Author Topic: An Emergency In The Rokkenjima Sea (Private Communication With Daitō)  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima

A Private Message To Emperor Eijiro

The situation playing out in the Rokkenjima Sea is one of utmost concern to me and one which threatens the very stability of our region. I wish to assure you that Rokkenjiman assets acting in anger against the Empire of Daitō are doing so without the sanction of Chrysanthemum Throne and that my Grand Marshal is doing all within his power to limit the loss of life and destruction presently before us. Under my authority, assets of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces are moving to assist and bring this crisis to a resolution. On behalf of the Rokkenjiman People and Empire I offer my sincerest of apologies that things have escalated to this point, however, rest assured that you have a committed partner in the Throne in bringing this crisis to a swift resolution.

The First Empire, while it can never make up for any loss of life, will do all within its power to rectify this situation and ensure that the designs of a madman aren't what defines the Rokkenjiman-Daitōjin relationship. I, like the Crown Princess, hope that our nations may find a path to friendship and mutual prosperity, and that dream is still alive so long as an Anselmo sits upon this Throne and is willing to make the difficult decisions towards that which is just, right and true. Let us make this occasion the first, in so long, where we both set aside our pride and preconceptions and work together toward a solution. Let us make this the moment where Rokkenjima and Daitō realize that, despite different names and paths, we are both Ōnishi. We share the same blood and, when one of us are hurt, both of us are hurt. Let us not allow the designs of one dangerous man to undermine the potential we can both share in, and let us bring to a close the madman scenario he's forced upon us.

Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: An Emergency In The Rokkenjima Sea (Private Communication With Daitō)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 12:30:33 AM »

I am certainly most understanding of your lack of trust, however, I can assure you that upon the death of my niece, the last thing I would wish to do is bring more death and suffering into this world. I have no designs on changing Rokkenjiman-Daitōjin borders, nor would I have suspected my niece of wishing to send her people to die to change lines drawn upon maps. I would not dishonour her legacy by making one of my earliest actions as Empress of this First Empire toward such an endeavour. Within the last hour the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces have downed an RK80 which was operating without the sanction of the Crown. Furthermore as we know Ofdensen is still within Azukishima Prefecture I have ordered the Imperial Naval Intelligence Service to disable communications, apart from those with commanders I and Rowe have confidence in executing our orders. Without access to Ofdensen, and without his access to the broader international community, I am hopeful that we can cut the head from the snake, so to speak.

Ofdensen has sought to drive wedges between Rokkenjima and our partners, as well as stoking tensions, and I am confident that his aim is fostering instability. Our forces will not be crossing into your territory but will be setting up a parameter on our naval borders as a last line of defense should any other poor fools get ideas about following Ofdensen to the meat grinder.

I will need the help of our neighbours, I will need your help too, I don't wish to see one further life lost. I couldn't save Asuna, by the time I knew of Akawashi 304 it was too late to prevent those sordid events from transpiring but now, I am attempting to stay ahead of the game and prevent any further tragedies. By all right if one Rokkenjiman steps out of line and upon your territory do what must be done, that is if I do not see that it is done first. I am confident, however, that there are more loyal sons and daughters of Chrysanthemum Throne that will put a bullet in the back of any head that has ill thoughts or intents of malice. We must rise to this occasion together and ensure that the next chapter of our joint history is one of hope, not of senseless bloodshed.

If it is difficult for you to trust my words, I hope that you can find trust in my actions. Included with this message are the precise location of the Azukishima, which is serving as quite literally a life raft for the Imperial Government. Included with myself are members of the Imperial Diet, various Ministers, as well as my Imperial Council. If you feel that I am your enemy I will offer no defense; my neck is laid bare to you, what happens next is fully within your hands. Do you accept my gesture of trust, do we work together, or do we give this murderer all which he seeks in this life?

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 10:02:35 AM »

CC: Achkaerin, East Moreland, Tytor, Dartfordia

Following an operation of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy Charles Foster Ofdensen has been neutralized. As the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces are not engaged in offensive operations against the Empire of Daito offensive operations of your Empire shall cease. Assets from the Empire which cross into Rokkenjiman territory, airspace or waters will be shot down or otherwise eliminated, and I certainly do not wish to see more families torn apart in this horrible affair. However, as I have removed the threat, a change in your posture is thus mandated.

Once the fog has cleared I do hope we have the opportunity to speak as, despite the progression of events, I remain hopeful for a future of peace and partnership.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 09:45:50 PM »
Empress Shizukesa,

While hostile military action against the Rokkenjiman state shall, for the time, come to an end, the declaration shall remain in place. It being far from our desire to see blood spilled, we are prepared to negotiate a resolution to this most regrettable situation, so that we may work together to build a better future for all of East Ardia. But until that time may come, understand that any Rokkenjiman asset which enters Daitōjin territory, be it by land, air, or sea, shall be fired upon and liquidated. However, as you yourself mentioned, we must rise to the occasion together, work to make peace, and ensure that this next chapter of our history—of the history of East Ardia—is not one to be filled with bloodshed. The future of both our nations demands this, and thus, I pray that cooler heads on both sides shall, in time, prevail, and that peace may be restored.
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 11:06:34 PM »

I hope that the fact I have not raised a military response to your attacks upon Southkeep speak to my intentions and the truth of my conviction to the path of peace. I would like to invite you to the Imperial Palace where, I hope, we shall craft a bilateral treaty which shall guide the course of our relationship from this point forward. With such a Treaty in place we ensure a measure of peace in our time, and we pave the path to a future without strife berween our Peoples. I do certainly hope to see you there.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 03:30:11 AM »
Empress Shizukesa,

Unfortunately, your request to meet in Rokkenjima is unacceptable, owing to the present discord between our nations. If we are to meet, I request instead that you consider a neutral third party, rather than expecting me to put my life and the lives of my citizens in the hands of someone who is, by circumstance, an enemy. I am certain that you would feel the same, were I to request you attend a meeting in Shinkyō. As both our nations are members of the Ardian Assembly, I would suggest, therefore, that we reach out to that most honored organization to sponsor and host these talks.
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 08:33:05 PM »

That is perfectly agreeable to me. I would suggest that we petition the Assembly for room to be made tomorrow. I shall look forward to our discussions and setting forth a path for harmony between our Empires.

I do not expect us to ascend to friendship immediately, but I do think that we can show compassion for our mutual losses, we may mourn together for this senseless loss of life, and we may yet forge bonds that will grow from the seeds planted by our shared tears. Even under the circumstances I will not declare you my enemy, nor I will not recognize your Empire as an enemy. Both you and I are victims of a common enemy, one who sought to use you to supplant the Anselmo Dynasty and, together, I hope we'll see progress. I've a legacy to maintain, a memory to honour, and I will see that Asuna's optimism triumphs over Ofdensen's misery.

Until we shall meet I pray that you, and your People, fare well.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2023, 08:14:02 AM »
Empress Shizukesa,

We regret the actions taken by the Imperial Daitōjin Army with regards to the present crisis in the Rokkenjiman Sea in spite of our desire for peace-talks. You must understand, given the situation we find ourselves in, until peace-talks are guaranteed and the arrangements are made, we are still, unfortunately, at war, and many of our commanders still view the islands as being Daitōjin alone. Rest assured in knowing that, though these actions may sadly continue for now, it is far from the desire of the Imperial Daitōjin Government that hostilities continue, and in the coming hours we shall formally be ordering a ceasefire, and if it must be done for the sake of peace, I am prepared to make a settlement formalizing the borders within the island chain.
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2023, 09:16:40 AM »

Once I have confirmation that all forces are returned to their positions prior to this latest attack I shall be willing to meet with you as facilitated by the Assembly of Ardia. In the mean time I shall be forced to maintain a defensive posture via assets of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy. Naturally they shall be on hand to assist with recovery and rebuilding efforts in Gaijijima and Kuwajima however, once those have concluded, I think both of us may agree that our forces being in such close proximity is not in the interests of either of our Empires at this time.

I shall await your response prior to further actions on my part.

Beatrice Anselmo