Author Topic: CSMC Special Programming - Summer Games 2022  (Read 1023 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
CSMC Special Programming - Summer Games 2022
« on: April 14, 2022, 07:18:14 PM »

Hello, Mundus! I am pleased to be speaking to you today from the City of Setri as the Winter Games unfold before us. Undoubtedly, as we near the accompanying Summer Games you'll receive letters and other gestures to secure your support in hosting the Summer Games, and while I'm certain they shall make a compelling case as to why they would be the perfect hosts I thought I would do something different. That's why I've taken some time to speak with you, to show you why Khemnen-Setri is the best site for the upcoming games, and also what we're doing to give back to the People throughout this entire process.

Two years ago, the world came to Midaranye for the Mundus Games, yet unlike most years we did not see the usual unifying spirit accompany them. Nations protested the games, athletes from some lost the opportunity of a lifetime and many would agree that clouds did indeed loom over those Games. I believe that, once again, the world should look to Midaranye to host the Summer Games, to showcase not only the rich and vibrant history of Midaranye but also its bright and promising future. The Kingdom thus wishes to welcome Mundus to the cities of Setri and Khemnen where, against the backdrop of the Pyramids of Nafu and the Great Sphinx, monuments of a proud past, and the City of Setri, this generation's great monument, the finest athletes from all nations may compete.

Clysperis is a nation with a deep passion for sports and competition. Should the Summer Games come to the Kingdom a new generation of Clysperi athletes will be inspired that, even in Clysperis, Mundus can come together to tear down all which may have divided us to gather as #OneMundus. For years Clysperis has been an outsider, it has been seen as a nation on the wrong side of history, neither of which are true any longer. I hope that Mundus will allow Clysperis an opportunity to re-introduce ourselves, to eliminate the barriers which have existed between the Kingdom and the world, to realize together this new era.

In between the cities of Setri and Khemnen I have directed the Royal Clysperi Armed Corps of Engineers to overhaul and revitalize what was once a Soviet sports park. Designed with eyes to the future the Park mirrors the development of Setri as a miniature “smart city” which sips energy and adjusts based on the present energy consumption needs. Recycled and reclaimed resources have been utilized in its reconstruction, realizing savings in waste as well. Athletes, trainers and officials will enjoy a truly remarkable experience in the Park’s Athletic Village which, following the conclusion of the games, will be utilized as affordable housing for the descendants and victims of the institutions of servitude.

This effort has transformed the remnants of our occupation into a testament of the Clysperi will to evolve and renew herself, and I am thus pleased to present to the international community the Khemnen-Setri Games Park.  Should the Clysperi bid be accepted CSMC, alongside an international partner station, are set to be the Main TV Rights Holders.

Khemnen-Setri Games Park

Accommodations for athletes, trainers and other Games officials.

The New Century Stadium, with a capacity of 90,000, has received a grand overhaul from its former architecture typical of Soviet planning. LED lights sip power provided by the forward-looking Setri power grid, a city which has been designed to be smart and harmonious with the environment around it. If selected as the hosts for the Summer Games the New Century Stadium will be utilized for the opening and closing ceremonies, football and rugby events finals events.

In addition to New Century Stadium the Kingdom is utilizing the facilities of Nafu Stadium, Valley Ridge Stadium, the Tri City Stadium and the Ramses V Stadium (below) to host football matches. Not pictured are two facilities within the Khemnen Metropolitan Region, keeping the Games within reach of the cultural heart of the Kingdom of Clysperis with access for guests to a variety of shops, accommodations and lodging options. As I suggest to anyone who has yet to visit Clysperis taking some time out of your day to visit the Pyramids of Nafu has always proven to be an experience with few parallels. The newly restored Great Sphinx will also be revealed during the Games, a moment the Kingdom has been working toward thanks to a collective effort of local and foreign donors to see it returned to its former glory following a disfigurement during the Soviet occupation.

With a capacity of 82,000 athletics and field events will take place in Khemnen International Stadium. While outside of the Games Park Clysperis will be utilizing a fleet of electric and renewable vehicles to transport athletes to and from events at the Khemnen International Stadium, furthering our commitment to an environmentally harmonious Mundus Games.

Khemnen-Setri Aquatics Centre

Featuring a Games Standards swimming pool, a diving pool featuring 1, 3, 5, and 10 meter high jumping tower, training pool, a social building and open and covered amphitheaters the Khemnen-Setri Aquatics Centre will be utilized for swimming and diving. The Centre also features youth pools and will be used to inspire our next generation of athletes as they begin their own careers once the Summer Games have concluded. [Capacity: 16,000.]

The river Ḥ'pī will host rowing events. The Ḥ'pī represents in many ways the vital artery of Clysperi civilization, providing for our needs in what would otherwise be a desert lacking the variety of vegetation we see in the Ḥ'pī valley. The banks of the Ḥ'pī provide ample opportunities for spectators to view the Games, which will be utilized for sailing and rowing.

