Author Topic: Beaxander  (Read 4155 times)

Offline CGJ

• Vice Chancellor
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Dartfordia
Beaxander
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:03:06 AM »

Beaxander
Stories from the Imperial Couple
By Beatrice and CGJ

Join Beatrice and Alexander as they go through the struggles of Imperial reign and parenthood, balancing Friday Night parties and Doctor Who Saturdays with leading the region’s most powerful nation. Experience the heart-wrenching breakups and reconciliating fluff that made Beaxander the region’s most popular vignette series.

Starring: A Japanese anime character with an English-sounding name, a British actor nobody’s ever heard of, a random anime child from Japan, secretaries who are only in their positions because of their close relationships with the main characters, more anime characters and…’You’ve got to be kidding me’

Big thanks to Elpidia for the portmanteau (or...ship name)
The Most Honourable Marquess CGJ
Vice Chancellor

Dartfordia: TIOwiki - Politics - Flags - Armed Forces

Offline CGJ

• Vice Chancellor
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Re: Beaxander
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 07:47:48 PM »
CGJ:

"The Foreign Decree: Part 1"

Time: Approximately 9am.

Emperor Alexander, Consort of the Rokkenjiman Head of State and heir to the Dartfordian throne, bounced through the halls of Exuperia Palace. He wore a blue short-sleeved shirt, tucked into similarly coloured jeans, and he was devoid of shoes. It was also a more pleasurable experience for him at Exuperia, the personal residence allowing him some freedoms that even his and wife’s private wing could barely afford at Pyrena Castle.

“For the first time forever, they’ll be magic, they’ll be fun,” he sung, relishing in the apparent lack of staff that day. “For the first time in forever, I could be noticed by someone.” He chuckled to himself, approaching the door to Beatrice’s study. “And I know that it’s totally crazy, to dream I’ll find romance!” He entered, holding the next line for when he had seated himself on her desk. “But for the first time in forever, at least I’ve got a chance.” He leaned forward, offering the Empress a small kiss. “Morning, love.”

Beatrice returned the kiss, her hand reaching up to hold his cheek. “Hey there, little princess,” she giggled. “You have work to do. And what is it with you and wearing jeans?”

Alex pouted, hopping off her desk to pull over another chair. “Of course, your majesty, it would be my honour.” Once seated, he took the top half of her pile of paperwork and placed it on his lap. “I have a love for jeans.”

“Then conceal it,” she responded.

“Don’t feel it.”

“Don’t let it — dammit Alex. What have I told you about getting songs stuck in my head?” She smiled, opening up the first of many documents. Even with their work shared, it took many hours to complete.

Alex laughed softly, glancing down at his own pile. The couple fell into a comfortable silence.

Beatrice:

Time: 9:09 AST

After reading over a few of the papers, affixing her signature to those that required it, Beatrice found herself humming. She stopped herself mid-hum, "Computer play Muse, album: Absolution at medium volume." As the album began to play Alexander shot her an almost surprised look, "Now if I could only get it to respond to 'Tea, Earl Grey, hot' I'd be in heaven," she chuckled. She sighed yet again when she looked at the stack of papers which didn't seem to be getting any smaller, "We really need to complete the digital transition before the end of the year, it'd be good for the trees....and my fingers."

There was one matter which required her immediate attention, formal approval of the aid package to the USR which had been accepted by the Chairman. While it was a controversial matter amongst some members of the Imperial Council she was convinced that the measure would lay the foundation for positive change in the USR while showing other world powers that hostility was not the correct solution. Alexander had not been consulted on the decision yet, something which concerned Beatrice as she worked her way through the papers. The matter wouldn't remain undiscussed for long, however, as papers scattered to the floor, the result of her attempting to reach for a new pen.

"Allow me," Alexander said as he reached down to assist her with picking them up. Out of the documents he picked up one caught his eye, Funding Allocation: Aid Package to the United Soviet Russia. It detailed aid of food, fuel and medical supplies to the USR, all of which would be distributed pending the signature of the Empress. Alexander remembered the statements made by Charles but, after twice speaking out of order, he hadn't believed that Beatrice was seriously approving the move. Why did it seem as if Beatrice was performing a favour for Stalin, a man who essentially held her and the international community hostage while moving the world to the brink of war?

Beatrice looked on for a moment, not sure of what to say. "Ah yes," she uttered after an awkward silence, "I meant to discuss that with you before we left the Castle...."

“Did you, now?” Alexander looked up at her, his eyes filled with a mixture of anger, disbelief and disappointment. “You were not seriously going to attempt this?” He lifted the rest of the state papers from the floor, skimming them. Even after repeatedly declaring his displeasure at the move, she still went ahead without consulting him. Alex stood, placing the remainder of his pile on top of hers. “I think I…I think I need a drink,” he murmured, dejectedly heading towards the door.

“Alex, wait, please…” Beatrice sighed, getting up to follow him. “It’s not what it looks like.” She paused, cringing at her rather cliché comment. “I’m not helping Stalin, you know I wouldn’t do that. It’s an aid package to help the people. People that have spent years starving under a brutal regime that oppresses anyone or anything that even looks like they are about to oppose the system." Her eyes pleaded with him, though expressed her determination to get her own way. She knew that this was their first real disagreement, if they couldn't work together now...

"Do you trust him?" His voice was quiet, his attention focused on the carpeted floor. He stared at the intimate patterns that spiralled towards the evenly decorated walls. He listened to the music, allowing Matt Bellamy's voice soothe him.

"About as much as you do. But we have to try...to not do so would be letting down millions of impoverished people. It is a perfect opportunity for-"

Alex interrupted, glaring at her. "For them to strike when your guard is down! Whose to say they won't just go back to their ways the moment the aid runs out?” As he paced around the room, Beatrice tried speaking again, but he cut her off. “Did you even consider consulting me first, or is my opinion not good enough for you…am I not good enough for you? Was our entire marriage a sham, so that you could assure the future of the Rokkenjiman throne?” He paused, glancing back up at her. After a moment, his expression softened. “I…I didn’t mean it like that.”

CGJ:

Beatrice had grown quiet listening to Alexander's words. Some measure of anger and disappointment was to be expected, but when those last words crossed his lips a line was crossed, even with his now softened demeanor. She had sat silent long enough, and held nothing back.

"Alexander, how dare you utter such words in my presence. Unlike you I lost most of my family before I was even born, my people left to suffer at the hands of a regime exceeded in its cruelty perhaps only by the Thematan Regime. I had to learn to stand strong for my people, to judge and make decisions swiftly; their has been my sole responsibility for so long that the mask of strength I put on has only masked how terribly alone I've been in that role. You've never been in the position where the realization hits you that you're only alive because the bastards who killed the rest of your family didn't kno...."

She had to recompose herself, "I'll put it as simply as I can: I'm still not used to not being alone, even with Eva and Euphemia, with all I've seen how can I rest assured that they'll be here tomorrow, that some sick twist of fate won't steal them in the middle of the night? And then we found each other, two souls that sought each other out....but that was merely a 'sham' of mine to 'assure the future of the Rokkenjiman throne.' I can't even put into words how deeply those words cut, that someone I love could even think for a second that I could value them so little." As tears returned to her eyes and her voice weakened, her emotional strength depleted, she simply said, "I had hoped you would know me better than that."

She dried her tears and walked to the door, turning to face Alexander before opening it. "By the way, if you had glanced just a bit lower you'd have seen a line awaiting your signature as well, I made sure your approval was needed even though the Imperial Council saw no need for it. I told them that the approval of their Emperor should be worth more to them in the future." She then summoned the best smile she could before walking out of the room.

CGJ:

(OOC: For anyone reading, I wrote the first part while listening to this, and the lyrics are from the song.

Alexander stared at her, the realisation of the severity of his words slowly dawning on him. He tried uttering words of apology, his mouth opening and closing on a number of occasions, yet nothing came out. His skin gradually turned white, his fists clenching until he could feel his nails breaking through the thin barrier of flesh.

His eyes followed her to the door, staring at the immaculate door handle that had just latched closed. He lost all sense of time, all sense of direction. His legs gave out, forcing him to grasp the table.

I think I'm drowning…Asphyxiated

Alex held onto the desk, his hands matching the colour of his face as he collapsed into his wife’s chair. His eyes closed, his body forcing him to take deep, staggered breaths. The music rang in the background, but it only reminded him of Beatrice, their argument and, quite frankly, his outright stupidity.

Bury it, I won't let you bury it, I won't let you smother it, I won't let you murder it

“Shit,” he murmured, forcing himself upwards. He leaned against the wall, his peripheral fading into nothing more than a grey blur. He felt nauseous, the hypoxic feeling spreading from his head to the rest of his body. He grasped the handle to the toilet door, almost falling through it. He staggered forwards, unable to find anything to keep him steady, and leaned down ahead of the toilet seat.

Our time is running out, Our time is running out, You can't push it underground, You can't stop it screaming out

Hands bracing the toilet seat, he threw up, emptying the contents of his stomach. He gave out, falling against the adjacent wall. He was unaware of how long he spent there, sitting alone, wallowing in self-pity and disbelief. Staring intently at the ring of his finger, he felt his last remnants of strength fading. “I’m sorry,” he whispered. His eyes closed.

How did it come to this?

CGJ (still):

Time: 13:13AST (4 hours later)

“Alex!” He jolted awake, groaning in discomfort. He looked up to see Harry Riptide, his private secretary, glaring down at him. “Congratulations on being the biggest dick head ever. Get up.”

Alexander frowned, taking note of his surroundings before using the radiator to hoist himself up. His thoughts drifted towards his wife. “How’s Beatrice?” he asked quietly.

“Oh, she’s doing fine, she couldn’t be happier with her ever supportive husband by her side. Now brush your teeth and get some food in your gut…and get changed, you look a mess,” Harry exited the bathroom, busying himself with sorting out the messed up piles on the Empress’ desk.

Noticing he had exited the bathroom, Harry waved a document in the air. “You need to sign this. The Imperial Council meeting is in twenty minutes.” He left the aid package document in the centre of the desk, moving aside to let Alex sit down. “The Empress has informed the Council that she will not be attending. You will be required to Chair it.”

Alex nodded solemnly, flipping open the document. He read through it, or at least skimmed it again, trying to get a better grasp of its contents. He wasn’t sure about it, he really wasn’t. He remembered the determination in his wife’s eyes, she was doing it to help the people. But would it just add fuel to Stalin’s regime? Could they really trust him? “Well, I’ve come this far,” he murmured, bringing a shaky hand towards the dotted line. He took a deep breath, only then realising that he had already started crying again. “For you, my love,” he tentatively added signature and closed the document, sliding it along to Alex. In return, he received two slices of toast. “Thanks.”

Beatrice:

Time: 2:00 AST

The first session of the Imperial Council without Beatrice had been in session for fifteen minutes and the heaviness in the atmosphere could not be ignored. Alexander had granted Vegard Tveitan, Imperial Councilor for the Armed Forces, the floor twenty minutes ago and the man was still speaking. Imperial Council meetings usually lasted between one to two hours, thus one-half to one-fourth of their time had already been wasted as Vegard was essentially attempting to filibuster the session. After looking at the clock once more Alexander sighed.

"Councilor Tveitan, are you quite done yet or may we proceed with the issues before us?" Alexander interjected, clearly growing irritated with the situation before him. "Well your Majesty, as the Lord High Chancellor isn't here we're unable to address several issues, as in the absence of the Empress his authorization is required for funding allocations," he said in a dismissive tone. "In the absence of the Empress or the Emperor, am I to be forced to have you removed from the Chambers today so we may proceed without your obstructions?" Alexander shot back.

Vegard knew that despite his objections to the Emperor chairing the meeting a majority of the Imperial Council would support his removal, "That won't be necessary your Majesty. For the record I wish to have my objections to a foreigner chairing this session be noted." Vegard sat down without saying another word, while Councilor Albright sought the floor. "Yes, Councilor Albright?" Alexander asked, relieved by her friendly tone.

"Your Majesty, I propose a brief recess of fifteen minutes before we proceed. I would also like to apologize on behalf of Councilor Tveitan for that display of utter disrespect towards the Throne." "We'll recess for fifteen minutes, after which the first matter of business we'll discuss is finalizations concerning the USR aid package." With that the session was in recess.

Beatrice still:

Time: 2:20 AST

Beatrice and Eva had been talking for some time concerning the events of the night before. While she still felt quite hurt from that fight she tried not to dwell on it having learned at a young age that to dwell on problems could only make them worse. "I do believe you're right though," she said after sipping her tea, "I should also try to look at things from his point of view as well. I mean I've become so used to standing alone that staying in that comfortable bubble may only lead to me actually being alone again," she sighed.

