Author Topic: Phoenix & the Dragon  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
Phoenix & the Dragon
« on: June 20, 2022, 09:49:22 AM »

Addressed to: Suketoshi Heishi, Prime Minister of the Empire of Daitō

It is with great honour that I extend this hand of friendship. Jiāyuán has been looking for a partner in the region in which to trade with and exchange knowledge to ensure the betterment of both nations. The Federal Republic of Jiāyuán has held the Empire of Daitō in high regard for a long time and a voice of reason in turbulent times and would like to extend a possible partnership in matters of economics and diplomacy in order to make sure that both nations can rely on each other in times of turmoil as well as reap the benefits in calmer times. To that end I invite you, Honeralble Prime Minister to the Executive Blue Manor in Zhēnzhū to discuss further. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely

Guamin Cheng, Secretary General of the Federal Republic of Jiāyuán   

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: Phoenix & the Dragon
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 10:31:22 PM »

Addressed to: Guamin Cheng, Secretary General of the Federal Republic of Jiāyuán

On the behalf of the Empire of Daitō, I would like to extend our gratitude for such a generous invitation to Zhēnzhū. Naturally, although some back home may question such a meeting so soon into my tenure as Prime Minister, instead viewing it as more important to secure ties to those within our own backyard, as it were, I would be pleased to accept your invitation. If it is no trouble, I would wish that our State Minister of Foreign Affairs, Tadakatsu Haruno, also attend such a meeting, though I understand if that is not possible. Regardless, you may expect my arrival as soon as it is most convenient for yourself.
Sincerely,
Suketoshi Heishi, Prime Minister of the Empire of Daitō

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 02:25:48 AM »
10:00am, Zhēnzhū, Federal Republic of Jiāyuán

The Secretary General received word that Prime Minister Suketoshi Heishi and Foreign Affairs Minister where in the city. He made the preparations for the Executive Blue Manor which he's staff organised. He was waiting at the front ready to greet the Prime Minister. Secretary of State Wen Yi-Mai arrived soon after saying that both dignitaries were on their way. They had a quiet place in Chingtzou Garden at the back entrance of the manor. Both however were waiting at the front to greet their counterparts.

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 09:54:32 PM »
As the motorcade rolled up to the Blue Manor, Suketoshi watched the area around him, mentally preparing himself for what was to come. A simple meeting, no sweat. He was glad to have Haruno-san accompanying him, at least that way there was someone with experience to fall back on as he worked to familiarize himself with this sort of work. Soon, the vehicle would stop and the pair would step out, approaching their hosts.
   "Honourable Secretary General, I am Prime Minister Suketoshi Heishi, son of Daijō-Daijin Sachio Heishi. This is State Minister Tadakatsu Haruno." He said, motioning to his companion. "It is an honour to make your acquaintance, and we humbly request permission to approach." He said with a slight bow, not out of any reverence; it wasn't at that low of an angle, after all, but rather simply as a matter of respect, one leader to another.

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 06:08:58 AM »
Both Secretary General Cheng and Secretary of State Yi-Mai bowed reciprocally. Its not what they usually do but they are willing to pay respect in the same custom.b "Ah yes, Prime Minister Heishi, State Minister Haruno. Its good of you to come. Please this way."

They were both then guided through the building to the Secretary General's Office

"Please take a seat." The Secretary General politely asked. They then had some staffers provide a small cart of beverages of tea, coffee, water and various types of alcoholic beverages.

"Now Mr Heishi. the reason I have called you here is because. I feel like your nation and mine has similar outlooks on how we see the world, shared values to a degree and we wish to foster that relationship based on those values. At the moment Jiayuan, perhaps through some fault of our own is rather, well isolated in terms of how we see things, except for the Empire of Daito, with that I hope we can facilitate a relationship based on mutual understanding."

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 06:53:00 AM »
   "While I cannot truly say whether we share such outlooks, I will admit there is much in the way of goodwill towards your people on the part of the Empire." Suketoshi said with a nod, continuing with "Certainly, there are things we agree on, just as I am sure there are those which we do not. Nevertheless, much like the shores of the Setagawa are unto nature, this 'ground' we tread is indeed suited to a long, healthy relationship." as he glanced briefly to Tadakatsu Haruno, who, owing to his fascination with the country, found himself marveling the room they found themselves in. "Ahem, Haruno-san?" He said in an attempt to grab his attention; this was no time to be admiring artwork, as far as Suketoshi was concern.
   "My apologies, your excellencies. Truly some fascinating architecture here." Tadakatsu said, turning back to look at the two. "I am of a similar opinion to the Prime Minister, there is much that we can cooperate on, even in light of, as you put it, Jiāyuán's present isolation. At a bare minimum, it is my belief and the belief of the government of Daitō that we can come to an agreement on matters of trade, beyond what may already exist due to private actors, companies and the like." He stated. "But what I believe is, at this point, secondary to what you wish to achieve here. So please, if it is your wish, explain to us what you may wish to see done."