Author Topic: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)  (Read 111328 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)
« Reply #330 on: April 02, 2024, 11:20:35 PM »

Serranidae Class Successor Revealed

IRN Gojira, originally intended to be the eighth Serranidae, has seen revisions to such an extent that she has become the lead vessel of her own class.

While many readers may be forgiven for believing in the Rokkenjiman deployment of a so-called "caterpillar drive" upon IRN Ambush, especially with editors failing to affix notations pointing to the date upon which the article was published, the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy has nonetheless been at work on enhancing its submersible capabilities. While originally intended to be the eighth Serranidae Class Submarine changes made in her development resulted in a submarine which was larger, more capable and stealthier than her intended sisters, thus resulting in the IRN designating her the first Gojira Class Submarine. While Gojira utilizes an air independent diesel-electric power plant as her Serranidae cousins, she is equipped with lithium-ion batteries that enable longer operations underwater.

Working like a hybrid vehicle, with batteries being charged as the diesel engines run, she is capable of switching to battery power in deep water and in operational modes. When running on battery the engine is virtually silent unlike nuclear-powered submarines, as they are unable to turn off their reactors. Unlike her predecessors Gojira utilizes pump jet propulsion which is quieter than submarines employing screws for propulsion. This attention to stealth, combined with Rokkenjima's investments in underwater noise analysis, provides a significant advantage against near-peer navies which represented key factors in the modifications which resulted in Gojira.

Gojira's batteries not only grant extended endurance while submerged but, perhaps, may allow for higher underwater burst speeds. While much has been written about the Rorqual Class, a key work horse in the Rokkenjiman submersible fleet, investments in diesel-electric, air independent systems has allowed for developments not possible from a program born of the conflict between the First Empire and the Warsaw Pact. According to unofficial reports Gojira measures 276 feet with a beam of 30 feet and a 34 foot depth. She displaces roughly 3,000 tons surfaced and incorporates many notable enhancements over the Serranidae Class, such as a newer revision of the ICON Combat Management System, an enhanced suite of sensors and a stealthier design.

The IRN has not commented on the number of Gojira Class Submarines it intends to purchase, instead referring such questions to the relevant Committees in the Imperial Diet.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2024, 10:02:04 PM »

Princess Sophia Arrives In Kusan For Diplomatic Talks

Princess Sophia represents Rokkenjima's interests in peace with Kusan in the highest level talks between the two nations in decades..

The RBC can confirm that Princess Sophia has arrived for talks in Kusan to diffuse the tensions between the First Empire and the self-described People's Democratic Republic of Fusan. Speaking with reporters on the tarmac the Princess maintained an air of confidence. "The issues before us are great, but I believe we can overcome the challenges before us to see a peaceful trajectory between Rokkenjima and Kusan is not only possible, but inevitable. I can promise you that I will not return home without a successful result for this meeting, and we will see a day where Kusan and Rokkenjima may exist together in peace. I am honoured for the trust which the Empress has bestowed upon me and will not return empty handed."

When asked of the revelations that her mother is none other than Evanthe Rhodes, perhaps Rokkenjima's most accomplished diplomat, the Princess shrugged. "Thanks for turning this into a contest on our skills. It makes sense though, looking back," Sophia paused, "the Princess of Arovium was among the most important diplomats of Empress Saisei and here I am, serving a similar role for Empress Sutāraito. Like mother like daughter, I suppose in that regard? We're taking things one day at a time," the Princess continued, "and I don't wish to share anything more there than I've already shared. I do wish to convey the gratitude, on behalf of the entire Imperial Family, to the RBC and other reputable news outlets for your respect to our privacy as we navigate this chapter. I've long known Eva, I've known Count Emerson for a while too, and while we figure this all out and get used to the new reality that's something we can't quite share, but at least I think it's going well, I do have duties to attend to so if you will excuse me."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2024, 01:00:31 AM »

Empress Saisei Establishes Global Citizen Initiative

The organization, which focuses on volunteerism, fundraising and dispersing funds to charitable causes across Mundus, is the first project of the Empress Emerita since departing Chrysanthemum Throne.

