Author Topic: Sovereign Union of Nations:- Order of Business 2 - Message from Parbhani  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
THE ASSEMBLY OF SOVEREIGN NATIONS (ASN) FLOOR

Paracambian Representative Stands

"As the assembly is probably aware we have today got word from Parbhani of a request for us to try and facilitate talks between their Empire and the nation of Topri who they are currently fighting in a war that started with a dispute over a river. I think we should discuss the request and determine whether this is a situation we should get involved in. That all being said I open the floor for discussion."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Re: Sovereign Union of Nations:- Order of Business 2 - Message from Parbhani
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 07:20:42 PM »
"War is something tragic but in this case I think it might be necessary. There is clearly a cause for Maharajadhiraja Krishnaraja to wage war, his nations supplies of water threatened, the constant back and forth over the border, suspected assassination attempts and attacks on their embassies. Now as the Maharajadhiraja seemingly has Topri on the back foot the best long term solution for peace may be to just allow him to complete his victory. Perhaps his request to us is nothing more than a PR stunt. I would say we should send a single letter to Topri offering to host talks between them and Parbhani but beyond that perhaps request to have an observation team to examine the situation for ourselves."

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 09:56:57 PM »
"We support trying to mediate if possible between the two nations. I would therefore like to propose we invite representatives from both nations to come to our HQ where a diplomat from each of us can discuss with them options. I'd also be willing to support some kind of observation team to go and check on the situation ourselves."

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 06:49:29 PM »
"We have a limited amount of information about the current situation. I would suggest that we send people to Topri and Parbhani in order to get for ourselves what is going on. If it is as we're told then I believe we should attempt to broker an end to the fighting. Should that happen we would be happy to provide peacekeeping forces to help facilitate an initial ceasefire."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 10:24:20 PM »
"It is clear that none of us want direct involvement in the conflict however we all seem willing to play a role in attempting to mediate. I therefore commend the following to the Assembly in the hopes of it providing a swift end to the war.

Quote from: Proposal

Having been approached by the Empire of Parbhani the Assembly of the S.U.N. recommends the following course of action.

1. Each nation to nominate two officers of the equivalent of Major or more senior to be part of a S.U.N Investiagtion team.

2. There shall be formed two investigation teams with one travelling to Topri and one to Parbhani.

3. Upon arrival in each nation the team shall investigate the state of the war and the opinions of the government of each in regards to potential resolutions to the conflict.

4. 7 days following their arrival the team shall make reports and recommendations to this Assembly.

5. Upon recieving these reports the Assembly shall 24 hours later invite representatives of both nations to the Assembly to hear the final recommendations from this Assembly which shall form the basis of being to negotiate a permanent end to the conflict.

6. It is requested that upon acceptance of the investigation teams being sent both sides begin a ceasefire lasting until the conclusion of talks as outlined in Article 5.

7. Nations who are capable and willing shall form a peacekeeping force to be deployed in line with any agreement reached.

"I believe we should act upon this rapidly as with any delay the conflict is likely to cost more lives."

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 10:46:27 PM »
"Chistopol has no issues with this proposal except for the fact it assumes that Topri will accept this approach to the situation. As of yet to my knowledge we have not contacted them at all and I am unsure that their King is even aware of this approach to ourselves. I would therefore suggest we only follow this approach once we get assurances from both monarchs that this outline is acceptable. I therefore suggest that we first send the following to the King of Topri.

Quote from: Proposed Letter

To: King ????

We have been asked by the monarch of Parbhani to seek a mediation between your two nations in an effort to bring the ongoing war to an end. At present the membership of the Sovereign Union of Nations have only seen one side of the conflict and therefore believe that if peace is to be given a chance we must seek to fully understand the conflict. We have therefore put together a proposal that both sides undertake a 7 day ceasefire while a small cohort of senior officers from our nations travel to each nation to investigate the situation and explore whether further talks are possible. We hope that this opportunity for peace is accepted and that we can bring an end to the conflict that is ongoing.

With Respect

S.U.N. Ambassadors

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 09:17:03 PM »
"We agree that there should be an approach to Topri before we proceed with issuing the Drenovian Proposal. We also need to think what we'll do if the proposal is knocked back and Topri ignore the request. As I understand it the Parbhanians have several times offered negotiations and they've been turned down, that may be because of ludicrous demands but could be because of Topri pride. We'll need to be prepared to cut through that."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 07:45:53 PM »
"While I think we certainly need the government of Topri to agree to come to the table we also need to try and put in place a ceasefire while that happens. This potentially will require assets in the region. I therefore propose that we begin mobilising a small force, nothing to heavy to undertake the mission. Mobilising forces takes time and we need to be ready. I think therefore we begin this process, send the letter and then undertake the talks if successful. If we each assign assets accordingly we could potentially use them for humanitarian operations if need be."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 08:27:01 PM »
"Very well we will send the letter suggested by our representative from Chistopol, we will then gather our assets and await further communication from the two nations involved. Perhaps we could agree to gather our assets in Chistopol as then should they be required the journey is shorter and everyone can arrive together."