Author Topic: Ipsus Daily - News from Royal Seleucid  (Read 42231 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Ipsus Daily - News from Royal Seleucid
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:18:31 PM »

DESALINISATION PLANT INVESTMENT

King Arakos has today announced that the nation will invest in three new desalinization plants around the coast. The nation currently is able to produce 103% of the water the nation needs of the nation, however with a growing population it is expected that by 2022 there will be a shortage of fresh water unless something changed. The new plants will open on the Eastern coast and shall utilise solar power as a means of purifying the water, once completed the new plants will ensure the nation is able to meet 105% of its water needs. The extra water will, as always be bottled and a stockpile kept for emergency with the rest being exported.

The plants will take three years to build and it is hoped that they will create around 3,000 jobs. The King has also spoken of a plan to build a forth plant which would create water dedicated to a new irrigiation system designed to help take water to part of the desert allowing more farming. This would help the nation provide more food for the people meaning less is needed to be imported. The cost of this forth plant is to be meet by the royal family personally and is also expected to supply water to a newly created royal estate.

QUEEN KATERINA INJURED IN CAR CRASH

Queen Katerina, the King's 3rd and youngest wife, was yesterday injured in a car accident. The 30 year old mother of Prince Shahin was driving on the Highway out of the capital when she collided with the central reservation and then spun into another vehicle, the Queen's following security detail removed her from the vehicle and had her flown to Ipsus Royal Hospital. The driver of the other car was uninjured and taken by ambulance to the local hospital. It was later announced that the Queen has a slight concussion and a broken rib but is otherwise fine, she was released into the care of private household medical staff later that night.

According to eye witnesses the Queen was seemingly driving the King's Ferrari at high speed when she lost control, this was despite having a Security vehicle in front and behind her. This is not the first time the Queen has been alleged to have been speeding, last year a speed camera caught her doing 145mph on the Highway when the limit is 80mph.

It is thought the King rushed to her bed side and remained with her until discharged. The Royal Household have refused to comment on the incident only saying. "The King is concerned for his wife, he will be cancelling public appearances until convinced she is well."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Ipsus Daily - News from Royal Seleucid
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 05:24:50 PM »

KING PLANNING 4th WIFE

With the King announcing that he has sent his son Prince Heydar to attend a religious event in the Eccelastical State it was today confirmed that King Akakois is aiming to follow a more international approach. Since the failed coup attempt which lead to the Cult of Helus genocide the King has not really engaged with other nations, preferring instead to get his Kingdom in order. With that task seemingly achieved an insider from the Royal Family today confirmed that the King is looking to add a 4th wife and that he has not ruled out looking overseas. An advisor within the palace said, "The King has a desire to leave a dynasty that is stable and strong, to do that he requires as many children as possible to take on roles within the nations government. While he has been blessed with five wonderful children he is still excited about the prospect of being a father again. It is hoped that Queen Katerina will bless the King once more with a son but he is also aware of the great diplomatic connections a foreign marriage can bring."

The advisor went on the explain that the King has instructed a royal genologist to begin examining the backgrounds of Mundus' major monarchies and nobility to find a suitable mate. The adviser went on to say, "There are many beautiful Princesses and noble ladies out there who are single, we are aware for example that Empress Evanthe is currently unmarried and very much someone the King would take an interest in, as is Archduchess Sophie of East Moreland, both these ladies would be a marvellous addition to the dynasty."

The King has also apparently instructed members of his court to begin examining potential husbands for his daughters Princess Afrodititu (aged 24) and Princess Thekla (Aged 18). The King has also, according to our sources, not ruled out a foreign marriage for either of his daughters.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:05:46 PM »

CROWN PRINCE IN SURPRISE VISIT TO COANCHUA

It was announced today that Crown Prince Hadi spent much of yesterday visiting Coanchua. The nation has been the scene of various scuffles between rebel and government forces in the past few weeks and the visit was kept secret until the Crown Prince was out of Coanchua airspace. The heir to the Seleucid throne was acting both in his capacity as a Royal Prince but also the nations finance minister and was accompanied by hand picked members of the press, including Ipsus Newspaper. Crown Prince Hadi started his day off visiting with President Leolani discussing the current situation in Coanchua before meeting with various members of the business community.

One of the key topics of conversation was the Marigold Accord and the Royal Seleucid continued support for the long standing agreement. In a short public appearence alongside President Leolani the Crown Prince stated, "The Accord has created a stable region that has thrived under various trade routes by major business. If I was from Coanchua I'd be exceptional excited at the prospects the nation has, it stands ready under Leolani's excellent leadership to take advantage of its geopolitical position and make itself a serious global trade player. I know back home we are keen to extend our already warm relations with this wonderful nation and I hope that perhaps my visit here today could be seen as a help in that matter."

It was thought that the Crown Prince has offered a wide range of trade and economic deals to Coanchua including reduction of various tariffs and the offer of investment in infrastructure. The Crown Prince flew back in a military transport plane and spent time talking to the troops on board, when he returned back to Seleucid he said, "I am thankful for today's meeting, visiting Coanchua or any other nation is always an exciting experience, to also have a chance to spend some time in the company of our brilliant armed forces is also a privilege I'd like to thank them for their company today." Later that evening the Crown Prince attended a banquet he hosted in honour of the Coanchua Ambassador to Ipsus at which his second wife Princess Korina was seen wearing an elaborate silk Marigold head decoration, something she explained was " a kind gift made to my husband by President Leolani's wife, however he believed it would look better in my hair than his. I would like to thank the people of Coanchua for such a lovely item."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 09:41:56 PM »

KING UNCONCERNED ABOUT "ARREST WARRANT"

Following reports that the Commonwealth of The Unified Iwi has issued an arrest warrant for King Akakois the monarch has spoken about the situation saying, "To me this is just an excuse by the Maori to try and bring a sympathetic eye to themselves. I have never fired a weapon at anyone in my life and in no way can be held responsible for the deaths caused in their war against us. Our nation helped establish a world class infastructure that today the Maori are reeping the rewards are, we only ever acted in the best interest of both Seleucid and Maori together. Since I took the throne in 1980 I only began a gentle withdrawal of our forces from that territory, yet despite our withdrawal we were brutally attacked, our security forces murdered. If such things as the Maori King claims took place then it would only have been isolated soldiers reacting in self-defence, it is sad to say such things happen in war from time to time. I can in no way be held responsible for the actions in the heat of the moment by men and women fearful for their own lives, as such issuing what is probably an illegal arrest warrant against me is laughable."

It was announced however that the King has increased security around himself and his family after a member of the Royal Seleucid Special Forces was kidnapped from a cruise ship in the Sea of Kyne several months ago. Despite widespread international condemnation the man was flown to the Iwi, placed on trial and brutally executed using a cocktail of drugs which resulted in a slow and painful death. The issuing of the arrest warrant is however unlikely to be taken seriously as the King would most likely be considered to have diplomatic immunity when travelling abroad and politically there are few nations beyond perhaps the CNN partners of The Iwi, namely East Moreland, Ui Cenneslaig and Lodja who would likely risk acting upon it. One source however did say, "This could make any potential overseas visit more difficult to arrange as extra reassurances must now by considered."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »

RSFA ASK FOR PLAYOFF TO BE RESCHEDULED

The Royal Seleucid Football Association has today officially asked the Mundus Football Association (MFA) to reschedule the upcoming fixture between the nation and The Commonwealth of The Iwi. The move comes amid "fears for the safety and security of Seleucid players" and has asked the MFA to schedule the game in neutral territory. A RSFA spokesman explained, "We have seen how several Seleucid citizens have been kidnapped, placed in kangaroo courts and murdered in public, yet now because of random draws we found 23 of our citizens being sent like lambs to the slaughter. There is a real possibility that the inhumane elements of The Iwi's government could entrap our team and hold them as political prisoners. This is a real concern and as such no player can be expected to give their best in this circumstances." The upcoming fixture is to determine which of the two sides progress to the world cup.

Team Manager Dariush Amjad has also spoken out, himself a former conscript who spent 6 months garrisoning Port Hunter in 1998, he stated, "As someone who was stationed there I have a genuine fear that if I go the authorities there, who are so hell bent on following an anti-Seleucid agenda, would arrest me and I'd be murdered. I was a young 18 year old conscript doing my 18 months mandatory service before concentrating on my football career. I had nothing to do with the situation there but that probably wouldn't matter to the Maori."

The second leg will take place in Ipsus and King Akakois has stated, "On our side we wish to be friends with people of all nations, despite the horrors the Maori have carried out against us in the last few months we look forward to welcoming their fans."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 10:24:48 PM »

SQUADRON LEADER ANTONIS ARRESTED FOR "IRREGULAR OPERATIONS" DURING IWI CONFLICT

Squadron Leader Musa Antonis, aged 67, was today arrested by the Military Police for what is being reported as "permitting irregular operations" during the nations conflict with the Commonwealth of the Iwi. Antonis is not presently on a list of people whom the Iwi have issued arrest warrants for, a list that includes King Akakois. The arrest comes following investigations by the Military Police into actions taken by the men and women on The Iwi's list intended, according to a spokesman for the Police, "to ensure that we can clearly, and honestly clear the names of the people from our nation who did their duty." The investigation discovered that Sqd.Ldr Antonis issued orders that aircraft returning to base following raid should dump all spare ordenance on "targets of opportunity" which included civilian settlements. One of the incidents that was revealed included the dropping of six free fall bombs on a village which killed 131 of the Iwi.

It has not yet been revealed whether Antonis would be handed over to the the Commonwealth of the Iwi. In recent months the Maori have executed two veterans of the Seleucid-Maori Wars including the King of the Iwi personally clubbing one man to death. The second execution saw a cocktail of drugs given to a veteran who died in agony on the execution table. It is therefore highly unlikely that Antonis would be handed over. It is expected that he will face a court-martial and should he be found guilty he could face the death penalty, however it is more likely to be a prison sentence would be the most likely outcome.

A representative of Antonis spoke briefly with the media saying, "Squadron Leader Antonis refutes these allegations. He served his nation proudly and yes he made some difficult calls, however he did nothing that was not sanctioned by those above him. I am confident that given his day in a fair court he will be found innocent and his proud name returned."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 10:58:06 PM »

RASHIDUN MEDIA ARE "SNOWFLAKES" SAYS THE KING

Following criticism of the royal family by an "un-named government official" and several Rashidun media outlets the King has spoken out. The report focused on an alleged incident during the Jewell of the Desert Festival where the Kings nephew Prince Danyal suffered injuries after been given punishment for causing offence to an unknown visitor. It is rumoured that the 18 year old required several stitches however the Prince has not spoken about the incident. The Rashidun News Agency printed a story calling Seleucid a "‘Barbaric’ and ‘Backward’ culture." as well as an un-named government official saying "This should be stopped by International Humanitarian groups".

There is no law prohibiting a head of a family using physical punishment to discipline his family however this seldom causes any long term injuries. The King spoke about the issue stating, "I have used and shall continue to use physical punishment where I see fit. I was not always a good son shall I say, as such I took the odd beating and it made me the respectful person I am today. I never recieved a smack I did not deserve and I act in much the same manner with my family. This foreign land should look to its own people before criticising us. It is like Rashidun is a nation of snowflakes worried about the minor things in life. They criticise me for teaching a young man respect for his guests, something vital in Seleucid, yet they did not write a single word when a King of The Iwi used a stone club to beat a man to death on a beach, or to criticise the same King for allowing his men to kidnap a citizen of my nation and poison him. These are the acts worthy of government officials time, not a gentle chastisement of my nephew."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 09:56:56 AM »

NPB TO UP PRODUCTION

Following an announcement by the government of Foxtrove that they are cutting exports of oil supplies the National Petroleum Board (NPB) has announced that its members will be increasing production. The Seleucid oil industry has been doing well over the last few years and their Chairman, Stelias Giouness, perceives this as an opportunity. "Our product is exceptional, it is a high quality and we have a ready supply. It is our hope that those who find themselves struggling because of Foxtrove shutting down their market to the outside world that they will give us here at the NPB a chance. I am confident that our prices and the fine quality of our product will help ensure that even when Foxtrove begin production again we can see some people remain with us, confident of our security of supplies."

It is estimated that around 75% of the NPC's output is exported around Mundus and that this will hopefully now increase.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »

KING TO TAKE 4th WIFE

King Akakois is set to marry his 4th wife in the coming days. It was revealed that during the Jewel of the Desert festival the King arranged to marry Lodjain noble woman Oksana Stasiuk, daughter of Ekatarina Stasiuk the Duchess of Potaki. The 23 year old is the heir to the Dukedom and is currently a Mayor of a city within the Duchy, a position she is likely to resign in the next few days in order to move fully to Royal Seleucid. The King, who is 37 years her senior, has yet to announce the details of the wedding which is likely to be a lower key affair than the previous ones he has had. His last wedding, to Katerina, featured five days of feasts and racing as well as a military parade by the Army through the streets of the capital. The King had previously spoken of his wish for more children and is likely to hope to announce a new royal pregnancy in the coming weeks following the marriage.

The King's 2nd wife, Queen Yanna, was also said to be happy, she spoke to the press as she attended an opera performance in Aqda, "I look forward to meeting my new sister wife, we are a large family with lots of love to share and I hope Oksana will find us a family willing to take her to our hearts. If she makes my beloved husband happy then I know she will be a wonderful woman."

"POPE A WEASEL" STATES PRINCE HEYDAR

The King's youngest son has gone on record with his thoughts about the Pope terminating the treaty between the Eccleastical State and Royal Seleucid. Prince Heydar, the 36 year old son of King Akakois and his first wife Queen Samira, was attending his weekly shrine when he spoke to the press. "We invited the Pope into our home, treated him like a friend and gave him many valuable gifts as marks of respect. He was the one who brought up a treaty between our two nations and my father was pleased that he accepted our counter proposals and was willing to begin a bright future for our two nations. Now the ink is still not dry and yet the man who is supposed to represent a faith which has matters such as keeping to your word as a central part has broken our treaty with no good cause. Our nation has not changed since he meet us in the desert, our nation has broken no international law, attacked no one and if anything has only sought to support the world with my fathers latest multi-national proposal. The Pope is a weasel, a man unable to keep his word, CNN you have been warned."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 08:04:57 PM »

ALGAE FARM PURCHASED FROM ALAND

The royal family have today announced that they have completed a multi-million Drachma purchase of an Aland Algae farm. The nation of Nya Aland have been experimenting with algae farming for several years, both as a source of biofuel and as a food source. The farms in Nya Aland have been using polluted water and have seen the crops, which are grown in glass tubes, thrive. The project was supported by Princess Yasmine, the wife of Crown Prince Hadi, who has a degree in Chemistry and is a ken supporter of scientific projects.

The newly acquired algae farm will form part of the Seleucid Desert Energy Company (SDEC) and is an attempt by the royal family to diversify their business holdings away from oil. The aim of the project is to pipe vast amounts of salt water into the desert where it will be pumped through algae farms. It is possible to harvest the algae, which grows rapidly, and extract the oils from it to create biofuel with the remaining biomass being broken down to produce ethanol. There are also plans to channel emissions from power stations through the farms which absorb carbon dioxide, thus making a greener environment. It is estimated that by 2030 the algae farms in Nya Aland will produce 20,000 gallons of biofuel per acre per year, and this can be increased by building farms vertically. It is estimated that if 25% of the desert is covered with farms similar to this Seleucid could produce enough biofuel to be self sufficent and still have a similar amount to export. Princess Yasmine explained, "At present we are a major producer of oil and associated products, as things change in Mundus we must be prepared to react, as such having large scale algae farming in our wastelands can ensure we are still a leading provider of fuels."

It is expected that the farm will be completed by the end of August 2018 and the first crop will be ready for harvest by the end of the year.

"WELCOME TO THE CLUB" KING COMMENTS ON ROKKENJIMA SITUATION

King Akakois has made light of his situation of having an arrest warrant against him from the Unified Iwi as he was asked his opinion on the return of the Rokkenjiman Empress. "With the Achkaerin government issuing an arrest warrant against the Empress she joins me in a very exclusive club, monarchs who have been wrongly accused of crimes. It is a club no one really wants to be in and shows the power of slander in this world. Several courts have found the Empress to be innocent yet we still see her being attacked. I know that feeling too well, it was during my reign that the Seleucid forces began to withdraw from the Iwi after a costly war we could no longer afford. We had attempted to bring stability to their tribal way of life that had seen inter tribe rivalries stop them creating a sensible modern society. By my reign it was clear they had rejected this and I was not willing to spend money that could have been used to give our people a better life on trying to help savages, yet somehow the deaths of rebels and delinquents going back close to 200 years are laid at my door. Much in a similar way as to those deaths during the Andean genocide are laid at the doorstep of Beatrice. I for one find the situation we have both faced laughable but I wish to say to the Empress Welcome to the Club."

Few nations have yet to comment on the arrest warrant issued against King Akakois by the Unified Iwi, a nation that have brutally exceuted two former soldiers they claim murdered Maori during the rebellion there. These are charges they each denied saying that they only fought in a war and committed nothing that could be considered a war crime, despite at that point the Uppsala Convention not existing.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »

EPIPHANES DEPARTS IPSUS FOR KYNE

The nations flagship ENS Epiphanes was this morning seen leaving dock in Ipsus heading for the Kyne. The carrier, along with its 10 fighters will be carrying out duties to ensure the nation can not be attacked again by the Commonwealth of the Iwi. The ship was accompanied by two Destroyers, two Frigates and an unspecified number of subs. Minister of Defence spokesman Saif al-Din Hakim said, "This fleet is intended to ensure the safety of our territorial waters and beyond. The Iwi can not be ruled out from making another attack upon our industry and infrastructure and we must be prepeared to defend our homeland from their illegal actions. If need be we must be willing to strike them before they strike us, as such we must ensure that our forces are superior in every respect. Our servicemen will do their duty and make us and our King proud."

The Navy will also be joined by regular air patrols by the Air Force including Prince Heydar  who is a Squadron Leader in a fighter squadron. The 36 year old showed the media around his squadron saying, "I am proud to fly with the men of my unit, the loyalty they have given my father and my family is incredible. I will be honoured to take this fight the Iwi have brought to our doorstep to them. We stand ready to reign fire upon them should we be asked to, it is not what we wish to do. We have tried to live in peace for close to two decades now and the world should recognise it is not us who have sought out war."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 09:29:33 PM »

FORMER GAS RIG "DECOMISSIONED" AS TARGET PRACTICE

It was confirmed this morning that the former Royal Seleucid Gas Companies rig known as the Ipsus III has been "decommissioned". The rig, which was part of a network of four owned by the royal family and operated in the then national waters of the Andean Peninsular was opened in the late 1980's and in 2001 was abandoned due to threats made by the Maori of the Iwi. Since then the gas rig has been beyond the control of its rightful owners and its drilling contract expired in 2010.

The rig has however been occupied in the past by Maori who have been using the multi-million dollar investment without the permission of the royal family. It was left to Minister of Defence spokesman to announce what had happened. "I am pleased to announce that the Navy have successfully decommissioned the Ipsus III gas rig. It was believed to have been in an unserviceable state and likely to cause harm to anyone foolish enough to try and use the ageing material which has not been officially checked by its owners in close to 20 years. It is also likely that if operated the ancient platform would cause significant long term environmental damage. As such the decision was made by the Navy to decomission the platform from a safe distance ensuring the safety of all Seleucid inspectors. As such the rig became used for target practice with the permission of its rightful owner, King Akakois. We have witnessed that the rig is now fully decommissoned and will no longer present a significant threat to life or environment. We would not ask for permission to tow the remains away for recycling."

The rig cost several million dollars when new and when Seleucid workers were frightened away that investment was lost. Prince Heydar explained, "As responsible business people we must take into account the need to shut down out dated equipment, that remains our responsibility. The way we did it was rather spectacular but was deemed the safest way. Some may say it was a little over the top but if a man choose to set fire to a wardrobe he owned no one would batter an eye lid. This is exactly the same."

The decomissioning was carried out by the crew of the ERS Dionysus who reported a "highly successful venture."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 04:29:14 PM »

UNIFIED IWI SUB PREVENTED FROM LAUNCHING MISSILES

The Royal Seleucid Navy yesterday captured a sub from the Unified Iwi and took its 143 crew prisoner. The submarine was detected within Seleucid national waters and a maritime patrol aircraft challenged it and eventually forced it to the surface. The pursuit of the sub was joined by a surface fleet lead by a Frigate and soon the submarine was disabled. By the time the crew came alongside the Iwi's crew had evacuated into life rafts and the submarine was scuttled, sinking below the surface. Currently the 143 prisoners are being held at five different military bases while the government begins drawing up potential chargers.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said, "This is a blatant attack on our nation. There is no other reason for a cruise missile carrying submarine to be less than 50nautical miles from our shoreline. The ship being sunk in our EEZ is in my view nothing other than eco-terrorism. A nuclear sub now sits in the deeps of our waters, its poison likely to do untold damage to our waters, fish stocks and eventually our shore line. This is nothing but an improvised nuclear attack on our nations interests. As such the 143 crew men are likely to be placed on terror charges, and charges of damaging our environment. As such we will be holding court cases in the coming days at various points across our nation."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 09:27:50 PM »

KING'S HUMANITARIAN GESTURE A "WEDDING GIFT" TO MUNDUS

King Akakois today announced that on Wednesday he will marry his 4th wife  the 23 year old Lodjain Oksana Stasiuk. The pair will marry at a family ceremony in the capital and afterwards take a week long honeymoon in a yet to be confirmed location. The King made the announcement while visiting a Naval base on the Kyne coast, while there the King made another announcement, this one concerning the issues with the Iwi. "It is well known we took into custody 143 prisoners from The Commonwealth of the Iwi, these were all taken into custody in our national waters where they had been involved in acts against our nation. Upon deeper investigation it is clear the hostilities were only planned by the six officers onboard this submarine, the rest of the crew merely innocent pawns in their King's terrorism. We wish the people of the Iwi no harm and so as it is tradition for the monarch to make a series of gifts to celebrate a wedding I make a gift, a gesture to the Commonwealth of the Iwi. The 137 prisoners we have taken from your illegal submarine activity that bare no responsibility shall be released immediatley. As we have no diplomatic ties with the Commonwealth we have engaged with Heyra as a trusted neutral nation. As such when the ambassador of that nation sees fit we shall surrender these men into Heyra's custody and they may be permitted to deal with them as they see fit under international law. It is my hope this gesture of goodwill towards our fellow man will make the Goddess bless my new marriage to a beautiful young woman."

The King is likely to make several other announcements in the coming days.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 09:44:56 PM »

CELEBRATIONS AS KING MARRIES

The nation stopped yesterday to celebrate the 4th marriage of King Akakois. In a ceremony which took place at the Ipsus Royal Palace around 2,000 guests were invited to witness the union between the monarch and his 23 year old wife who was immediately named as Queen Oksana I. The King's  Escort was made up of his son's Crown Prince Hadi and Prince Heydar, both of whom were wearing military uniform. Meanwhile Queen Oksana was accompanied by her mother and sister, both Lodjian noblewoman. Following the ceremony the King and his four wives paraded through the streets receiving offerings from the public, before returning to the Palace for the evening feast. While the King entertained his guests at a large garden party the streets of Ipsus became one giant street party lasting until the early morning. One young reveller said, "Today is a great day, the King is blessed by Goddess and soon we shall be blessed with more royals, children of the Goddess." Meanwhile others were delighted to have a young Queen again, "To have a 23 year old Queen we have someone who will represent us younger Seleucid citizens. I'm delighted and so happy."

The King's 2nd youngest wife, Queen Katerina spoke briefly to the media saying, " My new Sister Wife will be a good addition to our family, she is sweet, intelligent and already begun embracing our culture. I know she'll soon be a mother and I look forward to meeting new Sister Sons and Daughters. The bigger our family the more blessed we are."

The decision to not invite any foreign powers however was put down to, according to a royal press secretary, "A wedding is a happy occasion, thanks to lies spread about our nation we are unable to guarentee some nations wouldn't take this momentous day as being some chance to make a public statement or try and hijack the occasion for their own twisted schemes. Today is about two people's love."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 10:41:49 PM »

GOVERNMENT TO DESTROY MAORI HEADS FOR "HEALTH CONCERNS"

The Ministry for Health today announced that it plans to destroy 74 "Mokomokai" otherwise known as Maori severed heads for "health concerns". 52 of the heads are kept by private individuals who acquried the heads during their service in the military in the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi, the remaining 22 are on display at several museums across the nation. The heads are supposedly of powerful Maori chiefs who once dead have their head removed, preserved and displayed alongside the rest of their tribal parafinalia. It is thought the heads contain magic that helps protect the tribe and therefore the heads are highly prized.

A Minister of Health spokesman said, "It is clear just being near them that these dead body part smell, the are covered in fungus and bacteria and pose a real risk to health. We can not be certain what diseases are growing on them and so to be safe we must destroy these objects. It is also the humane thing to do, these are someone's physical remains and to have them as some sort of gruesome reminder of the past is rather savage. By cremating the heads it is hoped we can restore some dignity that the Maori took away from these people."

It was reported that those in the hands of private owners will be purchased by the King who will then hand them over to the Ministry of Health for disposal. A spokesman for the King said, "These were reminders of a great service our men did for our nation long ago. They do not deserve to lose their memories but we must look for their health and the dignity of the dead. We shall ensure they are well rewarded for their service and we shall find other ways to allow them to have fond memories of their adventures on behalf of our nation."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 09:56:02 PM »

KING SENDS "AID" TO PROTESTORS

It was announced today that King Akakois and his family are sending what has been described as aid to protestors in Tamora who are campaigning to get Dilara Haghighi freed from a death sentence in Slava Lavosk. The announcement comes after  The Supreme Ayatollah made a speech calling for people to see the protests as a duty. Crown Prince Hadi relayed his fathers decision saying.

"My father has recently returned from a very joyous honeymoon with my step-mother Oksana to Tamora. As always the people there were friendly, hospitable and couldn't do enough to make my families stay enjoyable. My father, and the rest of our family see it as a duty to support these noble people in their campaign. As such we shall be instructing our embassy staff to take drinks and food to those protesting. Additionally our staff will be providing pre-paid Travelcards for 25,000 people in the capital. It is our hope these will help people get out and protest. The Ambassador will joining the protests in the capital and urges and Seleucid present in Tamora to join him. It is vital we help support this poor girl claim her human rights. My father will also be providing headscarves in the Tamoran flag for many women, if the weather is warm it is vital people take precautions. I will be praying that these protests are successful."

It is also reported that the King and his wives have sent messages of support to Dilara Haghighi but it is unconfirmed whether these have been received.

Two hours after the announcement was made, Queen Katerina, the King's third wife, accompanied by the wife of Crown Prince Hadi, Princess Korina, and the wife of Prince Heydar, Princess Chryssa made their way to the Slavia Lavosk embassy in Ipsus where around 5,000 people joined them for a candlelight vigil.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 10:08:03 AM »

KING SAYS HONEYMOON WAS "FRUITFUL"

Today King Akakois returned to work following an extended honeymoon in Tamora with his 4th wife Queen Oksana. The pair were accompanied by his other wives and children as he made his way to address his Council in the capital. The King said before entering the Council house "My honeymoon was very fruitful in many ways. I enjoyed, as always, the hospitality of Tamora, the company of a beautiful devoted wife and we did a little business" The King then entered the building and soon after gave a speech to the Council which included a new international organisation.

Quote from: King's Speech

Oil and Gas, they are the life blood of Mundus. We see nations around the world turning their backs on these but the cold, hard reality is that we need these. It will take decades at best for new greener technology to take the place of fossil fuels, and while I shall ensure Royal Seleucid does its bit to promote this I must also do my best to ensure the worlds life blood does not dry up. As such myself and the Emperor of Tamora believe it is time for us to ensure stabilisation of the international oil and gas industries. Our people sit upon reserves of some 128 billion barrels and we produce around 2.2million barrels a day.  We have 396 trillion cubic feet of natural gas too. We are blessed indeed. We have the ability to influence the worlds oil and gas supplies significantly, we flood the market we can crash the price, we withhold our supply we can raise the price, but this is unfair to less blessed nations of the world. This is unfair, this is unethical and in the long run it helps nobody. As such myself and the Emperor of Tamora believe an international organisation taking an international view should be created to help ensure supply meets demand and that producers are given a fair and equitable price. We have there produced what we shall call OPEN, The Oil and Gas Producing Economic Nations, yes I am aware that should be OGPEN but that doesn't roll of the tongue so well. We are founder members of OPEN and we invite other major oil and gas producers to join with us to ensure the life blood of Mundus flows."

The charter of the organisation shows that it establishes mechanisms to help the nations who are members co-ordinate the price of oil and gas and to ensure that global supply meets demand. The Charter was made available to press soon after.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 10:25:11 PM »

PRINCESS AFRODITI LODJAIN BOUND

Princess Afroditi,the 25 year old daughter of King Akakois and Queen Yanna, will be taking up a position in Lodja as the nations ambassador there. It was expected that the King would marry her to one of the nations leading nobles in the coming weeks however she will now be taking up residence in the Palace of the Goddess the same residency inhabited by the Queen of Lodja. It is perhaps an indicator of a move by the King to form closer relations with the nation from which his new wife, Princess Afroditi's new step-mother, came from. The King has been learning Lodjain and it is likely the rest of his family have as well. The King has also indicated that he intends on giving lots of his family more responsibility after saying at a public appearence that, "I am an old man with a new wife and beautiful family. My sons need to start learning how to run things and there is no better way than getting their hands dirty, you are never too young to start in politics."

The Princess is also likely to be trying to form bonds with other nations as many monarchies also have ambassadors who live on the Isle, this informal diplomacy is likely to be a way of the young Princess being able to use her linguistics degree as a way of helping support the nations foreign policy aims.

JOINT MISSILE BOAT PROJECT LIKELY TO GET GREEN LIGHT

The Ministry of Defence today announced that the nation is to get a new missile boat and that the project is likely to be shared with neighbours Tamora. The new vessel is to be used mainly as a longer range patrol vessel than what the nation currently as and will be designed to maximise firepower while maintaining high speed. From details given to the press it appears to be armed with a 76 mm  auto canon, 8  AGM-84 Harpoons missiles, 1 CWIS block , 2 internal torpedoes and a 57mm naval gun. The spokesman who unveiled it said, "The new design is likely to be able to pack quiet a punch for a small package. It will ensure the territorial integrity of our home waters for a long time to come and is a sound investment in these turbalent times."

It is expected that Tamora will share the costs of development and that the manufacturing process will also be split between the two nations, the exact manner in which this will be done is yet to be confirmed. The news was welcomed by many of the public following attacks by the Unified Iwi which according to the spokesman would, "Have been repulsed with ease had such a vessel been in our navy."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 09:56:24 AM »

NATION PREPARES FOR FESTIVAL OF WATER

The nation today began to prepare for the two day long Festival of Water, the most important religious event in the Anahitaism calender. The Festival marks the moment when the Goddess Anahita brought forth fresh water for the first humans out of the salty oceans and thus allowing them to survive. As such the faithful give thanks every year to mark the occasion and give thanks to the Goddess. The festivities usually centre around the capital of Ipsus where stories tell where the Goddess first created drinkable water at the site today marked by a shrine at the North Entrance of the Royal Palace. Thousands of worshippers will flood the capital to make offerings at the shrine intended to show the Goddess the progress the nation has made towards eradicating the Five Great Evils. Tradition gifts of great value show poverty is being eradicated while gifts of food and drink show Thirst and Hunger are being defeated meanwhile by having thousands of people celebrating together we show the Goddess that loneliness is no more.

The King has this year invited the monarchs of Tamora and Tarrokh who it is believed have both accepted. The King, who will be the first to make his offering at the Shrine, has stated, "The Festival is the highlight of our year, a time to come together, praise the Goddess and show her the progress we are making towards eradicating the Five Great Evils. I believe this year we have done a great deal towards these aims and I am hopeful that the Goddess will send us great blessings as a result. This year we extend our hospitality, as the Goddess expects , to our dear friends in Tamora and Tarrokh, it is my hope that just as the Goddess did so many centuries ago we can see a new life spring forth between these three noble nations."

The Festival will begin when the faithful refrain from using fresh water for a period of 24 hours, during which time the Royal Palace switches off all water, the King will restore the flow following his offering at the Shrine and then will welcome back the water. The Festival is the first to be experienced by Queen Oksana who is still a follower of her Goddess Sessifet, however the youngest Queen has said, "Regardless of faith the festival reminds us of something great and important. I look forward to witnessing it and helping do what I can to remove these Five Evils. I feel we can achieve so much in the year ahead and celebrate the work of the last twelve months."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »

NEW FACES AT THE PALACE

Today it was announced by the Royal Family that two key appointments have been made. Iman Saab has been appointed to Head of National Intelligence while in a surprise move Cassiopeia Vasilakis has been named as the personal spiritual adviser to Crown Prince Hadi, the first foreigner to serve in the Royal Household.

Iman Saab is a veteran of the Air Force having served fifteen years as a combat pilot before taking up a role as Commander of a intelligence squadron. The 41 year old also has served time as an instructor in military history at the Royal Military Academy where he became a close friend of Prince Heydar. His new role will see him take responsibility for the King's daily briefings as well as ensuring the nations various intelligent assets are run in accordance with the King's wishes. The position is seen as one of great influence and there is little surprise that the King has trusted a man who is a distant relation. Saab is a cousin of Queen Katerina and third in line to become the Duke of Damghan behind his three elder brothers, he is however unlikely to ever hold that position and so a career move such as this is a way of him gaining his own influence. In his first public statement since his appointment Saab said, "I am a man deeply honoured to be able to once more serve my nation and my King. Its a challenging job at a challenging time but I am confident that we can continue to ensure that our nation remains ready to tackle any and all threats to our nation." It is expected that one of his first tasks will be to investigate several reported leaks of information that have enabled members of the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi to illegally kidnap our citizens and murder them.

Meanwhile 28 year old Cassiopeia Vasilakis has been appointed as Crown Prince Hadi's personal spiritual adviser. Each member of the royal family has such an adviser and the Crown Prince has been without one for three months following the retirement of his former adviser, 81 year old Sofia Ebrahimi who had served in the role since the Crown Prince was 12 years old. The new adviser is also the first foreigner to serve in the Royal Household as she is the daughter of a Tamoran noble, Nikos Vasilakis. The young Priestess has been serving at the Water shrine at the Royal Palace's North Entrance for the last six months and has impressed the leading Priestesses there. The High Priestess called the appointment a "wise move. Cassiopeia is a good scholar of the faith and is likely to be able to give the royal family guidance that will help them continue to support the faith among younger people." The fact that a Tamoran was selected and not someone from Seleucid was in some quarters criticised however Crown Prince Hadi stated, "The faith knows no borders. We are all followers of the Goddess and if Cassiopeia is the best adviser for myself than I do not care what nationality she is. It is not significant anyway, Tamora and in particular West Seleucid are people that are friends of ours and it is useful sometimes to have a friend rather than family giving you advice. I look forward to her meeting with and working with my family. I am sure my children will be delighted to receive her tutorials."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 08:58:52 PM »

ROYALS GREEN LIGHT NEW LUXURY RESORT

The King has today given permission for a new artificial series of islands to be built by his Mother-in-Law, Ekaterina Stasiuk who already owns and operates a number of luxury holiday resorts and destinations across Lodja and the rest of Mundus. The latest development, which Queen Oksana will be a 15% partner in is to be named the Seleucid Palm and features a proposal to include six marinas, a water theme park, 'Sea Village', homes built on stilts above the water, and boardwalks that circle the "fronds" of the "palm". It is estimated that around 1,000 luxury villa's will also be built along with a series of hotels and recreation facilities. The resort will be among the largest collection of artificial islands ever constructed and is likely to cost in the region of $12billion with the Stasiuk family underwriting 50% of the total and various other Lodjains and Seleucid partners funding the remainder.

The Royal Family are also to be given a small Palace on the islands. The new development will create thousands of jobs and hopefully attract a large number of tourists to the area helping increase the nations revenue.

KING AKAKOIS TEMPLE TO BE "GRANDEST EVER"

It is tradition that every Seleucid monarch funds the construction of a new temple somewhere in the nation. King Akakois has long awaited the outcome of a competition among designers to come up with plans. The King today made his selection and picked a mighty looking temple to be built by 27 year old designer Raheem Nadir. The pair made the announcement at the site where the Temple is to be built, some 10km outside Anarak the city closest to the desert. The King and the young designer broke ground with the site each doing a little digging to get the process underway.

The Temple, which will have an underground chamber where the King will lay in rest before his funeral, will be 557feet tall and be made mainly out of coloured glass. Designer Nadir said, "The glass is designed to reflect the sun, lighting up the area around it like the beacon the King has been to me." The site will also feature a canteen for providing food and drink to the poor, a Seleucid heritage museum, telescopes will be placed on the top floor from where people can see entire region. The lower floor will include a planetarium and a large lecture threatre for training future Priestesses as well as giving guest lecturers. The temple will be surrounded by about 30 acres of wooded created from a new irrigation system.

His Majesty talked happily about the decision saying, "The Temple reflects many things I have tried to achieve for our nation, it is proud, it is based around education and expanding our knowledge while at the same time keeping our heritage alive." It is also believed that a small section of the Temple will be dedicated for other faiths to have facilities. "I am aware Seluecid is not the home of just one faith, the Cult of Helus and Manism also have minor roles in our nation. This place will be a talking point for the people of the city and surrounding areas, it shall be a place for knowledge and fun as well as worship. Every faith has a right to experience these things." It is expected that the temple will be completed in 24 months.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 10:00:57 AM »

KING DEMANDS GLOBAL ACTION

Following the Iwi's execution of former military offer Imran Gamal the King has called for international action against The Iwi. "Today we have seen a man who served his nation well murdered by a bloodthirsty kangaroo court." The King said that the evidence provided by the Seleucid military was ignored which included details of how "sadly some prisoners, all convicted of terrorist activities, had allergic reactions to delousing agents used to prevent Typhus in the prison system." Instead the Iwi claimed these were agents designed to kill. The King was shocked when he heard the manner of execution stating, "I have no issue with nations having the death penalty just as we do, but the method must be humane, squeezing the life from a human, and then to deny them the rites of their faith is appalling. Nations around the world who have signed that MCUR must now stand by that document and make their voices heard. What angers me even more is the Maori have a track record, clubbing a man to death, injecting another with poison, and yet the Morelanders, a nation at the forefront of creating the MCUR handed him over knowing full well he faced the death penalty if convicted in the kangaroo court."

The King said he is consulting today with his Ministers over what action to take. "We shall not respond to brutality with knee jerks. We shall consider all options and take what is appropriate. We shall then make an announcement to the international community and expect their support. The liberal powers of this world shape much of the legislation and I know they may look down upon us due to our unfortunate pasts, however as a nation we have worked to show we are not the monsters we are painted to be. In the past we had an Empire, we brought stability to parts of the world that had none and when we left we had equipped those places to prosper. Look at Hunter's Bay, the capital of the Iwi, when we arrived it was nothing but a small village, today it is a beautiful city, it has a thriving industrial centre and port, educational institutes that many nations would dream of, we did that for them. Others will judge us for our role in slavery, yet they deny the fact that many of their nations enjoyed the benefits of slaves until relatively recently and had no issue. Suddenly we see these hypocrites sanctioning Tamora for placing debtors into slavery as a punishment for their wrong doing, surely this is an act of mercy compared to strangling a man to death and dissolving his body? The international community must stop its double standards, stand up to these Maori who play the victim card at every opportunity and say enough is enough."

The Foreign Office have also advised against travel to any CNN nation because of fear of "spurious accusations leading to convictions in fake courts."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 12:03:19 AM »

MILITARY FLOCK TO COAST

With news of a Rokkenjiman naval prescence heading into the nearby Gulf of Aaraxis the nations military have moved to the Southern coast in large numbers. The news of this deployment comes as the Ui Cenneslaig military have gone on alert. It was left to King Akakois to explain the military deployment to the media during a visit to a Naval facility on the Southern Coast.

"It is a worry that we have a fleet approaching close to our homeland that is a treaty partner of East Moreland,  a nation that has violated our territory in the past. This is a clear worry for us as we have no need for their vessels anywhere near that gulf. The Midaranye region is more than capable of looking after itself and the current threat levels there are high thanks to the Iwi's transgressions. We have built a working relationship with the Cenneg military and it is our hope this will ensure they will use their influence to keep the CNN out of our affairs, the problem we have is we have no such agreement with anyone with influence with Rokkenjima. Until we have reason to think otherwise we shall consider the Rokkenjiman presence a potential issue and their fleet shall be monitored by our Air Force."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 08:14:08 PM »

"WRONG TOOL FOR THE JOB" WARNS INTELLIGENCE CHIEF

Following news that Rokkenjima are replacing a ship in the  Gulf of Aaraxis with a Missile Destroyer the nations Head of Military Intelligence, Imran Saab has advised the King to increase the military threat level. "We see something majorly offputting about this announcement. Pirates operate at sea, you intercept them at sea, by sending a vessel which has a profile better suited to attacking targets on land you are no longer looking at the pirates, you are looking at attacking something on the land. That means either the pirates bases of operations or launching an attack on another nation. We are highly familiar with this region,  unlike the Rokkenjimans who are sending this vessel some 4,000km, and I know of no issue with piracy in the region that requires foreign intervention. I have not seen one media report on pirates in my own nations media, that of our friends in Tamora, our neighbours to the East Slava Lavosk or even Miteravia. This excuse of anti-piracy operations is therefore a tissue paper thin excuse for something else and that concerns me, should there be a piracy issue wouldn't the Cenneg have responded as they have responsibilities for the Celtic Protectorate which sits on the Gulf, yet the Cenneg only increase their stance once a Rokkenjiman vessel approaches. The wrong tool for the job is either a blatant provocation for someone or shows a niavity I wouldn't expect from a nation that claims a proud naval heritage."

In the hours that followed it was announced that the Navy was cancelling all leave and that a squadron of aircraft equipped for maritime attack missions have been moved to the East Coast. In an announcement made by the Ministry of Defence it was claimed, "This move is neccessary as we see foreign forces in our continental region without a single invite. Our waters are free of pirates and to suggest that a region that is free from piracy needs support from a boat designed to fire missiles at land is ridicolous, something is going on and we shall be ready for it when it is." The move has also seen the nations Marines conduct a series of exercises along the coast incorporating amphibious assaults.

CHILD NUMBER SIX FOR KING ANNOUNCED BY QUEEN OKSANA

The King's 4th wife, Lodjain born Queen Oksana has today announced that she is expecting her first child with the King. The 23 year old married the King just under a year ago having meet at the Jewel of the Desert festival. The 60 year old King is said to be "excited at being a father again. The joys of watching a child grow to be a fine man or woman who shall serve the nation is one of the biggest honours of being King, naturally I am hoping for a little Prince as the Palace is already too full of women and adding another Princess could eventually drive me and my two sons insane." The Queen was visiting a equine show when she made the announcement rather casually saying that she must now "stop riding and look after the little one inside her."

The King's 4th wife stands one day to become the Duchess of Potaki when her mother the Lodjain property developer Ekatarina Stasiuk dies. This would mean that the child would one day become the holder of the Duchy making them part of both Seleucid and Lodjain nobility by birth. "The fact my son or daughter will hold titles in both nations is a joyous affair" the King began, "To my knowledge they will be the first non follower of Sessifet to hold a title of nobility in Lodja, it goes to show just how close our two nations are becoming. I am proud to call that nation my family through Oksana."

The King's 3rd wife, Queen Katerina is also excited, she was also at the show when the announcement was told. "I have wanted to shout the news for two months now since my Sister Wife told me, its excellent news and I can't wait to meet the new Prince or Princess. The Palace always seems happy with young children and now we currently only have four year old Shahin running around, I hope he will be very happy with a new brother or sister."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 10:47:57 PM »

FISHING FLEET NARROWLY MISS MINE

Following the irresponsible mining of the Gulf of Aaraxis by Slava Lavosk several Seleucid fishing vessels have observed mines in international water. One such boat taking an image of the mine and posting it to the internet. The Captain of the fishing vessel Majestic Blue said after, "We narrowly avoided snaring it in our nets, praise to the most powerful we didn't otherwise we would not be here to tell you about the incident." The fishing fleet believe that the mine, which was some 20km outside Slava Lavosk's Exclusive Economic Zone was probably left there on purpose. "This stretch of water is regularly fished by many of the nations in the Gulf region and I believe the Lavosk government knew that and are seeking an economic impact on those that use the waters legally." Several of the fishing boats of the various Seleucid operated fishing companies have taken to moving further out into the Northern Kyne in hope of avoiding any other potential mines, however the Majestic Blues captain believes this may not be sufficent. "We have seen the Lavosk military have elected to try and interfere in the livelihoods of our fisherman and they would anticipate that we would simply move our fishing grounds for the time being, I would not rule out them mining areas of the Kyne just as they have the Gulf."

The announcement by Slava Lavosk of the mining of the Gulf came just after Rokkenjima announced the prescence of a Destroyer in the region on "anti-piracy" operations something many governments have seen through. The Majestic Blues captain holds them partly responsible. "They either believe we are stupid or they must look at the clowns they employ to give them information. Our waters are free of piracy and there is no need for any Rokkenjiman vessel, its bad enough having the Cenneg steaming back and forth in the region for no reason, now we must contend with the Rokkenjimans. Any pirates were dealt with decades ago so the Rokkenjimans must update their records. Our home of Midaranye was always peaceful until foreign powers began interfering in our people and cultures. They must now not be surprised by a backlash. I am proud ourselves and Tamora will stand shoulder to shoulder in the face of international bullies."

It was announced that more aerial patrols will be flown over the Gulf and North Kyne mainly to identify mined areas outside the Slava Lavosk EEZ and destroy them, additionally the patrols will "man-mark" the Rokkenjiman vessels as a spokesman for the Minister of Defence announced. "It is suspicious the Rokkenjimans suddenly appear in the region many years after piracy ceased thanks to our own actions. This is clearly some pretence for hostile actions and as such we must be prepared. We have seen the Rokkenjimans are friends of the East Morelanders and their relationship has been accused by the Morelanders of being one sided. We would not put it past them to use us as some scapegoat to reinforce that friendship. We will be ready for any treachery."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 10:16:17 PM »

MIDARANYE BRACES FOR LOCUST SWARM

Ecological experts have begun monitoring a swarm of several million locust heading towards the north of the country. The creatures are thought to have swarmed in the northern desert where they are now beginning to mass in a search for food. The last major locust swarm to hit Seleucid came in the 1950's and caused massive loss of food stocks. The nation is bracing for the coming swarm with the military mobilising to help support efforts. A national state of emergency has been called and even the military reserve have been mobilised. The Minister of Defence explained, "The military shall be dispatched to rural areas where they will do whatever we can to begin securing food stocks, be that helping farmers to secure their granaries or barns against the creatures or moving portable secure silos in the area. We have secured several large grain ships and will be doing everything we can to ram them full of food stuff and lock them down tight to try and protect food stocks."

The Minister also issued a warning to other Midaranye nations, "Experts are telling me that these creatures will flock across the desert, reach the coast and then continue on for some time, the average swarm is capable of covering vast distances and whether they turn east, west, split up or even cross the ocean towards the islands off the coast of Aranye we can not be sure. The whole region needs to be on standby and prepare for the worst."

The King has instructed all food supplies from the Desert Palace to be removed and taken to Ipsus and secured. It is likely the King will remain in the Palace while the swarm crosses the nation. Crown Prince Hadi however is part of Air Force efforts to try and spray crops in a hope to keep the swarm out of sensitive areas.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 07:55:53 PM »

LOCUST HIT NORTH OF NATION

The predicted giant swarm of Locust has hit the North of the country. It is estimated several million of the creatures have begun making their way south across the nation destroying any untreated crops. Over the last 24 hours members of the military along with farm labourers have been frantically spraying crops in order to try and protect them from the infestation, this however is unlikely to be successful as not enough warning of the swarm was given. Other places around the nation have also begun spraying and moving whatever crops they can into secure silos in order to protect them from the creatures.

One farmer from the North said, "This is going to ruin our crops, and has the potential to ruin my business. Nobody predicted these things were coming until it was too late. Now thousands of businessman like me will lose their livlihood and the nation will need to spend a fortune to import food unless we are very careful." It is expected that the locust will take 48 hours more to pass through the country but their movements are hard to predict once they reach the coast.

Meanwhile the military are out and about in Ipsus ensuring that food in markets is not being horded and keeping lines of people in order. One lady in Ipsus who was stocking up on supplies said. "We know we may be without for weeks now so we prepare. I think its good that the Army are ensuring no one hordes, before they arrived a woman ahead of me was trying to buy all the bread, a soldier appeared and took all but three loaf from her and told the stall owner that was as much as anyone was aloud." In other cases the army actively took control of marketplaces and limited how many people were present at anyone time.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2018, 07:40:39 PM »

LOCUST DAMAGE LIKELY TO HIT $2.5billion

Following the journey of a flock of locust through the nation it is estimated that around $2.5billion worth of damage has been done to the nations agricultural industry. The plague of insects has ripped through the nation destroying many farms crops and in some cases getting into storage barns and destroying stockpiles. Almost every farmer in the nation, including foreign investors Dizon Farming has been hit as the creatures plucked fields clean before moving on in their ever insatable wave of feeding. One farmer from just outside Ipsus stated, "This has been a disaster for our business, we grow cotton and this year we've nothing to sell. We're going to have to essentially start from scratch and that's if we can survive the year out with no income. I'd hoped to expand but that now is not going to be possible."

The King has toured the areas affected and has promised that he will ensure that everything is done to ensure people don't suffer too greatly, his press spokesman saying. "The health of his people is the most important thing in the world for King Akakois, the nation has reserves of food and the King will ensure this is used to stop food prices raising sharply. If need be we will look at importing from nearby nations who are lucky enough to not be effected." There has however been a range of theories about what brought about this swarm with very little warning one news source popular on the internet believes it was part of a "Clever undiscriminant biological attack." before explaining, "It is clear these locust can not have magically appeared, someone must have brought them here. With the animosity of the Maori and the Morelanders we have two nations capable of such evil. One need only look at how the Free Mundus Network exposed the murder of Rokkenjiman security agents across Mundus by the Morelanders, it is therefore clear then that these locust have been specificially bred to destroy our nation and smuggled in before being released to destroy our nation."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 10:46:47 PM »

TEMPLE OF HELUS IN JERABAL DAMAGED IN FOOD RIOT

A group of twenty Seleucid citizens have been arrested by members of the Cenneg Security Forces in the Celtic Protectorate border town of Jerabal. The town has been facing food shortages during the recent locust crisis and last night a large group gathered outside the Temple accusing the Cultists of hording food. The congregation inside where taken to safety by Cenneg soldiers before the crowd, thought to number in the region of 200 people forced their way inside. One eye witness who wished to remain anonymous said, "People smashed everything they could see, people had been telling us the Cultists have horded food and hidden it so that they can stay strong when the food shortages make us weak. Some people picked up the swords on an alter and used them to cut open tapestries on the wall looking for hidden items." The overwhelmed security forces were soon joined by the Rapid Reaction Force which used tear gas and rubber bullets to subdue the food rioters. They arrested twenty people for a variety of crimes, among them is local deputy mayor Tamashid Ruken who was arrested for assaulting a soldier. The eye-witness said, "One of the doors inside was broken open and we discovered the Temple had a small kitchen, probably used for their feasts, we found food there, smoked meats, cheeses, bread and fruit and nuts. People grabbed whatever they could, even just small blocks of cheese and made their way out before the soldiers could stop them."

The Cult of Helus is known to use food in some of its rituals leading to reports of Temples throughout the Celtic Protectorate having stores of food. The Temple of Helus in Jerabal was rather badly damaged, six of it's eight statues of the Gods of the Cult were smashed, a fire broke out destroying much of the wooden seating and people took pick axes to the marble floor, in addition four ceremonial swords were found to be missing. The Temples Priestess is Grama Hedulaziz who said, "This is an awful day for us, the Temple was beautiful, white marble carved hundreds of years ago. Swords handed down by now long dead members of the Cult who were well respected. People should be aware Cultists are suffering every much as everyone else during this food crisis. Our main tennant of faith is to protect those who can not protect themselves. If the Temple had stores of food we would open them up to the public not horde them."

There have been reports of attacks on food convoys by worried members of the nation. King Akakois said, "Food is coming. We are sourcing it from across Mundus. We may all feel a few rumbling tummies for a few days but things will be sorted soon. The Cultists do store food that is true, but what you find will not end the crisis, nor slack your appetite for more than a few hours. People need to be patient."  There have been reports of people also scavenging for food left as offerings at Cultist shrines and tombs leading the Cenneg military to post extra guards.