Author Topic: Rugby World Cup 2022 - OOC Sign Ups  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Rugby World Cup 2022 - OOC Sign Ups
« on: April 09, 2022, 05:43:37 PM »
Rugby World Cup 2022

Back for the seventh time is the Mundus Rugby World Cup (which is most likely the most hotly contested trophy on Mundus). Last tournament saw Lodja win their first World Cup defeating Vaguzia in the final, will the plucky underdogs triumph again? And who will triumph in the inaugural Women's World Cup?

Ok serious stuff, as per the usual sports sign ups state in this thread if you want to enter your nation into this - all hosting bids to be posted by the 19th of April please, following which there'll be a vote for hosting which I'll explain if one is needed. The full explanation of the bidding process is below. If no one bids we're going to an NPC nation. Remember the host is hosting both the mens and womens tournaments.

Bidding Process

The bidding process requires nations wishing to host to submit requested information, what information is dependent on the event in question. There will be a deadline set for bid submissions. any bids entered after that date will not be considered unless the vote has not opened. As you can probably guess from that sentence once bidding closes there will be a vote conducted by vote this will not be in the form of a poll but in the form of a post in this topic (this is to ensure fairness of the vote). Importantly I want to make clear that as I for the purposes of sport effectively play the governing bodies (in this instance Mundus International Rugby Confederation or MIRC) and I generally assume everyone to be a member, nations can protest bids, but please if doing so make it about something not just 'my nation does not like the bidding nation'. Also I reserve the right to invalidate a hosting bid if it would place competitors at risk  which I generally take to mean nowhere where there is a civil war or large scale civil unrest.

So with that in mind the following is the criteria for the Rugby World Cup bids
  • A minimum list of eight stadia- you are expected to include the capacity of these venues at least one stadium must have a minimum capacity of 80,000 (for the final) and at least two must have capacity's of 70,000
  • Name of the Main TV Rights Holder (For example Tytorian News Service or EMTV)
  • Information relating to accommodation for teams and supporters.
  • Importantly a written letter signed by a ranking member of your government stating that they will provide safe venues and protective services for all athletes and staff no matter which nation they hail from. (No refusing entry to a nation or holding people prisoner because you don't get along in RP with their nation).

Also a word of advice to those wishing to host. It has been brought to my attention that we've had an awful lot of "Image Parade Bids" of late i.e. bids which amount to venue pictures and a fairly generic letter. Therefore I strongly encourage all those who wish to host this competition to "Sell" their nations in terms of why they are the best host for it and to think about the legacy factor i.e. what will the lasting impact of your nation hosting the tournament be?

Final note I am limiting the number of tournaments to 32 nations if we get more than 32 nations then a qualification round will need to be held which I will explain if we get far. The participants shall be listed here.

Mens Participants

1) Achkaerin
2) Vaguzia
3) Samantra
4) East Moreland
5) Ruasliabh
6) Fed Dal Riata & K Eigg
7) Nis
8) Jugland
9) Djabidjan
10) Mktvartvelo
11) Ui Cenneslaig
12) Iwi
13) Daito
14) Halych
15) Tytor
16) Floodwater

Womens Participants

1) Achkaerin
2) Vaguzia
3) East Moreland
4) Ruasliabh
5) Fed Dal Riata & K Eigg
6) Jugland
7) Mktvartvelo
8) Ui Cenneslaig
9) Cantabria
10) Daito
11) Halych
12) Tytor
13) Floodwater
14) Iwi
15) Nis
16) Seaforth
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 11:54:39 AM by Achkaerin »

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
Re: Rugby World Cup 2022 - OOC Sign Ups
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 06:51:32 PM »
I sign up the mighty Hawks of Vaguzia, my bid to host the world cup will follow later

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 07:06:58 PM »
The Holy Kingdom of Samantra will send a team for men. The Grand Duchy of Belgravia will do the same if there are open spots left and it's not against the rules.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 07:39:25 PM »
East Moreland will send the winners of the mens and womens tournament ;)

Royal Seleucid will send a men's team if you don't hit the required number otherwise they'll have failed to qualify.

Offline FFion

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tongxiao
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 09:09:03 PM »
Ruasliabh for mens and womens please

Offline Dal

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Dál Riata
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 04:00:36 PM »
Please include a team from the Federation for men and women's teams. If there is a need for more teams then please can we have a seperate Dál Riata team and an Eigg team. 

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 07:40:40 PM »

You can include teams for Jugland (men's and women's) as well as Djabidjan (men's).

If it is not out of order, Mktvartvelo will apply for first time (men's and women's). Note that Mktvartvelo's population would be around 113 million and did not have a professional league until earlier this year.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Ĺland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 08:51:35 PM »
Add Ui Cenneslaig to both please.

If your short of teams then go for Cantabria. If you're massively short of teams include NA.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 07:01:50 AM »
Daitō will participate, as will Halych. If short on teams, Volhynia will also compete.

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 04:01:44 AM »
Tytor and Floodwater will both participate.  If having both is a problem, include Floodwater and drop Tytor.
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 01:31:33 PM »
bidding deadline extended to Wednesday

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 02:16:30 PM »
Stade de Vaguziase, Capacity 90,000, Saburi
Stade de Royalis, Capacity, 70,000, Domanti
Stade Gladiola, Capacity 70,000,
Stade de Moreland, Capacity 40,000,
Doqadis
Stade de Timotia, Capacity 35,000, Saburi
Stade de Bolzana, Capacity 35,000, Bolzana
Stade de Sangres, Capacity 20,000, Malagona
Stade de Izra, Capacity 12,000, Alaqute

Main TV rights holder: TVR Aire (Commercial)
 Accomodations, in every city where a game will be played, the government will offer stays at the best hotels in the city, all paid for by the government, as we don't want Rugby associations that have less money than others to be too much effected from this
As for the fans, we shall use everything in our power to create a safe environment for the fans, more police than normally will be available to battle the sell of fake tickets on the streets, and during the world cup, we will allow people to rent out rooms so that fans who can't afford fancy hotels also can have an affordable place to stay, rugby is a game for everyone and we really want to handle it as such.

Letter from the government:

We would be very proud to bring the Rugby World Cup to our nation, it is after all the most popular sport in our nation, because of the love of the game we hold in this nation, we also want to make sure that the image of our beautiful sport won't be damaged so we promise to do everything in our power to battle corruption, and be objective towards all teams, regardless of our relation with it's nation.

Signed,
Minister of Sport, Leonardo Aloe

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 07:57:47 PM »
I understand it may be too late as Achkaerin has been busy with adding nations by the look of it but if possible please enter the Iwi for both tournaments

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 08:06:07 PM »
Vaguzia are the hosts

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile