Author Topic: Gairm Nan Gaidheal  (Read 18339 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Gairm Nan Gaidheal
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:25:39 PM »

EXTREMELY LARGE TELESCOPE SET FOR TURN ON

Tomorrow afternoon the King and his sister Princess Una will turn on the Extremely Large Telescope, possibly the largest telescope on Mundus with a diameter of  39.3 m. It is expected that from this site, built in the Highlands, that an unprescidented view of the solar system will be possible. The project was pushed for by Princess Una who has a keen interest in astronomy herself having been the President of her universities Astronomy Society. In the coming weeks three other telescopes using a variety of techniques will also be activated forming the Southern Skies Observatory. It is also expected that a further telescope being built in Lodja and one in East Moreland will also feed into the network making it the most extensive star gazing network on Mundus. The Princess has already spoken of her excitement saying. "I'm proud that our nation has invested so heavily in scientific advancement, while others are building weapons we're building things to learn about the galaxy. Its exciting to think what we could discover."

It is also expected that scientists from all the CNN nations will be present at the turn on, something King Finley was keen to emphasis, "The CNN is not a military alliance, it covers a whole range of co-operation and science is just one facet, possibly the most important. The more that we learn the better we can take care of our world and ourselves, I hope that having the brightest minds from four nations working together to learn all we can from this will show great results soon."

QUEEN EXPECTING THIRD CHILD

Queen Ríona has today announced that she is expecting her third child. The Queen, who is 41 years of age has been married to King Finley since 2005 and the pair already have two children, Prince Keane (Aged 11) and Princess Isobel (age 7). There has been several misreported pregnancies over the past few years however this time it is believed the royal couple choose to wait until the Queen was three months pregnant before making the announcement which was read at the Palace gates by King Finley's chief of staff Miss Adeen O'Lone before leaving the notice on the gates. Later in the day the King was seen watching his son Keane during his Gaelic Football practice where he also enjoyed a drink with other parents. As he left he spoke briefly with the press saying he was "Excited and nervous about becoming a father again."

Queen Cait of Cantabria, the King's youngest sister took to Twitter to share her joy saying, "Looking forward to meeting new nephew/niece and seeing UC soon". Queen Cait is due to visit the nation for the turn on of the ELT and is likely to spend a few days catching up with her family.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
Re: Gairm Nan Gaidheal
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 12:15:44 PM »

SCORDISCI BECOMES "SPECIAL PROVINCE"

Following the conclusion of the referendum in Scordisci the votes have been counted and 72% of those who cast their votes elected for the former nation to become a province of Ui Cenneslaig but with special status. Under the terms of the new arrangement Scordisci will have a Royal Governor who will be responsible for setting policies relating to infastructure, housing, health and education amongst others, with the King assuming responsibility for foreign policy, defence and law and order. There had been some complain that in the months since the Ui Cenneslaig government put Scordisci under protectorship that Cenneg citizens migrating would skew the vote however as King Finley explained, "In the 8 months since the Jacobsen Virus hit Scordisci so hard we had literally just shut the borders of Scordisci normal everyday life would have collapsed, people from Cenneslaig have taken a gamble, they have packed up their lives and headed to Scordisci for new oppurtunities and a chance to help rebuild. We should be celebrating what these people have done and not seeing them as some kind of referendum ploy. Now this is over we will not see these people return because they have invested in a life in what I am proud to call the Ui Cenneslaig Special Province of Scoridisci."

The vote also means that for the next six weeks Princess Una will act as Royal Governor until such a time as elections are held for the position. The Princess explained, "I will not be making any changes, Scordisci is working well at the moment and I see no reason to shake the boat over such a short period of time. I will only be reactive should I need to be, and I hope I have a very boring six weeks before handing over to someone the people believe is best to guide the Province." In the meantime members of the Scordisci military will be offered either an honourable discharge or will be merged with the UC military, this process will take place over the next few months and will likely see members of the UC military close to retirement offered early retirement in order to accomodate the Scordisci forces.

Meanwhile the King has announced that two new Thaneships will be created, the Thane of Scordisci and the Thane of Dundalkshire. The Thane of Dundalkshire shall be granted an estate close to the former capital city of Scordisci while the Thane of Scordisci shall be granted estates in the countryside. This will be the first new Thaneships created in over 500 years and the King has confirmed that he already has two people in mind. "I intend to create new youthful Thanes who have an interest in getting to know other lands and cultures, as such I shall be offering the Thaneship of Dundalkshire to Princess Rhiannon Ironside, the Morelanders helped defuse our arguement with Scordisci and then flooded the region with aid when the Jacobsen Virus hit, as such the Morelanders are in good standing with the locals and I am sure the Princess shall grown into a fine figurehead for that region. We shall meanwhile offer the Thaneship of Scordisci to Princess Alana of Lodja, she has spent time living in Ui Cenneslaig as a gesture of goodwill to the CNN and Network of Crowns, she is a lovely young lady who I know holds the Celtic culture in high regard."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:27:45 PM »

CORPRE ARRIVES IN THE UNITED IWI PORT

The nations aircraft carrier, The Corpre, has today arrived in the Commonwealth of The Iwi. The aircraft carrier is joined by several other ships including destroyers capable of intercepting missiles. The fleet was sent by King Finley in response to veiled threats made towards The Iwi by Saheristan following The Iwi's recognition of the Utmen. The King explained that the deployment was "part of the commitment between CNN nations towards each others security." It is expected that the fleet will stay for a considerable amount of time and conduct exercises with the Iwi's navy in and around the Matilda's. It is also expected that some of the fleet may pay a visit to the Celtic Protectorate HQ in Mercia where some 10,000 UC soldiers are stationed.

The fleet is also carrying an anti-missile system loaned to The Iwi by CNN partners East Moreland. This system is designed to further secure the Iwi against attacks by Saheristan. King Finley explained, "While we may be CNN allies the Iwi are free to pursue their own foreign policy. We are yet to make a determination as to where our support lies regarding the Utmen, however we will not tolerate our friends being threatened when we can do something to support them."

GALLOWGLASS TO HELP WELCOME SOMERSET TO THE WORLD

Following an invite the attend the establisbhment of an independent Somerset the King has dispatched his brother Prince Lennox, sister Princess Una and members of the 1st King's Own Gallowglasses Regiment to join the occasion. The King spoke of the event saying, "We believe that our celtic brothers and sisters around the world are our family. I see this festival as being like watching a little nephew take its first steps, a moment that any uncle would be delighted to attend. Sadly my own schedule forbids it however it is our honour to be able to send two royals and the fine men and women of our nations oldest regiment. I would like to extend a warm congratulations to the people of Somerset and hope to see many of them attending next years Highland Games representing not a clan but a nation. I will this evening raise a glass or three to their health and may their worst day ahead be only as bad as the best they have had so far."

The Regiment have sent a contingent of twenty pipers, ten drummers and twenty Gallowglass soldiers. The Colonel of the Regiment, Seamus McNally, said "The Gallowglass is an ancient group of soldiers, a warrior caste, today we are proud of our heritage and we know we share much in common with the people of Seaforth. To be permitted to play our pipes and drums there is good to be a wonderful experience and myself and the troops are looking forward to it."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:48:05 PM »

LUNA LANDER SET FOR LAUNCH

Following months of testing the Spásárthach Lander, ultimately destined for Nergal, has been declared fit for launch. The destination however will not be the red planet but instead Mundus' own moon Luna. It has been decieded that the landers prototype, which is half the size of the real one, will be utilised in landing on the lunar surface to conduct various sample tests and take images. a UCSA Project leader explained, "We've got this lander, its serving no real purpose anymore and we've wanted to get some data from Luna for a potential manned mission for some time, we see this as a fitting way of using the prototype in a less demanding environment than Luna. It will also give us some insight into how the Nergal mission would go.

The launch is expected to be at the end of next week and is likely to witnessed by King Finley who has shown a personal interest in the project. The monarch was at the announcement and said, " I grew up reading comics about space and science fiction, I have no idea half the time what the men and women at UCSA say but it sounds impressive. If they want to go ahead and put this thing on Luna then I'm all for it, I look forward to seeing the mission be successful and help improve the level of scientific study going on in our nation."

The King has also spoken of potential cross Ardian space missions in the future saying, "We've got some high tech nations on our doorstep that we should consider working alongside, space is a massive adventure and excites everyone, its a good opportunity to bring people together." The King's 11 year old son Prince Keane was also at the announcement taking notes, the youngster said, "We have a school project about the solar system and this lander is interesting, so Dad said I could come and write an article for the school newspaper, a lot of us get excited about the cool stuff we learn about space in school so to see a real life lander was brilliant." The King hopes that the enthusiasm of a space programme will help increase the up take of sciences at University following a recent study saying that 8% of places at University sciences courses are currently not filled, something the King described as "disturbing, every nation needs a supply of well educated and quality scientists, we're not quiet getting the flow I'd like to see so we need to get youngsters excited about science. This could be just one prong in our way of getting people onboard."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 07:51:34 PM »

PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOL PLACED IN "SPECIAL MEASURES"

Following a seemingly random attack on Chapterhouse school in Vaguzia (??) and the following media story highlighting some issues a surprise inspection by the Office for Schools, Training Academies and Pupil Oppurtunities (OFSTAPO) found the school wanting on a number of issues. By law any educational provider in the Kingdom is given an inspection every four years and graded either "Outstanding", "Good", "Requiring Improvement" or "Requiring Special Measures" in a variety of different areas including Achievement, Teaching and Learning, Leadership, Cultural Enrichment and Safeguarding of Young People. Any school being considered to be "Requiring Special Measures" in Safeguarding of Young People is automatically graded as that overall. Inspections take place with only 24 hours notice and last two days unless a school is not considered good where an extra day of inspection is carried out. A no notice surprise inspection can take place without any notice, such as happened in this case.

The last inspection of Chapterhouse Claith Lifeboat was carried out in 2015 and the school was rated as Outstanding in every category except Safeguarding Young People, for which it gained a rating of Good. Inspectors from OFSTAPO spent the day watching lessons, checking paperwork, interviewing pupils and staff as well as examining the schools facilities. The school was found to have "serious short comings" in terms of student safety as the report stated, "Students are put through daily exercise and religious rituals which do not seem coherent with the curriculum needs.". Another finding of the report stated, "The school grounds contained non-teaching members of staff who appeared to have no direct connection with activities within the school." meaning concerns were raised about the schools security. Finally the report stated "Several inspections of the students living quarters discovered military paraphanalia and in some cases knives still attached to cadet force equipment. It is also likely that girls as young as five have been given cadet style training." While military cadet forces are a common feature of schools in Ui Cenneslaig they are not permitted to accept members under the age of 13. The school will now receive one inspection a week at random for at least the next six months. The schools head teacher Hannah McKey has yet to respond to the report.

The Chapterhouse School in Vaguzia is part of a chain of four, along with the one in Claith, Achkaerin and Himeyama. The school in Vaguzia has been linked to the Bene Gesserit faith following a seemingly random attack by Borland Separatists. The Chapterhouse Schools are run by the O'Hogan Educational Trust which is run by Niklaus O'Hogan who is apparently "away on family business and unable to comment."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 10:46:14 PM »

KING RECOGNISES BENE GESSERIT AS A RELIGION AMID SCHOOL INSPECTION

King Finley today made a surprise visit to the recently scrutinised Chapterhouse Lifeboat school in Claith, the school is part of a chain of schools across Mundus which has recently been targeted by a terrorist attack. The attack cast light on the school potentially being connected to the faith, of which very little concrete is known. The King made the announcement in person saying.

"During our inspections of the school, designed to ensure that the young ladies learning there had a safe and constructive environment, it came to our attention that the school shared an ethos governed by the Bene Gesserit faith. Over the last few weeks our teams have looked hard into what this actually means and they are confident, and in turn so am I that this faith is not one we should fear. It is one we shall have to learn more about as it is clear a sizeable but small community of the faith have made Ui Cenneslaig their home. We recognise that the faith grew out of Kaitaine, a region our ancient Celtic ancestors sought to colonise many many centuries, even longer, ago, and as such its as much part of Celtic history as my own Pagan faith. As such I am granting it status as a recognised religion, with all the rights and of course responsibilities that this brings. The school shall be continually monitored and supported by our security services, no student should be targeted for any reason and I will not allow that in my country. I wish to reassure my friends in East Moreland that the school is in no way connected to those deviants who sought to attack your nation, we stand as ever committed to our alliance through the CNN and I would like to offer any Morelander official an invitation to visit the school alongside my inpsection teams. The schools benefactor, Mr. Niklaus O'Hogan, whose great grandfather established the chain, is of the Bene Gesserit faith and sees Ui Cenneslaig, with its Celtic heritage as the right place to centre his school to keep his persecuted religion alive, this is a testimony to our nations tolerant and loving attitude towards all."

It has not yet been confirmed whether the other three schools share the Bene Gesserit faith nor is it possible to confirm how many Bene Gesserit live in Ui Cenneslaig, however the number is estimated at around 100,000, many of whom are descendants of political refugees from the Communist invasion of Kaitaine which established the government that exists still today.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 10:49:48 AM »

NATION CELEBRATRES IMBLOC. KING ADDRESSES NATION

Towns and villages across the nation, and the Celtic Pagan world have celebrated Imbloc the  traditional festival marking the beginning of spring. Across the Kingdom people spent the day preparing giants dolls of the Goddess Brigid which were paraded through their home areas before being grouped together and burnt to symbolise the return of light and warmth to the world made possible by the Goddess. The day also see's celebration among the Celtic Christians who believe that the day is St. Birgit's day, someone historians suggest had been chief druid at the temple of the goddess Brigid, and was responsible for converting it into a Christian monastery. After her death, the name and characteristics of the goddess became attached to the saint. The Christian minority celebrated by first going to Church, making Brigid crosses from fresh grown grass and then joining in the Imbloc bonfires.

The Royal Family partook of the celebration by inviting their local community near their Alladale Estate to a feast. Around 200 villages and a further 100 or so invited guests, mainly Ambassadors attended to witness King Finley carrying a home made doll of Brigid that he and his son had made. This joined around fifty other dolls to be burnt as pipes and drums played, drink flowed and songs sung. One of the invited guests was the East Moreland ambassador Sir Edward Francis who described the event as "a wondrous evening of warmth and friendship."

As is traditional at 1pm the King took to the television to address the nation.

Quote from: King's Speech
I wish my Pagan friends a happy Imbolc and my Christian neighbours a blessed day. I believe Imbolc here in Ui Cenneslaig is a fine example to the world, here we have two religions that have clashed, fought and disagreed so much through history, yet here on this night we come together, eat, drink and share songs, united as one nation.

Imbolc is a time where we prepare for the good times ahead, but we should not forget the hardships behind us. Currently we have men and women on peacekeeping duty in Lakhzovia who can not light their fires, we will raise a glass to them as wish them a swift return home. It is vital that in the days ahead the CTO, with whom we have agreed a course of action, must now back up what words they have used with action. That organisation lay in the mud after recent actions and this was a golden chance for them to pick themselves up, dust themselves down and make a difference, I fear however we see once more the nation of East Moreland, our dear friends, shouldering those efforts. The new life that organisation needs must come now as surely as the weeks ahead will see the first Snowdrop flower.

This time of year is all about birth, I eagerly await saying hello to my third child, but that is still several months away. The lambs in the field will soon be with us and a new green world will emerge from the darkness of the winter. This time of rebirth will see our friends in Lodja have their Queen reborn, and I wish the new Queen there well and look forward to meeting her in person soon. We also have the rebirth of Ardian friendship, I hope to be able to confirm in the coming days a programme to connect the continent more rapidly making travel far speedier and easier for all, opening new markets to our nation.

Finally Imbolc brings a chance for a new beginning, wrongs can be righted in the year ahead. With that in mind I will be soon working on a programme of introducing Bene Gesserit involvement in our government. It has always been a policy that any faith with representation in our nation is permitted a number of seats in council. We have Pagan, Odinist, Celtic Christian, Catholic, Jews, Muslims, even a member of the Cult of Helus  on our Council. I will begin work with Niklaus O'Hogan, or to use his rightful Bene Gesserit name Niklaus Corrino, an upstanding Cenneg citizen and leading member of the formerly hidden Bene Gesserit community, to formulate just such measures. The world need not fear this faith, I believe I have had more interaction with it than any other and I am confident they are not the terrorists Kaitaine paints them to be. Like any faith, my own included, there are violent outsiders using the faith for there own means, but in the short time I have known members of this faith I have found them to be keen to learn, happy to teach, kind of heart and wise of word. I look forward to them blossoming in the same way the beautiful Snowdrop pushes through the last of the winter snow.

May the Goddess bless each of you.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 12:17:05 PM »

]

NATION CELEBRATES EYVIND KINNRIF DAY

Celtic Pagans around the country have today celebrated Eyvind Kinnrif Day. The festival celebrates the life and subsequent martyrdom of Pagan priest Eyvind Kinnrif who was brutally murdered by Christian extremists because he refused to renounce his Pagan religion. Each year Celtic Pagans across Mundus come together to celebrate their faith and ask to be given a strength similar to him. The day has come to be used as a reminder to Celtic Pagans of the need to be strong in their faith and stay true to their traditions.

The day began with an early morning parade of two Army units, The McKinley Highlanders and the Logan Kerns, two units who have traditionally recruited only Pagans. These units, accompanied by pipers, marched through the capital visiting three major Temples on their route, they also passed three Churches and as they passed the pipes fell silent. The King received a royal salute at the Palace before joining with members of the Pagan community in the palace grounds for a memorial service where a new tree was planted dedicated to Kinnrif. In the early afternoon a great festival started in Claith with musicians performing traditional songs and dancers performing ceremonial steps. The streets were lined with hundreds of thousands who came to celebrate, many wearing traditional Cenneg attire.

At sunset, the time stories say Kinnrif was murdered the King addressed the people from the Palace.

Quote from: Finley

Today we have come together with our brothers and sisters in Cantabria to remember the awful murder of a Holy man at the hands of an extremist. Our nation became stronger when Kinnrif was murdered, not because in fear we embraced the faith his executioners wished us to, but because despite the hardships that were to come we stayed true to what made us who we are, the Celts. I had been contacted about a potential Celtic alliance and had invited both Somerset and Irishar to join us, and unite all Celts in celebration of our ancient ways. Yes I realise these two do not share our Celtic Pagan belief anymore, but it was this faith that created many of the traditions and symbols that we today use to identify ourselves as Celts. As my friend King David of East Morleand is fond of saying, "To understand our today we must look to the past." and in this case we look to Kinnrif and his bravery, a fine example to all. But things change, in the aftermath of Kinnrif's murder, for that is what it is, there was revenge taken on Christian communities, however in the years and centuries that followed thankfully our communities have began to live side by side, then thrived, today we stand as one nation regardless of faith, but ever mindful we are Celts first. I am saddened that Somerset and Irishar did not see fit to accept our invitation to come, see our land, enjoy our party and the like, but my door remains open"

Sadly as always there was some anti-Christian attacks by a minority. Three people were arrested at Claith Cathedral for throwing blood at a Priest. They will stand trial in the morning for assault.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »

NIKLAUS O'HOGAN (CORRINO) BECOMES MEMBER OF ROYAL COUNCIL

Influential Cenneg businessman, and recently confessed Bene Gesserit Niklaus O'Hogan, who is actually called Niklaus Corrino, has been given a place on the royal council. The move comes following consultation between the King and several key members of the Bene Gesserit community. It was fuelled by the King's determination to have a diverse group of councillors from all religious backgrounds. This makes Corrino the first Bene Gesserit to serve on the council openly. The King confirmed the decision saying, "Niklaus has been a key person within the nations business world for a while, his philanthropy is well recorded and he has used his considerable wealth to support a whole host of good causes." The new councillor will be sworn in one Friday and will likely be given a portfolio including helping support business and enterprise. ]

Niklaus Corrino released a statement saying he was "Honoured to be allowed to serve a nation that I have been welcomed and protected by. It is my hope that I can continue to work to support Ui Cenneslaig to become even greater than it is now."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 10:46:17 PM »

KING FINLEY OFFERS TO SELL SHIP TO SEAFORTH

Following a surprise edition of the SNN the King of Ui Cennesliag, Finley Ó Séaghdha, has offered to sell the ailing nation a ship. The King's rather bizarre offer was explained by the King's brother Prince Lennox who was back in Claith on a rare visit from his duties in Lodja as Ambassador to Albion. "This seems odd, we have a nation that has suffered greatly but my brother offers them one of our old warship The Aid Ollain but its far from crazy. The nation of Seaforth is a proud Celtic nation, making them our kin, they do not need charity as they are strong spirited like all Celts and will stand proudly on their own two feet. As such I suspect they'll be keen to not rely on the charity of others and be seen as needy, and beside every nation likes a navy. With that in mind the offer of buying our retiring ship for $1, along with all the supplies onboard is them helping themselves. It is a ship that still has many years left ahead of her but as we trim our Navy has become un-needed. We would therefore be willing to get the vessel underway by the weekend, and if Seaforth permitted its 300 man crew would appreciate some shore leave once they arrive and I'm sure they'd be delighted to enjoy the delights of Seaforth."

King Finley later in the day spoke to the press himself and said, "This is an arms sale, one nation to another, nothing more. Seaforth are a nation with a proud military tradition and the Aid Ollain can add to that and do them proud." The King also let slip that he would be extending an invite to Seaforth to revisit the recently failed Celtic Alliance. "We had a great opportunity, Irishar backed away, as did Somerset, ourselves, Cantabria and hopefully Seaforth can make this a go and celebrate our shared heritage."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 11:42:15 PM »

PRINCE LENNOX'S WIFE IS MISSING

It was confirmed last night that Princess Mary of Cantabria and Ui Cenneslaig, the wife of Prince Lennox is missing in Lodja. The 43 year old Princess and mother of one was living in the Lodjain Royal Palace with her husband who is the nations ambassador for the whole of Albion. The Princess has now not been seen for over 24 hours and there have been no sightings of her. A Royal Guard unit has been carrying out a search of the Isle of the Goddess and there have been various searches of the outcrops that make up the cliffs. So far there has been no sightings. Prince Lennox is said to be "worried sick" and is "receiving all the support possible by the Lodjain government."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 09:19:30 PM »

KING FORMS 4C WITH SISTER

King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig and his sister Queen Cait of Cantabria today confirmed that they have formed what is being called 4C, the Cross Celtic Cultural Council. The new organisation came about following the failure to create a Pan-Celtic Alliance after Somerset and Irishar both failed to respond. In the days following the failure King Finley and his sister, who is married to the currently incapacitated King of Cantabria meet to form the new organisation which King Finley has described as being, "An attempt at providing the Celtic artists, athletes, musicians and various other artesans an outlet that values their cultural heritage. The celtic way of life, our arts, crafts, tales are what make us who we are and our ancestors took us far across Mundus. Today Celts have spread out from just Ui Cenneslaig and Cantabria and we find our kin in West Aranye and East Aranye.  We must try and make the most of these bonds and that chance was destroyed. As a result we shall begin to rebuild by the formation of a cultural council which will organise some amazing events in the coming months"

The King also spoke that he hopes these events will be attended by people from across Mundus and entice what the King considers our nations "distant brothers and sisters" into joining the organisation. Eventually the King hopes to resurrect the Pan-Celtic Alliance and this is seen as the next logical step.

FORMER KINGS BODYGUARD TO OVERSEE NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT

Following East Moreland's announcement that it intends to completely dismantle its nuclear arsenal the Kingdom of Ui Cenneslaig has been asked to provide the person responsible for overseeing the process. The man choosen is former Army Captain, and one time bodyguard of King Finley, Seth McMinn. The 57 year old served in the Royal Kerns Commando unit alongside King Finley when the King was a junior officer, he then transfered into the Royal Protection Unit and was one of the King's own bodyguards. The announcement came along with a statement from King Finley on the Morelander decision. "For any nation to give up its weapons is a bold move. The world has to look at this as a nation willing to reassure its neighbours and for that I applaud or friends. They wish to show this is not just idle talk and we have been asked to verify the disarmament, as such I will be asked Seth McMinn to lead a team that will watch every process and report back when done. He will in the coming weeks recruit some more suitable obseveres from other nations, not all of whom shall be CNN."

King Finley also announced that following the Lodjain Military Review he will be making several of the Ui Cenneslaig's retiring naval vessels available on a short term basis to the nation while they examine their own vessels.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »

DWARF PLANET MISSION TO LAUNCH THIS WEEKEND

The Madainn Probe is set to be launched this coming weekend. The probe is designed to fly to investigate a protoplanet called Ceres which is situated between Nergal and Marduk and forms part of the asteroid belt that sits between the two planets. It is likely that the Mandainn probe is likely to claim several “firsts” in space exploration. According to the Dr. Lee McRae the project co-ordinator,  it’s the first “purely scientific” probe powered by ion thrusters. It’s the first probe to visit Ceres, and thus the first probe to visit a protoplanet. If it is successful in observing Ceres it is likely to move onto a second nearby protoplanet called Vesta  and if it achieves orbit with that dwarf planet, will be the first probe to orbit two bodies in a single mission.

Dr.McRae spoke of excitement about the programme saying "By studying these two bodies we can learn much about the processes by which our own planets have formed. Hopefully we can see how celestial dust merged into clusters, which merged into rocks, which merged into planets. Vesta and Ceres should have been right there alongside Earth, Venus, Mars, etc., in our sixth-grade light bulb diorama, but they couldn’t quite make the jump to planet-hood. . These proto-planets—one rocky and the other icy—are more or less windows into the past, and by studying them, we can fill in the blanks on the history and makeup of the Solar System. Madainn will arrive at Ceres in April. The probe also features many elements manufactured by SmartWar who Dr.McRae said, "They have a proven track record in making successful remote systems and we'd be fools not to use their expertise in a project where our probe is likely to be in and out of flying debris. There is a good chance some giant rock will slam into Madainn as it transition making it important to give it some ability to act autonomously."

KING CÓEMGEIN FINALLY LEAVES HOSPITAL

King Cóemgein of Cantabria was today released from hospital. The 44 year old had been involved in a major car accident and was in a medically induced coma for close to two months and has then been slowly regaining his cognitive ability over the last six months. While hospitalised he also suffered from MRSA which further set back his recovery. While he has been hospitaliised the Kingdom of Cantabria has been run by his wife Queen Cait, sister of King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig. The Queen has juggled representing the royal family with bringing up the pairs two year daughter Niamh. The Queen, who turned 30 last week, has acted as regent and is likely to continue to do so until the King is passed as medically fit enough to return to his duties.

The Queen spoke briefly with the media before going into the Claith Royal Hospital to take her husband home and said, "I'm thrilled to get him home finally, as will Niamh. She's spent a good few months not really having her father around and I'm sure being with her well only help my husband recover." King Finley also sent his regards saying, "Cóemgein is effectively a brother to me and I'm delighted to hear he's on the road to recovery. I look forward to catching up with him soon."

It is expected to be at least another six months before Cóemgein can resume even the most basic royal duties.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »

MADAINN CLOSES IN ON CERES BRIGHT SPOT

The Madainn probe which is being sent to examine a unique dwarf planet is around two weeks away from reaching its target. The probe will conduct a fly past last around ten days and take a host of different readings and images. One location that fascinates scientists is a series of bright looking spots that seem to appear every 13 hours or so. To date scientists have no knowledge of why the spots appear and are hoping the probe will be able to catch some of them as they light up. Once they've explored Ceres the probe will begin a risky manoeuvre to place itself on a five day journey towards a second dwarf planet called Vesta.  According to the Dr. Lee McRae the project co-ordinator the move could be a disaster, "The two dwarf planets sit in the asteriod belt between fourth and fifth planets, its full of large constantly moving chunks of rock and so the idea of flying a probe between them is going to be tricky. We've mentally resigned ourselves to losing the Madainn but we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for the transit."

It is hoped that the investigation of Ceres will help scientists gather information about how the planets are formed.

PRINCE LENNOX TO GO ON SECONDMENT TO LODJAINS

The recently widowed Prince Lennox will return to Lodja in the coming days. The 42 year old brother of King Finley was previously the Ambassador to Albion but was mainly based on the Isle of the Goddess, the personal residence of the Queen of Lodja. He was living there with his wife, Princess Mary when she apparently slipped and fell from rocks and then her body was washed out to sea being found two days later. The Prince however this time will fulfil a different role having been seconded to the Lodjian military. The Prince is a Lt.Col in the Royal Kerns Commando unit and will be attached to a group of Lodjain Marines. The Prince spoke to the press before leaving to say, "The Lodjain military are nice guys but they have lacked real professional preparation in the past. We've seen the Morelanders try and help but have done little to help our allies themselves. I'm not saying I'll transform the Marines but I do think I have skills I can pass on, plus its always nice being in Lodja as its a beautiful nation with friendly people."

It is expected Lennox will spend six months working alongside the Marines while a Lodjain officer comes to work with the Royal Kerns Commandos.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 01:13:51 PM »

CELTIC PROTECTORATE FLEET GOES ON STANDBY

Following announcements that Rokkenjima are sending a fleet to Gulf of Aaraxis amid tensions in Midaranye. The news came as King Finley announced that the carrier CNS Corpre will be soon retired. "The plan had been for the Copre to be brought back from its station in the Celtic Protectorate early in the new year, that will now be postponed as the situation in the region reaches a difficult moment. We have maintained cordial relations with the Seleucid government as we maintain a presence in the Cult of Helus dominated south East Royal Seleucid and will stand by our agreement to act as a peace of mind for those people until 2020. That agreement permits us react to humanitarian situations in the region should they come about and as such we sense we could be reaching one so are taking appropriate measures."

The Protectorate is home to a carrier group, around 4,500 Cenneg soldiers and three air squadrons (one fighter, one ground attack and one mixed use). They have in the past months acted alongside the Seleucid navy in routine patrols of the Seleucid coast and just a month ago where involved in the rescue of a Seleucid fishing boat which had been damaged in rough weather. The commander of the base is General Sheamus O'Rourke who will like the Corpre be retiring when his tour of duty is over. "We've tried our best to be part of the local community here. Our people spend their wages in local shops, enjoy local restaurants and we've even tried teaching the Seleucid Gaelic Football, with little impact on making it a global sport. We have though a responsibility to the Cultists here to ensure their safety and that means not just from the worries of another genocide, something I am glad to say I've seen little chance of, but also from external threats. The imminent execution of a prominent young girl from Tamora and the Rokkenjiman arrival does have the potential to set a match to what is a region of tinderbox concerns. We will keep our boats confined to Seleucid waters, our planes to Seleucid skies but will be keeping a close eye on the situation."

Back home King Finley spoke of the impending execution of Dilara Haghigh saying, "I do not condone the death penalty personally but I do understand people who may. I believe that the risks of executing someone who is actually innocent mean we should not bloody the hands of the state. What I do believe though is that in this case Haghigh is being used as a pawn in a wider diplomatic game and that is just plain wrong. The government of Slava Lavosk should take other measures, life in prison, exile, something that means they do not needlessly take away a life. This scenario is beginning to spiral out of control once more and we all know some of the fragilities of the Midaranye region in recent years. This execution is likely to throw more petrol on that fire for little benefit. We have seen the Iwi use brutality to try and right historic wrongs. I can well understand this desire for vengeance in them but these executions will change nothing and are leading only to more tension. This is something I would urge Slava Lavosk not to copy."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 10:23:31 PM »

ARMY REINFORCE BORDER

Following various reports in the Dragonaii media of incidents near the border featuring some semi-wildman known as Wild-Jaegar. The Dragonaii media have reported several run ins between these people who live as kind of wild hunters and religious extremists. As a result King Finley has sent the Royal Fianna Regiment to the region in order to secure the border. The Minister of Defence, Dermot McClaren stated, "The Fianna Regiment where very effective at dealing with the incursions into our territory by the Scordisci terrorist movements. The experience they amassed then will now be put in place on this border. The Fianna will robustly patrol the border and will intercept anyone illegally crossing the border. If anyone believes they are fleeing religious persecution they should present themselves at the official border crossing posts where they can claim asylum and be considered legally. If we find anyone crossing illegally they will be returned to their own government. If just one bullet from these Wild-Jaeger ends up in our nation rest assured we will not be pleased."

It is also confirmed that the Cenneg military are in talks with SmartWar to take ownership of several RoboGuard systems in order to beef up border security, McClaren said, "Our border is rather long and as such covering every inch all of the time is next to impossible. These vehicles have been impressive in East Moreland and I believe the Slava Lavosk government also found them useful. They will give us an additional tool to ensure our citizens security is not hampered."

KING TO SEEK TUNA TRADE DEAL

King Finley has today announced that he intends to invite representatives from the Treaty of Unity for Nations of the Alucard to Claith in order to discuss a trade deal. The King was speaking before watching Claith Gaelic Football Club (CGFC) play rivals Claith Rovers in a cup semi-final. The King, who is a devoted CGFC fan said, "TUNA is an organisation that sits at an important cross roads, Ardia and Albion. Its also an organisation that is showing unparralleled co-operation in both terms of economic co-operation as well as in a wide range of other affairs. It is my hope we can conduct some kind of arrangement between us to help us all prosper."

The King has recently sent a representative to Bakkermaya to discuss dealing with refuse in the Sea of Alucard something the King explained as being, "Vital if we are to try and sort out the world. We've been gifted Mundus by the Gods and when they gave it us it was a beautiful gem, now we've bashed it about a fair bit and need to polish it back up. Getting the crap out the Alucard will be a good start and will help our fisherman too. I think this is the first multi-national approach to dealing with actually improving the environment rather than trying to protect it. The Grand Duke of Bakkermaya should be applauded for coming up with the initiative and I look forward to their success."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 11:10:49 PM »

QUEEN GIVES BIRTH TO THIRD CHILD

It was announced earlier today that Queen Ríona hs given birth to her third child and that mother and child are doing well. The birth came at just after 9am in Claith Royal Infirmary and the King, his son Keane and daughter Isobel where all at the hospital when it happened. Just after 10am it was further announced that the child was a boy and will be named Alfred. The King later appeared on the steps of the hospital to speak with well wishers, many of whom had brought gifts for the newborn child. "I'd like to thank the staff here at the hospital as well as those wishing my family well. I'm thrilled to be a father again and I'm looking forward to changing a few nappies. Keane and Isobel are going to make fantastic siblings and I know Izzy is very excited to have a new baby brother, Keane meanwhile is already planning on his football training. I'd ask that we be permitted to enjoy the next few days as a family and the Riona is allowed to recover in peace and quiet."

The King was briefly asked about the situation following the allegations that East Moreland had been involved in the killing of Rokkenjiman agents by the FMN. The King simply said, "East Moreland as a nation have a policy of making sure that when they put down bad guys you know. Look at the Borlander raids they carry out, the attack on the Principality in Zimalia, they want you dead they want the world to know they can get you. If these Rokkenjimans had been killed by Morelanders I'd have expected a Honeybadger head in their bed or something."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 08:53:25 PM »

CHAOS ERUPTS IN THE CELTIC PROTECTORATE COUNCIL

The Council set up to help run the Celtic Protectorate in Royal Seleucid this morning erupted into chaos amid an arguement over the future of the area. The Celtic Protectorate was set up following the short lived but bloody genocide of followers of the Cult of Helus. The incident occured while King Akakois of Royal Seleucid was on an overseas visit and was caused by what has been called "rouge religious extremist army officers" and was stopped by swift action by East Moreland and Achkaerin, it was only however the landing of Ui Cenneslaig troops that brought about a complete stop. In an agreement made between Ui Cenneslaig and Royal Seleucid it was determined that the South West province of Royal Seleucid would for the next ten years be under the administration of Cenneg Armed Forces.

Today however in council one elected councilman presented the Governor-General, Lt-Col Mulligan, with a petition signed by 18,000 Seleucid citizens calling for the ten year period to be made permanent. Councillor Rifat Saib, a well respected local Cultist handed the document over without warning and soon after the 20 person Council chamber erupted into chaos which only ended when Mulligan called in the Military Police. The meeting was cancelled for the day while Mulligan gathered legal advice. Later in the day he said, "We take the security of the Protectorate and everyone here very serioulsy. We also try and keep the area as close to the will of the people as possible. This is a matter I never expected and I'm unsure how this continues, to my knowledge the 10 year limit is non-negotiable, it has to be. From the Seleucid prospective it means they know at one point their nation will be fully back under their control and tensions will have had chance to subside. On the otherhand the Cultists know for the next 10 years they are safe. I'm not sure if its even possible to do what the petition asks for nor whether we'd be willing."

It was later announced that Cenneg Military Police had arrested Mr. Saib for a breach of the peace as he got into a verbal arguement with a fellow councillor. He was released twenty minutes without charge but had received words of warning. The Council is due to meet again on Friday. Cenneg forces in the Protectorate have increased their alert status.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:04:58 PM by KrisNord »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »

THREE DEAD IN CELTIC PROTECTORATE COUNCIL SHOOT OUT

Scenes of chaos broke out today again in the Celtic Protectorate as one councilman shot and killed three others before being killed by Military Police. The shooting comes just days after fist fights inside the Counchil chamber brought on by a request by a Cult of Helus following councilman for the period of the Protectorate to be extended indefinitely. The legalities of this request are still being investigated but today it seems another arguement broke out, this time one councilman Mr. Macaral had brought a handgun into Council and opened fire upon the five Cultist councillors present. Two were killed instantly with another dying at the scene while being given medical attention. Lt-Col Isaac Mulligan was in the chamber at the time but was unhurt as members of the Military Police responded and neutralised Macaral who was also pronounced dead.

Tensions have been running high in the Protectorate since the genocide of the followers of the Cult of Helus in Royal Seleucid. The Cult found its way to Royal Seleucid in the 13th Century through Borland exiles who were later rounded up by Morelanders who helped support the religion by building temples. The number of Cultists in Royal Seleucid is thought to be just under 800,000 however around 1million lived there prior to the genocide. The latest wave of religious violence means the Cenneg Peacekeeping force has gone onto high alert and it is likely King Finley will allocate further resources to the operation in the coming days. A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said, "This needs to be an isolated incident. We will be increasing our patrols on the street and we wish to make it very clear that anyone provoking religious hatred or intolerance will face the stiffest possible penalties under Seleucid law."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2019, 10:12:28 PM »

CANTABRIAN KING DECLARED MEDICALLY UNFIT TO RULE

Tragic news emerged late last night from neighbouring Cantabria where King Comegein, who has been suffering with ill health for around a year now, has been declared medically unfit to be King. The 40 year old was involved in a serious car accident 12 months ago and spent several months in a coma before battling infections. The King was only released home 3 months ago but has been suffering several problems, including regular fits, problems with his memory and other medical problems. Yesterday morning he was once more rushed to hospital following a seizure and Doctors confirmed that he had suffered a bleed on his brain and is unlikely to recover "full mental capacity". It was later confirmed that the King has been declared by three doctors incapable of ruling and as such the nations Witan has determined that the throne should pass to the King's daughter Sarah, however as the child is just two years old the Queen shall act as regent until her 18th birthday. Queen Cait has been acting as regent for much of the last year and has proved popular with the Cantarbian people.

King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig sent his brother in law his well wishes saying. "I am deeply upset, Comegein is a good man and I had hoped for a long and happy reign from my neighbour, however it now appears unlikely that will ever happen. I now pray to the Gods that he will be able to be a father as his Kingdom and his daughter were his two loves. To lose both is a tragedy beyond comprehension."

King Finley has offered his support and advice to his sister as she now begins preparing for the next 16 years as regent of Cantabria.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »

TELESCOPE NETWORK TAKES FIRST BLACK HOLE PHOTO

In a scientific first the Cenneg space agency have used their network of telescopes across Mundus to take the first image of a black hole. The image was released to the media early yesterday and showed a bright halo which caused by superheated gas falling into the hole. The light is brighter than all the billions of other stars in the galaxy combined which is why it can be seen at such distance from Mundus. The picture combined images from two telescopes in Ui Cenneslaig and others in East Moreland, the Unified Iwi, Lodja and Heyra.

Seamus O'Lachlan (Head of the Cenneg Space Agency) was pleased with the first image saying, "For something 500 million trillion km away its an amazing image. It is something which enables us to learn so much more about this feature of space and was only made possible by the construction of this network of telescopes. The more we build that work together the more we can learn. We know there are many many smaller black holes in existence but this one has a mass 6.5 billion times that of the Sun. And it is one of the heaviest black holes that we think exists. It is an absolute monster, the heavyweight champion of black holes in the Universe." It is hoped over the next few weeks to get more images which can be even clearer.

KING VOICES CONCERN OVER ARDIAN TENSIONS

Following threats of sanctions between several Ardian nations and the offer of "military support" from Tamora the King has taken to radio to address the issue. Speaking on a national radio breakfast show the King said, "We had reached a point where things in Ardia where looking good. The plans for a Southern cross continent railroad were heading in the right direction and in time could have been extended to every corner of the continent. We had an unparalleled chance to co-operate on a major engineering project to bring us all together. I personally think the SICR government have made a bad move with the purchase of slaves. For all the reasons laid out by Grand Duke Lascelles in his resolution to the Ardian Assembly the purchasing of slaves for any reason is wrong. It implies by the fact you've exchanged money for their freedom that it was yours to give not a natural right. They may have had good intentions but it can't be permitted to buy a human being for any reason. For Rokkenjima though to go straight to sanctions misses the entire point of the Ardian Assembly, since the threat of sanctions we've seen backtracking and then Princess Evanthe gives the ludicrous statement saying "Foreign militaries operating on Ardian soil and in its airspace....is unacceptable" That is a ridicolous statement and therefore opposing Tamora on that basis indicates Rokkenjima will be closing its Achkaerin base and its current prescence of them. Obviously nations should be free to welcome whoever they wish to their own soil. I would however urge the nations of New Derusima and SICR that they are proceeding far too quickly percieving this as a threat needing military power. Rest assured we shall do all possible to stop military action being needed."

The King pointed out that in the past Ardia has seen military forces from several nations outside the continent send military forces here. "In the past we've seen East Moreland send troops to Scordisci, Achkaerin, Dartfordia and Seaforth have had military interaction with Rokkenjima. I'd also like to remind Ardia that just last year an Ardian gas rig was attacked by Royal Seleucid and yet no sanctions or statement against the Seleucid were issued by any of these parties involved in the most recent crisis. That was a situation far more worthy of sanctions than this present one."

The King is hopeful that ongoing talks in the Ardian Assembly will see as he said, "All nations agree to make Ardia a slave free zone in all manner of ways. SICR are a nation we had hoped to join together with to build the Southern Line, we've also seen them take measures to ensure our territorial integrity from their Wild Jaegers, I am sure the government of SICR acted in good, but misplaced, intentions. They must appreciate that fact and sign up to this agreement."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2019, 07:57:56 PM »

CNN TO "BOMB" THE MOON

It was announced today from the CNN HQ on Cabra Estate near Claith that the CNN is about to undertake the second joint space mission all be it this time an unmanned one. The aim of the mission is to gather new samples of rock from the moon but from beneath the surface to hopefully allow scientists to learn more about the way the moon was formed. The mission will see a large probe sent towards the moon which prior to reaching lunar orbit will break into three. The first part is an explosive laden probe, essentially a missile which will impact and create a new fresh crater with nothing in it other than moon rock. The second probe will carry a specimen return capsule (SRC) which will hopefully land in the crater and collect fresh moon rocks from deeper in the moon than previously done. The final probe will overfly the site of the impact taking new images allowing scientists to view the fresh exposed crater in clear detail. The SRC will then rejoin with the overflying capsule before returning to Mundus. The mission is the first of its kind and will see inputs from all four CNN nations.

The launch is likely to happen mid next month from the Ui Cenneslaig Mission Control and the probes have been put together in the clean room of the facility. The East Moreland Aircraft Corporation have designed and constructed the exploding probe, essentially shrinking and modifying their Spearhead missile. Martha Leary will be in charge of the mission and said, "This potentially goes a long way to helping us understand totally how the moon was formed, and therefore perhaps we learn more about our own planet. Its an ambitious project as we need three probes to all work together with pinpoint accuracy. It'll be a nerve wracking few hours as we need to first make sure the missile section hits its target perfectly, then we need the timings to go without a hitch." The target site has been selected as it is far away from regions usually explored by nations.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 08:49:05 PM »

CELTIC PROTECTORATE ISSUES "SELEUCID IN ORIGIN"

Fraser McEachran, the Minister for the Armed Forces has today responded to news that a private individual in Royal Seleucid is seeking to end the Celtic Protectorate set up after the genocide which took place. Former Minister for Education Parvez Begahi is seeking to bring a court case which amounts to breach of contract against Ui Cennesliag which he believes will force the nation to end its duties there. He states that a  A Tribunal of Unification has not been established, that recent law changes have yet to be implimented and that a Cenneg representative on the Royal Council be appointed. Mr.McEachran stated he believed this was nothing more than a propaganda ploy by Mr.Begahi. "We know King Heydar has sought international observers of the Protectorate to independently verify whether the situation there is safe for Cultists. This is a measure we have no issues with and we would certainly listen to the advice of a neutral observer. The three problems Mr.Begahi points out though are Seleucid in origin, let me explain what I mean by that. The Tribunal of Unification was established and then halted during the recent food crisis. The chaos in Seleucid meant holding such hearings were unsafe for all involved, since peace has been restored we are now having to track down some individuals, some of whom may have sought refuge in Tamora for example. We also have some people bringing new cases to us citing issues during the food crisis. While the Tribunal may not currently be sitting the staff assigned to it are hard at work and I suspect the Tribunal will begin again in the next two weeks or so. As for the new law changes, these are tougher to enforce as they require specific knowledge about Seleucid market laws, something our rank and file soldiers are being trained in so they can respond appropriately. We have asked for guidance from the Palace in Ipsus and once these reaches our forces they will be complying with the new laws regardless of our opinion on them. Finally as for the Royal Council representative we had appointed Tim Carpenter of East Moreland, however he has since accepted an offer to be East Moreland ambassador to Royal Seleucid. I believe having him be both a representative of the Cultists in the Protectorate and a foreign ambassador is a conflict of interest. We had planned to hold an election for the post but the food crisis halted those. Once people have returned home and we can check electoral registers that matter too will be dealt with. These issues are largely outside our control and we shall deal with them. Before we arrived here persecution against the Cultists was a major problem even before the genocide. Now under a combination of our presence and King Heydar's words in support of the Cult people feel safer. We would not believe that removing this before confidence has fully returned is wise."

There has been no court date set so far and Minister McEachran states, "we will naturally and in accordance with our obligations co-operate with any investigation into the current situation. I echo King Heydar's call for a independent and neutral delegation to visit. They will find our military forming excellent relationships with a nervous population who on a day by day basis are getting their lives back in order. I am proud we've been able to help them and hope we may do so far into the future."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 10:45:17 PM »

PALACE ANNOUNCE MAJOR NEWS

The Cenneg Royal Family today announced that they have concluded in principle a deal that will potentially one day see Ui Cenneslaig and Cantabria fall under the same monarch. A Royal spokesman said, "King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig and Queen Cait have agreed that Prince Keane of Ui Cenneslaig will marry Princess Esmeralda of Cantabria. The wedding would take place in 2029 when the Princess reaches 18." There is a long history of marriage between the royal families of Ui Cenneslaig and Cantabria with two of King Finley's siblings marrying to royals from Cantabria. These marriages however have been rather unlucky as Prince Lennox married Princess Mary of Cantabria who died in a fall from a balcony in Lodja, meanwhile Princess Cait married Prince Comegein who has since been deemed mentally incapable of ruling thus leaving Cait as regent. While the marriage has been approved by the Cenneg monarch and thus is approved from that side of the parties it still needs approval from the Cantabrian Parliament as all decisions regarding the positions of the royals there requires approval while they have a Regent. It is believed that the marriage is likely to be unopposed in the Cantabrian Parliament as many have in the past considered ever closer union to Ui Cenneslaig.

The marriage would likely mean that the children of Keane and Esmerelda would one day inherit both thrones and thus bring about the possibility of a joint Kingdom in the future. There have been calls by some for the ending of this tradition of cousins from the two Kingdoms marrying as this close proximity of the families could potentially lead to heightened birth defects. One historian explained, "In the old Celtic clans that were effectively micro-nations it was common for clans to marry off children between themselves regularly. This lead in many cases to certain clans getting reputations for being insane. At the time it was put down as a mark of the Gods or some other superstition but today we firmly believe it was caused by some kind of inherited genetics."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »

"HURDLES REMAIN" IN PROTECTORATE

Following the recent report from the visit to the Protectorate by a Hassfurt Prince. The report was generally complementary about the Cenneg peacekeepers as well as the efforts of the Seleucid to restore the trust of the Cultists in the Protectorate. The report did talk about how at times Cenneg peacekeepers fail to follow recent laws passed for environmental protection. General O'Malley who is currently the commanding officer of the peacekeepers in the Protectorate commented. "The environmental laws are ones that would, at least in our view, hamstring the local economy. The people are not prepared to be able to continue business after the sudden imposition and so we feel that the economic disparity between the Cultists and non-Cultists would just be further exaggerated."

When asked whether there was chance of the Celts leaving following the report the General stated, "Hurdles remain for the Seleucid government to overcome. They need to ensure that there is no economic disadvanteges for the Cultists and we also need to see two things. The first is that we need to see efforts to restore the Cultists place of worship and we also need to ensure that a representative of the Cultists is happy with the situation. Until that happens we can't legally withdraw our troops." Without an agreement between both nations and a Cultist representative the Celts will remain their until 2026.

CENNEG AIR FORCE TO BACK UP SELEUCID

The King has today confirmed that the Cenneg Air Force assets in the Celtic Protectorate are standing by to support the Seleucid in securing their airspace. The Air Force have been used so far to ensure the territorial integrity of the Celtic Protectorate however following several nations claiming to support rebel forces in Clyserperis King Finley has issued orders for them to carry out joint air patrols with the home nation. A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence stated, "To reach the warzone nations such as New Derusima will have to either overfly Midaranye or go around the whole of Aranye. To do so despite regional nations not supporting the sending of troops to Clysperis would be in effect an invasion and so we can not permit them to go ahead."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2019, 09:04:30 PM »

"JAMES NOT CREDIBLE" SAYS PRINCE LENNOX

The brother of King Finley, Prince Lennox, has responded to the recent statement by James Ironside regarding his alleged visit to the Celtic Protectorate. The cousin of King David of East Moreland had stated that he visited the Protectorate and that he believed that the region was safe for Cultists. Prince Lennox has been a regular visitor to the Protectorate in his role as an envoy of his brother. The Prince has been vocal in explaining why the statement from James does not fulfil the criteria of a Cultist representative claiming the area was safe for Cultists.The Prince explained, "James is not credible to comment as a Cultist. The faith have rejected him and among the Cultist community he is known as Lackblade, a term I believe that is akin to being booted out of the faith. We can not trust a word a man like him ever says. I am not that convinced he has even been in the Protectorate recently. We place no restrictions on a member of the Cult of Helus visiting in an official capacity and will naturally listen to what they have to say but to my knowledge the Cult focuses a lot on respect for ancestors and family ties. Trying to kill your own cousin and leaving the mother of your child to be supported by the man you tried to murder goes against everything the Cult stands for."

The Prince is currently based predominantly in Lodja and is expected to return for a three month tour of duty with his Commando unit in the near future.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2020, 10:00:15 PM »

CELTS WELCOME IN NEW YEAR

Towns and villages across the nation saw in the New Year with the traditional "Fire-walks". Tradition dictates that communities clense their streets of evil spirits by inviting members of the community to walk a set route around the area swinging chains attached to a wire netting filled with flamable materials. Each route is roughly two miles long and the participants attempt to complete six laps however many of the "swingers" fail to complete the total number of laps as it is not uncommon for chains to break or the flames to go out. The Royal family took part in the small village of Keirdale where the King has a hunting lodge. The mayor of Keirdale stated, "The King is a frequent visitor to the area and we're delighted to welcome them back at the beginning of a new year. The King has in the past swung a ball however this year he was just a spectator. I hope that he enjoyed the evening." The King was later spotted joining in some traditional dancing around one of the many bonfires with locals. It was also reported that the King didn't leave the local pub until 5am.

Despite the King's alleged late end to the festivities he was seen on the villages first fishing expedition of the day. Groups of men from the village gathered on the banks of the river at around 10am and spent much of the day fishing. Meanwhile the Queen joined the women of the village to prepare a traditional feast which utilised some of the fish caught along the riverside. Queen Riona stated, "It was lovely to sit and enjoy the day with the people of Keirdale. They always make us feel so welcome. The community spirit of preparing food together is something that I love being a part of. Sadly the men didn't quiet catch as much fish as we would have liked but with plenty of lamb it wasn't a disaster."

The King has spoken about the importance of keeping the small communities alive."Keirdale is what the Cenneg nation is all about. Everyone coming together, enjoying nature and working to make sure everyone is taken care of. I love the time at the estate there and sometimes think I'd have been better off being a farmer." The King has also spoken of 2020 being a year that he intends for greater projects with the CNN community. "We made a good start to 2019 with lots of co-operation on a variety of things. Since the last few months things have been more fragmented and we need to keep momentum going. I have heard talk of the Morelanders looking at changing the nature of their navy, the Maori talking of something similar and the Lodjain's are renowned for struggling with their navy. I don't see a joint CNN project being out of the realm of possibilities but we'll need to see what happens."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 09:35:19 PM »

NATIONS CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY PREPARE FOR "PADDIES" DAY

As the 17th of March draws closer the Christian community of Ui Cenneslaig is preparing for its annual saints day. St.Patrick was selected several hundred years ago as the patron Saint of the nation and every year of the day dedicated to him the 25% or so of the population who perscribe to the Celtic Christain traditions take to the streets. This year a major parade is scheduled to take place in Claith with an expected 200,000 people taking to the streets. It is a day which will see street parties in some parts of the capital and in some predominantly Christian towns and villages across the nation. The Bishop of Claith will lead people in a mass at midnight on the 16th before attending the King's Palace at midday on the 17th to offer the King a copy of the bible, a tradition started in 1803. The Bishop stated, "Every year the Christians of Ui Cenneslaig pray that the King will accept the truth of our Lord Jesus Christ into his heart and just like every other year I shall invite King Finley and his family to join our celebration and also join our Church. I suspect I will get the same answer as I do every year but I am confident His Majesty will be as gracious as ever." The Bishop described how usually the King accepts the bible and invites the Bishop for a whiskey during which the King signs the bible before returning it to the Bishop for a charity auction. "We usually raise around $1,000 for some charity and that is a great thing."

While the day of celebration may be for the Christians it is not uncommon for the numbers to be swelled by others enjoying the revellrey as one bar owner explains, "The Cenneg love a celebration and so if one of us parties its an excuse for everyone to. After  Eyvind Kinnrif Day and Beltane its Saint Patricks day that is among one of the best days of business for us. We've ordered extra Guinness and Whiskey and we're praying the rain keeps away."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »

KINGS POOR DISPLAY AT HIGHLAND GAMES DELIGHTS MONARCH

King Finley travelled to Seaforth to watch the Highland Games in their first international version. Previously the games have always taken place in Ui Cenneslaig and have been fiercly controlled by the various clans. Following last years meetings between King Finley, Queen Cait of Cantabria and King Andrew of Seaforth it was determined that the games would take on an approach more a kin to the Mundus Games with participation being expanded to all members of officially recognised clans regardless of nationality. The King travelled initially to spectate and present some medals however yesterday morning the weight throw competitor for the Ó Séaghdha injured themselves in the weight for height competition. 22 year old Jack Ó Séaghdha finished third in the weight for height competition but injured his back in the process. The rules of the games hark back to the days of the medeival period and state that a competitor must have qualified as being recognised as a champion of their clan or be a noble from the clan. At short notice therefore King Finley stepped in and promptly finished last. The King however did seem to enjoy the occasion. Speaking after the event with his arm strapped with an ice pack the 46 year old stated, "I'm impressed I was even able to pick the damn thing up three times yet alone get it as far as I did. History will always show that I'm awful at this event, rightly so, but it will say that I stepped up and did my bit for the clan when I had to and that is all we can ask any Celt. At the end of the day the big money will be earned in the Mundus Games, but the spirit of competition is the Highland Games." The King was asked if he intended to compete next year when the games go to Cantabria. "I think unless an emergency breaks out it best I stay off the field of competition, unless whiskey drinking gets made a sport. I hope to perhaps see my son Keane compete in the Hurling one day, he's pretty good and I'd love to be able to present him with a gold one day."

The Games are half way through and have seen competitors of Celtic heritage come and take part. One of the medal winners from the first week of the games was Rollo MacAllister, East Moreland rugby player, who was part of the MacAllister Heavyweight Fours Tug of War team that took gold. Born in Seaforth he was one of many who moved to East Moreland during what was called the Eugenics War. King Finley spoke of the diaspora of Celts, "It's a shame any Celt has to live outside a nation that is truely Celtic. I believe we have a spiritual connection to our lands that just can't translate elsewhere. I also know that we have work to do to ensure all Celts feel they can be Celts. The people of the East Moreland dispora like Rollo are what it should be, the boy is a proud soldier of his adoptive homeland, a national hero there yet he still wears his clan colours with pride. Meanwhile the Celts of Kaitaine, and I mean the fake Kaitaine, are forced to conform to the Soviet way of life. I'm delighted to see many Truthsayers here competing in the female events, their faith may have deviated from our own but they still retain a warrior spirit, a deep devotion to a clan, a love of music and dance and a deep deep desire to defend their land and freedom. It is my hope in the coming weeks and months to see them become freer."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 08:39:09 PM »

ARMY REINFORCE NORTHERN BORDER

Following reports that there is a break down in law and order in Soleimani's southern regions King Finley has ordered the Roebuck Regiment to the Northern border region. The Regiment are tasked with ensuring that nothing crosses into the nation illegally from Soleimani. The King explained the decision saying, "We have seen disruption on our borders several times in the past, first Scordisci, then the SCIR and now Soleimani. Each time this has happened there has been a threat of our people being caught up in someone else's conflicts. This will not be allowed to happen. I can reassure the government of Soleimani that our military will not cross the border. While at present the situation remains a protest we urge both sides to renounce the use of violence."

The Roebuck Regiment will maintain patrols throughout the region and are expected in the coming days to be reinforced by elements of the Air Force providing helicopter transportation.