Author Topic: By the Book - Lymm and East Moreland  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Lymm

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lymm
By the Book - Lymm and East Moreland
« on: January 01, 2023, 12:42:46 AM »

Mae hi'n Galw Rwy'n Ateb

Dear King David,

I am writing to you as the founder of the Cultural Exchange Treaty Organisation and as someone who I understand has a deep love of the study of history. For nearly a 1000 years the Lymmite Wicca faith has maintained documents called the "Book of Shadows" each of these books are maintained by the leaders of a Coven and record key elements of the Covens history as well as rituals and spells that are used as part of our faith. This approach has seen us collect vast amounts of information about our past and the evolution of our faith. I would appreciate being able to show you what is considered not just my own covens Book of Shadows but the Kingdoms. Our families book can be traced back to the foundation of our faith and has been the White Witches Book of Shadows for the last 300 years. Our desire is to find a way to preserve and share this and as someone who has made historical study a global activity I would welcome a chance to discuss the best approach with you. I am also aware that our nations monarch, King Siôn has yet to find grounds to invite you to Lymm and I would also like to invite you to join my family, our nations royal family and our future ambassador to East Moreland for a banquet.

I am hopeful of your acceptance.

With Deepest Respects

Lady Rhiannon Hiraethog
White Witch of the Lymmite Wicca Faith

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: By the Book - Lymm and East Moreland
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 07:34:10 PM »
Dear Lady Rhiannon,

Thank you for your kind letter and your offer to show me the book of shadows for both your coven and the Kingdom of Lymm. As someone who is fascinated by the study of history, I would be honored to have the opportunity to learn more about the evolution of your faith. I would be happy to discuss the best approach for preserving and sharing this important collection of documents with you.

I am also grateful for your invitation to join your family, the royal family of Lymm, and the future ambassador for a banquet. I would be delighted to accept and am looking forward to the opportunity to visit your beautiful country and learn more about its rich history and culture.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to arrange a suitable time for our meeting and banquet.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace
King David

Offline Lymm

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lymm
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 11:40:24 PM »
Rhiannon had put the word out to the various Covens to invite their Witch Mothers to held greet their guest. In total some 120 or so had accepted and now the grounds of the  Hiraethog estate where filled with the black robed women, some carrying staffs, some with leather bags hung around their neck but all keen to answer the call of the White Witch. They had called upon their nation to be more open and while King Siôn IV had said all the right things in the media he had yet to act upon anything, meanwhile the spiritual leader of the nation was today forcing him to. Naturally the King had been invited to attend, and with his small gathering of smart green jacketed soldiers formed a rather unsociable gaggle to one side of the large lawn area. Even though the military were under the King's command, Colonel Rice of the The Royal Household Regiment was far happier to stand talking with the Witch Mothers than he was his commander in chief.

The Estate stood a good distance from Deiniolen and so after the East Moreland delegation had landed Lady Rhiannon had a good hour to get her colleagues into order. They formed a large semi circle at the doorway to the house with the King and White Witch at the centre. While most Coven Mothers wore black, and Rhiannon wore white a group of eight women in red flanked their spiritual leader. These were "The Biddies" choosen as the most learned and respected of the Coven Mothers. Colonel Rice meanwhile had his red jacketed men line the driveway. As the royal entourage approached the Colonel saluted and watched as the car drove past its tyres crunching on the gravel drive. It turned into the semi circle and its driver stopped to allow a member of the military to open the door for the East Moreland King allowing Lady Rhiannon to step forward. She removed the white hood to reveal long blonde hair tied at the nape of her neck with a leather band. She held a white wooden staff wrapped with misteltoe. "Your Majesty please allow me to bestow a spell of welcome upon you." She knew the media would be snapping away and so the symbolic Fivefold Blessing would be required, if not a little awkward to a man who likely didn't know the ritual.

"Blessed be thy feet, that have brought thee to this place" she carefully directed the tip of her staff at the Kings feet mindful to not actually touch them. Had she been doing this to a follower of her faith then she would have but she wondered how a foreign King might react.  "Blessed be thy knees, that kneel at the sacred altar" she raised the staff just a touch. "Blessed be thy phallus, without which we would not be" she sensed this blessing may have caused some embarassment. "Blessed be thy chest, formed in strength." She held the staff at his heart. "Blessed be thy lips, that shall utter the Sacred Names." At this point traditionally the Witch would kiss the person she was blessing but again a decision had been made to leave that part out and instead the staff was brought close to the Kings lips. The gathered semi circle applauded and some muttered their own prayers as King Siôn was introduced.

"King David, I welcome you to my Kingdom." The monarch extended a hand having ensured he had emphasised the word "my" in his greeting. "Its a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 08:48:49 PM »
David had brought with him his Prime Minister Henrietta Quinn for no other reason than like himself she was a history geek. The pair of them had pushed through the Cultural Exchange Treaty Organisation into existence and were both looking forward to this meeting. What they hadn't expected was some of the rather unique welcoming. David knew that there were rituals likely to be involved in meeting someone such as the White Witch and he would have appreciated some notice so when Lady Rhiannon began the Fivefold Blessings David was a little nervous. The King looked a little embarassed as his phallus was blessed and hoped that Lady Rhiannon wouldn't notice as he blushed. The blessing done he was thankful King Siôn utilised a more traditional handshake. The King had been aware of the issues between the White Witch and the King and in a way he felt sorry for the monarch, he imagined how difficult Skye Maddix could make his life if the Cult withdrew its support for the Ironside family. David spoke to Siôn first "Its a pleasure to meet you, may I introduce the Prime Minister of East Moreland, Henrietta Quinn."

"Nice to meet you Your Majesty" she bowed slightly as she spoke.

"Lady Rhiannon, you have a lovely home here and King Sion may I say your nation is equally as stunning. I'm only sorry its taken me so long before I came to visit but a chance to see some historical object so few other leaders on Mundus have is quiet an enticement." The King was rather excited. "I'm hopeful we can find a way to get you involved heavily in the CETO and through that we can spread the knowledge of your Book of Shadows. Would I sound too much of a historic geek if I asked when I can see it?"