Author Topic: Offer of Mediation - Ardian Assembly to Rokkenjima and Daito  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: Offer of Mediation - Ardian Assembly to Rokkenjima and Daito
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2023, 11:32:19 AM »
   "This revision is indeed acceptable." Prime Minister Konishi said as well, pleased with the terms as they stood.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2023, 08:26:58 PM »
"With that being the case I believe then that we have reached this as a final draft."

Quote from: Final (?) Draft
Saddened by the recent conflict between Rokkenjima and Daito

Concerned that the loss of life could continue

Committed to finding a mutually agreeable path to peace

The following agreement shall be adopted.

1. The long standing but informal Line of Control shall 48 hours after the adoption of this resolution become the internationally recognised border between Daito and Rokkenjima in this island chain.

2. Both Rokkenjima and Daito shall conform to the requirements of the FSC in this region.

3. Rokkenjima and Daito shall withdraw all forces from the island bare a force sufficient to maintain internal security in the region.

4. No heavy armour is to be stored upon these islands (for the purpose of this resolution this shall be defined as being an armoured combat vehicle with an integral or organic direct fire gun of at least 75 millimeters calibre, weighing at least 6,0 metric tons unladen weight.

5. Limits shall be put on the numbers of aircraft stationed on the islands. The RSOC will maintain a registry of military aircraft. Each nation may station ten fixed wing aircraft and three rotary wing aircraft in the region that fulfil combat roles. In addition they may maintain a further ten fixed wing aircraft that undertake none combat roles. No limits shall be placed on non combat rotary wing aircraft. Should the officer commanding receive a specific request for additional aircraft to be stationed they may agree to temporary extensions to limits for a period no longer than 7 days, however repeat requests shall be permitted. Any request approved must apply to both nations.

6. No Naval vessel may be permanently stationed on the islands. Naval vessels may only stop at the islands for resupply which must be completed within 48 hours or repairs.

7. Each side may place an officer of the equivalent rank of Captain or higher on island belonging to the other party containing a military force. This officer shall act as an observer that the other nation is respecting the military aspects of this treaty.

8. The Ardian Assembly shall form a contingent known as the Rokkenjiman Sea Observation Corps (RSOC). This shall form a contingent of no more than 200 soldiers and 100 civil staff drawn from all Assembly Nations. They shall be free to travel between the islands and provide independent confirmation of compliance with this resolution.

9. RSOC shall carry out this role until 2025.

10. Those who live on the island or have immediate family who live on the island shall be issued a Rokkenjima Sea Permit Card (RSPC). Holders of these cards may travel freely between the islands so long as not considered a threat to national security.

11. A Rokkenjima Sea Assembly (RSA) shall be established with Rokkenjima and Daito holders of the RSPC being given a voice on decisions to be made in the waters of the islands in accordance with the FSC. Neither national governments must abide by the advice of the RSA.

"All that I believe remains is for us to formulate the RSCOC. I propose that Brigadier Atkins be placed in command of the military elements. Meanwhile I would put Duchess Anna Davison forward as the civilian staff leader. Currently the membership of the Assembly, beyond those who are party to the resolution agreement (OOC- Sorry but I'm going to refuse to recognise non-active RPers as members) we have ourselves, Gowu, Ui Cenneslaig and Cantabria. That would mean each of us would, if agreeable, contribute 50 soldiers and 25 civilian staff. Bakkermaya will stand by to fill in for any nation that for any reason can not provide the numbers. That is of course reliant on Daito and Rokkenjima being willing to grant this set up access and agreement on leadership."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2023, 08:14:50 PM »
"With the final draft working out many of the intricacies of the situation I am prepared to sign it once a further matter is addressed," the Empress said once Hugo had finished speaking. "In the aftermath of the rogue attack my Government moved swiftly to de-escalate the crisis, including a pledge to see "due compensation to the Daitojin Empire and each family impacted by these actions is dispersed". This gesture, along with others made by Chrysanthemum Throne, were met with the attacks upon Suisenjima and Akarishima. Rokkenjiman and Tytorian inspectors have ascertained the damage done in these attacks to be र392.9m ($727m). Recognizing the downing of a Daitojin AEWACS plane by Ofdensen's actions, we'll deduct the cost of that plane from the amount for compensation. Once the Empire has agreed to compensation for the attacks upon Suisenjima and Akarishima I shall have no issue in signing today while releasing funds as previously stated for those impacted by these rogue attacks, that is if the Emperor finds this acceptable?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2023, 09:33:51 PM »
   "While the Empire of Daitō may be prepared to offer some form of compensation for damages sustained during the conflict, this being an act of goodwill, at this time, I fear we cannot agree to-" Sadazane paused, looking over to the Empress of Rokkenjima, "-make such a payment, not while the amount expected is dictated to us by inspectors who are, by nature of their origin, biased against us. As such, I would move that such damages be determined by a neutral third party, preferably a member of the Ardian Assembly such as Bakkermaya."

A moment passed as the Daitōjin Prime Minister took a moment to think. Assuming that an independent investigation into the damages sustained during the war corroborated what "Shizukesa" claimed, then... Well, that made things simple, he figured.
   "Regardless of that, given that the Empress of Rokkenjima, a woman whom has certainly shown herself to be true to her word, has generously offered to deduct the price of Akawashi 304 and her crew, that would result in the compensation actually being paid equaling around... ~र270.3m ($500m), factoring in the cost of the airframe—somewhere around र145.95m ($270m)—and of course the cost to train the crew, which, as I understand, would be around ~र5.4m ($10m)... For that cost, given that the aircraft was fully crewed at the time—twenty-three crew members in total—that would put that particular fee at around र124.3m ($230m)." He paused once more, "So yes, around र270.3m would be deducted from that fee, leaving the actual payment at approximately र122.6 million overall ($227m). It seems fair, and I'm certain that Your Majesty wouldn't go out of her way to offer an unfair deal in pursuit of peace?" He smiled.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2023, 10:45:39 PM »
"Regardless of the destroyer of assets their value is a known quantity," the Empress began. "We did, after all, suffer losses at radar installations, weapons depots, and air defense batteries. I have long believed that a first request is the one most desired, so I shall agree to your desire for an independent arbitration regarding the damages suffered on Suisenjima and Akarishima. A detailed inventory of those assets damaged in the Daitojin attacks will be provided to the arbiter, as I'm confident that our numbers will either match or be an underestimate. I am fine with the suggestion of Bakkermaya as such a neutral party as I've long seen Lascelles as a man of integrity and honour, and trust his capacity to be a neutral party sharing our pursuit not just toward peace, but toward an equitable peace."

Turning to Lascelles Shizukesa paused, "Would you be willing to undertake this task, as well as looking over my numbers for the families of those lost in Ofdensen's folly? I know you've done so much to this point and I almost feel remiss to wait to this point to address these issues so I do hope you'll forgive me there, however, given that the Emperor all but admitted that the attacks upon Suisenjima and Akarishima were matters outside of his control and did not reflect the will I believed he shared toward peace, there remains a matter of responsibility which must be addressed. Let us ensure that process is fair, impartial and, above all else, in the interests of a secured and lasting peace."

She would meet Sadazane's eyes with a momentary grin, "and let me thank the Assembly for their time, energy and efforts during this most unfortunate of affairs. Let us move toward concluding this present matter of business so that we may yet again work toward building a better Ardia together."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2023, 08:45:22 PM »
Lascelles found himself a little annoyed. If he'd have been in the Emperor of Daito's shoes he would likely have done exactly what he had, after all to everyone it seemed like a war could spill out any moment and you couldn't risk deception. However a few million spent to ensure no future conflict seemed a decent deal. "We'll have member of our Engineers Regiments make their way over as soon as possible. Its a process thats likely to take a few weeks so what I propose is that we therefore sign this document with the caveat that it include an agreement that a sum of money to be determined by the Assembly shall be transferred between the two nations. This will be the balance of the costs incurred by Daito in replacing its loses and compensation and the cost in putting right damage in Rokkenjima. This shall be capped at a maximum of $500million on the Daito side of the equation and at $750million on the Rokkenjiman side. If this is acceptable then the inspection teams can leave tomorrow and this document will be signed in a few hours time."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 08:58:33 PM by RobertAgira »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2023, 09:01:10 PM »
   "We find these terms acceptable, and are prepared to cooperate fully in determining such damages which may have been sustained." Sadazane said with a nod. He did what he could to ignore the slanderous comments made by the Empress of Rokkenjima, who could not know, for better or for ill, the reality of the situation within the Imperial Armed Forces. And even so, they were regrettably at war, regardless of any intentions communicated behind closed doors. To assume at the time that the Rokkenjimans were coming to them with the best of intentions, even though they had harmed his people, was as to invite with open arms death to his land. He could only sigh in relief knowing that, for the time being, it seemed that peace was once more on the horizon. "Likewise, we are prepared to pay whatever 'compensation' may be deemed necessary so as to ensure that peace remains between our two nations."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2023, 12:21:54 AM »
"As Lascelles himself said throwing blame is not the reason why we are here," the Empress would reply, "thus capping the damages at an equal manner on both sides of the equation is mandated. Whilst the Daitojin Empire wrought more damage upon the First Empire in their attacks upon the islands, in the pursuit of peace, I shall not seek to extract that which is due to the First Empire. Should both amounts be capped at an equal amount, thus removing any subtext of ascribing blame through a higher cap on the Rokkenjiman side of the equation, I shall be happy to sign this agreement."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2023, 01:04:41 AM »

A Message To The Assembly of Ardia

Effective immediately the First Empire ascribes its signature to the document prior to the requested changes of Empress Shizukesa which focused on matters of financial compensation. The First Empire will accept no compensation from the Empire of Daitō, however, the First Empire will maintain the program of compensating all those in the Empire touched by these horrific actions and shall compensate the Empire र124.3m for the assessed fees of the downed aircraft and the stated costs duly associated with it.

There is no value which can be placed on lives unjustly lost, no sum of money which can give any victim that which they truly desire: the empty seat at the dinner table occupied again, the warmth of a husband or wife in the bed next to them, or a father or mother bonding with their children and being there with them through every step of their lives. Though the actions were not undertaken by legitimate chains of command they were undertaken in the name of Rokkenjima at that time and I will not begin my reign playing games of blame. As the Children of Islyna we make those situations in life right, and today, I take these actions to live up to my faith and responsibilities as Empress of Rokkenjima.

Let us bring this unfortunate chapter in history to a resolute close.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2023, 08:32:17 PM »

Following the message communicated to the Assembly by the Empress of Rokkenjima I propose that the following document be signed as soon as possible.

Quote from: Final Draft

1. The long standing but informal Line of Control shall 48 hours after the adoption of this resolution become the internationally recognised border between Daito and Rokkenjima in this island chain.

2. Both Rokkenjima and Daito shall conform to the requirements of the FSC in this region.

3. Rokkenjima and Daito shall withdraw all forces from the island bare a force sufficient to maintain internal security in the region.

4. No heavy armour is to be stored upon these islands (for the purpose of this resolution this shall be defined as being an armoured combat vehicle with an integral or organic direct fire gun of at least 75 millimeters calibre, weighing at least 6,0 metric tons unladen weight.

5. Limits shall be put on the numbers of aircraft stationed on the islands. The RSOC will maintain a registry of military aircraft. Each nation may station ten fixed wing aircraft and three rotary wing aircraft in the region that fulfil combat roles. In addition they may maintain a further ten fixed wing aircraft that undertake none combat roles. No limits shall be placed on non combat rotary wing aircraft. Should the officer commanding receive a specific request for additional aircraft to be stationed they may agree to temporary extensions to limits for a period no longer than 7 days, however repeat requests shall be permitted. Any request approved must apply to both nations.

6. No Naval vessel may be permanently stationed on the islands. Naval vessels may only stop at the islands for resupply which must be completed within 48 hours or repairs.

7. Each side may place an officer of the equivalent rank of Captain or higher on island belonging to the other party containing a military force. This officer shall act as an observer that the other nation is respecting the military aspects of this treaty.

8. The Ardian Assembly shall form a contingent known as the Rokkenjiman Sea Observation Corps (RSOC). This shall form a contingent of no more than 200 soldiers and 100 civil staff drawn from all Assembly Nations. They shall be free to travel between the islands and provide independent confirmation of compliance with this resolution.

10. Those who live on the island or have immediate family who live on the island shall be issued a Rokkenjima Sea Permit Card (RSPC). Holders of these cards may travel freely between the islands so long as not considered a threat to national security.

11. A Rokkenjima Sea Assembly (RSA) shall be established with Rokkenjima and Daito holders of the RSPC being given a voice on decisions to be made in the waters of the islands in accordance with the FSC. Neither national governments must abide by the advice of the RSA.

Once the document has been signed by both parties the first of the Bakkermayan contingent of the Rokkenjima Sea Observation Corps shall deploy within 24 hours thus beginning the mandate as outlined in the proposal. If that is possible then we shall consider this an end to these proceedings and welcome a return to peace.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2023, 05:45:27 PM »
The Daitōjin Prime Minister, Sadazane Konishi, would

Signed,
Sadazane Konishi, Prime Minister of the Empire of Daitō

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2023, 12:08:48 AM »

Signed,
Sadazane Konishi, Prime Minister of the Empire of Daitō

Beatrice Anselmo