In coordination with the Rosari Church Empress Saisei has established the Global Citizen Initiative (GCI) which will "combine fundraising and donation efforts with a team of skilled volunteers in a variety of spheres to respond to challenges, both local and abroad. It is my hopes to see the GCI work alongside established forces, such as JET, in responding to crises when they arise while also addressing issues before they become crises. It has always been my belief that one does not need an office, a commission or a throne to make a difference in the world around them, no, the only thing one needs to make a difference is the will to do so. The GCI will empower those who wish to make a difference to do so, whether it be via donations or volunteering in the field. I did not require a Throne to go and feed people, an arrest I proudly wear and declined to scrub from my record, when a Rokkenjiman city decided that feeding the homeless should be a crime. I look forward to the day I'll again be free to engage in such direct means of supporting those less fortunate directly but, for now, directing funds and resources to those who are capable of doing so today is the next best thing," the Empress shared with the RBC.

The GCI moves forward in its operations with र527m ($975m) in its coffers, with Empress Sutāraito donating personally to "ensure the success of the vision proposed by the GCI and brighten the horizons of people through the efforts I'm confident this organization will excel at." Empress Saisei has already been coordinating with local issues prior to the announcement as well as discussions with the Clysperi Kingdom to address some issues which linger in the Southern Lands following the rebellion in the South. "There's a deal of rebuilding that hasn't yet been initiated as well as concerns about poaching as highlighted by the Pharaoh in a recent CSMC article. These are two causes which the GCI is geared toward assisting in and a partnership which I hope will bring brighter days to those we'll be helping," Empress Saisei added.

Rosari Crusaders will be assisting in operations in Clysperis due to the recent threat posed by Ramose to Rokkenjimans in Clysperis, an issue which Grand Maester Yuna addressed. "With the situation in Clysperis being tense for Rokkenjimans due to the unnecessary and unfortunate threats of Ramose, for the first time in over a century the Rosari Crusaders will be operating on foreign soil in Clysperis to provide security and protection for those representing the best of Islyna's teachings in Clysperis. While both the Rokkenjiman and Clysperi governments agreed that deploying forces of the IRAF to protect volunteers was out of the question both the Pharaoh and the Empress have granted sanction for the Crusaders, in liaison with the Royal Clysperi Armed Forces, to ensure their safety while in Clysperis. By the grace of Islyna and the will of Ma'lia, we'll see that no harm comes to those looking to make a lasting, good, impact for the communities in Clysperis where the GCI will be operating."

While the majority of GCI volunteers are presently Rokkenjiman Empress Saisei has not precluded foreigners from joining the Initiative. "Indeed, I would welcome their participation," she said with a smile, "this is not a Rokkenjiman initiative but one of people looking to better the world around them through service and selflessness. That's not solely a Rokkenjiman or Rosari trait, but one which we are all gifted with at birth. Sadly, some of us forget how to use that trait, but it's never too late to get back in touch with that goodness of the human heart which is universal. The heart is not drawn toward evil, let us show that through this Initiative."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2024, 02:15:06 AM »

Empress Chases The Shadow

Joined by researchers the Empress enjoyed 89 minutes of totality, beating a record 74 minutes registered by Dartfordia in 1973 aboard a Concorde flight.

The Empress, joined by Earl Thomas and a concert of scientists and researchers, spent the previous hours chasing the shadow of the recent total solar eclipse quite literally. While the eclipse lasted just 4 minutes on the ground. through utilizing the Imperial Ryūsei Rokkenjiman researchers and the Empress enjoyed a record breaking period in totality, totaling 97 minutes in the shadow cast upon Mundus by the moon. "There will be no pictures from me or Thomas, I forbade either of us from having cameras," the Empress shared with the RBC. "It was our moment, one to remember not to post to social media for likes or comments, just one to remember together." As the camera panned to Thomas, who made an effort to guide them away, the Empress chuckled, "He's not so public yet, do forgive him."

Many instruments joined the Empress and her consort for the flight, which was followed by the older and slower Imperial Concorde, which itself was fitted with researchers and additional modifications, including portions of the upper parts of the airplane being specifically fitted for observation of the event.Whilst the Concorde flies 250 miles slower than the shadow cast against the ground of Mundus the Imperial Ryūsei equaled the speed of the Lunar shadow as it raced across Mundus, enabling the longest period of time spent in totality by any human. ISEA has confirmed that it would share any new findings on the universe garnered through their presence on the flight with international partners.

Outfitted with instruments specified for this flight data from the Imperial Concorde might prove more useful than that from the Ryūsei, however the Empress didn't discount her experience at the expense of that. "Looking at that sight for so long, just, wow," she trailed off, "it was amazing, breathtaking, all in one. It's an event that could change anyone and give them a new perspective."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2024, 09:52:28 PM »

Abstergo First Rokkenjiman Company Worth Over $1 Trillion

Despite facing possible anti-trust action and difficulties with the Unitary State, Abstergo enters 2024 worth $1.2 trillion. Pictured above is Albert Relkin, CEO of Abstergo Industries.

Mr. Relkin navigated Abstergo Industries through some headwinds in recent times, with troubles abroad in the Unitary State and the potential for anti-trust action back home. However, thanks to the successful launches of aOS, nexus and Lexa AI, as well as securing further contracts for the Defense Solutions Division, Abstergo has seen its market cap increase to र652.4bn ($1.2tn) with some analysts questioning whether Abstergo is on path to become the first trillion-Ducat company in Rokkenjiman history after this milestone. Abstergo stocks received a boost on the successful conclusion of the antitrust matter, while gains in the field of AI offset other challenges such as the loss to Rosa Shipyards to construct the Ryōshi Class Ordinance Ship. "We're still building the Gojira class," Relkin was quick to add, "and while Ryōshi will be built by Rosa her brains will be designed and built by Abstergo Industries."

"What led us to this point," Relkin paused, "is a combination of factors. Profits and revenues beating expectations is one part of the equation and, moving into the future, Abstergo is exploring options for periodic stock buy-backs as considered appropriate by the Board of Directors. While we took a bit of a hit during the unfortunate Mktvartvelo affair and antitrust action here in Rokkenjima investors have nonetheless remembered Abstergo's historic reputation as a safe investment in times of economic uncertainty. Add to this the fact that aOS has seen its marketshare in Rokkenjima increase to 64%, nexus reach 43% and, while that last number might be concerning we're largely competing against SyncOS, although the rate of adoption of nexus is most promising. Abstergo projects that nexus will overtake SyncOS before the end of the year, and we'll see aOS north of 70% at that point as well. We're doing all the right things, providing products that resonate within our markets, so that's why we've cracked the trillion-dollar ceiling. Naturally our next target will be the trillion-Ducat ($2tn) ceiling, though I can't accurately say when that might happen."

"We also have in Lexa AI a trailblazing, revolutionary AI platform which expands its capabilities with each day that passes. Much like the internet transformed the world around three decades ago AI is ushering in another revolution; it's already changing nearly every industry and is impacting our society in ways we're only just starting to understand. As this technology becomes more capable I envision it taking repetitive and dangerous tasks from human hands, freeing humanity toward those pursuits they're so much better equipped for; work that requires creativity, empathy and, yes, humanity. Just as the industrial age eased the lives of our ancestors, freeing them from spending countless hours toiling under the hot sun harvesting crops by hand while bringing the world closer together via the steamship and train, AI will bring us closer together by taking over menial tasks while freeing people to pursue more enlightened paths. Today, however," he paused as he produced an aOS phone, "everyone who has an aOS phone or nexus PC has their own digital butler, enabling them to be more present in their lives while leaving things such as making reservations, appointments, booking flights, hotel rooms, even ordering household deliveries and services in Lexa's capable hands."

"Continuing on Lexa, we've seen a shift in how Rokkenjimans search for information on the web. While previously one would open a browser, go to a search engine, type a query and hit 'search' we've instead seen people pulling out their phones and simply asking Lexa instead. Personally I can't tell you how many times I've been out and about, perhaps shopping and a song I haven't heard in years comes on and all I have to do is say "Lexa, who is this?" and, seconds later, she gives me the name of the song, the band, the album the song is on and when it was released. That's a simple example yes, but it's something that is only recently possible thanks to the work of Abstergo and other efforts abroad." Naturally at this point the RBC pointed to the Journey XR from Arasaka.

"We've got something in the works there," Relkin replied with a grin. "Similar concept, but on a different scale than what the team at Arasaka is aiming for. Imagine having a cinema experience wherever you might be, or a workspace that occupies the space around you, all controllable with your eyes, voice and hands. It's in the works at the Future Technologies Division and while they don't have a name for it yet I've been floating Abstergo Marvel might be appropriate for the vision we have in mind. We'll see what marketing comes up with in the mean time, naturally, though I think when people see this they'll truly marvel at the potential one can fit into a headset."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2024, 03:01:56 AM »

Kōshaku Rhodes Heads To Seaforth

With the drama unfolding in Troyes Evanthe Rhodes has been dispatched to the Kingdom of Seaforth.

The Empress has dispatched Kōshaku Rhodes to the Kingdom of Seaforth to discuss the situation presently unfolding in Troyes. "Let me be clear in no uncertain terms that Rokkenjima stands by its security commitments to the Kingdom of Seaforth, and we thus urge all foreign powers to act responsibly in regards to Troyes," the Kōshaku shared with the RBC. "The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy will be in position to monitor the situation and, if called upon, to assist our allies should the need to do so arise. We must also respect that any foreign presence in Troyes must be brought to an end, yet that goal must be accomplished through legitimate means. Propping up a self-proclaimed republic that lacks recognition from even Marseilles to accomplish that goal, and using that self-proclaimed republic to operate in Marseilles waters, likely in violation of the Free Seas Concordat, is not the path to a Troyes which is ultimately reunited with Marseilles, however."

Kōshaku Rhodes reiterated the irritations of Chrysanthemum Throne on how the situation has unfolded. "We were not consulted prior to the present actions being undertaken. When Rokkenjima joined with the other members of the ADSN to issue the Joint Statement on Troyes we expected a path forward which was unified; this, by definition, has not been the path we ascribed to in regards to Troyes. While Rokkenjima will continue to support the path toward a reunification between Troyes and Marseilles we will not turn our back on our treaty partners, nor will we set aside international norms and standards to reach the end of that path. Indeed, while I travel to Seaforth the Empress is seeing that business is addressed before the ADSN to rectify this situation and ensure that the peace and prosperity of the Dauntel-Shaw region is maintained."

"Whereas before the ADSN pursued this issue as a united front we've seen that front fractured due to recent events. My duties in Seaforth will be three fold: to ensure that we coordinate with the Kingdom to ensure the situation does not spiral out of control, to establish a path for Troyes to see an internationally monitored and endorsed referendum as to their future, and to reiterate Rokkenjima's position as a defense partner of the Kingdom. While much will be expected of Seaforth, likewise, we'll need to see actions from Aosta and Abertone which reaffirms a path toward a peaceful reintegration of Troyes, in line with the ADSN and the Joint Statement. I would suggest, for a start, that foreign naval vessels do not operate within the territorial waters of Marseilles without the explicit permission of Marseilles, who are the only ones who may legitimately authorize such vessels to operate in their waters."

Kōshaku Rhodes, aboard the Imperial Concorde, is set to touch down in Seaforth in the coming hours.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2024, 09:40:37 PM »

Battleship Joins Fray In Straight Of Shaw

The Cecelia Anselmo has joined Rokkenjiman naval forces operating in the Straight of Shaw.

IRN Cecelia Anselmo has joined Rokkenjiman naval forces operating in the Straight of Shaw in response to the unilateral actions of the Empire of Aosta  in regards to the situation in Troyes. "Without the explicit permission of Marseilles Rokkenjima will not tolerate foreign vessels operating within the sovereign waters of Marseilles, and we are positioning the fire power to see that such vessels leave within the coming days," the Empress shared with the RBC. "These vessels enjoy no protections under the Fair Seas Concordat nor do they enjoy any other international protections. They operate, in effect, as pirates in the waters of another sovereign nation and we will see that they are removed absent the approval of the Republic of Marseilles. They may parade the approval of the self-proclaimed Republic, which is recognized only by the two Empires, but until the Republic of Marseilles itself welcomes them to their waters their vessels aren't truly welcomed, we will act to prevent them from transitioning into the waters of Marseilles. They may challenge us under such circumstances but," the Empress paused, "it will be their sailors on the floor of the Shaw, not ours."

"Subscribe to the path of diplomacy or accept the consequences of the path of the sword," the Empress continued. "The Joint Statement of the ADSN united our military and diplomatic resources, your actions independent of that have rendered us not partners, but adversaries, and I will not turn my back on international norms nor our commitments to the Kingdom of Seaforth. See reason, see cause here, and do not proceed further than you already have. We can still be partners in peace if you dissuade from this path, and I hope that is the path you choose. Remove your vessels, respect international norms and standards, and do not inflame the situation beyond the present confines."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 10:39:01 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2024, 10:56:35 AM »

A Note From The Editor

Following consultation with the Imperial Palace the RBC cannot verify the authenticity of the statements alleged to be made by the Empress in prior reporting. While information was transmitted to the RBC holding credentials it does not bear any verification from the Imperial Palace, which has stated it will be investigating the origins of the the message. It is expected that the Empress will make a statement on the matter in the coming hours, with the Imperial Palace presently stating that "the tone of the message relayed by the RBC is clearly out of step with how the Empress conducts herself. We appreciate the cooperation of the RBC on this matter as we move forward with our investigation."

We can verify that Cecelia Anselmo remains in port, with officials speaking off the record pointing fingers toward Kōketsu, an organisation recognized as a terrorist enterprise which last saw prominence in some manner of involvement of a Rokkenjiman ocean liner eight years ago.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 11:26:01 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2024, 12:16:23 AM »

Princess Sophia Delivers Message To Pyrettania

Princess Sophia, Grand Duchess of Fukadomari, might have spoken words in her statement from Kusan but her eyes relayed another message.

"I came to Kusan under pre-determined arrangements with Ri Sang-Hee, who has become an asset of the First Empire in a war against your people, to secure the final terms of surrender. I am being treated well, far beyond what I deserve from the glorious soldiers of the DPRK, and urge the First Empire, the Empire of Fusan and the Holy Empire of Achkaerin to heed the words of the Respected Comrade: get out of Kalasin and Southern Cotf Aranye and Onishi hogs, keep your stench on your own continent. If the terms of the Respected Comrade are not adhered to, war will soon commence."

So were the words spake by Princess Sophia, however, as she spoke those words those knowledgeable in Morse Code brought attention to the blinking of the Princess as she recited the script presented to her. "L-I-E-S" was repeated often, as were the words "D-E-C-E-P-T-I-O-N" "T-O-R-T-U-R-E" and "S-Y-G", the later which is shorthand for "stand your ground." These incidents were brought to the attention of the Imperial Palace which released the following statement on the matter:

"The First Empire continues to recognize Ri Sang-Hee as the legitimate leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Kusan and does not recognize the actions of Ri Chŏng-jun as holding any legitimacy. The First Empire demands the immediate release of Princess Sophia and is confident that present naval assets in the Matilda Channels to address the reckless actions Ri Chŏng-jun has chosen to undertake are adequate in any response the Empress should wish to employ. Should any harm befall Princess Sophia, or should our conditions not be met in regards to the Princess, we promise that the retaliation Kusan will face will be an event the DPRK is ever capable of recovering from."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 19, 2024, 10:26:19 PM »

IRN Repels Kusanse Drone Attack Against Assets In The Region

Kusanese forces launched a failed attack against the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy.

The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy shot down hundreds of Kusanese drones as the hermit kingdom attempted to strike out at the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy as well as elements of the Royal Clysperi Navy which acted in concert with the IRN to largely repel the attack. Chrysanthemum Throne called the attack an "unwarranted provocation" and promised "a response at time and place of our choosing. Kusanese agression will not be tolerated," Chrysanthemum Throne said following the attempted attack. Speaking with the RBC it was noted that no Rokkenjiman assets were damaged in the attack, however, it was also determined that assets involved in the attack "will be destroyed in short order. We will not abide Kusan's ambitions, nor will be held at bay by them, we will show them the error of their ways," a source from IHC shared with the RBC.

"We may expand our retaliatory strikes," the source continued, "as they hold hostage Princess Sophia. We've a decent understanding as to where their air defenses are, so I would expect a response which targets sites directly involved in the launching of drones against the IRN, but also one which renders the anti-air defenses of Kusan rendered inoperable. This will not be a proportional response, it will be a response dependent upon the conditions on the ground. Even independent action from the Imperial Diet, I fear, we are in fact in a state of war with the Kusanese," an unnamed operative shared with the RBC.

While Imperial High Command declined a request for comment the RBC confirmed Rokkniman strikes within Kusan independently, the results of the strikes apparently knocking out air defenses in the southern regions of Kusan. "The IRN is leveraging all its assets against the Kusanese," one anonymous officer shared with the RBC, "and wheras the Army and Air Force cannot act, the IRN will punch whoever and whatever the Empress needs to be hit. We are at war," the source continued, "and we'll either see our Princess home or her captors dead There is no in-between here, we will not leave Kusan until Sophia leaves Kusan." Several sites in Kusan have reported retaliatory strikes which have rendered space operations "impossible."

For her part the Empress has not commented on the attacks, stating only "the Princess will be returned, period. Kusan is in charge on the path she is returned to Rokkenjima at present, and any deaths which result as to that path, will be on Kusan."

Beatrice Anselmo