« on: June 19, 2022, 01:46:35 AM »
—NOTHING—
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:14:25 PM by Nova »

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
  • this man GUCCI'D down to the SOCKS but need $4 🤨
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Federation of Kaimaya
Re: Saluting SANE’s commitment to diplomacy (SANE & Heyra)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 10:11:02 AM »
6:30PM, Palast Der Republik, Metria

After an eventful day of giving press statements, replying to official letters, and attending a session of the Domestic Assembly, Ebston Feish was finally making his way to his personal office in the Palast der Republik. He walked the hallway leading up to the Presidential Office at a relaxed pace, as all the work for today had been completed. Through the office’s windows shone the warm glow of the setting sun, a further reminder that yet another busy day in Metria was coming to a close.

Ebston had been in the midst of packing up to go home when an assistant had briskly rapped on the massive wood double doors leading into the office.

“Mr. President,” They had stated through an intercom. “A package and letter addressed to your name has arrived from Madam Francine Therz, from Heyra.”

As the attendant lay the parcel on the desk, Ebston took note of its weight. He wondered what could be inside? As he thanked the leaving attendant he sat back down on his desk and began carefully unwrapping the paper the package came with to reveal a relatively large wooden box that bore the symbol of the Heyran Republic. He noticed its similarities with the box of whiskey that Governor Anginer had gifted him days ago and smiled. Not much to his surprise, Ebston had been gifted another bottle of high quality Heyran whiskey. Enclosed alongside it was a letter from Chairwoman Therz herself. He took time to read through the cordial letter, smiling. “Definitely could’ve handled it better…” he thought to himself as he remembered King Lapu’s remarks during the Operation Midori Ryū situation. As common courtesy, he decided to write a letter back. Grabbing a pen and a template for a diplomatic message he began writing a reply for Therz, sipping on the whiskey throughout.

Once he finished writing the reply he called up an assistant to send the message for him, thanking them for their services in bringing the parcel earlier. Ebston put aside the bottle of whiskey as he did so; he would save it for later. Ebston sat back for a while, bathing under the pleasant and gentle light of Metria’s evening sun. He elected to catch the 20:00 Neuhauptline back to Neu Kaunderstein instead.

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NEW DERUSMIA

To: Chairwoman Therz

I would like to thank you greatly for this bottle of whiskey. Governor Anginer had given me a bottle of a similar brand during our meeting in Metria earlier this month and I had been meaning to try it again since. Thanks once again, and I hope to return the favour soon enough. I am enjoying it thoroughly as I write this reply to you.

As for the recent situation with Rokkenjima, I am simply grateful that the situation did not escalate beyond the levels of two to three years ago, during a time of great tension between the newly founded SANE and First Empire. Fortunately, those days are long behind. I agree with your point on diplomacy, for it is moments like these that remind the world that civilised, honest diplomacy truly is the greatest countermeasure a nation could have in its arsenal, the greatest tool a government can access to defuse international tensions.

While I believe the situation earlier this week could certainly have been handled better initially, it seems as though all has ended well. Future brightful days to you too, esteemed Chairwoman, and I hope that the Olympus 2022 Naval Exercises between our united states will continue forward uninterrupted and will inspire much cooperation between our military forces in the future.

With many thanks,

President of the Federal Republic of New Derusmia
Ebston Feish