Author Topic: Northern Relations (Ach & Mkt)  (Read 3466 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Northern Relations (Ach & Mkt)
« on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:26 PM »

To: The Leadership of Mktvartvelo

Despite both our nations belonging to what I fondly call the 'Northern Ocean Neighbourhood' we appear to lack formal relations, this is something I'd like to rectify with a view to building a strong friendship between our peoples. As is my tradition at this time of year I'm attending several Mundus Games events, so if a meeting were to be of interest to you I would request it occur in Azavrelia if on your soil, though I am happy to host a delegation of your choosing in my homeland.

Yours

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Re: Northern Relations (Ach & Mkt)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 07:45:41 AM »

Message to Emperor Peter Azurewind, Achkaerin

Our government will be certainly greatly interested into amend and forge a stronger and positive communication and relationship between our nations. It will be a honour for us your visit during the Azavrelia Mundus Games, of course, and we will be gladly offer you our best accomodations for your stay. As first step toward the mentioned goal, we will be ready to organize a formal meeting during your stay.

Yours sincerely,
Lasha Katsarava, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Everything was ready to receive Emperor Peter Azurewind. The emperor was personally invited to the Azavrelia National Stadium on the morning on the day in which the first athletics events will start in the Mundus Games, which was scheduled to be attended by Brzdmtsveli Ketevan herself, between another honorary guests. Or, in case the emperor wished either rest or visit the Achkaerin delegation in Azavrelia, a more private meeting will be held late in the evening.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 05:59:49 PM »
For Peter this trip had been a long time coming, over the last couple of years Achkaerin had built up its relations with fellow northern ocean nations treaty's with Abydos, Vanora and Safraen had been signed, the much talked about agreement with Clysperis was bearing fruit, relations with those considered practically family - Revana and Seaforth had been made stronger, all in all it wasn't a bad round of diplomacy. This trip to Mktvartvelo was in the same vein, build a good relationship. In truth this couldn't have been more perfectly set up if it tried, the host city of the Mundus Games meant that Peter had been able to bring his sister Esme along, she'd be wearing two hats for the meeting Peter's sister and also the head of Achkaerin's Mundus Games team, she'd be keeping across the Achkaerinese performances. The other thing that made Peter smile was that the first morning of the athletics program was when the heptathlon started with the 100m hurdles, so there was a reasonable chance he'd get to see his daughter in action.

"I haven't done this in a while." Esme said

"I think we go this way." Peter said

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 09:35:06 AM »
An employee from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs indicated their way through the stadium. "We have arrived, Majesty", he said. He knocked the door, and hold the door as the Achkaerinese guests entered the room, as they were announced.

The room, which was at the highest floor of the stadium, was quite large. From the glass wall on one of the sides, one could have a clear view of the stadium.

"Welcome", Brzdmtsveli Ketevan said to the Achkaerinese guests. "Nice to meet you personally, emperor. I hope you'll find our nation and, of course, these Mundus Games welcoming and enjoyable, as well as productive".

Next to Ketevan was a younger woman, wearing grey clothing. "I introduce you High Priestess Eter", Ketevan said. "She was in a rare visit to this town, so she will join us this morning".

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 01:15:05 AM »
"A pleasure to meet you  Brzdmtsveli." Peter said hoping he'd managed to pronounce the title correctly, it had been something that had been rehearsed many many times and Peter wasn't the type to show any perceived disrespect by getting a title mispronounced, turning to Eter he nodded and smiled "High Priestess." her presence intrigued him, from just a basic reading up of the Simartlean religion there he could see that there were to his mind at least theological similarities between the Simartlean and the Ezotlithic faiths, though he would leave the actual point on that to the experts. "My sister Esme." he continued introducing

"A pleasure." Esme said "It's been a wonderful Games experience so far, certainly one to remember."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 03:02:36 PM »
Ketevan smiled at Peter's attempt. "I hope so as well, of course", she replied to Esme. "We could not be more satisfied about the course of the games, indeed. I wish you'll enjoy your stay in this city as well".

"It's still a bit early", Ketevan added. "Wouldn't you mind to accompany her to her seat?", she said to the woman on her right. "We will join you soon, Your Highness", she added looking back at Eter.

"Yes, Your Most High Majesty", Nano replied. "If you don't mind, Your Highness".

"Sure", the High Priestess replied. "It was a pleasure to meet you, she said at the Achkaerinese couple. See you later".

"We have still time, as you can say", Ketevan said as the two women left the room. "You can sit down, of course. Is there anything you need?", she asked, in case they went to order anything.

"Did you have the chance to visit the Golden Villa and their surroundings?", she asked.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 02:38:12 PM »
"A water for me and orange juice?" Peter said looking at Esme

"You know me." Esme said

"I have yet to have that pleasure. With my daughter competing the last thing I want to be doing is distracting her, I am looking forward to celebrating with her later and fingers crossed she gets a medal." Peter said

"By comparison." Esme said smiling "I'm Team Achkaerin's head coach so I'm living there for the duration. It's certainly a stunning place and a fitting monument, it was built for your nations tricentennial, I'd hazard a guess that those were some celebrations right?"

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 10:03:22 PM »

"I hope that's a good juice", Ketevan joked when the waiter came.

"Of course, Your Most High Majesty", the waiter replied. "Natural juice, from Ozurkha oranges...".

"I see, excellent", Ketevan said with a smile. "A good choice".

"It's understandable, of course", Ketevan replied to Peter. "I wish her good luck. I'm sure she will show us her best effort".

"Before it is time to go to our seats", Ketevan told Peter, "besides enjoying these exciting and amusing games, of course, can I ask which are your personal expectations for your visit?", she asked with a smile.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 08:09:10 PM »
"Personally?" Peter said "I'm hoping to get to know you and your nation, do a little basic diplomacy." he smiled "If I'm lucky maybe I can run a more long term project by you, but I'm really just here to make friends and get to know a fellow nation of the north."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 08:08:09 PM »

"I really hope you're right about your prospects and hopes, of course", Ketevan replied. She observed as Nano returned to the room.

"Excuse me, Your Most High Majesty", Nano said, "but it is about time".

"Indeed, time goes on fast", Ketevan replied. "We may continue this private conversation later", she say back to the Achkaerinese guests with a smile, "but I am afraid they may be already waiting for us".

"The Main Box is this way", Nano explained to the guests.

When they went to their seats, the emperor was invited to sit at the right of Ketevan herself. At the other side of the Brzdmtsveli was Zhuldyz Birinseli. Meanwhile, Esma, who was invited to sit at the other side of Peter, could see that High Priestess Eter was already on her left.

"The athletes should be here soon", Zhuldyz said.

Prime Minister Bidzina Samkharadze had already come to Azavrelia from Ktsatskuri.

"Sir, I'm told the Achkaerinese Emperor is already in the stadium with Her Most High Majesty as planned", an aide informed him. "Everything is ready at the Assembly Palace", he added.

"Excellent", Bidzina replied. "Let's go there immediately".

"Alright", the man said, giving the pertinent orders. About fifteen minutes later, their car arrived at the Assembly Palace, head of the Provincial Assembly of Azavrelia.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2022, 04:54:57 PM »
This not being their first rodeo so to speak, Peter and Esme were not ones to look a gift horse in the mouth - Zhuldyz's presence was either coincidence or a stroke of genius on Ketevan's part, given Achkaerin's success and reputation when it came to football it did present a few additional options and would certainly be something Peter would look to talk about later on. Esme was checking her phone for updates on Achkaerinese performances it was going well so far the netballers had beaten Seaforth in the last sixteen and there had been a win in the womens snooker quarter finals, now though all eyes were on the athletics as they keenly awaited the arrival of the athletes looking for the white and gold colours that the Achkaerinese wore, perhaps it was knowing that his daughter was up soon but the Emperor was a little nervous, he knew what this meant to Serenity.

"Quite the atmosphere." Peter said commenting on the crowd noise "If you don't mind my asking Mrs Birinseli how does this compare to football atmosphere around here?"

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 11:44:01 PM »

"We are quite satisfied with atmosquere, isn't it", Zhuldyz replied. "The passion, joy, mood, and their warm support, even when there aren't necessarily our own athletes, is being fantastic. It is still different that the football atmosphere in our main stadiums where fans can be, sometimes, too passionate, even if we only recently worked to transition from regional leagues to a nationwide and united championship, of course".

"These Mundus Games were, of course, slightly different", she continued, "and it is been enjoyable for both local fans and more casual supporters, and those who travelled to the city, of course, besides any regional or national rivalty. Our players have, obviously, still a long way to traverse, even we're satisfied about the positive steps we have been taken lately. And, obviously, we were once again amazed but not surprised about Achkaerinese teams in these Mundus Games. I'm hopeful that more Achkaerinese players are able to join our clubs in the coming years, as it could be an enriching experience for both sides".

As their conversation advanced, it was finally announced that the athletes were about to enter to the stadium.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2022, 07:50:27 PM »
"I'll mention it to Mr Bauer." Peter said, referencing the President of the Achkaerinese FA as a moment later his attention was drawn to the athletes coming out.
"She's in the final heat." Esme said watching the first group of heptathletes step onto the track for the hurdles.
"Ok." Peter said, he'd have inquired as to how Serenity had been training but he knew how much trouble that would get him in. But there wasn't much he could do at this point. "This is the first time in a while that I've actually been able to see the Games as a spectator rather than a competitor, quite the experience I must say. Is there anyone from our hosts that I should be looking out for in terms of athletes?"

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2022, 11:10:25 AM »
"I was told that some of our athletes will compete today here, indeed", Zhuldyz replied, "including some finalists. There may not be enough expectations, but our people are certainly proud that our athletes are able to compete and perform so competitively between the world best athletes".

"Today, however", she continued, "our best will be again on gymnastics, which our girls and boys are achieving such a great success in these games. I can understand that this may be a surprise for many, although not that much for us, as the practice of gymnastics, as well as other sports, is fully integrated at the school level nationwide".

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2022, 05:18:51 PM »
"As all the best programs are." Peter said "These games and their winter counterparts are festivals of sport and their legacy is year after year inspiring the next generation of athletes, the more accessible the sport the better and where better to start than at school? First contact, right Esme?"
"Yep first time I pulled on a pair of boxing gloves was in school." Esme said, she smiled "Perhaps we could look into some sort of sporting exchange or relationship, I'm sure our best would relish the chance to go toe to toe with your best, sharpen each other up a little bit."
"Two sports mad nations." Peter said "I'd be up for that."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 10:25:09 AM »

"That's our hope, indeed", Ketevan replied to Peter.

"I'm convinced everyone will be pleased about the idea of a sporting exchange program between our nations", Zhuldys replied. Ketevan nodded as well. "At least, we in our federation we'd be glad to discuss such kind of agreement between us and our Achkaerinese counterparts, and I'm sure that Mister [Minister of Sports and Civic Education Merab] Arakishvili will receive that kind of proposal at a higher level quite positively.

The conversation continued for quite a while, even after the main events and races of the morning had finished. Ketevan hoped that the performances of the Achkaerinese athletes further improved the mood of her guests during their stay, although considering the reknown competitiveness of the Achkaerinese, it was to be seen if that was the case.

"I'm convinced both our agenda is rather tight", Ketevan told Peter with a smile, "so we may need to postpone this pleasant but still productive conversation for later. I'll be glad to continue later today, in our dinner in the Golden Villa".

"It has been a pleasure", Zhuldys added to the Achkaerinese guests.

Once they were ready, a car took the Achkaerinese to the Azavrelia Assembly building, a rather colourful 17th-century building, once a personal palace for the royal relatives of the powerful Gabedi clan, which also served as head of the government briefly in the late 1890s, then turning into a state property.

Prime Minister Bidzina Samkharadze was waiting in front of the gates of the building, along a younger man on military uniform and an assistant.

"Welcome, Majesty", Bidzina told Peter. "I'm convinced that your first hours in our nation were pleasant enough, but we are hopeful that the overall impression has been positive. While this city usually leaves a quite positive impression of most visitors, in my experience, during an event like this feels quite both different and unique".

"Let's move directly to business", Bidzina frankly said, once the formal exchange of greetings were done, and they walked to the meeting room, a large assembly hall. The guests were invited to seat in a red sofa covered by embroidery in the local traditional style.

"Our administration is hopeful that more than a better understanding between our nations will be born from your visit", the Prime Minister added once they were comfortably seated.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2022, 08:26:47 PM »
"That's our hope as well." Peter said, he was reasonably buoyed by having just watched his daughter win her hurdles heat in the heptathlon and that her foot had held up, hopefully it would last through the competition "One of my personal hopes and that of the current Achkaerinese government has been to develop good relations with our fellow northern ocean nations in our corner of Mundus, the more people and nations understand each other the less the chance of problems happening between them or so says the theory." the Emperor paused "So as we're the guests here Prime Minister, where would you like to start in terms of business?"