"But now you have a new 'bubble' to retreat to, don't you? I've seen it happen many times before, and should anyone doubt the power of invisibility I need only introduce them to you and Alexander. Even in a room full of people you two seem to retreat to your own world, and it's something I someday hope to experience," Eva replied. Beatrice smiled, "I never really thought of it like that, I'm allowing my fears to haunt me into a corner I never wished to be in again."

"You can ditch those fears right now because Euphemia and I aren't going anywhere, and any threat that could take us from you would have to break through the Navy and you know Henry would never allow that to happen. You know Alexander loves you deeply; he's your partner and teammate and will be for many years to come. You'll never have to face things alone with us at your side, and in times where you're most uncertain I'm sure he'll help to restore your strength. I know you two will come out stronger from this, you just both need to take the chance to view things through eachother's eyes," Eva said, reassuringly.

Just then Beatrice's phone rang, "It's Harry," she said after looking at the screen. "I do think you should answer it, I promised Katherine I'd deliver remarks to some of the new diplomats this afternoon. Remember what we talked about and things will be fine," she said with a smile. "Thank you Eva, for everything," Beatrice replied as she hugged her.

Beatrice answered her phone as it began to ring for a second time. "Sorry Harry, I was seeing Eva off just as you called. So, has Alexander said anything, how is he doing?"

Beatrice:

Location: Empress’ Dressing Room (Council Chambers), Pyrena Castle
Time: 2:15 AST

Alexander sighed, burying his head in his hands. “Oh Harry,” he murmured, “why must this be so difficult?” He bit his lip, letting Councillor Tveitan’s words get to him. He scanned the agenda, crossing out the first three lines. “That should have taken five minutes, five minutes…not fifteen!” He shook his head, scribbling a quick note for Beatrice, Castration required. He giggled, grinning up at Harry. “Don’t worry about me, I don’t belong here anyway.”

Harry frowned disapprovingly. “Alex, don’t say that…sure, he’s a bastard but you’ve invested your life here. You’ve pretty much given up your life in Dartfordia to support the woman you love, never doubt for a second that you don’t belong here. Carry on like that and I’ll send you back to Southfleet.” He slid a coffee over to his friend, offering him a small smile.

Alex shrugged, nodding in appreciation. “That’s if Beatrice doesn’t send me there first. I…oh god,” he looked away. “Why would I say something like that? What possessed me? I mean, sure people do irrational stuff when they’re mad, but it was hardly—“

“Stop,” Harry’s voice was firm. Sometimes he wondered whether he should treat the Emperor of Rokkenjima with more respect, Pfft, I knew him before he could even say Emperor. “I highly doubt Beato will throw you out, she loves you Alex. And despite your comment, I’m sure she knows you love her in return.” He took out his phone, placing it on the table. “Maybe I should invite her here?”

Alex shook his head, standing up. “I would rather get through this meeting first. I don’t want to get upset.” He picked up his copy of the agenda and his beloved coffee, before heading back towards the Imperial Council Chambers. His face expressed determination, yet his posture exposed the facade. His mood brightened when he passed Councillor Albright, “Kate,” he spoke to her quietly, “thanks for uh, not being Vegard earlier. I greatly appreciate it.”

Giving her little time to respond, he pushed open the door and strode purposefully towards the Empress’ chair. Noting everyone’s presence, he began immediately. “Honourable Councillors, I am pleased to inform you that the signatures of both myself and the Empress have been added to the USR aid package deal. Before it is sent off, however, I kindly ask the council’s approval and am willing to immediately address any issues that have not yet been arisen on this platform.”

Location: Empress’ Dressing Room (Council Chambers), Pyrena Castle
Time: 2:20 AST

Harry yawned, reclining in the chair as he waited for Beatrice to pick up.“Your Majesty,” he began, then let out a soft chuckle, “Do not worry, I was just doing the same to Alex. He is faring relatively well, though I am unsure of how long he will keep fighting for. Councillor Tiveitan has decided to make his resentment of your husband quite clear, however.” He paused, then dropped the formality to adopt one more akin to addressing a best friend-in-law, “He’s fucked, Beato. I found him in your Exu bathroom, asleep on the floor no less. Obviously he’s feeling better now, but he still needs you.”

