Author Topic: Empress Serenity's Coronation (Open RP)  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Empress Serenity's Coronation (Open RP)
« on: April 03, 2023, 05:16:14 PM »

to whom it may concern

You are cordially invited to the coronation of Empress Serenity Azurewind, it will be a day of celebration beginning with the coronation at the Temple of the Daughters, one of our holiest sites outside of Luna Isle, and followed by the Coronation Ball later in the day. For those that wish to meet with the Empress to have a friendly chat or discuss other matters, that provision has been made. We look forward to welcoming everyone both friend and stranger to Valtheim on this joyous occasion.

Consul Michael Williams

It was a typical day weather wise in Valtheim, somewhat cool, regardless of the sunlight this was still the far north. This was to be a most unique coronation owing to the build up to it, the Constitutional issues had as far as the legalities went been successfully navigated but the ceremonial would play out during the day. Across the nation many different things were in readiness, street parties, concerts, ceremonies at temples to name a handful, in Valtheim the crowds that had commuted on the day were swelling up, while those that had camped out the night before reaped the reward of front row seats, it was an event the likes of which hadn't been seen in over twenty years and hopefully wouldn't be seen again for many decades. The Marble Palace stood atop its small hill overlooking the Djana Azurewind monument - a half size stone lighthouse come beacon with two figures representing Caleb Elsif and Djana Azurewind engaging in a sword duel around it, in Djana's hand there was a flag pole from which flew the flag of the Duchy of Rosemoor - the province of Achkaerin in which Valtheim sat, the whole monument sat on a roundabout. Were it not for the noise of other members of the crowd they might have heard the faint trace of piano music from the Marble Palace. The source of the noise was Serenity calming her pre coronation nerves by playing the piano and having a little sing song, this was not a day she'd imagined would come to her, she was the younger of two children it was only Simon's being held hostage by terrorists ten years earlier that had put her into the position of being heir to the throne and now here she was welcoming the day in as Crown Princess and knowing she'd be seeing it out as Empress.

Over at Valtheim International Airport preparations for VIP guests were finished, the honor guard was stood to, the band was tuned up to play national anthems as guests arrived and dispatched to handle the pleasantries was Princess Esme, brother to the former Emperor and aunt to the incoming Empress, she had enough experience and knew enough of Mundus's leaders to not put her foot in it. Taking a deep breath to steady herself she awaited the first guests.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Empress Serenity's Coronation (Open RP)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 06:57:26 PM »
It was odd, the nation seemed in celebration but to King David the day was not really a cause to celebrate. Perhaps it was the fact he himself had gone through similar succession issues, first being declared dead following a plane crash and then injuries from a terrorist attack. He saw today as a necessity not a celebration, it was merely a way of ensuring the Achkaerin government could function correctly and deep down David hoped that just as he had one day found his way back to guiding his nation so too would Peter however in these circumstances he believed that would likely not be the case. The King was, as ever, joined by his wife who was actually looking forward to the occasion as it was another chance to be in the eyes of the media. Ironside One touched down and the King saluted the honour guard as he passed by to greet Princess Esme. "Nice to see you Princess" David greeted her. "I wonder if you would permit me before going home to visit your brother?" David asked, "He is someone I've always enjoyed meeting and I'd like to be able to say hello while we're here. How are the proceedings today shaping up?"

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 02:58:14 PM »
Evelyn Wesley stood in behind he niece eying an annoying tangle of bright red hair that just didn't want to cooperate. She had arrived three days earlier to offer Serenity support through this whole affair. While she was proud of the young princess, the circumstances saddened her given Peter was like a second father to her. She had spent the las few days helping Serenity with anything she needed, sure she had everyone else at the Marble Palace for that but they had the bigger stuff to worry about, Evelyn could handle the little stuff. This included doing the young Princess Astrid's hair for the ceremony. Astrid flinched as the tangle finally came free and Evelyn began twisting the braids, doing a style she was quite proud of, a mix of traditional Achkaerin and Revanan styles that flowed quite well together.

"So have you ever done a coronoation before?" Astrid asked, fiddling with a hair tie that Evelyn had given her.

"Yes, four actually. One for my father, one for your father when he became Emperor, Your mother's when she became Queen of Revana, and mine just last year when I became Regent. Each one is different and unique,  and always complicated." Evelyn said, deftly twisting a braid and securing it with a pin.

"When will I have to do it?" Astrid asked nervously.

"For Achkaerin, hopefully not for a very long time. Your coronation as Empress of Revana will be in 8 years on your 16th birthday, where you will take over for your mom and me. Don't worry we'll still be there to help you."

"8 years? That's forever away, I'll basically be an adult by then" Astrid laughed and went back to playing with the tie, her young mind not comprehending that her turn to take charge will be here faster than she thinks.

"There, now let's go find your mother and make sure she's happy with it." Evelyn smiled down at her, as she finished the hair. Astrid jumped up and ran out of the room, trailed by Evelyn as they went towards the source of the Piano.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 04:32:47 PM »
   It was as the passing of an age, Eijirō thought, as his AS-2100 aircraft, "Suzaku One", touched down at Valtheim International. For around twenty-one years, Peter had been Emperor of Achkaerin, presiding over an era of prosperity and coinciding in part with Daitō's own Antei era. Like his father's rule, Peter was abdicating due to trouble with his health, although the late Emperor Antei was never in a coma, rather suffering from GBS before his tragic death in 2021. The similarities were, frankly speaking, uncanny. Still, the coronation of an Achkaerinese Emperor or Empress was nothing new to him; he had, after all, been in the country when Peter took the throne, back in 2002. That being said, he was still a mere child back then, and his memory of the event was somewhat faint, being twenty-one years ago and all. He was still surprised, though not by the event itself, that it had come again so quickly. If someone had asked him even a year ago, he would've said it'd be at least another twenty or so years before Serenity was crowned, and yet, here he was.

To think, it was supposed to be a day of celebration. Certainly, it was a matter of necessity, to ensure the continuity of government in lieu of the now-Emperor Emeritus, now comatose. And in a way, it was a bookend to not merely an era in Achkaerinese history, but in his life too. As a boy, spending a great many years in Achkaerin, he had come to respect Peter much as a child would their parent. He had taught him so much, instilled in him many of the values which he held dear to this way. Thus, he couldn't help but feel... odd, about the day's festivities. Sorta like how he himself felt the day that he became Emperor, bringing an end to the Antei era and the reign of his father, albeit in a greatly diminished manner.

Before he and Mayumi stepped out onto the stair-car, Eijirō stopped for a moment, taking the time to adjust his uniform—a modification of the standard c, upon which rested proudly the various accoutrements and trappings of his station and service. At his side, as was his right both as Emperor and an officer in the Imperial Armed Forces, was a sword, a Tachi in the kazari style, decorated richly with symbols associated with his station.
   "Are you ready?" Mayumi asked gently, turning to look at her husband.
   "As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose." Eijirō replied, glancing out of the window and onto the tarmac, where the welcoming committee was waiting. "It's just... strange, being back here."
   "...As Emperor?"
   "No." Eijirō said, bluntly. "Not because of that. It's just... Well, I don't know how to put it, but—" He paused. "—The Achkaerinese Royal Family and our own have been close for many years, now. As you know, I spent many years here, ostensibly for my education, but in that time, I came to have a certain... appreciation, we'll say, for the country, as well as great respect for the family, and especially for Peter."
   "It's like you're saying goodbye to a father, isn't it?" Mayumi asked.
   "Seeing as he's not dead, not quite. It's just a change, a sudden one, though not unexpected." Eijirō said with a sigh. "We have nothing but the future to look forwards to, now."
   "Well, whatever the future may bring, I'm certain we shall face it together." Mayumi noted as they exited the aircraft.

It was quite the sight, Eijirō thought, as he stepped onto the stair-car. A fitting welcome for so many foreign guests, certainly on a day such as this. As he and Mayumi passed among the honor guard, Eijirō saluted, an act of respect for a long-time friend to the Empire as much as it was a matter of tradition. Eventually, he would finally greet Princess Esme.
   "It's a pleasure to see you, your Highness." He said with a slight bow.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 11:11:03 PM »
Empress Shizukesa followed just behind the Daitojin delegation, paying little mind or attention to them. The ties between Rokkenjima and Achkaerin were well recognized, the Empress met the Princess in a most solemn moment. "I wish to convey the fullest condolences of the People of Rokkenjima in Emperor Peter's trying times," she said as one of her entourage presented a box. "My people have faith that Adora helps those in times of illness or injury through music, the notes played singing to the inflicted from the cosmos beyond our understanding. While I have full faith in the Crown Princess it would be remiss of me to not consider Emperor Peter, and as such I present this box for him. Our collective prayers are with him, the Crown Princess, and your family in these most trying of days."

Meanwhile Beatrice, who had been granted some time away from her now home, would enter via manners not available to foreign dignitaries. With Lucinda at her side Beatrice found herself getting lost in Lucinda's embrace, whereas she once felt within her element at such matters of state and social functions she had developed great social anxiety during her time in Achkaerin. She held out hope that Peter would arise from this, however, she also felt it was necessary to show her support and offer comfort if needed, to Serenity. "You're fine, you may now remove your nails from the flesh of my arm," Lucinda said with a slight smirk, "no one here will hurt you. Even so, if they merely wished to, you know what I'm capable of. Either way, you're in good hands, now show me a sigh and let's move on."

With an exaggerated sigh Lucinda nodded, "Very well, see, you're good. Let us proceed."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 11:44:12 PM »

The next to arrive was Brzdmtsveli Ketevan from the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo. She smiled to herself as she saw from the distance some of the delegations which had just arrived before them. Ketevan was accompanied by her husband, Vazha Chiaureli, in her first travel abroad since she became head of state.

"I'm glad to personally greet you again", Ketevan told Esme, who she had met back during the Azavrelia Mundus Games. "We, of course, offer our solidarity for your brother's situation. It is not something we could have imagined when we had the honour to be your hosts back then. I can only hope that these days begin a new chapter in your nation that brings as much success and prosperity to your nation as the present one".

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 08:44:35 PM »
Serenity was just about to go and get ready herself when Astrid bounded into the room with Evelyn not far behind "Well don't you look adorable." Serenity said also signing the words given Astrid's deafness. She glanced up at Evelyn "I think your carriage is leaving in a few minutes." this was the logistics from the Palace end, those resident in the Palace were transported to the Temple of the Daughters in one of two ways, most like Evelyn were going in advance of the ceremony and using carriages to take them the distance, this would eventually be followed by the procession of the Nobles before the final party from the Marble Palace made their way there, it was very similar to a military operation in how everything was done in stages at specific times. So stage one, purely for logistics and such was gathering all the international guests at the Temple which was why Evelyn was higher up the departure list than might have otherwise been the case. "I won't be far behind." Serenity added "For now though I really need to go and get dressed for this."

At the airport Esme wasn't disappointed she'd rehearsed on the assumption that East Moreland's reputation would continue and sure enough the first guests in front of her were David and Stasya "Very nice to see both of you." Esme said smiling to both of them "It's a very weird day and it's going to be a very odd coronation for certain reasons to do with how we got here but the people responsible for writing the order of the ceremony and the various legal eagles have assured us that it stands up so it should go off without a hitch." she paused "Please feel free to visit Peter if you wish I'm sure he'd appreciate it and maybe conversation will help things get better." she smiled and with the help of a nearby steward directed the Morelanders to one of many waiting cars for the trip to the Temple. It would undoubtedly mean a lot to Serenity that David was there as East Moreland was regarded as Achkaerin's closest ally for many reasons.

Next up was another familiar face, Eijiro, upon his greeting Esme smiled "Weren't you this high last time we saw each other?" she put her hand palm down just above her waist before returning his bow, her moment of fun over for the most part "And you got married as well." Esme said greeting Mayumi "Welcome to Achkaerin, I wish it was under better circumstances but it is what it is. If you'll follow this steward he'll take you to your car." as the steward directed the Daito party Esme momentarily shook her head, she'd watched Eijiro grow up alongside her niece, nephew and own children and that Daito and Achkaerin were going to be ruled by two of them in what was relatively speaking a short space of time was an interesting twist of fate.

Turning her attention back to the incoming guests, Esme now found herself dealing with someone she knew to only be a Rokkenjiman Princess but who for the next few hours had to treat as if she were Empress, taking the music box Esme smiled "I'm sure he will appreciate everything." she said "I have been asked to advise you that there's a personal matter that the incoming Empress wishes to discuss with you and your sister after the festivities for the day are done and that it's in your interests to be there." as she had with the others Esme handed the Rokkenjiman's over to a steward who got them to the cars.

Ketevan was a welcome face, Esme smiled once again, "That's what we hope to see as well." Esme said "I am told that Serenity intends to sign Achkaerin's agreements with your nation into law tomorrow, it got held up because of current circumstances." it was an odd thing, Achkaerin's democracy was a very robust machine but there had been no planning for every eventuality, laws had to be signed by the Monarch and the Monarch wasn't able to do so it was of course one of the reasons they were doing this. Esme pointed Ketevan to the cars and then turned to the next guest.

The trip for the guests from the airport to the Temple of the Daughters would take about thirty minutes, in truth it would normally take twenty but the last part of it saw their convoy picked up by a section of the Royal Guard, today sporting their more familiar green jackets as they rode their horses down the road to the Temple, this was intended as a sign of respect it also assisted logistically as the Royal Guard had no ceremonial purpose until Serenity got to the point of approaching the Temple itself but needed to move from point A to point B, so horses paraded in front while behind members of the Guard marched, carrying rectangular shaped shields in one hand and a Achkaerinese lance in the other. Upon arrival at the Temple the Guard on horseback continued on to their holding area while the cars parked up and the guests got out, the Guard on foot stood around the front of the Temple to either side of the steps, not obstructing the steps up to the door but getting into position for their role in the days events. As Esme led the guests from the airport and the now arrived Evelyn into the Temple, the cars left the area clearing the front of the temple for the ceremonial arrivals that were to come. The Temple interior was huge, normally only two thirds of it were used, as implied by an altar that appeared to be positioned in the middle of the laid out seating, the far end of the Temple had the feature that was the focal point of what was to come - a ring of water with a platform in the middle on which was a wooden chair, surrounding most of the ring was what looked like a ring of stone, it was actually wood with stone effect however. The rest of the temple's architecture saw each of the sides, not including the front side, feature a large stained glass window illustrating one of the three Achkaerinese Goddess's the wall behind the 'throne' had a window dedicated to Namis, to the west from that position was one to Kisara and to the east was one dedicated to Xiaoyu.

"Honoured guests." Esme said "The area cordoned off with blue ribbon at the front is where you'll be seated for the ceremony, there are many stewards who can assist you with various things during the event should you require it. I know some of you." her eyes went from Eijiro to Kyoko and then drifted to a different area where Beatrice was sat for a moment "Were here the last time this was done however this is a very different set of circumstances now to what it was then, normally when Achkaerin crowns a Monarch we're giving the title holder over one part of the Empire title over the other parts at least as far as tradition goes that is what we do. Serenity is not Duchess of Rosemoor, she only obtains that title upon the death of her father, so today you will see a unique circumstance in that the title holders over the parts of the Empire will proclaim one who has no such title as their leader, this has never happened before. The ceremony itself is broadly speaking in four stages - the entry, the pledges of the Crown, the affirmation of the people and of the nobles and then the pledge of allegiance from the military. Following all of that the ceremony will conclude and the days events will continue back at the Palace with the Coronation Ball to which you are all invited." She glanced at her watch for a moment "We've got about ninety minutes until we all have to be in our seats, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have or you can look around if you want to, but please make sure to be in your seats when the bells ring."

OOC - Anyone can still jump in but if doing so please assume you arrived at the airport with the others who turned up there as that helps the flow.

Offline Snow

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Snowforest Valley
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 12:00:29 AM »
King Aldwin and Queen Hilde had perhaps one of the longest journeys to Achkaerin and as a result they suspected they'd see a similar climate. The duo both felt a little nervous this being their first large scale international event. The pair had arrived just before the cars headed off and Aldwin made sure to tell his staff not to leave things so last minute. There were some big name attendees in the recent diplomatic history of Mundus and Aldwin was making a tick list of who he wanted to have conversations with. They'd made the obligatory small talk with Esme and then enjoyed the trip to the Temple. Hilde was interested in exploring the Temple a little before it filled and so the duo wandered off after Esme explained a bit about the ceremony.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 12:40:40 AM »
Pharaoh Akasha made what was, for her, a rather low-key enterance. Emperor Peter was a man who had earned her respect and, with it, forged what Clysperis considered a unique relationship. Whereas at one time the future of her Kingdom wasn't truly within her hands with the help of the Emperor and the confidence instilled within her by Serenity, she couldn't stand by and not offer her support and understanding to the Achkaerinese. To those ends ensuring that she did not draw undue attention was her priority.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2023, 10:45:50 AM »
Queen Natalya had arrived with a significant entourage, as was of course befitting the Queen of Lodja. With her was three of her Ladies in Waiting, Lord of the Conclave Lubos Kubik and in her opinion most importantly the Maori army officer Lt.Hahona Mere. The Maori had become her friend when she'd lived as the daughter of an ambassador to the Commonwealth however now they had begun a romantic relationship. This however though was the first function that the relationship was being publicly displayed. The Queen of course was attired in her pale blue dress with gold thread making swirling patterns. The group passed through the formalities at the airport with Princess Esme before heading to the Temple. The Queen spied the Morelanders and her friend Stasya and so made their way over where she introduced Hahona to King David.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2023, 11:57:59 PM »
The minutes had ticked by while the guests took in the Temple the remainder of the pieces had clicked into place nine processions, those of the nobles, had converged on the Temple one at a time, these were the nine title holders including one proxy for the purposes of the day but it was nevertheless the usual sight of nobles on horseback with soldiers in ceremonial dress riding behind them, banners on show, and in front of them bands marched playing music associated with the various parts of the Empire. The procession under the Rosemoor banner had brought many of the remaining members of the Royal family to the Temple as well.

There was however one last procession to come from the Marble Palace, it was a small one, only a handful of people involved on horseback - Serenity led it, dressed in a white dress a cord belt around her waist held a sheathed katana style sword and hunting dagger, she also wore an icy blue cloak, which was fastened in place by two brooches the first was a miniature version of the torque given to her as a wedding present by Nya Aland, made of fine silver and cascading blue enamelling in flowers, the second brooch was also made of silver and featured in the same blue enamel the insignia of the Ngāti Paoa iwi, the iwi that had essentially adopted Achkaerin into it. Around her neck hung her amulet of sovereignty, that which symbolized her authority as Queen of Revana. Riding with her on this short journey were her brother Simon, wearing his Air Force dress uniform and her cousin Sakura wearing a purple dress, then there was Astrid and her sister Lisa both riding small ponies and finally Astrid's sign language interpreter Val. The small group made their way through the streets towards the Temple and it would be about now that the Temple bell rang, alerting those within to take their seats while outside the Temple those waiting members of the Royal Guard formed a shield wall with their lances protruding from it, essentially blocking the access to the Temple.

With the guests seated it was only a matter of moments before proceedings began, standing at the front of the Temple was Captain Cianna Higgins, the commander of the Royal Guard who marched up the central aisle to the doorway, it was all timed to coincide with Serenity's arrival in front of the temple stepping to the entrance Cianna took a deep breath "Halt!" She bellowed "Who comes?"
"Serenity Azurewind" came Serenity's reply she was speaking into a microphone so she was heard over the speakers inside the Temple "Crown Princess of Achkaerin, Queen of Revana, Countess of Midvale, member of the Ngāti Paoa iwi, daughter of the first sacred bloodline."
"Part the wall" Cianna ordered, the shields parted forming the guard of honor up the steps now as Serenity's party walked up them. Once inside Serenity waited at the back just inside the entrance while the rest of her party headed down the aisle to take their seats.

Now it began in earnest the moment everyone was now finally seated the military band stood off to one side struck up the first piece of music as they played Serenity made her way down the aisle at the altar halfway down the aisle she was met by Alexis Minette, the High Priestess of the Cult of Namis, wearing the white and gold robes that went with her office, it was Alexis who led Serenity down the remainder of the aisle when they got to the front Serenity stood on the small 'bridge' in the water doughnut facing those gathered while Alexis stood slightly to the side of that.
"Your Majesties, Your Royal Highness's, Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen." Alexis said "Today we come together to celebrate and witness the coronation of Serenity Azurewind as Empress of Achkaerin, for the history buffs amongst you she will become the youngest monarch this nation has ever had by just under a year. It's been said many times in the build up that this is a most unusual coronation for this nation. We begin with the pledge of the Crown, which is what we call the formal promises made and witnessed by all here."

Alexis turned to Serenity and took a few breaths "Your Highness, in front of all these witnesses gathered here today I ask you to make the promises of the Crown." Alexis said "Will you govern and serve the peoples of Achkaerin in accordance with law and custom?"
"I will." Serenity replied
"Will you uphold and defend the Constitution, our democracy and our laws?" Alexis asked
"I will." Serenity said
"Will you exercise mercy and grace in rendering judgement according to the laws of this world and the next?" Alexis asked
"I will." Serenity said
"Will you with the utmost of your strength and power maintain that this is a nation where all are equal and free regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation. Where all have the right to express their opinion and where the rights of the people to such are inviolable?" Alexis asked
"I will." Serenity said
"Do you swear?" Alexis asked
"All of these things I have declared I swear to." Serenity said, drawing the curved hunting dagger from its sheath "And my blood is my bond." she made a very shallow cut on her left hand and held her hand over the water so the blood could fall into the water.
"I invite the Consul, elected representative of the people to come forward, to give the affirmation of the people." Alexis said

The Consul was Michael Williams he walked from his seat to the front, buttoning up his suit jacket as he went before stopping a few steps from Serenity.
"I present to the Consul of the Government, he who was elected by the people to speak for the people, her Royal Highness Crown Princess Serenity Azurewind she has as is our custom  sworn the pledge of the Crown and therefore meets the criteria to be Empress, what say you?" Alexis asked.
"We the people say she is worthy and swear our allegiance" Michael said "And our blood is our bond." it was Serenity who offered Michael the dagger and he did exactly as she had, a small cut, a few drops of blood into the water before handing Serenity back the dagger before looking at her "I present to you." he continued "The ring of the Empress, symbol of the office you will hold from this day forward." the ring was fairly simple just silver band with different jewels on it and the inscription on the reverse of the band that identified what it was. He placed it on Serenity's finger.
"And I return to you the elected representative of the people the Swords of the Crown." Serenity said, these were two swords, silver blades and gold handles they were usually found one in the Senate Chamber and the other in the Noble Moot as symbols of the Crown, those bodies only sat when these swords were present in those chambers. For the day's purposes two members of the Royal Household staff, all dressed up in their regalia took from a nearby table the two swords and brought them to the Consul, this was symbolic of the resumption of primarily the Senate's term, then they followed Michael back up the aisle.

"I now present to the Nine Grand Nobles, they who hold title over the constituent parts of this Empire, her Royal Highness Crown Princess Serenity Azurewind she has as is our custom  sworn the pledge of the Crown and received the affirmation of the people and therefore meets the criteria to be Empress. I invite you now to make your affirmation." Alexis said "Aelmoor what say you?" This was the moment that Kristina Ayanami stood up and made her way forward, she as a Cult of Helus follower not to mention distant cousin to King David, had her sword at her waist but she carried another in her hand, this was the sword of mark for Aelmoor. Keen observers would have noticed that Serenity's hand was on the handle of her own blade, this was another tradition of the day in pre Constitution days it was not unheard of for one of the Lords to use this moment as an opportunity to attempt to kill the would be Emperor or Empress. Upon reaching the ring of stone around the water doughnut, Kristina put the blade point down and drove it into a waiting slot.
"Aelmoor says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Kristina said "And my blood is my bond." she nicked her thumb on the sword and let the blood drop into the water.
"Awhaele" Alexis said "What say you?" now just as Kristina had Queen Siora Qivalur stood up and carried Awhaele's sword of mark to the next spot in the stone ring she drove it in.
"Awhaele says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Siora said "And my blood is my bond." she nicked her thumb on the blade and let the blood drip down to the water.
"Greencliffe" Alexis said "What say you?" this was the moment that Emma Elsif stepped forwards, this was to be a significant moment the Elsif house had essentially been banished into exile since the Achkaerinese civil war in the early 1700's and then reinstated in 2015 when Emma had come home, as such they'd never sworn in this manner. Emma walked to her spot and drove the sword into place.
"Greencliffe says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Emma said "And my blood is my bond." she nicked her finger on the blade and let the blood flow.
"Icebridge" Alexis said "What say you?" now it was the turn of Martin Silvermist to stand and move forwards he put the sword he carried in place
"Icebridge says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Martin said "And my blood is my bond." he did as the others had done and nicked the blade to cut himself before letting the blood drip into the water.
"Rockmount" Alexis said "What say you?", this meant it was the turn of Antonio Gliss to step forwards, going to his spot he put the sword in place.
"Rockmount says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Antonio said "And my blood is my bond" he nicked his thumb on the blade and let the blood drip into the water.
"Rosemoor" Alexis said "What say you?"

This was the likely unique moment, typically all but one of these lands swore allegiance due to the person being crowned being the last of the title holders but not this time, for while Serenity would be Empress in a few moments time she was not yet Duchess of Rosemoor that would only come to her when her father died so now Rosemoor had to swear to her, which presented the next problem Peter was in a coma but his wife Renee Azurewind was present and it was she who stood carrying the sword of mark for Rosemoor, she put the sword in place. "Rosemoor says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Renee said "And my blood is my bond." she nicked her thumb on the blade and let the blood drip into the water.
"Silverlea" Alexis said "What say you?" now Olivia Leonidas stepped forward and put her sword of mark in place
"Silverlea says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Olivia said "And my blood is my bond." she nicked her finger and let the blood flow down to the water.
"Snowflower" Alexis said "What say you?" Snowflower was the ceremonial term for the area of land that constituted Gowu's territory so it was Chief Councillor Xiaoling Tsu who stood and bore the sword of mark, she went to the eighth spot and put the sword in place.
"Snowflower says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Xiaoling said "And my blood is my bond." she nicked her thumb on the sword and let the blood drip into the water.
"And finally Southvale" Alexis said "What say you?" the final of the title holders was Leonardo Amberbrook he stood and carried Southvale's sword of mark to the final spot in the stone ring where he drove it into the provided slot.
"Southvale says she is worthy and swears allegiance." Leonardo said "And my blood is my bond." he nicked his thumb on the blade and let the blood fall into the water.

Alexis turned her attention back to those watching "I now present to the commanders of our valiant warriors, they who we call the Brave, those who fight to defend this Empire, friends, allies and values abroad, her Royal Highness Crown Princess Serenity Azurewind she has as is our custom sworn the pledge of the Crown, received the affirmation of the people and the affirmation of the Nine Grand Nobles and therefore meets the criteria to be Empress. I invite you now to make your pledge." Walking down the aisle now was the most senior officer in the Achkaerinese military Field Marshall William Dawson, in his dress uniform and carrying an Achkaerinese lance, that was clearly more ceremonial and distinctive than the ones the Royal Guard used. He stopped in front of Serenity. "Field Marshall" Alexis continued "What say you?"
"On behalf of all those who serve I recognise Serenity Azurewind as Empress and Commander in Chief of the Achkaerinese military and swear loyalty to her as the head that wears the Crown." William said "I present the August Lance as symbol of her office and authority to command." he handed Serenity the lance before drawing his own ceremonial dagger "And my blood is my bond." he did as all those before him had done, he cut his hand and let blood drop into the water.

The ceremony was now into its final act as the crown was brought forward by Cianna, like the ring and the swords of mark it had been made especially for this occasion, it was made of glass and designed to resemble being made of ice. The once clear water was now very much red, Alexis indicated for Serenity to sit on the chair behind her in the centre of the water doughnut as the crown reached her. Alexis turned to the congregation again "Your Majesties, Royal Highness's, Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you her Royal Highness Crown Princess Serenity Azurewind she has as is our custom sworn the pledge of the Crown, received the affirmation of the people and the affirmation of the Nine Grand Nobles, received the loyalty of our warriors and therefore meets the criteria to be Empress. With all conditions met and by the authority granted to me..." she raised the crown high turning back to Serenity "I crown you Empress Serenity of Achkaerin." she brought the crown down onto Serenity's head who smiled a little "Long may she reign."
"Three cheers for Her Majesty the Empress." Cianna said "Hip hip."
"Hooray!" came the response from those present
"Hip hip" Cianna said
"Hip hip" Cianna said

Now the band struck up once again this time with a different piece of music as Serenity, still with the crown on her head but having handed the lance off to a member of the Royal Household staff processed back up the aisle as she approached the Temple doors she smiled more broadly because there he was, the hallucination she'd been expecting to see earlier but despite being a figment of her imagination being able to picture her deceased husband Isaac there wearing that red and gold jacket of his, that in truth hung in her wardrobe, meant something as did the bow and cheeky smile the said figment of her imagination gave her as she passed by. Waiting for her for the return journey to the Palace was a horse drawn carriage and Royal Guard escort, she would ride with her daughters and Val while the rest of the family took other carriages, the procession back would also see the resumption of the national flag flying across the land where the flags of the constituent nations had been flying for the last few weeks as things had built to this day.

Inside the Temple Esme, somehow controlling being the proud aunt, allowed the international guests some time to move around, look at the swords and what was essentially a pool of blood at this point before getting them together "We're about to head to the Palace for the Coronation Ball" she said "Which is basically a reception where you can speak with the Empress, have a dance, eat, drink and socialise. If ypu're wondering about something you've just seen the various people who've been involved in the ceremony will be there and will be more than happy to answer your questions. If you'll follow me." she led the guests outside to where the cars were waiting to take them to the Marble Palace.

Having now arrived at the Palace attention for Serenity shifted to the rather large ballroom, the music was already playing and her daughters as well as her nieces were already dancing while they waited for their guests to join them. Simon stood next to his sister giving her a supportive squeeze on the shoulder, originally this would have been his day but ever since he'd returned from captivity he'd watched Serenity grow, seen how she'd become one of Mundus's foremost international figures and diplomats, he'd known for a while that when the time came the country would be in safe hands with her and he was very proud of her.

When Esme arrived with the guests Serenity greeted each of them before pointing them into the ballroom, there was food and music awaiting them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 11:04:49 AM by Achkaerin »

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2023, 04:47:23 PM »
As Serenity could probably predict the first car to arrive at Marble Palace, it had been a close run thing as David had to make the decision between punctuality and looking at swords, two things that for Morelanders was equally difficult to pick between.  As they arrived David first helped his wife, Stasya, from the car. For today the Queen's attire was positively conservative for a ball and for that David breathed a sigh of relief. As David approached Serenity he took from one of his aides a package. "Empress Serenity" David said, "I hope you understand when I say I had hoped I would be a much older man when I had to do this" The package was a book, a tradition of sorts that David had begun. "Its a special edition of Dr.Merrimans encyclopaedia of monarchs." A yellow post it note marked a page and David turned it so the page was open. It showed a picture of Serenity from an event in Achkaerin last year there was no information other than just her picture and her name. "I asked the publishers to leave the pages blank, this way you can record all your own endeavours and I hope there are many of them." He handed the book over. "I suspect you're about to have a busy evening. I do hope you find the time to enjoy it because tomorrow everythings going to change, rest assured though the friendship between our two nations won't be one of them." The King gave a small bow and smile and headed past allowing the new Empress to conduct her business.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2023, 11:44:23 PM »
   Eijirō and his entourage followed shortly behind the Morelanders; unsurprisingly, given the nature of the event, the Emperor had been keen to be on time for any event here. Joined by Mayumi, he would step forwards and greet Empress Serenity Azurewind—how strange it felt, thinking about her in that fashion—with a bow.
   "Your Imperial Majesty," he said with a smile. "I must admit, it is rather strange to think we're standing here, today of all days. Given the circumstances, I find myself left conflicted as to whether I should offer my sympathies or congratulations." He paused a moment, looking around the room. "Truthfully, I didn't expect to be back here so soon, not for this, anyways." He said, finally motioning to two of his aides, who carried gifts for the new Empress of Achkaerin. "A sword, a tachi forged much like my own in the kazari style. This sword shall, in a way, represent the vow I give you that, come what may, we are prepared to offer our support to the Achkaerinese people going into this new era." He said before ushering the other aide to come forwards. "As for this, I apologize that it is on such short notice, but, given everything, I believe you have earned it." Eijirō once again paused, taking a note from the aide and quickly reading over it before, as he took a deep breath, returning it to its rightful holder and reciting "Empress Serenity Azurewind, on behalf of the Empire of Daitō and its most noble Diet, I grant you the Collar of the Grand Order of the Chrysanthemum, conferring upon you the rights and privileges that are borne with it in recognition of your station and the services that you have provided to the International Community. Wear it with pride, and know that you are, henceforth, seen as a friend to the people of the Yamato state.", after which he would hand her the collar, its golden chain and enamel finish shining in the light of the room. With that, the Emperor bowed once more, and he and his entourage moved on.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 06:26:17 PM by Daitō »