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2022, 10:34:30 PM »
"There are many key fields and issues where I can see and hope increasing cooperation between our nations, certainly", the Prime Minister replied. "It is our view, however, to take it literally as the best right step in that direction. For that reason, we would be happy to reach an agreement, sooner or later, that further increases trade and economic opportunities between our economies and companies in both direction".

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2023, 05:42:13 PM »
As the Prime Minister spoke Esme glanced at her brother she knew what Peter's long term ambition was and what was being said was right up that street. Peter himself was no  stranger to this particular conversation, having had it with so many national leaders on Mundus but each time was of course different as each nation was different, some were  cautious, some were bold and some were in between. "We find ourselves once again agreeing. My personal preference would be to gradually open up economically, a trading agreement that sees our nations walk back the tariffs and such over a period of time. As far as companies go, most agreements Achkaerin is party to grant incentives for the company if they employ a certain amount of workers locally or source materials locally, so maybe that's something to look at."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 06:15:11 PM »

"That sounds reasonable as it would be quite close what we'd propose", the Prime Minister replied. "We see a bilateral reduction of tariffs as a positive step in that direction. I'm convinced more of our companies will be interested to access to the human capital and experience of local workers".

"Minister Arakishvili, our Minister of Civic Education and Sports", he continued, "has informed that he will be interested to meet his Achkaerin's counterparts as we would be interested to negotiate, as long as it is possible, a potential agreement on education exchange and promotion of arts and culture in each of our countries. Secondly, while the interests of our nations may diverge particularly in affairs in the region and the continent as a whole, as it is natural between any nations, we hope that we can reach cooperation particularly in security, as it is my administration's wish to be more involved toward regional stability, as far as that is possible".

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2023, 03:31:44 PM »
The name of the mentioned Minister brought a smile to Peter and Esme's faces, as 'Arakishvili' bore some similarity to 'Andronikashivili' this being the last name of Katyusha - the Lodjan girlfriend of Esme's son Jack. Peter took a moment before replying "I'm sure that our Ministers would be more than willing to meet Minister Arakishvili, we have similar agreements with many nations in respect of education, arts and culture I believe they're included in every bilateral agreement we have. So while I don't wish to preempt the Achkaerinese Government I don't believe they'll be a problem setting that up." he paused "Security is something we agree on as well, I suspect where we differ is further afield than our tranquil corner of Mundus. We're fortunate that this region doesn't usually face upheaval and when it has, it has been swiftly handled, the more cooperation between nations the sharper that response becomes. Most of what we do in the cause of regional security at the moment is combating slavery, human trafficking, smuggling, piracy, terrorism, organised crime and so on. I would suggest arranging a meeting with our Minister of Defence to explore ways to bring that cooperation into being."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2023, 09:35:17 PM »

"Excellent", the Prime Minister replied. "While we may not face those problems largely in our own borders, at least in comparison with other nations of our region, we will offer our cooperation to bring and strengthen stability in this part of the continent. We hope those meeting will help to improve the area of sharing information and not least importantly, improving confidence".

Prime Minister Bidzina Samkharadze was quite satisfied about how the meeting had resulted. It was unclear if the meeting and future contacts would make a big difference in the future relation between both nations, not without challenges, but he was hopeful to circumvent any obstacles on the way ahead.

The Tsarmatebebili Building was chosen as the final destination in Peter and Esme's visit to Mktvartvelo. The building, which had received a large number of visitors since its inauguration, was quite calm as it had been closed all day. They were moved to the last floor of the building which hosted a prestigious restaurant. From there, there were clear sights of the park around, in the middle of the Golden Villa.

The guests were received by Brzdmtsveli Ketevan herself, who hosted the dinner offered to the Achkaerinese guests. Besides Ketevan's family and the Prime Minister, there were also invited other national and local officials, and some special guests from Mktvartvelian society, including Zhuldyz Birinseli and High Priestess Eter, who they had met earlier. The menu had included a combination of traditional dishes and high cuisine, aimed to be both an introduction in the host country and leaving a positive impression before their return to Achkaerin.