Author Topic: Coronation Chat #2 - Daito  (Read 2059 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Coronation Chat #2 - Daito
« on: May 02, 2023, 05:27:13 PM »
The day after the coronation was actually quite a nice one, considering that the climate was usually either harsh or slightly harsh this was after all the 'frozen north' for Serenity this was day one of business and she had a fair list of meetings to get through, mostly dignitaries from other nations but there were a few domestic ones, she was quite thankful that the coronation hadn't occurred a few weeks later because then the Covenant Address would have been forcing its way into the equation. This little chat with Eijiro was not one that particularly worried Serenity either, after all the Emperor of Daito had largely grown up in the Marble Palace, he was practically family. This wasn't really about grand diplomacy either it was just a little opportunism there were things in the pipeline, things that were lined up that gave her the chance to raise them with Eijiro while he was actually in the country. Due to her other meetings she'd arranged for Eijiro to meet her in what might seem an odd place - her garage come workshop, it was where her collection of cars lived, some were high end sports and super cars others were restoration jobs.

Stepping into the garage Serenity smiled "Like it?" she said with a slight giggle as she saw Eijiro admiring one of the vehicles "She's a fast one, corners great, a little bit of engine modding to get a little extra power out of her..." she stopped herself "Anyway I don't think we're here to talk cars, I think we're here to talk about the future. The landscape is far different now than what it was but there's always no accounting for every eventuality. That said I have a bit of an opportunity for you if you're interested." she paused "And then perhaps we talk about the more serious issue."

OOC - if anyone wants to have a little chat with Serenity do let me know and I'll get it sorted.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: Coronation Chat #2 - Daito
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 11:40:21 PM »
   Admiring. That was one way of putting it, Eijirō thought as he looked at the vehicle. While he was never much of a "petrolhead", he had to admit it was a nice looking car. Though he cared less for its capabilities, he figured, provided the circumstances were reversed, he could go on and on about the capabilities and inner-workings of the J-7 or J-14. Oh, how he missed those days, back when he flew for the navy... But that was behind him now. Now, he had the unique opportunity to shape the world for the better. The question was, what kind of world would he want future generations to grow up in? There were a great many ills which plagued the world, evils which needed to be excised. There was one thing in particular which he knew had to be done away with, and he also knew that it was something Serenity felt strongly about as well.

With a nod, he said "I agree. I must admit, current measures to combat human trafficking and slavery in general are... Not working, not nearly to the degree they need to." He sighed as he turned away from the car. "Certainly, there are options we can try, potentially exploit the brain drain in Tamora, for example, but even then, I have my doubts. Certainly a better option than some which I've heard over the years, though."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 07:26:04 PM »
"The direct approach is all we're left with, but full scale military invasion leads to failure." Serenity said "Quite the puzzle isn't it? The great irony of that is that to eradicate it by such measure and uphold human rights would also arguably breach the MCUR so different measures are required. The Iwi have the critical success in this, a raid that freed slaves, where Mundus was cautious Piripi was bold. If you ask me there's a need to take the global issue and Tamora as two separate issues to a point, tactically speaking measures to counter human trafficking do produce results Operation Wren for example we stop plenty of vessels and more often than not it's criminal gangs trafficking people for in effect slave labor but they are obviously not state actors which is where we have to factor Tamora into the equation, this isn't a gang, it's a state with all the apparatus of a state, an equipped and trained sizable military and it has allies. The sledgehammer that's been advocated for by many notable people won't work instead something far more subtle is needed, but perhaps the fact that Tamora is a state is what becomes our advantage, history is a wonderful teacher and story teller and if there's one thing I've learned over the years there's what you say but far more importantly what you don't say, secrets are baggage and if not carefully managed have the potential to become long forgotten powder kegs with a fuse ready to be lit. I'm making no promises but you may have noticed a little mention about the Queen of Attica in our press, when I look at the problem of slavery within Tamora I see her very much as a key piece to the puzzle."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 10:34:57 PM »
   The Queen of Attica, Queen Saroyan, was not someone who Eijirō had personally met, although he was aware of who she was. There was talk about her opposition to slavery within Tamora, even if it didn't exactly translate to actual policy. More importantly, in his eyes anyways, was the matter of the Kingdom's status within Tamora; having only been conquered some sixty-five years ago, there were still those who remembered it being an independent state, and since then, it still maintained a spirit unique among the occupied peoples of Tamora. Yes, Serenity was right, they could be, as she put it, a "key piece to the puzzle". If, hypothetically, it were able to break away from Tamora, the shockwaves it would send throughout the country, perhaps the region as a whole, could be considerable. Of course, whether it could keep its independence was another matter entirely, as such a challenge to the Imperial Enclave would never go unanswered.
   "Divide and conquer. Turn them on one another, foster distrust among the average Tamoran." Eijirō said after a moment, taking the chance to think over what he said. "Take Attica, for example. They've long shown themselves to have an... independent streak, I suppose you might say. If they were to try and break free, yes they'd be facing the rest of Tamora, but if they were able to hold? What then? Think about what that would do to the Safavids, their legitimacy in ruling? Who's to say there wouldn't be others who, seeing the success—assuming they were able to manage it—Attica would have achieved, decided to try and strike out on their own?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 04:16:00 PM »
"It's the longest of long games, but because we know a military invasion ends in ruin either during the conflict or due to what would be a certain uprising in the event of victory it's the sort of course we have left." Serenity said "It's also something that needs a significant amount of preparation, if Queen Saroyan is a piece then Attica is the board and that board isn't set yet, there are things that must be done first before we can even think about this. With that said if we get to the point where this move can be made then it can be done in a manner that makes Abbas think twice about reprisals." she took a breath "It's a gamble but the stronger the Queen's position the higher the chance of success. Combine that with a slight change in tactics and one way or the other progress can be made and maybe we level the playing field."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 08:02:52 AM »
   A peculiar predicament, though not unworkable. A country which projected a veneer of strength, but which was, at its very core, deeply divided. A people which would be better off free, bound to an oppressive regime which didn't represent him. Boy, the DTS would love to get their hands involved in it, he was sure of that. Throughout the last century, they'd been allegedly involved in a number of coups and rebellions, but taking down Tamora, or even weakening it so significantly? That would be a prize any officer would love—and hate—to get their hands on. It would be an easy enough task to disrupt the infrastructure in the country, Eijirō quietly noted, assuming there was some militia operating in Attica anyways, but what about strengthening her position? That was... tricky, to say the very least.
   "Well, what would you recommend, then? Obviously we'll need contacts, and not just with Saroyan herself. Any key personnel in Attica we need to know of, try to win over to 'her' side?" The Emperor asked, arms crossed. "And of course, are there any assets in Tamora that may prove useful in this endeavor?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 06:45:17 PM »
"The advantage we have is that Tamora have been rather more 'obvious' about things than might be expected both in this century and previously. The annexation in 1958 saw an exodus of sorts, loyal Attican people including elements of their military fled abroad, their descendants are out there and 1958 is not so long ago that the memory fades either, it's not twenty generations later it's two or three maybe four. Knowing they exist has the potential to answer one question how we strengthen her position. If we got to the point of Attica declaring itself independent then the immediate question is 'can it hold off Tamora and probably others?' first concern is that Attica has no military of its own, at the moment its military is Tamora's military, however knowing that there are those of Attican descent outside of the country and clearly the idea of an independent Attica hasn't died within its borders means that while we travel this long road we can prepare a fighting force for that moment. There must also be a thorough look at 1958 and 2016, Tamora has always been good at spinning their own narrative let's find out the truth, find that and maybe we find a smoking gun, imagine being able to say that the annexation is not recognised, that you don't consider Attica part of Tamora. Do that with clear evidence, get the international support and strike a damaging blow to Djerb." Serenity said "It isn't the end of slavery but it's a heck of a step closer if we get there."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 04:26:12 PM »
   "Well, nobody's perfect, even if the Tamorans think otherwise. There's always a paper-trail, a way to make inroads, so to speak, with the right people." Eijirō said as he stroked his chin, before, with a nod, saying "If the records even exist still, given enough time and the right people, right contacts, too, I'm sure something could be found. But with Tamora being the state it is, while I have faith in my country's intelligence community, it is a rather big risk for something which we can't even be sure still exists. It's simply not the same as even helping to establish the VNA back in the '80s, because at least then, we had a clear goal for what we were looking for: The disruption of the People's Republic..." He paused for a moment, thinking over the other issue to consider.

"...Which brings us to the issue of how to train these Attican exiles. Obviously, we can't have them gather and be trained in either Daitō or Achkaerin, or frankly any country which is allied with them, for that matter." He continued, following it up with "With its current situation, what, with numerous militias practically running the country, Kalasin's honestly the perfect location. We still have a good working relationship with the government on Paechon, even if, due to the Confederation being established back in 2017, our alliance formally doesn't exist anymore. We could offer their service in helping to quell some of those militia groups, and in the meantime, our 'Free Attican Legion', as well as their trainers, can get some genuine experience with asymmetric warfare, not to mention simply getting combat experience in general."