“How bad, Harry, how bad is he?” Beatrice’s voice was laced with concern, relieving Harry somewhat. He could hear movement in the background, it was apparent that Beatrice didn’t plan on leaving Alex to his own devices for much longer.

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table. “In all the twenty-two years I’ve known him, I’ve only ever seen him regret something this badly.” He snorted, “And that was when I convinced him that his cat was missing. Which was mean of me, I s’pose…” He let his mind wander, before bringing the subject back. “I digress. Anyway, I think he would really appreciate it if you showed up at the meeting. Even if you sneak into the public gallery, just so he knows…so he knows he hasn’t lost you.”

A moment’s consideration later, Beatrice replied confidently, “I will.”

CGJ:

Time: 14:20 AST

Alexander felt himself overwhelmed with joy at the sound of Beatrice’s voice. He bounced a little, though not enough to be noticed not directly staring at him. When Beatrice made her position clear to Tveitan, he could only cover his mouth to resist a squeal of delight. His celebration ended abruptly, however, when Tveitan returned his attention to him.

“Your Imperial Majesty,” he began, “Please inform the Empress that–“

Beatrice interjected, “That’s not how you resign.” She felt Alex capture her hand with his, immediately putting her at ease.

“Councillor Tveitan,” Alex spoke with a disappointed tone. There was no anger in his voice, nor in his expression. He didn’t need to be angry, he was prepared to diplomatically outclass Tveitan. “I kindly request that you preserve your dignity and resign in a proper fashion.” He glanced sideways at his wife, making brief eye contact with her.

Tveitan glared up at him, but Alex stared right back. Defeated, the disgraced Councillor bowed before the Emperor. “Your Imperial Majesty, I wish to…tender my resignation as Imperial Councillor for the Armed Forces.” His voice was shaky, his body sagged in the same way Alex’s had done so just a few minutes earlier.

The Emperor nodded solemnly, “I accept your resignation. Thank you for your service to the Empress and our country.” He extended his arm, taking Tveitan by surprise as he shook his hand. “I wish you well in your future endeavours, Tveitan.” He offered him a polite smile. He realised at that point he didn’t need to be angry. He had Beatrice back by his side, and that was all that he could have ever hoped for.

Tveitan stood back, his shocked expression mirrored by almost everyone in the room. He gave the Imperial Couple a bow, before stiffly left the room. Alex’s hand returned to Beatrice’s, entwining their fingers. “Now, Councillor Edison, may I ask for you reason for opposing the treaty?”

Edison gulped, looking at the papers in front of him. “Mr Tveitan misrepresents my position, your Majesties. My wife is a proud Rokkenjiman citizen, but she was once a refugee from the USR. As cautiously optimistic as I am about the treaty, I cannot bring myself to vote for something that may strengthen the USR.” He bit his lip, and Alex wasn’t sure quite what was making him so nervous. Alex glanced at Beatrice, who was offering Edison a sympathetic look. “I wish to abstain.”

“Mr Edison, we understand and accept your position,” Beatrice spoke up, “do not feel afraid to make a point like that. Thank you for sharing it with us.” Edison looked up, nodding in appreciation. “Councillor Vessey?”

Lester Vessey cleared his throat. “I oppose it for similar reasons to Mr Tveitan, ma’am. I believe that this will only give the USR, and in particular Stalin, a cause for a major purge once aid has been received. However, I must question your support for a treaty that you so clearly opposed just yesterday, what has happened since then to change your mind?”

Alexander nodded, Vessey’s ending sentence unsettling him slightly. “Thank you, Mr Vessey. If it is any consolation, we have made it clear in the treaty that we will not tolerate any such action. May I also add that aid will be spread across a period of time, not donated all at once.” He took a deep breath, his hand receiving a reassuring squeeze from Beatrice. “Now, uh, as for the other matter…all I can say is that sometimes one must take a step back and see a situation from someone else’s perspective in order to truly realise one's own position.”

Beatrice:

It had been a few days since the Imperial Council session, and since then Beatrice and Alexander had found a new understanding. Vegard had sent a hand-written apology to Alexander, and while Beatrice was still upset she had agreed to give Vegard good references for his new job ambition as the captain of a classic ocean liner. "Well, at least he'll be out to sea often," Beatrice said as she signed the letter.

Over the weekend which followed Beatrice took Alexander to see the Estuvan city of Vertdela which, despite its size, was one of the most relaxing places in Rokkenjima that she could think of. It also helped that she knew all of the best places to dine, and reservations were never a problem. The trip helped the two to reconnect, and she enjoyed not having to worry about political matters for a couple of days, just quality time with her Prince.

Instead of taking the Imperial Jet home the couple elected to take the Imperial Yacht Austrana. When Alexander asked her why they were sailing instead of a simple flight she grinned, "Well, I prepared a bit of a surprise for the trip home." "What on earth could you have prepared that you wouldn't be able to give me on the jet?" he asked, confused. "Well, you'll just have to wait until seven this evening to find out, for now let us gaze into the sea, it's a beautiful sunset and the long winter is finally over."

"Heh, it'd be nice if Hannibal wasn't blocking the view," Alexander replied, playfully disappointed. Beatrice called over the captain of the Austrana, "Get on the radio and order the Hannibal to drop back just a bit, she's blocking our view." With the order carried out Alexander nodded, "Much better."

When seven rolled around Beatrice and Alexander made their way to the yacht's theater, where the stage was prepared for what appeared to be a concert. "A personal concert?" Alexander asked, "Yes, and you'd best enjoy the performance. I went to great lengths to book these acts, and they won't play here again unless the crowd's a good one," she replied with a chuckle.

Alexander was surprised when he saw Matthew Bellamy take to the stage, then he reminded himself that he'd married the Empress of Rokkenjima. Flying Muse out to the Imperial Yacht to play a show for two people wasn't outside of the realm of possibility for her. After a full set Alexander and Matthew enjoyed a conversation, after which the next band took to the stage: the Smashing Pumpkins.

Near the end of the Pumpkin's set Beatrice had nodded off. Alexander thanked them for coming before carrying Beatrice back to their room. "Thank you," he whispered gently after laying her on the bed. He soon joined her in sleep, happy that they had overcome their differences and had rediscovered how happy they had made each other.
Vice Chancellor

Offline CGJ

• Vice Chancellor
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 11:20:50 PM »
Time: 25 December, 19:20 AST

It had been another week in Dartfordia, Beatrice working in visits in between her schedule as time permitted, but victory was finally hers. Well, if one could term it that way, but she felt at least one area of her life was being restored.

“I can’t believe I’m letting you do this,” Alex murmured as the car carrying the couple to the Rokkenjiman naval base in Arendelle, the city of the former headquarters of the Cross-Straits Union. The two had spent a festive morning with the Royal Family at Winchester, first a Church service, then a grand feast. The feast was full of turkey, trimmings, stuffing, potatoes, parsnips, Yorkshire puddings, and, at least for Alex, lots and lots of gravy. It was both an annual get-together and a family send off for the pair, who were being driven to Dartfordia's busiest port.

“It’s only been what, 2 years?” Beatrice smirked at him, giving his hand a squeeze as the car rolled to a halt. The pair got out, greeted by a couple members of the grew in the distance. Otherwise, they were alone - a contrast to the usual fanfare that accompanied their arrival aboard the vessel.

Alex paused at the foot of the gangway, staring up towards the ship that had, on many occasions, served as a second home for many years. Yet not in recent times. Austrana had reminded him instantly of Rokkenjima, and of his actions, or inaction, during the Andean Genocide - and he had not since returned.

Beatrice placed her arms on his hips, leaning into him from behind. The time she had spent with Alex, the hours of talking and working through the fears and doubts which had weighed so heavily upon him, "...I'll exorcise the demons from your past..." she sang delicately into his ear.

“Your overuse of Muse songs is endearing,” he whispered, briefly leaning back into her before stepping forward towards the ship. Beatrice followed just a few moments later.

Austrana’s first destination would be Azukishima, so Beatrice could offer him an exclusive peek at the new headquarters of the Cross-Straits Union, ahead its official opening in January. Following their visit they would return to Pyrettania via train, finishing with a drive to Pyrena Castle. As what some, including a couple of mean-spirited journalists, would call his ‘bail conditions’, Alex would only be known by his royal Dartfordian title: His Royal Highness the Prince of Littlebrook.

The weight of his behaviour years earlier still haunted him, and the prospect of another political scandal terrified the Dartfordian Government. He would only perform personal, charitable and the occasional ceremonial duties. Awaiting them upon their arrival to Pyrena Castle would be Euphy, Evanthe (visiting from Somerset), and Lucinda Hadley (visiting from Achkaerin).

With the low-key festive welcomining party behind them, the couple would spend a few days recuperating with Adriana and Lucius, before Beatrice embarks on two diplomatic talks, traveling via the Austrana with Alexander remaining aboard. "You may at least enjoy the sights and sounds with me,” she told him as they agree the plans, “and I'm sure we can make each voyage more than memorable."

The engines flared into life as the couple wondered up towards the stern of the ship. As Dartfordia began to slip beyond the horizon, the two held each other as they sailed towards their new life. “Merry Christmas, Bea,” Alex whispered, before they turned in for the evening.
Vice Chancellor

Offline CGJ

• Vice Chancellor
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 04:52:19 PM »
Time: 2 January, 22:20 AST

It’s the rats life for us little Remy, we don’t cook food, let alone in people’s homes.” The sound of singing rang through the private chambers at Pyrena Castle, a faint echo from the former office of the Empress.

Beatrice sighed, watching the open door that led towards the voices. She glanced to her right, the empty space of Alex’s former desk taunting her. I need a new office, she thought to herself, again.

The stack of papers, an inch thick and spread across the expansive oak table, only added to her torment. How the various charities managed to produce this level of work over the festive break astounded her. No doubt they wrote this in November and dumped it on Christmas Eve.

”So grab a menu and follow me, there’s a whole buffet that I’d like you to see!”

She smiled at the sound. Her husband and daughter, enjoying one last evening before Adriana would be flown out to Tytor. She’d leave tomorrow afternoon, after which they wouldn’t see her for months. Still, they’d been apart for longer in the past.

With a small, resolved smile, the Empress Emerita stood and wondered towards the sound of the singing voices.

Their voices grew louder as she neared. “The rat’s way of life, the rat’s way of life, the rat’s way of lifeeeee is the way to gooo!

The two were dancing, the faces of Adam Lambert and Tituss Burgess singing in the background. Alex had told her about this, the social media-made Ratatouille musical, which all started after Disneyland opened a Ratatouille ride. Such a bizarre idea, why’d they want-

“Mum!” Adriana’s voice snapped her back to reality, as her daughter threw her arms around her. The television paused. “You’re missing out on aaaaaaaaaall the fuuuuun!” The girl pulled back, grinning and is that wine?

Beatrice chuckled slightly, “Hello you.” She eyed the two empty bottles of wine on the carpet, her smile faltering. “You’ve been drinking?”

“Dad said I could!” Adriana protested, “plus it’s not like I haven’t drunk before.”

“You’re 16,” she turned to Alex and hissed, “she’s 16!”

“When I was 15 I was laying in a field after a bottle of vodka,” the man responded with a grin, “this is an improvement.”

“And how did that end up?” Beatrice retorted, incredulous.
“I married you, didn’t I?”
“That’s not the point, and you know it.”

Adriana’s voice interrupted them. “Oi!” They faced her. “Are you gonna watch the Ratatoosical or are you gonna work? I need to learn the words so I can seduce all the Tytorian lesbians.”

Beatrice snorted, “Doubt you’ll find many of those.”

“You’d be surprised,” Alex murmured, “You know what they say about church girls.”

Alex!”

“They’ve gotta do something to get through those long sermons,” Adriana added, “and what batter way to get through those long sermons than to…” she waggled her index and middle fingers.

"Get some WAP," Alex finished for her.

Alex!” Beatrice gasped, turning to her husband. “You’ve poisoned her!”

Alex laughed. “Oh I wish, she gets this all herself. I do encourage it!”

“Don’t cause a diplomatic incident,” Beatrice’s attention switched to Adriana.
“Like that time you turned up in a miniskirt, yah?”
“Now that was a calculated move!”

Alex sighed, “If we’d just sent her to Quinntopia instead…”

“What’s a Quinntopia?” Adriana asked.
“History,” Beatrice and Alex murmured together.
“Right…”
“Anyway!” Alex clapped his hands and wondered to the fridge, producing another bottle of wine. “Ratatouille?”

Beatrice sighed, shaking her head and smiling. “Fineee, but you’re gonna have to fill me in!”

Alex and Adriana grinned, as the three rejoined the show.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 07:25:44 PM by CGJ »
Vice Chancellor