####
« on: April 26, 2022, 09:17:53 AM »
—NOTHING—
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:18:47 PM by Nova »

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Re: Extending a hand (Djabidjan & Heyra)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 03:27:05 PM »

Message to Chairwoman Francine M. A. Therz, Heyra

We express our gratitude for your congratulations and kind words. I can confirm you His Excellency President Min Tae-joon also hopes that a constructive and sincere dialogue can be built and maintained between our nations. For that reason, we accept your proposal and we hope that a meeting can be agreed and organized as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,
Kontan Mesajč, Minister of the Presidency
Republic of Djabidjan

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 12:07:24 AM »

"Nice to meet you", President Min replied, after a pause, as he struggled to understand Therz's words. "I hope you enjoyed your travel", he added, although without changing the tone of his voice.

"We hope our nations are able to build a productive communication", Min added once at the main room. There Therz was invited to sit down in one of the main sofas of the room, while Min was sit down on the opposite one, in front of her. Also in the room where Deputy Premier Tieu Quang Vinh and Political Secretary Lahn Thi Huynh, who were introduced to her and sat on the sides of a third sofa. An assistant and two translators, in case they were necessary, were also present in the meeting.

"Let's change the order of the meeting, if you don't mind", President Min suggested. "Let's start with the important issues first, so we can deal with the smaller details at the end. So which brings you to our nation, Mrs. Therz? Which important affairs or proposals have motivated your visit?".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 01:03:16 PM »

"Those are important topics, but I can't see a reason why understanding and agreement between us is not possible", President Min replied. "Regarding piracy, that's not exactly a priority for us on national security right now. However, we'd be as happy as anyone if this activity would disappear, at least in our region. We offer our cooperation as long as it is possible, and we hope that military agreements between our government can be achieved not merely regarding this issue. Let's return later to this issue".

"We welcome Heyran investment in our country, as well as an improvement and increase in trade between both countries, of course", Min continued. "Which instruments or means do you propose to achieve these goals?".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 04:15:51 PM »

"I'm sure that we can work the details out, as far as this is possible", President Min replied. "We hope that our understanding will increase Heyran investment in our nation as well as increasing trade between Heyra and Djabidjan".

"Regarding your previous suggestion", he continued, "we do not oppose an agreement on cultural exchange and cooperation. I have to say that we do not receive many foreign students or academics in our education centers, isn't it?".

Political Secretary Lahn Thi Huynh nodded. "Not exactly", she replied. "only a limited number from several nearby countries...I haven't an exact number that's a fair stimation, Mr. President".

"In any case", Min continued, "we would be open for such cultural cooperation, of course. Our country is not always understood correctly abroad, we are well aware of that fact, or simply just unknown. These cultural activities and projects may be a well start for that. And our people may be curious enough about Heyra, so it may be interesting".

"Our nations", he continued, "have a very obvious affinity, even they have very obvious differences. Since our indepence, and maybe even before, cultural ties between Djabidjan's Seojoson communities and Heyra have only increased, despite some important social, religious, and political differentes, very often without government sanction. That's rightly understandable, of course. I have never visited your nation and I hope I'll be able to do so, sooner than later, hopefully in official capacity. However, it must not be forgotten that our nation is a diverse one, after all, and in this modern world the same ways and road and communication may be used for the wrong people, for their own immoral and illegal means".

President Min stood silent for a few seconds, before he continued. "As you are well aware, we have increasing our concerns for security in the last times, sadly for tragic and concerning reasons, as you well known. We only hope to bring back stability to our country, and we hope that we will find in your government someone trustworthy, if not a friend, to achieve such end. I'm sure Heyran interests align with that goal, after all. For that reason, I propose to increase our cooperation in intelligence and information to fight illegal activities, such as piracy as you mentioned, but not exclusively limited as well as organized crime and terrorism. I understand that it may require some work and discussions so such networks and cooperation will build their required trust and effort to bring results, of course. But we feel that the agreement and implementation of a extradiction treaty between our nations would be a good first step in that direction".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 09:53:17 PM »

Min was not pleased as the Heyran leader's words seemed a subtle attempt to lecture them. However, his mood turned more positive as at least she recognized his leadership. "Such philosophy is not foreign to our movement", the president argued, "which has given our nation a never known stability, but when you face certain enemies and challenges, it's not enough. In any case, we hope to build such cooperation step by step. We are not looking to force anything, but rather build that trust that is likely to satisfy both our nations. As one of those first steps, I hope that an extradition treaty between our governments would be a firm first step to build that trust and security".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 02:37:23 AM »

They were not surprised, although they had not expected to face so much resistance from the Heyran delegation.

"I don't know why it wouldn't be possible to find common ground in both economic and security fields", Deputy Premier Tieu intervened. "Negotiations in both front can keep advancing in parallel, at their own pace if needed, although it would be naturally to find an agreement as soon as possible. But at the end, in both cases it's a matter of trust to keep advancing for greater cooperation between our nations".

"That's right", President Min said, this time with a slightly disinterested tone.

"However", Tieu continued, "I can't see why such agreement would sink the Heyran economy, as you describe it. Rather the contrary, such agreements are a vital aspect of building cooperation in my own view. Obviously, the terms of such treaty can be easily negotiated, from our point of view, to satisfy and accomodate any concern you may have. As Mr. President said before, we have an important focus on security, giving the current circumstances, and to combat diverse forms of criminality and dangerous crimes which are affecting our nation".

"At the end, anyone who violates the law should be face justice and punishment", President Min added.

"Indeed, that's right", Deputy Premier Tieu said. "But to put it in the simplest terms, in our view, those particular criminals that should be subjected to such agreement are those who are Djabidjani nationals, of course, for crimes either commited in Djabidjan's soil or against Djabidjani institutions or other citizens. I understand that many countries have legislation against extradicting their own citizens to a third country, and we have not certainly any interest to persecute any Heyran citizen, or any third country subjects who have not posed a serious threat against our institutions or fellow citizens. Wouldn't that agreeable, Mrs. Chairwoman?".

"I hope that replies your question", Tieu added. "I'm afraid we can not answer your question directly, as it is not we have a concrete list of criminals established in Heyra, of course...In any case, it is not that our government would have a direct role in this, as at least in our nation the competence for demanding an extradiction lies on the judiciary, not the executive. Our role is simply to facilitate such demands and needs. We hope that we can find a negotiated formula that satisfies both nations regarding such extradition treaty. We're not looking to disturb Heyran national interests, and such agreement would certainly help to build trust and contribute to the stability and understanding of both our nations, we are certain".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 08:13:45 PM »

"I understand which kind of Heyran interests are at play, of course", Min replied. "While we would not be opposed that Heyran citizens who were arrested and sentenced as criminals for acts committed in Djabidjani soil are sent to Heyra in order to serve their sentence in their own country, and vice versa, it does not make much sense, in my opinion, for Heyran courts to judge Djabidjani or foreign citizens, according to Djabidjani legislation for acts committed either in Djabidjani soil or against Djabidjani citizens or state institutions. We favour more simple and clear mechanisms in which both ours or Heyran judges are simply tasked to consider if the conditions for extradition are met or not, without being forced to ponder a legal reality which is not theirs, as you can understand".

"I hope we are able to find an agreement on this field", he added after a pause. "Any violation of the law is serious enough, of course. However, it is not financial and similar crimes which are our main concern and motivation to propose such extradition treaty, for those against the constitutional order and against the well-being of our citizens. As long as we are certain that Heyran authorities does not wish to extend its protection toward those involved in terrorist, or those either involved or inciting violence and social hatred, we consider our proposal reasonable and there should not be serious obstacles for such agreement, in our view".

"To be honest, I rarely read foreign media as I did in the past", Min answered, slightly surprised by the question, "when I did it much more comprehensively given the nature of my tasks and political role during those times, before I joined the national government. Obviously, every day some of the most read newspapers in Djabidjan are sent to my office. I ignore if one can find them in your country as well. However, it is my view that we should to be too focused in what it is written in the media, particularly about ourselves. It is better to keep some distance. Obviously, I understand things may be different in your nation".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2022, 07:55:47 PM »

"I'm glad that we may have found an understanding on this issue", President Min replied.

"Mrs. Lahn", he added, this time in Kozmane language, "call the Directorate and inform the Chairman to call me once the meeting is over".

"Of course, Mr. President", she replied. She bowed to Therz as she left the room. "A pleasure to meet you, Your Excellency", she finally added before opening and closing the door behind her.

"That's right", Min told Therz, "that may be a proper way to open your mind toward other cultures, indeed".

"In either way", Min added, "I feel we can finally move to the next issue of the day, am I right?".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 12:47:28 PM »

"We would be favourable to reduce tariffs and administrative barriers for trade between our two nations", President Min said after a long pause. "I am aware that Heyran companies have shown recently interests in investing in our nation, as well as trade has increased in the last years", he continued. "I hope that trend can continue smoothly in the future, so we'd be happy to reach an agreement today that moves in that direction".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 10:16:26 AM »
"It has been a custom by our previous administrations to offer a half or 1/3 reduction in tariffs, with some exception for key industries or goods", President Min explained. "At the end, however, the exact amount is open to negotiation, of course. The important fact at the end is a bilateral equal reduction, obviously".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 03:58:48 PM »

"Excellent", President Min replied. "Indeed, we can discuss this issue in more detail now. We're hopeful of cooperation between our nations in this field as well". Min was aware that this could be a delicate topic, which risked to bring both tensions and opportunities to the table.

"Security is which allows nations to prosper and strengthen them in first place", he argued. "We have seen a rise of criminality and terrorism not only in this region, but worldwide. In smaller nations and larger and prosperous states alike. I could mention such cases in the recent years such as those in the Empire of Daito, conflicts in Coft Aranye, and other places. My administration is willing to find and offer cooperation on this issue, as we talked before".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 03:24:22 PM »
"Indeed", President Min replied, "we certainly rely on foreign technology to such threats as the cyber attacks you mention. We are always looking for new and better providers of technology that helps to strengthen and improve our security, not only in that field, but in defense and law enforcement, in both technological and defense materials".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2023, 06:40:39 PM »

"We're glad to hear that and we'd appreciate such contacts", President Min replied. The president was, however, both surprised and skeptical of the second proposal.

"It is an interesting proposal", he finally replied, "even if we're more interested in internet and social media as a tool for surveillance of illegal activities and those against social peace, rather a political tool. Unlike your nation, even if their use is growing, only a third of our population uses internet, which may limit their worth considerably compared to nations such as Heyra, and I'd be surprised if more than 15% of the population uses social media. In that case, I am not certain we'd be the right place for such project".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2023, 09:07:18 PM »

"We'll be pleased to work with Mr. Fergeton and his company", President Min added. "I hope this potential future partnership may give fruits soon".

"You may be right in your reasoning", Min replied in a more dreary tone. "I do not feel it is certainly a demanding or urgent issue, of course, but it is worthy of consideration nevertheless. We'll organize a commission to discuss this proposal once we have received more information".

"Minister Yang, no, rather the Ministry of State Security", Min corrected himself, "will be able to consider and prepare this issue with the due care and competency".

"Indeed, Mr. President", Tieu added.