Author Topic: OOC- Mundus Christianity (something I remembered)  (Read 4555 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
OOC- Mundus Christianity (something I remembered)
« on: October 18, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »
Not a criticism, not a major issue more something I remembered from when I joined back in 2014 - I discounted Christianity as Achkaerin's religion for several reasons but there were two major ones

1) Lack of Holy Land - this is now resolved and the Christian narrative in the Bible now makes sense when applied to Vanora and assuming Abydos takes the Egypt role in Exodus.

2) What I call the 'Paul Problem' - As Christians will be aware a large section of the New Testament in the Bible is given over to Paul's letters - written to small fledgling Christian communities in the very early days of the Church. Now obviously these places do not exist on Mundus so I struggle to reconcile the existence of the letters in the Mundus Bible given that the places ICly do not exist. I believe given that it would only be a semantic change and not a theological one that we could substitute in nations of Mundus or we have to establish where such cities might be. I am aware oh...controversy but given we're talking history a lot these days I thought I'd throw it out there.

We would essentially have the following -

Romans
1 Corinthians =
2 Corinthians =
Galations =
Ephesians =
Collosians =
1 Thessalonians =
2 Thessalonians =

Also we did do this (and it is just a thought) I'd want to pencil Achkaerin on the Corinthians or Corinth

Finally this is just because we've got a lot of Christian leaders in the spotlight and since Christianity does exist on Mundus it should at least make sense.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: OOC- Mundus Christianity (something I remembered)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 07:01:01 PM »
Does your list mean we do have romans already? or am i just missing something

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:52:24 PM »
There are five books, wouldn't it make sense for the books to be written in places that use Christianity as a part of their nation.

1. ES
2. Neu Uburzis
3. Mounjoy
4. Solonya
5. Brettonia

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:58 PM »
you can cut me out, my people really where only a bunch of barbarians (think: germans) around the time those would have been written.

thats why i asked for the romans ;P

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »
Well personally doesn't matter much to me, as long as it's convenient and works for everyone I guess.

Offline Glitchy

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Sutherland
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 01:55:26 PM »
There are five books, wouldn't it make sense for the books to be written in places that use Christianity as a part of their nation.

1. ES
2. Neu Uburzis
3. Mounjoy
4. Solonya
5. Brettonia

Would it be fit to add in the Ardian Empire? From what I'm feeling they seem to be a Roman Empire, so it wouldn't be far off to assume Christianity may come in there.

P.S Nice that Sutherland isn't included, because Catholicism was imported through Ardian Colonisation.
I USED TO BE LUVONIA

Sutherland Links:
- Factbook
- Characters (W.I.P)
- News
- Vignettes
- Map of Sutherland (W.I.P)