Turning our eyes back to Khemnen we've chosen the Khemnen Sports Complex for gymnastics and boxing events. This modern Complex provides ample data connections to ensure those sharing their experiences at the Games can keep in touch with their loved ones, and favourite social media platforms. [Capacity: 30,000]

Likewise the Khemnen Exhibition Centre will be used for fencing, which many in the city are especially looking forward to. [Capacity: 10,000]

Spoiler: show

Khemnen-Setri Park Cycling Track - Cycling [Capacity: 7,000]

Khemnen-Setri Park Archery Field - Archery[Capacity: 6,500]

Khemnen-Setri Park Tennis Court - Racket Sports[Capacity: 31,000]

Setri Comprehensive Gymnasium - Weight Lifting[Capacity: 5,500]

Khemnen Exhibition Center - Judo, Taekwondo, Karate, Mixed Martial Arts[Capacity: 8,200]

Ramses V Stadium - Football[Capacity: 81,000]

Khemnen-Setri Park Indoor Complex - Basketball, Netball, Baseball, and Volleyball (Finals)[Capacity: 43,000]

Setri Volleyball Facility - Volleyball[Capacity: 5,500]

Khemnen-Setri Park Cricket Field - Cricket[Capacity: 27,000]]

Nafu Field Hockey Centre - Field Hockey and Lacrosse[Capacity: 17,000]

Nafu Beach - Beach Volleyball
Setri Equestrian Centre - 20,000 - Equestrian events [Capacity: 20,000]
Inner Setri Marathon route - Setri - Marathon events
Outer Setri Cycling route - Road Cycling

Intef, General of Armies Shooting Grounds - Shooting Events[Capacity: 17,000]

Khemnen-Setri Park Skatepark - Skateboarding
Khemnen Exhibition Centre - Cue Sports

Nafu Cycling Centre - Mountain Biking and BMX

Within and around the Games Park I have worked with a dedicated team to select the best venues for this years Summer Games. Looking to the games of past years I am inspired by the power of sport to bring the nations of Mundus together, to set aside differences and leave politics at the border. Whether it be in the stadium or the arena what matters is the spirit of sportsmanship. From the athletes competing to their fans across the world it seems, if for a brief moment, Mundus is truly one. We do not focus so much on what makes us different but that which unifies us and, perhaps, if we can bottle some of that spirit upon the conclusion of the Games and reflect upon their principles beyond the closing ceremonies, all of us can do our part in being good neighbours in the Mundus-wide community.

Thank you for your time, attention and your consideration. May the best teams win, and may all realize their dreams upon taking to the field. I look forward to welcoming the world to Clysperis and over the following months I will be embarking on a tour to build support for the Clysperi bid. I shall be happy to answer any questions which may be had regarding our bid, Clysperis, and what we're doing to address the unfortunate legacy of slavery and servitude in our region. Pharaoh Seti has a few words he would wish to add.

Thank you. When the Mundus Games last came to Midaranye the world looked much different. The Clysperi Conflict had not yet happened, the standard of living and quality of life was hard we saw indentured servitude right here in our own borders, and it seemed that the status quo would remain unchecked. I am proud today to stand here in the City of Setri, the City of Dreams, in that different world. While Clysperi society has always been welcoming of peoples of all backgrounds we had great work to do in welcoming the poorest, and most vulnerable, in our society: those impacted by the institutions of slavery and servitude. This is why I am proud that the work put into the Khemnen-Setri Games Park has been undertaken in a way which, following the games, we can give back yet more to those impacted.

The games themselves represent dreams from different perspectives: the dreams of the nations vying to host them, athletes aiming to reach the highest echelons of their respective sports, fans in the stands and at home dreaming of bringing home those medals, and the brotherhood which is shared by Mundus during them. We could not imagine any other time than now to bring the games to the City of Dreams itself, and witness together as each of the teams put forth their best. Win or lose, I know that we will see many dreams realized out there.

The Kingdom of Clysperis can, once again, call itself a vibrant society, one which holds true to the ideals of the Mundus Games. A land of competition, where all Clysperi have as the limit to their potential only the height of their dreams. A land of brotherhood, which sees every Clysperi stand together even in the darkest of times, and where none of our brothers and sisters are held in chains. Finally we are a land of peace, dedicating ourselves to leaving a positive impact upon each life we touch. It has been a long and crazy road to this day, with some of us doubting whether or not to place a bid before the international community for consideration, but I'm glad the voices of doubt did not win.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome Mundus to Clysperis alongside my wife, Pharaoh Akasha, to witness the spectacles and talent which are certain to be held at the Games, and to honour the spirit of the Games as #OneMundus. Thank you all.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis