Author Topic: Notice Of Intent - Clysperis on OPEN  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Notice Of Intent - Clysperis on OPEN
« on: May 23, 2023, 05:10:59 AM »

Nearly one month ago I issued a call to the Oil (and Gas) Producing Exporting Nations (OPEN) to "address the continued existence of slavery in the Tamoran Empire and work together to see that slavery is either abolished, or this organization disavows slavery fully and brings the Empire to account for the continued perpetuation of slavery." I called for a summit of OPEN members to "discuss these issues, to bring about a resolution on the matter, and make a firm decision on whether we, as an Organization, are comfortable with harbouring the largest supporter of slavery amongst our ranks." These calls have thus gone unheeded, with no communication from another member of OPEN on the matter in the aforementioned period of time, something which the Kingdom considers wholly unacceptable. As a nation guided by the wisdom and principles of Ma'at, and Ma'at herself being incompatible with the institutions of slavery and servitude, I am thus forced to take unilateral action in response to the deafening silence of the OPEN nations.

Should my calls not receive a response by the 31st of May the Kingdom of Clysperis will be forced to tender its resignation from OPEN. From such a date the Kingdom shall be open to cooperating with oil producers outside of OPEN to wholly and utterly undermine OPEN, and to ensure that the shared stain of slavery and servitude they have adopted through inaction is duly reflected upon each of them. The Gods are most clear: slavery is a sin which leaves a stain upon the very soul of those who engage, perpetuate or enable it, and I shall not allow our continued membership in OPEN to stand in stark contrast to our values. OPEN must make a decision: either it ties its fate to that of Tamora or it stands up and does what is right in confronting the scourges of slavery and servitude in all their forms. There is no middle position on this issue: you either stand for justice or you support the oppressors. Sometimes, it truly can be as simple as that and the Kingdom shall stand for justice against the oppressor regardless of what nation they hail from.

While this decision may be one which brings temporary hardship to the economic headwinds of the Kingdom I am confident that our cause is just, and as such I shall not relent, nor shall I choose that path which is easier. Either OPEN confronts the sordid conduct of the Tamoran Empire and addresses it with the full and due attention it deserves or it casts its lot with the Tamoran Empire, absent the membership of the Kingdom of Clysperis. My lines shall be open to those nations who choose freedom and the liberation of the human spirit over those who would constrain it in any manner.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Voice of Ma'at, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis