Author Topic: A Private Message to the Tytorian Govt.  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
A Private Message to the Tytorian Govt.
« on: February 19, 2023, 08:34:04 AM »
Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher,

Having read over the statement you have issued, I wished to make you aware that the Empire of Daitō is prepared, despite recent actions undertaken by its armed services, to make peace with the First Empire of Rokkenjima. We recognize that the costs involved with war are steep, not merely for Daitō nor Rokkenjima, but for every living being on this planet, and that the damage done will do nothing to engender our fellow man to cooperate for the good of humanity. Therefore, I have formally issued orders to the Imperial Daitōjin Armed Forces that a ceasefire be respected effective six-o'clock this morning, the 19th of February, 2023. I offer you my sincerest remorse that such actions, which were undertaken by Daitō in concern that the Rokkenjiman military, whether by command of the Empress or not, was preparing to seize the Tokara Islands from our hands. Though it may take time for relations to mend, I will gladly speak on the behalf of the Daitōjin government and her people in saying that we will do whatever it takes to once again live harmoniously within the brotherhood of nations.
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
Re: A Private Message to the Tytorian Govt.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 09:21:26 AM »
The Kingdom of Tytor
Official Communique
Prime Minister's Office

Emperor Eijiro,

While I am gratified to hear of your intention to end hostilities in such a prompt manner, I trust you will appreciate the sincerity of my distress that these orders were preceeded by what amounts to a direct escalation of the conflict between your nation and Rokkenjima.  I fully respect the concerns you have shared with me that prompted this display of what I can only call military brinkmanship, though I feel that perhaps a far better approach would have been to entrench your forces where they were, rather than launching a preemptive strike.

I will be blunt: I am willing to trust you, and I shall believe that you mean what you say when you tell me you want peace.  I shall await the hour of 6:00 with anticipation that you will live up to your word, and I hope that this crisis, which has led to alerts throughout Tytor's armed services in recent hours, will be adequately resolved in a timely manner.

Respectfully yours,

- Madeline Thatcher
Prime Minister
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire