Author Topic: Silverwood Stories  (Read 1634 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Silverwood Stories
« on: December 25, 2017, 12:12:30 AM »
Silverwood Stories

The Silverwood Stories focus on the Royal Family of Vafleon, the nine siblings each with their own personality and differences, as Vafleon steps out onto the world stage how will these nine develop and how will they shape their country?

Table of Contents

The Inevitable
Laying the Foundations
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:04:56 PM by Achkaerin »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Silverwood Stories
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 01:22:22 AM »
The Inevitable

Redwall Castle in Oakshield had a heavy atmosphere around it, not that this was anything new, the atmosphere had been there for weeks the monarch King Richard Silverwood was dying and everyone knew it and that meant everyone from his immediate family to the Nobles to the Clergy. Out in the Castle garden's Crown Prince Manius Silverwood and two of his sisters Princess Catrain and Princess Adela were throwing a baseball around, they were just trying to get some time to themselves in all honesty though the nine siblings did play in the local amateur league, Manius was Second Base, Catrain the pitcher while Adela played First Base.
"What do you think our chances are this season?" Manius asked throwing the ball to Catrain
"No clue." Catrain said "But just for once I'd like to show that team from the Theology College what it feels like to lose."
"I know what you mean." Adela said "If Catrain pitches her best we might win it this year don't you think Manius?"
"No pressure at all." Catrain said rolling her eyes.

"Your Highness!" a voice shouted out, Manius turned one of the Palace Staff was running towards him "You must come."
"What is it?" Manius asked
"It's your Father come now." the member of staff said.

Manius, Catrain and Adela all followed the man indoors, up the stairs and down the landing to their father's bedroom. Once inside they found their father lying on his bed a doctor listening to his heart through a stethoscope, a Priest stood next to him.
"Where's the Queen?" Catrain asked, referring to her stepmother Queen Isabel
"Opening a Museum in Dragonstone." came the answer, that was in the far north of the country. The doctor straightened up and looked at the three Royals
"I'm sorry Your Highness's." he said "The King is dead."

For a moment none of the three registered it, then it sank in - Manius walked from the room went into his own bedroom, which was just a little way down the landing and punched the wall.
"Don't." Catrain said, she'd followed him in "You'll only hurt yourself and it won't bring him back, nothing can." Manius looked at her as Adela joined them. The three of them hugged, they were three of the strong five in the household they rarely let down their shields when any of the younger four were around but when it was just them they were more honest about their feelings, displayed more emotion.

"What do we do now?" Manius asked
"We need to tell the others before the Press breaks the news." Adela said "I'm picking Amulius and Stephanie up from school in an hour. So I can tell them."
"Robin, Elianor, Marion and Courtois are in Royal Seleucid." Catrain said
"I'll call them." Manius said sitting down on his bed "What else?"
"We need to make plans for your coronation as quickly as possible." Catrain said perching on the edge of Manius's oaken desk "After dealing with Dad's funeral."
"I agree." Adela said she was leaning against a wall "You know the opinions of some of the Nobles."
"You mean the Duke of Highbury?" Manius asked, this was a member of the Nobility known to be an ambitious man who a couple of years earlier had tried to install a regent to govern while the King was ill. Fortunately that had been defeated but it hadn't been forgotten least of all by the five eldest Silverwood children, they had their suspicions about Highbury's motives believing them to be more than 'concern for the nation'.
"Yes." Adela said "You know the ceremony, you take the throne the nobles swear allegiance to you. Highbury would have to swear before God a solemn oath to you."
"We should also get together with Robin and Elianor when they get back from Royal Seleucid and figure out an international plan of action." Catrain said slowly "The stronger we make our position the more trouble free your reign will be. The Coronation festivities will provide the opportunity to act on what we decide to do."
"I see." Manius said
"Well." Adela said looking at her watch "I'd better go and pick up Amulius and Stephanie."

Adela left the room and after a few moments silence Manius sighed
"How do I do this Cat?" he asked "I don't know if I'm cut out to be King."
"Hey." Catrain said "If you trust nothing else, trust us. You will be a great King, you are more capable of doing it than anyone because you don't think you can do it. I've been with you the longest so I've seen it most so I know it most, but you have grown into someone who has the potential to be a fine ruler."
"Thanks." Manius said with a weak smile
"Should I make the arrangements for Dad's body to be transported?" Catrain asked
"Yes." Manius said "Then we should draft a press release that we hold until after everyone knows."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Silverwood Stories
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 04:04:14 PM »
Laying the Foundations

It had been a rough few weeks for the Silverwood's, the death of their father still hung over them and undoubtedly would until the coronation was done. Preparations for that were well underway, and already the nine Silverwood children, well ok the eldest five were figuring out just what they were going to do to ensure Vafleon's stability, the five of them had gathered in what they called the 'Game Room' it was a spacious room plenty of various games available there, Crown Prince Manius was playing a game of pool with Catrain, the next eldest after Catrain was Adela she was playing a game of solitaire while Robin sat on the sofa in the room, his twin sister Elianor lay on the sofa, her head on his legs she was reading a book.

"So what do we think about this Lodja Coronation?" Manius asked as he took a shot, narrowly missing potting the yellow ball he was aiming at.
"We need to go." Adela said "Specifically you need to go Manius, you're the Head of State in waiting."
"I agree." Catrain said, she'd been lining up her shot, potting first one red ball, then another before sending a third around off two cushions and into the corner pocket.
"You're coming with me though right?" Manius asked
"Of course I am." Catrain said, she lined up and potted the eight ball to win the game "Provided Robin and Elianor can handle the AKO."
"No worries." Robin said "I think we manage that."
"Yeah we've got that." Elianor said
"I'll keep on with the Coronation preparations." Adela said "When are we setting a date?"
"When we're ready." Manius said