin managed to chuckle slightly perhaps underlining her young age of just 19 years in front of the much older council of Holy Houses.

"I have just the person" Krysta Graham, the commander of the Truthsayers[1] in Ui Cenneslaig added almost immedaitely echoed by Lidia Ericcson the leader of the Missionara[2]. The meeting was finalised and preparations began.

Mathias was rather pleased he'd been selected not knowing the real reasons why. He'd been out brought a new fancy suit or three, expensive shoes and the like and looked rather dapper as he arrived at the Festival grounds. He was accompanied by two uniformed women, each wearing the garments of their branch of the Bene Gesserit faith's service. Rita was a Truthsayer Junior Liutenant but had been one of the few Truthsayers whose names had been exposed by the Kaitaine Guard Bureau to survive an assassination attempt. It had only been her keen instincts and rapid reactions that had seen her dispatch her would be killer. She was dressed in the khaki dress uniform of the Bene Gesserit's paramilitary, a single purple ribboned silver disc pinned to her chest, a medal in recognition of her skill that had saved her life. On her belt was the polished white bone knife all Bene Gesserit graduates of Chapterhouse carried. Next to her in the blue tunic of the Missionara was Blair she was a good choice for this, she was a well educated and well travelled young scholar but while having the mind of an academic she had the heart of a Truthsayer and among the Sisters was often referred to as the "Warrior Poet of the Sisterhood" she'd seen action in Seitch before sneaking out the nation across the great desert and now was wishing she was back there.

"This way" Blair pulled Mathias away from some stall selling booze he'd spotted. "You work first then perhaps we'll let you have a drink or two" Blair didn't even look behind her as Mahias looked almost like a child being dragged away from a favourite toy. Rita followed them shaking her head in disgust at Mathias. "You go there and you see that man" Blair pointed to Maxim. "You say hello, introduce yourself and then we take seats and try to blend in" Mathias nodded he understood the simple instructions and headed up to the host.

"Hello" Mathias said rather more nervously than he imagined he was. "My name is Mathias Harkonnen" he said proudly, "Son of the esteemed Duke Richard Harkonnen of the Holy House Harkonnen. We represent Kaitaine" he grinned like an idiot proud he hadn't messed up. Blair coughed behind him and Mathias realised he had more. "May I introduce my travel companions, Roving Missionara Blair MacReachtain and Junior Liutenant of the Truthsayers[3]Rita Faminio."

Blair stepped forward, "On behalf of the Head of State of the Free Theocracy of Kaitaine, Reverned Mother Erin McGregor, I'm pleased to congratulate your nation of shaking off the shakles of the oppressive regime you had, something I hope we can soon emulate" she said proudly as she handed over a box no bigger than a match box and made out of cedar wood. Inside was a bright red powder. "That is Melange, a spice made from the ground up discarded skins of sandworms. It is made only in the city of Seitch in our Theocracy. In the hands of the Bene Gesserit it is said to allow us to see the future and all possibilities ahead. In the hands of non Bene Gesserit however it is said to taste of cinamon and make excellent flavouring for cake." Blair had brought a large bag back from Seitch of the stuff, the first harvest there in 80 years. "This was in short supply until we retook the city of Seitch a few weeks ago, you're the first outsiders to be given it. I hope not the last" she gave a small bow of respect and allowed Mathias to take a seat while they sat a row behind.

As the military parade started Blair and Rita sat in silence but said much, their fingers constantly flicking back and forth in the discreet sign language used by the Bene Gesserit Sisters known as "Smalltalk"

"Very similar gear to the KDF" Rita flashed her nimble fingers

"Yeah, throw back to where we are Blair responded. "Keep your eyes peeled for any of the old regime though" Blair's hands communicated her words.

"We getting some cake later?" Rita's digets changed the subject.

"Hell yeah" Blair tapped, wiggled and curled her fingers with a smile on her silent lips.
 1. The Bene Gesserit sisterhoods Paramilitary
 2. The Bene Gesserit sisterhoods scholars and academics
 3. Truthsayers are designated terrorists by East Moreland, Rokkenjima, Communist Kaitaine and the Ecclesiastical State

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »
"Ha! I like you, friend. I was anticipating our meeting. I enjoy a bit of cabbage." He said happily as he pat his friend on the backYour military seems like it could get a boost from us. We could supply you with Kalashnikov arms and some other munitions while you give us money, preferably ruble because that is how trade works." Maxim said as he took a couple of whiskey tumblers and a bottle of vodka out from underneath the chair. He poured the pair a drink. He took a mouthful of the vodka, as he felt it burn his throat, but cause no pain.

As he did that, he was approached by two new arrivals who gifted him with a gift which was a box of spices.
"It is a pleasure to meet you both." Maxim shook their hands before giving his gift, which was a faberge egg, to them. He gave his guard their gift and whispered something into his ear, which he nodded to and walked off. "Ah, now here is some of the good stuff! In comes the armored formation!"

He looked with a smirk as he saw a formation of vehicles pass. T-14 Armatas, t-80 battle tanks, ATVs and other vehicles. The growling motors were full of life. Maxim felt extremely patriotic, along with the other citizens. Maxim smiled as he looked over his people.
He leant over to the minister to his right, who was Simon Azurewind. He began to chat with him.
"It is good to meet the neighbors, huh?" He smiled as he spoke to Simon. "How are things back home, neighbor?"

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 02:39:29 PM »

To President Maxim Ivanoff,

I am delighted to accept your invitation and after consultation with the Triarchs, I shall represent my country and proceed to your nation to celebrate the Artyin Freedom Festival. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Deputy Maariinaas Sarmientos
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 06:26:22 PM »
"Ah Kaleaşnikoff? Qalaşnikov? Kalashnikov? Is that how you pronounce it? Well friend we would love some of those, since those muskets can't fire that quickly... I guess I will go and call Karn Ibahar if our military budget can afford those, which we have a huge one so we probably have enough to supply a couple of divisions. Actually, I will call him now, excuse me."

Kara Rsizadam was happy that he had an excuse for a smoke break and an excuse for a bonus with his succesfull diplomacy. Kara Rsizadam went to a corner and started talking with Karn Ibahar, Head of Army, while lighting up his smoke.

"Hello Karn Ibahar, hopefully your family is going well... Oh your wife is angry again? Don't worry I have a thing to make you forget about it, we actually have a potential to get weaponry now... Mhm mhm... Oh it's those Kalashnikovs everyone is talking about. You have the budget? Oh I didn't ask the price of the guns. I think you may need to come over to negotiate. Yeah, pretty sure there's a flight coming over soon. Alright then, Brassicaspeed my friend." With his phone conversation over, Kara Rsizadam went back to the parade.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Karn Ibahar wasn't expecting to come over for diplomacy. All he did was do military stuff, not diplomatic stuff. And his wife was angry again. Atleast it was a nice vacation away from family and all that. He quickly landed in the Artyomovian airport and started walking to the parade grounds and found a seat next to the president. Before speaking he took a look over the parade. He was kind of scared from big militaries, considering Cabbagelandiet had a small and underequipped force and somebody could invade them easily. Karn Ibahar composed his best diplomacy-voice and started speaking.

"Hello President, I see you have a glorious military here. Well not as glorious as our military, but close. Sorry for forgetting an introduction, I am Karn Ibahar, Head of the Glorious Cabbagelandetian Military. I heard from Kara Rsizadam that you could supply us with Kaleashnekofs? Our military funding is vast and we would gladly pay generously for armaments and knowledge on how to improve our own armaments, as we still use muskets and bolt-action rifles."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »
"Things back home are fairly good." Simon said looking at their host "Could be better but that's got more to do with events elsewhere affecting the mood, the nature of politics and policy after all is generally one of reaction." in truth that had been the way for a while and it served them well back home "So what hopes do you have for this nation now?"

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
"That is not bad Simon. Artyomov has now got to wait and see what happens next, whether it will thrive or die due to federation. I have some high hopes and all looks good. I have to speak to another person right now my friend, so speak with you soon!" Maxim said cheerfully as he went over to the Cabbagelandian visitor. The guest just mentioned to him the arms deal, but he was angered by a small quote in the exchange.
"Your military, more glorious than ours? How dare you walk onto our land, forged by our blood and sweat (but not tears because crying is a sign of weakness), and insult our nation. You watch yourself, or you will put more than your dignity at risk." Maxim said while gritting his teeth and pointing at the disrespectful visitor. Artyomov saw it's military as the best in the world, so comments like those would be very dangerous, even fatal at times.
"As for the arms deal... We can discuss it after the aerospace forces arrive." As he said that, the growling of the jets began to occur. "Speak of the devil, here comes the aerospace forces!"
As everyone looked up at the sky, SU-34 attack jets and Tu-95MSM bombers blocked out the sun for a brief period and the engines roared as they went overhead. Other aircraft such as MiG-35 Fighter jets and several attack helicopters followed. As the aerospace forces finished up, several huge cargo planes flew overhead and opened up, spraying men out of the back. The men fell and some even had wingsuits. As they fell, they began to form a formation, which then was broken up when they released their parachutes. It was the VDV. As they fell like leaves in the winter, the aircraft left sight and within a few minutes the paratroopers were on the ground. At this time Maxim leaned over to his guest and began.
"So, what kind of Kalashnikovs do you require? Standard assault rifles? DMRs? Carbines?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 01:48:35 PM »
Well the question about the arms was easy to answer, "Well friend, we need everything." said Karn Ibahar, starting to calculate how much everything would cost. The Cabbagelandetian military was small, so they didn't need many weapons, but then the... Well stuff was complicated, and maths wasn't Karn's job. He hoped that his "rudeness" wouldn't tamper with the arms deal.

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 07:34:24 AM »
"Well, we can give you enough rifles to supply 75% of your armed forces, and you can make your own version of our glorious Kalash. Other nations have derivatives like... umm... Anyway..." Maxim's guard wrote down these things on a little note pad like a shopping list. "We will supply you with standard AK-102 assault rifle, which is chambered in 5.56 x 45mm, some Bizon-9 SMGs chambered in 9 x 19mm, SVU Marksman rifles, chambered in 7.62 x 39mm, some  and we could throw in a load of SAIGA-12s if we have leftovers. How big is your military, friend?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 08:20:55 AM »
"I think we have about 5.000 men in our military." said Karn Ibahar, doing some quick estimates, as he had to go back to Cabbagelandiet soon.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:18:59 AM by CabbagePreacher »

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 03:09:42 PM »
"And what are the unit numbers, like how many standard soldiers, snipers, engineers etc?" he asked as he looked back at the parade, which was a blast.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 03:24:08 PM »
"Well, we only have standard soldiers, with some recon mixed in... We haven't really developed on the military front." Karn Ibahar looked at the time, he had to be going soon. If he couldn't close the deal here, maybe he could close the deal in Cabbagelandiet?

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 11:25:17 PM »
The guard and Maxim both slightly cringed at the lack of people in the military.
"Ok, so for a standard assault rifle, we will give your standard men the AK-101, along with some AK-9 carbines for recon. We will also send over a limited number of SVU marksmen rifles for the recon too, and possibly some pistols. Hows that sound?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 06:31:05 AM »
"Well that sounds good... I think we will have to continue negotiations at another time, as there is a funeral I must attend... Goodbye friend." Karn Ibahar left the parade, hoping that he wasn't late.