Author Topic: Soulmates  (Read 1096 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Soulmates
« on: August 23, 2023, 01:38:57 AM »
Time: 4:00 AST

Though she had resided in Achkaerin for as long as recent memory could recall the Saisei Empress still woke at precisely 4 AM, Azukishiman Standard Time. Lucinda had found the transition to not having to wake so early to be an easier affair to tackle, she still laid there slumbering, only with her arms wrapped around Saisei and her legs half-way entangled with hers. 'I fell asleep in her arms again,' she thought, though she couldn't help but to smile at the thought. Here she was, in her own prison of sorts and Alex in his own as well. She had behaved herself, however, to this day she didn't believe she had betrayed her vows to Alex yet it had been years since she had spent so much time with Lucinda. In many ways it had reopened channels she thought were previously closed, and each day reminded her just how Lucinda seemed to hold all the right keys to her heart.

Each moment from their childhood she could recall as if it were yesterday, remembering each detail with near-photographic accuracy, and if she saw something remotely emotional she was seemingly flooded with emotion. "Most think that love is some chemical reaction in the brain," she whispered to a still-sleeping Lucinda, "but I still feel the same way about you, all these years later, as when you first claimed my heart. It's a warmth that starts here," she almost uselessly pointed to the center of her chest, "and it grows and radiates until it wholly encompasses every facet of my being. I still feel the butterflies in my stomach, the near-nauseous feeling, all of it. So no, chemicals have nothing to do with it. Your soul resonates with mine," she continued as she swept away a tear, "and I can only tell you in these not-quite midnight confessions. However, know that my heart is yours, I just simply can't help that, always has been and always wil..."

In a moment Lucinda jumped from her bed, reached for her pistol, and swept the room before recognizing that the situation was, indeed, safe. "My apologies," she said as she put the gun down again, "I'm sorry I wake like this, I didn't wake you too did I?" she continued. "Of course not," she said as she made a "shhhh" noise and guided Lucinda back to bed. "We've an expanse of territory between us and anything, or anyone, that could hurt us, and I pray for anyone who would try to take you down; they'd stand no chance. I'm used to waking up at this hour, it's almost as if it's programmed within my DNA, you've no need to be up if I'm not. Come on," she said as she lifted the sheet, "let's go back to dreaming of endless possibilities and all the beauty in the world together, yes?"

Despite the darkness of the room Beatrice could almost see a smile crack upon Lucinda's face before she answered, not quite so monotone, "that sounds nice. Maybe we'll run into each other," she continued as she covered herself. "I can only hope," Beatrice would whisper to a now-awake Lucinda, draping her arm around her. "As do I," Lucinda replied quietly.

A quick note but I think I’ll be transitioning this to an alternate timeline. It’s an aspect I certainly wish to explore, but Beaxander still have stories to be told too. 🙂
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 12:27:49 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis