Author Topic: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)  (Read 94726 times)

DaveIronside, Beatrice, paralipomena and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »

Foreign Policy Review: Dissension In Pyrettania?

Masaki Satsuki, Chief International Affairs Correspondent

As Pyrena Castle and the Imperial Diet come upon the annual Foreign Policy Review many are looking to see whether there is a spirit of cohesion, or one of division, on the course Rokkenjiman foreign policy should take in this first year of the new decade. For her part the Empress has declared that Rokkenjiman foreign policy should align with and be compatible with that of its allies while focusing a majority of coordination on policy matters with Cross-Straits allies of the First Empire. Another goal noted by the Empress is settling "diversions of opinion and method" with certain powers, citing a role for the Vicegerent in "forging policy initiatives which may serve those interests." Her Imperial Majesty also reaffirmed that the new year would see foreign policy primarily drafted from the desk of the Vicegerent.

"The Vicegerency holds a primary responsibility for the formation of Rokkenjiman foreign policy and its execution, while serving as the foremost diplomat of the First Empire. Just as those who served before him, the Vicegerent shall fulfill this duty with the full faith and trust of Chrysanthemum Throne. While there have been moments where I have felt a need to act in manners which perhaps undermined his ability to fully execute those duties I have informed the Vicegerent that our Foreign Policy is fully within his remit and purview. Naturally it is expected that he shall consult the Throne on the vision he has in mind, however, I shall be doing nothing to stifle the goals he sets forth so long as they represent the long tradition of a values-oriented policy. I have every confidence he shall excel and serve our People and Empire well."

The statements of the Empress have set the stage for a confrontation with the Imperial Diet, with some members issuing words of caution for Pyrena Castle. "Is it truly wise to allow an Achkaerinese Count such broad authority to determine the foreign policy goals of this First Empire? Is it to our benefit to have this Count effectively directing the Imperial Diplomatic Corps and the work they will do on a global scale? We all remember the questions Rokkenjimans raised regarding Emperor Alexander, a Dartfordian Royal, and the impacts he would have on Rokkenjiman policy. Our Vicegerent, who is by design the chief diplomatic official of Rokkenjima, demands more immediate questions as his decisions will impact our nation in the immediately foreseeable future," said Councillor Groves, Chairman of the Committee for Foreign Affairs.

"If there is one thing we need is to stand firm against nations who clearly don't have our best interests at heart, who actively harm Rokkenjiman interests and relish in the opportunity to challenge this First Empire at every turn. We must ensure that such nations are made to know their place and get out of the way, lest they be forced aside. I fear this Empress will be led toward an apologist policy which allows our adversaries and strategic opponents an opening which they will most certainly take. Whether it be the rabble to the South, the rabble in the Illumic, or those to the North we must stand firm to ensure Rokkenjiman interests come first," he continued.

Pyrena Castle was quick to respond to the statements of Councillor Groves, stating that the "opinions of individual Councillors do not represent Rokkenjiman policy, nor do his classifications of groups of nations as "rabbles" represent Rokkenjima's views of any nation or group of nations. The Vicegerent serves at the leisure of the Throne and represents the authority of the Empress in setting forth the foreign policy of the First Empire. Those policies he should announce may be considered as having been proposed by the Empress herself, as they will have her full backing."

Councillor Groves has reportedly spoken in private that he has the "tools and means" to ensure Rokkenjiman policy goals align with what many are terming a "Rokkenjima First" agenda, with tools such as the Imperial Diet's power of the purse being mentioned in private settings ('We'll shut the whole thing down (the government) if we have to,' according to one source). At this early juncture in the process, however, hopes for cohesion between the Throne and the Imperial Diet are quickly fading. "The Empress doesn't wish to see a policy for the last decade forced upon the next and the inevitable failures such an approach would bring with it," one Pyrena insider shared with the RBC. "This has, unfortunately, set the stage for confrontation with those in the Diet who are resistant to the evolutions the Empress wishes to see which is the primary reason she selected an outsider as her Vicegerent. With the new year, it seems she is prepared to dismantle the status-quo within Pyrettania and set the Empire on a more prosperous course of policy. I'm rather confident she'll succeed, just as she did when she effected the restoration of Anselmo rule in Rokkenjima."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2020, 11:34:53 PM »

Empress Announces Leave From Throne

Imperial Liaison for Foreign Affairs, Princess Evanthe, has made a surprise announcement regarding Chrysanthemum Throne. "Earlier today, with great surprise and without forewarning, the Empress announced to the Imperial Council that today would be her last day as Empress of Rokkenjima. Following consultations with her medical team it was relayed to us that the Empress has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and, while it is in its early stages, the Empress cannot continue to sit upon the Throne. These concerns centre around the the Empress' capacity in perceptual decision making as well as other declines, which she does not wish to burden the Rokkenjiman People and our international partners with. Thus, to focus on her health and family, the Imperial Council feels that the exit of the Empress at this time is reasonable, and shall not oppose the decision as presented."

"Effective at midnight tonight," Princess Evanthe continued, "as per the Empress' wishes, I shall be crowned Empress until Crown Princess Adriana is ready to ascend to the Throne. I shall not be serving as a Regent, as the Empress wishes for the Crown Princess to have more opportunities for childhood endeavors than she herself did. However, when the moment comes that the Crown Princess feels prepared to ascend to Chrysanthemum Throne this Government will act to see a proper and orderly succession. The Crown Princess continues with her educational pursuits and additional courses on the operations of the Imperial Government, however, her official duties as Crown Princess will continue as they have prior to this development."

The RBC will follow-up with responses to this development as this very much remains a developing story.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2020, 04:38:31 AM »

Empress Evanthe Addresses Nation

Empress Evanthe addressed a concerned nation as Empress Beatrice steps down from Chrysanthemum Throne.

"On this date two significant events transpired: our Empress has made the difficult decision to stand aside due to reasons of health, and Major Kirby published a long-awaited report into the Anauša.

As a Nation and People our prayers are with Empress Emerita Beatrice as she shares with us her diagnosis, however, our thanks are also with her to recognize her concerns that her decision-making capacity and the effect that would have in her conduct as Empress of Rokkenjima. I shall naturally stand by her side every step of the way as she works with her doctors to develop a plan of treatment. On behalf of our family, and especially my cousin, I thank you all for your well wishes and support. We will be keeping you informed of her condition and, as I understand, she intends to continue to positively impact Rokkenjiman and global lives through the establishment of a philanthropic organization once things have settled.

Once again I find myself assuming the mantle of service to the First Empire and her People, a duty I take with the full weight such an obligation entails. As stated previously our Vicegerent will remain in his Office, as shall presently appointed Imperial Councillors and other governmental officials. I have also tasked the Vicegerent with conducting reviews of Rokkenjiman policies and institutions, such as the Imperial Diplomatic Corps, to identify changes which need to be made, and to bring our policies in line with Rokkenjiman principles and values. Finally, I will be opening lines of communications with several powers to bring to a close some of the loose ends which have been left from the reign of the Empress Emerita.

I am also giving fair notice to the Imperial Government that I expect all situations which the First Empire may face to be addressed with a mind toward utilizing an arsenal of diplomacy. For each military option I am presented, I expect at least three diplomatic options to be prepared to address the situation at hand. The tendency of Pyrena Castle to rely upon a show of force in lieu of the diplomatic process is consigned to history. Only in the most grave of scenarios, once the tools of diplomacy have been exhausted, should any Government consider force as their only option and this is a principle of Rokkenjiman policy I am restoring with immediate effect.

There will come a day where I step down from Chrysanthemum Throne and see our Crown Princess ascend. It is my mandate to see that the foundation is in place for her reign to be successful so that she may best serve the Rokkenjiman People and Nation. Repairing diplomatic links broken through policy pursuits which were ill advised is the first task before me in the pursuit of that duty, as is ensuring that the Mundus she sees before her is tranquil. While the Empress Emerita devoted much fanfare to new submarines, carriers and tools of war, under my reign, we shall see the Imperial Diplomatic Corps rebuilt as the first line in the service of our great Empire. When one gives their diplomats the tools and resources necessary for the successful completion of their work we ensure that wars and battles are won before orders to deploy are necessary.

For those who seem to wish to tie our Empire to policies which are obsolete, the world has moved beyond the past decade. No amount of pressure, nor threats to hold ransom the budget of the First Empire, will effect a continuation of ages behind us. Those who choose to align themselves with such a 'Rokkenjima First' policy will face a Mundus in which they, themselves, are increasingly obsolete; relics of an age upon which the sun has set which the rest of the world may look upon, if only as an example for what happens to a society and government which is incapable of incorporating new information, indeed, one which has such a deficit of ideas that it remains hung upon its past. This First Empire will not remain in the previous decade with you, and I have every faith that the Rokkenjiman People will elect those into office who will best represent the concerns and interests they face today, not those of ten years ago.

To close, with the release of the Kirby Report there are several matters of concern which we must face here at home. I have already instructed the Imperial Government that we shall be implementing the recommendations with swift effect, while ensuring that any matters which come before us related to legal matters tied to the report will see the full cooperation of my Government. I thank Major Kirby, and the Achkaerinese, for their continued efforts and assistance. We found that the Imperial Government was not as robust against malicious actors as we had once thought, and ensuring that a similar or worse situation does not come to pass is another vital task before me.

The work before us is great, the challenges certain, but the results shall be a First Empire that stands anew into this new decade. We shall all have an important role to play in this national mission, and I trust through our cooperation we shall see this through successfully, just as we have done before where such important tasks have laid before us.

Thank you all. May Islyna bless this First Empire and her People."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2020, 07:57:23 AM »

Empress Speaks On Foreign Agenda Ahead

Empress Evanthe has placed before herself a busy schedule, tackling what she considers two of the greatest challenges which Rokkenjima must address in its foreign relations.

"Over the course of the past few years we've seen what can only be described as a systemic failure of the Rokkenjiman diplomatic apparatus. Yet instead of sitting down and devising a plan to resolve these failures Rokkenjima was content with digging in, even when the positions in question were clearly indefensible. By the time I had left the Vicegerency I had built one of the most effective and influential diplomatic corps in the world, which saw many accomplishments led by Rokkenjiman soft power. More recently, however, the first response has been to send a carrier, thump our chests, and invoke hard power in an attempt to do that which Pyrettania finds itself no longer able to accomplish by other means. This has come to pass as the diplomatic capacity it once had has been allowed to erode. This leaves us equipped with less assets at hand with which we may utilize in response to situations that so often quickly develop."

"This is why I've said that the old manners of thinking, those which were clung to as Pyrettania maintained itself in a posture of attacking any potential foe or adversary, are no longer the guiding principles of Rokkenjiman policy. Working with the Vicegerent I'll once again build the Imperial Diplomatic Corps, restore the tools and resources our talented diplomats require to succeed, and see once again a foreign policy rooted in Rokkenjiman principles and values lead the way. Armed conflict marks the failure of diplomacy, if our diplomats are allowed the chance to succeed we may ensure that our brave men and women who devote their lives to the defense of our nation are asked to risk their lives only in those situations which raise to the level of necessity, not because our Armed Forces are the first tool of convenience."

"Rebuilding lines of equal communication with nations such as Achkaerin and East Moreland, one which remains a treatied ally of the First Empire and the other which has time and again proven itself as a faithful friend and ally yet was jettisoned when the Tripartite was dissolved by the Empress Emerita, are two tasks which are amongst the greatest of challenges I presently face. Broken promises, backdoor engagements, abdication of international responsibilities and public disparagement have all taken a great toll upon bonds which were once quite unshakeable. These are perhaps some of the most visible consequences of the decisions made within these halls in recent years and should have served as a wake-up call for our Government to change course, yet all the warning signs were instead characterized as plots within Northfort and Valtheim to undermine the First Empire. It was not overnight that we reached this point, each instance presenting another crack within the foundations of our relations with each respective nation, just as repairing those cracks and building a stronger foundation will take time."

"Atonement is not impossible, but we must ensure that all actions we take as a nation are reflective of our principles and reflect our values. We must be true to our allies while never fearing the faith we have in our friends, for we've seen the end result of that folly. During the difficulties which we saw with MICA in response to a Rokkenjiman return to the Illumic region, including a proclamation by the Empress Emerita that Rokkenjima was an Illumic power, it seemed that the spirit of spite and vindictiveness led this nation. This is one situation which I shall seek to discuss with East Moreland while ensuring that the First Empire conducts itself not as an Illumic power, but recognizes its position as a guest of the Heyran Republic which must respect the initiatives and desires of those nations who call the Illumic and its surrounding seas home. Rokkenjima is not an Illumic power and it must make certain that QAMB is never utilized as a tool to the detriment of the Illumic region and its native nations."

"We must also undertake efforts to see a functioning relationship between Rokkenjima and Achkaerin, recognizing in the Holy Empire a nation which shares many of our core values and has acted as a steadfast ally of the First Empire. We can never again ignore signs of deterioration and must instead be proactive, willing to listen, and willing to work with our allies especially in times where they say we are wrong. Such times are not attacks, nor are they operations seeking to undermine our nation; these are the times which divides those who would call themselves friends from those who care truly for our People and Nation. If these words had been heeded when they were spoken the First Empire could have saved itself from much adversity."

"It may take some time, but the first step is identifying the problem, then taking concrete measures toward rectifying it. Then, no matter if an unpalatable situation should present itself, we remain steady and true upon our course. As my predecessor once said it is a sign of weakness when one determines their course based upon that option which is most convenient. We shall not drift in the current of convenience but stand firm upon the position of that which is right, just, and rooted in our values as a nation and our dedication to our friends and allies."

In other news Grand Maester Yuna has announced a formal visit to the Kingdom of Tytor, a nation which nearly 1.1 million Rosari Faithful call home. "In times past our Faith saw people from all corners of Mundus, a number much less thanks to the policies of the Federal Republic," the Grand Maester said. "We must rebuild the foundations of our Faith, which is why I shall hope to see the rehabilitation of existing Rosari Temples abroad as well as the construction of new Temples. In Tytor, we shall see the appointment of the first Archmaester in over a century, an individual who will lead and represent the Tytorian Faithful within the broader organization of the Rosari Faith. I shall look forward to a visit in the coming weeks, engaging with Tytorian Faithful as the Caelestis Curia rebuilds its links with Temples and Faithful from across Mundus."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2020, 08:08:07 AM »

Imperial Councillor Calls Foul On Vicegerent

Empress Evanthe responds to accusations of impropriety involving Vicegerent Emerson Ravenswood.

Imperial Councillor Groves has called the retention of Vicegerent Ravenswood afoul following the abdication of Empress Beatrice, stating his continued presence is "no longer warranted given the circumstances." Citing the relationship between the Vicegerent and Empress Evanthe Groves stated that "the personal history between the Empress and the Vicegerent calls into question the impartiality of the Empress, as well as the division between matters of her personal life and her professional life. Does the Count serve at the leisure of the Rokkenjiman People, or in some personal capacity for an, excuse me for a moment, grieving Empress Evanthe?" The People deserve to know."

Once the comments were made by Councillor Groves Empress Evanthe was quick to respond. "The Vicegerent is clearly qualified," she said, "and his ideas and policies are sound. The decision of a Vicegerent is fully within the power of the Empress to decide, and I have determined it to be best for our policy to retain the Vicegerent appointed by the Empress Emerita. It seems that the Councillor takes issue with the claim that I love the Vicegerent, and that may somehow distract from our official duties." The Empress took pause here for a moment before continuing.

"It is no secret that the Vicegerent and I were engaged at one point, and none of us could have foreseen that my husband would be found alive; to this day I feel great shame and sorrow for what transpired between us. Do I love Count Emerson? I do, he's a man who exemplifies the values he professes, and he's a man who works hard night and day for Rokkenjima and is the best qualified for the position. Are you happy, you slimy bastard? You drew my personal feelings out in a manner I could take no legal action against you, but it's the truth. To this day, despite the circumstances, I love Count Emerson. But that's not why he stays as Vicegerent, no, it's because he is the most qualified and serves the interests of this First Empire most well."

When asked if the Councillor would face consequences for his actions the Empress was short. "That will be up to the Diet. I am not so public with my relationships as the Empress Emerita was, I mean I've now lost my husband twice under a cloud of uncertainty, I mean what is he running from right? Sorry, a poor attempt at humor at my own expense. None of this matters, Count Emerson is a skilled diplomat who has done a fantastic job and now one Councillor seeks to destroy him? Focus on Emerson's record and his insight and less into my history with him if you wish to see my reasons for keeping him on. Don't fall into public plays that do no service to our Empire or policy."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2020, 06:23:37 AM »

Empress Breaks Silence On Izhista

Empress Evanthe spoke briefly with the RBC on Izhista, backing the Tytorian position fully.

"Prime Minister Thatcher has described the situation accurately," the Empress said when questioned of the brewing war of words regarding the provisional government of Izhista. "Tamoran attempts to exert influence and project power outside of Midaranye are nothing new, however. Just last year the Tamoran Empire was preparing to dispatch fighter jets to Ardia while conducting an apparent campaign to drive wedges between Ardian states. Despite decrying the efforts of the community of nations, many of whom act with the best intents at heart to make Mundus a better place for all Peoples to live, Tamora has shown a willingness to project power far from its shores to achieve objectives which meet the definition of intervention. Few should be surprised that the Iron Lady is having none of it, and eloquently calls them out."

"As for the Provisional Government, it is clear that we'll have to conduct a review of the situation and determine an appropriate course of action. In the mean time, our Tytorian allies have our full support in preventing interventionist pursuits during this provisional period. This must be a process which remains in Izhista's hands without the interests of foreign powers imposing themselves. I imagine that this is one situation which will be discussed with our CSTO allies to establish a clear view of the situation and, once that has happened, whether any assistance at the request of Izhistan authorities is appropriate. Until then, we must ensure that interventions do not take place under such delicate conditions within Izhista."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2020, 07:59:22 AM »

Youth Diet Session Prompts Controversy

The Crown Princess broke from prepared remarks during a gathering of the Youth Diet, causing a stir on social media for what seemed to be a pro-Tamoran stance.

A program which allows for students to gain a greater understanding of how the Imperial Government functions appears to have went awry as Crown Princess Adriana broke from remarks prepared for the occasion. Standing in as Empress presenting a report to the Committee for Foreign Affairs the Crown Princess begins to speak of past difficulties with the Tamoran Empire before casting the prepared statement aside. What followed appears to be an impromptu speech in lieu of the remarks she was set to present.

"The Tamoran Empire has remained a concern of the Imperial Government," the Crown Princess declared, reading from remarks which had been prepared with the assistance of Jason Cole, Imperial Liaison for Diplomatic Affairs. "Even prior to the purchase of slaves made by the SICR which nearly saw Tamoran fighters approaching Ardian shores the First Empire made clear that their interventions abroad weren't appropriate and would not be tolerated. This series of events presents...." we see the Crown Princess look up from the sheet of paper and out to the floor of the Imperial Diet where her peers, standing in as members of the Diet, sit. The Crown Princess brushes the papers to the side before speaking again.

"....it presents an opportunity for us to learn," the Crown Princess continues, no longer reading from the pages before her. "Nations are made up of people just like you and I, and people are always drawn to what they believe is inherently good. We just read it from a different script, written by our ancestors, so it looks different in Rokkenjima than it does in Tamora. What they want is what we all take for granted every day: to live their lives, hug their families, and not worry about what tomorrow's headlines mean for their ability to put food on the table tomorrow. Maybe we'd learn that if we took a break from telling them what they should be doing all the time and then taking all these actions against them when they don't do what we want them to do."

"Clearly what we're doing now isn't working, they're not changing what they do no matter the sanctions or the pressure we put on them. If you want the advice of the Throne it is this: be quiet and listen for once. Take another point of view into consideration. I mean it really can't hurt at this point, can it? We can keep doing the same thing over and over, sure, but if it doesn't yield any results then what's the point? It's insane to keep doing the same things and expect a different outcome especially in decisions that impact potentially millions of lives. Let's approach the Tamorans rationally, not with insanity."

Pyrena Castle said in a short statement that "the Crown Princess elected to break from what we know has transpired to a situation which has not, emulating changing circumstances and keeping Rokkenjiman students prepared for changing developments. Quite often situations develop in manners we cannot predict and, if it is a session of the Imperial Diet which is to be emulated, maintaining an expectation for the unexpected allows for young Rokkenjimans to make decisions based on new information. Pyrena Castle can confirm that the remarks of the Crown Princess do not represent any policy of the Imperial Government, present or future, and as such these concerns may be put to rest."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2020, 03:46:45 AM »

Sanctions, Travel Advisory Imposed Upon Nya Ĺland

Empress Evanthe announced the actions following a meeting with the Imperial Council on the growing threat of terrorism emanating from Nya Ĺland.

The First Empire has formally implemented sanctions upon Nya Ĺland, citing "an impotent and anaemic response to domestic terrorism which is increasingly placing the rest of Mundus at risk. There is no excuse for the lack of action, and the absence of urgency, we've seen in the Ĺlander response to the growing threat posed by Gungnir. These sanctions will remain in place until such a time Nya Ĺland has taken this threat seriously and acts in a manner to prevent these domestic terrorists from threatening the world at large."

The sanctions include a ban on the sale of luxury goods and technology to Nya Ĺland, precludes Rokkenjiman financial institutions and Rokkenjiman businesses from conducting business with Ĺlander firms and government organizations, bans any transfer of military goods or hardware (including so-called 'dual purpose' goods) and also includes targeted sanctions against officials of the Ĺlander Government and known members of Gungnir, including travel restrictions. The measures will be effective 12 AM AST.

The Ministry for Foreign Affairs also implemented a Travel Advisory which cautioned against any unnecessary travel to Nya Ĺland, citing "increased terrorist activity and pre-existing policies which threaten any person not of the Odinist faith. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs urges Rokkenjimans to alter travel plans to avoid situations which may see them, or their families, jeopardized by terrorism or unjust imprisonment."

The Empress also issued a stern warning, stating that "any actions of the Gungnir which harm Rokkenjiman assets or interests will be responded to in a manner which will see that capability removed from Gungnir's hands. Should Nya Ĺland be unwilling to act themselves we will be forced to utilize those tools at our disposal to see the threat removed." The Empress declined to state which sanctions would remain in place due to Nya Ĺland's history of religious discrimination saying "those issues will be addressed at a later date. Right now, our primary concern is the threat posed by domestic Ĺlander terrorism to the international community at large, which is compounded by the lack of substantive action from Ĺlander authorities. The First Empire will not be held ransom by the demands of terrorists, regardless of their origin. As I stated previously, Nya Ĺland must act to address Gungnir; the time has come for them to stop riding upon the tailcoats of goodwill built by the UNP."

The moves were communicated with Tytorian authorities prior to their introduction.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2020, 09:07:20 AM »

Abstergo Heyra Subsidiary Takes Form

Following a successful bid with Heyran authorities Abstergo has announced Abstergo Heyra, a subsidiary based in the Republic of Heyra.

Following a bidding process which made for many long nights at Abstergo's headquarters the news finally broke that Abstergo had been successful in its Heyran bid. In a venture which will see a 51-49% ownership agreement, Abstergo Heyra has officially been announced. Represented by the formerly independent National Railways, National Energy, National Roads and the National Airport Company Abstergo Heyra has been forged as a subsidiary, not a division, of Abstergo Industries. CEO Albert Relkin hailed the developments as "a success for both Abstergo and the Heyran market" while committing "the full resources and dedication of Abstergo Industries to the Heyran market. Abstergo, in all of its capacities, is ready and prepared to serve Heyra as we move jointly into the future."

In addition, Abstergo announced the headquarters for Abstergo North would be constructed in The Defense.

In addition Mr. Relkin announced that construction would commence on a shared headquarters between Abstergo Industries and Abstergo Heyra in The Defense. "This joint facility, with a look to the future, represents Abstergo's presence in the northern hemisphere. We considered many options for the location of this HQ, however, Heyra represented the best option. Together, I look forward to the advances and progress we will see as Abstergo works with a team that has been in place since day one to serve the Heyran market. This day represents a win, not only for Abstergo, but for all that we as a corporation stand for, and for the Heyran people who we will endeavour to offer the best services and experiences."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2020, 06:44:02 AM »

Grand Maester Yuna Condemns Aschlon Hangings

Grand Maester Yuna has shared her "great disdain" at the situation facing some 136 religious preachers in Aschlon. "Stolen from their homes, put before a mass trial and sentenced to death by hanging....by the Seven Divine, are we living in the dark ages of persecution? Where is the evidence these men and women played any role in the crimes they are accused of by the state? Private trials which sentence so many of faith to die by the hand of the state, I remember learning from my predecessor the secret tribunals the Federal Republic would summon to kill those of the Rosari Faith, always behind closed doors, away from the disinfecting rays of the light. The Rosari Faith, and this First Empire, cannot remain silent as such crimes are perpetuated and hailed as justice," the Grand Maester said in a brief statement.

Speaking on behalf of Pyrena Castle Imperial Media Liaison Nick Craig said that Pyrena Castle was "closely following the situation and is already weighing options in response to the announced trials, and the resultant executions. We've already implemented advisories against travel to Aschlon, are presently considering a battery of sanctions should these events prove to be fueled by persecution and intolerance, and will be considering further steps and measures following consultation with our allies and international partners. We've seen too many episodes of religious persecution, dating from the plight of the Rosari Faith to the Followers of Earagon, to remain unprepared for such a situation to unfold on the contemporary international stage. The First Empire urges Aschlon to take pause in its actions, produce evidence in an open manner against these preachers and priests, and halt actions which are utterly barbaric."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2020, 04:39:09 AM »

United States To Visit QAMB

The storied liner United States makes way for QAMB from Rishiri.

As construction continues upon Queen Adriana Military Base in the Heyran Republic the Blue Star Line has announced that the flagship of the fleet, the United States, would be making a visit to the Base. "Having been operating a Rishiri-oriented service for the past few weeks the United States is due for some servicing in Port Rosa. On her way home, we've arranged for her to make a port of call to QAMB, offering her leisure amenities and world-class dining experiences to those building the base. It's our way of saying thank you while taking advantage of her transit through the region." It is expected that workers, joined by members of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy who have been stationed in the region for the purposes of integration exercises with their Heyran counterparts, will both be able to utilize the vessel for rest and relaxation for the duration of her visit.

The Blue Star Line will take advantage of the voyage to perform some tests on the United States' engines. Her true top speed never been confirmed by the Blue Star Line, as the vessel was constructed in conjunction with the Rokkenjiman Military under the Federal Republic, this has been considered a military secret. Speculation following her sea trials indicated the possibility of 43 knots, while a speed of 38.8 knots was recorded according to publicly accessible resources. In her passenger service she has held an average speed of at least 35 knots.

"Without passengers on board we're going to run the engines at a higher power output than we usually would," a Blue Star Line representative said when speaking with the RBC. "The propulsion system of the United States produces 240,000 horsepower, which is nearly as much as a nuclear-powered carrier such as the Essex Class," the representative continued. "Her propulsion system, combined with her aluminum construction, has enabled her to retain speed records to this day. Hopefully, this will give her an opportunity to set one more."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2020, 08:52:17 AM »

United States Breaks Previous Speed

The United States arrived at QAMB in 55 hours at a speed of 40 knots.

IMS United States has arrived at QAMB after making the voyage from Rishiri in 55 hours as she reached speeds of 40 knots (74.08km/h), breaking past her previous top recorded speed of 38.8 knots (72km/h). The breakneck pace saw her propulsion system near full power, pushing past her previous top speed set during her sea trials. Having held the Blue Ribband as the fastest ocean liner to complete a crossing of the Kyne speed has always been a part of the lure of the liner, and the RBC can confirm that the crew is pleased with the results of the run. "After the restoration we never had a chance to really put her to the test," Captain Nakamura explained to the RBC. "Now, we can be confident that she's still operating in top shape and capable of offering the swiftest speeds to liner passengers."

Captain Nakamura noted that cruise liners, which comprise a majority of foreign passenger vessels, normally see average speeds of 20 knots with maximum speeds of around 30 knots, with the Captain pointing out that United States could outrun a modern cruise ship at full astern. "Cruise ships aren't designed to serve the same role that a liner such as United States, which is to transport people from point A to point B; liners, you see, are built for speed. Whereas a cruise ship will slow down under stormy conditions we're capable of plowing right through them." With their arrival at QAMB Captain Nakamura said that the full facilities of the United States "would be at the disposal of Rokkenjiman and Heyran service members, as well as those working on the construction of QAMB. Following that, I'm looking forward to transitioning to our dedicated Rokkenjima-Dartfordia service."

The Rokkenjima-Dartfordia service will also feature a stop in Port Monsoon, Floodwater, in both directions of the route. "Expanding service to Tytorian passengers is an opportunity Blue Star looks forward to. We hope to be a part of many memories and safe journeys with this refreshed and expanded service. Just a few years ago we saw many speculating of the death of liner service, yet I would say that the deployment of these new and expanded services has proven that our industry is capable of surviving, and even thriving, in an era of jet travel and leisure cruising."

In related developments Blue Star Line confirmed it would be offering new routes for IMS Rokkenjima, including the option of a dedicated liner service between Herya-Elysium. A potential Northern service, meanwhile, is being considered for IMS Arovium, while IMS Poseidon will most likely offer an alternating service alongside United States on the Rokkenjima-Dartfordia service. The Blue Star Line also confirmed that construction was soon to begin on a new class of ocean liners, the result of a joint Blue Star Line-Cunard development project.

The Sutāraito Class Liner.[1]

"Offering a blend of modern amenities that passengers have come to expect and the traditions which Blue Star and Cunard have been built upon, Sutāraito will have something to offer for all of the passengers we serve. Combining the rich heritages of our two Lines has produced what I feel is a vessel which couldn't have happened in any other way. More details will be released as we near her completion. I'm not sure what name our Dartfordian counterparts are going with yet, however, I'm sure Cunard will release those details when they're prepared to."
 1. Not my work (I wish I could do that!) and unfortunately the DeviantArt I found it on seems to be unavailable as of this date.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2020, 07:15:34 AM »

77% Of Rokkenjimans Vote To Keep Monarchy

In a referendum which was widely watched throughout the Empire Rokkenjimans have voted to maintain the Monarchy in a stern rejection of the contemporary, homogenized vision of democracy as seen in republics such as Fleur. Overseen by Major Alex Redfern and a team of his choosing RBC can confirm that the validity and integrity of the results are assured. The referendum was conducted under a system designed and managed by Major Redfern, avoiding any allegations of results being skewed by a domestic system despite no recorded incidents of such an incident. Pyrena Castle, however, wished to ensure the integrity would be "above any questions of doubt" by seeking the oversight of Major Redfern.

In the village of Phuckbridge Major Redfern saw success, however, in his attempts to pose as a voter in the referendum. The Imperial Government has long rated Phuckbridge as "semi-dysfunctional" with officials in the village having been charged for corruption and misappropriation of funds in the past. Pyrena Castle stated that it would be "looking into the incident while potentially reforming the village government should things not improve in the near future."

With a turnout of 71%, higher than most referendums, Pyrena Castle has stated that "now we may move forward with the clear and powerful mandate of the Rokkenjiman People. Our system has long proven that democracy can exist within a strong constitutional monarchy, with Empress Emerita Beatrice herself having led several initiatives to see tools placed in the hands of the Rokkenjiman People and elected officials to best represent the People and their interests. Unfortunately, with the Second Patriotic War still within living memory, many Rokkenjimans have yet to overcome the deficit of trust in politicians. Accounts from the Federal Republic, a most dark time in our history, will take some time to move beyond."

Pyrena Castle has cited the referendum as an example which Nueva Ardia can emulate. "Our results are open and transparent, with international oversight ensuring that allegations of malpractice are documented, verified and addressed. A certified copy of these results will be mailed to President Melos, and we hope that he will take the opportunity to learn from our process to see that all voices of concern within his borders are able to be addressed in a fair, impartial and internationally verifiable manner. We thank Major Redfern for his services and professionalism."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2020, 07:03:15 PM »

Abstergo Unveils Fighter-Size Prototype

Abstergo unveiled the fighter sized Akuma UAV earlier today.

As the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces continue to review the requirements of its various branches Abstergo Industries has answered the call for a new unmanned vehicle to supplement the Imperial Rokkenjiman Air Force, the Akuma. The fighter-sized unmanned jet will fly alongside existing fighters such as the RK-79, RK-80 and RK-80N. As the IRAF is smaller in comparison to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy platforms which may operate autonomously with artificial intelligence have been seen as a key acquisition for the Air Force.

Akuma is initially expected to employ electronic warfare and sensor payloads but will eventually be adapted to carry weapons. At a length of 38 feet it is comparable in size to an F-16 while featuring advanced composite construction as well as managing its radar cross-section via shaping, materials and aligned edges. Employing artificial intelligence it may fly independently or in support of manned aircraft, maintaining a safe distance between itself and other aircraft. With a range of 2,000 nautical miles it will also be capable of a four to five hour combat endurance, offering expanded options beyond manned fighters.

Abstergo says that the aircraft will "With capabilities to reconfigure swiftly and perform different mission profiles in tandem with other aircraft we feel that Akuma will be a force multiplier in protecting, and projecting, air power. While humans can only handle a certain number of G's, fly for a given number of hours or process a certain amount of information, an unmanned platform is not limited by such constraints. We look at it as offering fighter-like capability yet at a fraction of the costs."

In addition to offering fighter jet-like performance other roles will include intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and electronic warfare operations. A focus on flexibility allows for a modular approach to missions which Abstergo says will expand Rokkenjiman capacity for air operations beyond that which is currently seen. Abstergo declined further comment, stating only that the platform "is under active development with a deployment window being dependent upon the results of further testing."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2020, 09:36:51 AM »
Spoiler: show

Rokkenjima Unhappy With CSU Decision

Empress Evanthe spoke with the RBC on Lakhzovia's rejection to the Union.

Despite a transition on the Throne the First Empire has elected to register its disapproval of the rejection of the Republic of Lakhzovia to join the Cross-Straits Union. Despite long-standing issues between Empress Evanthe and the Republic, the Empress said the decision to deny the Republic membership in the Union was "short-sighted" as well as "damaging to the long-term security interests of the First Empire and its allies." The Empress noted her disapproval in a formal appearance before the Imperial Diet.

"Despite countless tribulations the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord has stood for nearly four years. Neither the Republic nor the First Empire has seen fit to terminate the Treaty despite extremely tense relations at times, this is in spite of the Empress Emerita breaking ties with the Tripartite under much less stressful scenarios. Despite the Rokkenjiman expectation that the Lakhzov Republic would ascend to CSU membership, our reading of the process proved to be wrong. In an admission which should have been an open-and-shut case, we've rejected a long-standing Rokkenjiman partner and, to be honest, that does not sit well with me."

Empress Evanthe clarified that she maintained concerns about the Lakhzov Government but added "President Kadassa is doing his best with such a fragile situation. Even though I've had my own issues with him and his Government in the past, it is not within the Rokkenjiman capacity to abandon allies. So while I have had my issues I will do my best to help, to assist, President Kadassa in addressing those issues I've held while calling for the CSTO to convene to consider CSTO association for the Republic following the Union's rejection. Lakhzovia has been a long-term Major Non-CSTO Ally of the First Empire, and that owes them the benefit of any personal doubt I may have held onto over the years. While I feel the Union has dropped the ball, I certainly hope the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation will pick it up, and swiftly."

"The task before us is as such" the Empress impressed upon the RBC. "The CSTO should move to support what has, to this date, been at least a nominal parter to the First Empire and its CSTO allies. We should also consider economic provisions for the Republic, to make up for the provisions lost in the CSU rejection. Finally, the First Empire commits to assisting the Republic with the refugee crisis with East Moreland, to see those who wish to return home able to do so. Either way, Rokkenjima is committed to assisting its Lakhzov allies for the long haul, regardless of the capacity."

OOC: We're going to put this on hold until the CSU topic concludes as that's a Beatrice-era topic and would impact these present developments.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2020, 06:59:27 AM »
[spoiler]

Slavery Is Incompatible With Human Dignity

Empress Evanthe spoke with the RBC on slavery and the challenges in regards to Midaranye.

"The very notion of one person owning another is incompatible with human dignity, period. There is no manner of logic possible which can justify, in the modern era, the continued persistence of slavery or forced servitude in any form it may take. In times past the questions we have faced as a community of nations centred around one state dominating another yet, today, we find ourselves returning to a matter which many may have once thought settled: peoples dominating their fellow countrymen and imposing upon them forced labour. In times past we had the mechanisms in hand to act against such aberrations from moral and international norm collectively, yet today we find ourselves limited to ad-hoc and much more limited measures in holding states who perpetuate these practices in the modern era accountable. It is, to say the least, a less than ideal position in which Mundus finds itself."

When asked what the First Empire would do to counter these developments the Empress confirmed that she would be making "a series of decisions to ensure that our nation always remains on the right side of history, as a friend of those who are left without defense or a voice. While the Empress-Emerita may have had noble intentions in limiting Rokkenjiman sanctions in the past, in some cases lifting them in response to the Clysperi struggle against terrorism, she also resisted actions directed against Tamoran slavery for fear of creating more slaves. It is not international sanctions nor international pressure which creates more slaves, it is the abhorrent system in power within the Tamoran Empire which enslaves this generation and the next. States of moral character and standing which refuse to take concrete actions against the Tamoran Empire for upholding this horribly outdated and morally reprehensible practice doom yet another generation of young Tamorans to a life of servitude and degradation."

"As frustrating as it is, unless we see a concerted international effort opposed to the Tamoran program of enslavement the situation will not change in the foreseeable future," the Empress continued. "In the coming days my Government will be reviewing the policies of my predecessor toward the Tamoran Empire, ensuring that those which do not align with Rokkenjiman values and principles are replaced with those that do align with them. Whether this be in the form of diplomatic measures or further sanctions upon the Tamoran regime will be seen as we determine the appropriate actions in response to the maintenance of state-endorsed slavery. Our Tytorian allies have been fierce in holding the Tamorans accountable for their crimes against humanity, and I shall be happy to see this First Empire rise to their side, as we've so often been aligned on these matters in the past."

When asked if she had read recent statements from the Tamoran Press Office the Empress said she was't concerned. "Many outside of the Midaranye reality-distortion field recognize TINS as a mouthpiece for the Tamoran regime; I stand by what I said. I won't debate matters of democracy, human rights and international diplomacy with a nation which finds itself stuck in the 12th century."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2020, 04:08:20 AM »
[spoiler]

Empress Gives Speed To Diet On Tamora, Slavery

Empress Evanthe took to the floor of the Imperial Diet to give an address on the Crown's intentions regarding the fight against slavery and expanding Tamoran foreign operations.

“In our modern era we never expected that questions over slavery, that most abhorrent of practices which steals not only the lives but the very dignity of its victims, would still be before the community of nations. While the rest of Mundus decided long ago that this institution no longer held a place in society we've seen it supported by the Tamoran Empire and, recently, other states of Midaranye. The spread of this vile institution, as well as the overreaching Tamoran foreign agenda, presents very real challenges to the world we've worked so hard to build: one in which any Mundusian, regardless of their place of birth, has the same rights, the same opportunities and the same dignities afforded to all by their creators.”

We have seen the community of nations take great strides in the preservation of traditions and cultures, recognizing that an influx of modern ideas and knowledge may co-exist well with those traditions which comprise a large portion of the identities of our nations and peoples. Slavery, however, is not a tradition: it is an economic tool by which the labour of one party is exploited by another. The notion that one may own another human being is not only intolerable to any free society, it is wholly incompatible and cannot co-exist within one.

The expansion of the institution of slavery and of Tamoran influence abroad are two conditions that I do not intend to abide.

Our nations find themselves opposed by a ruthless and sinister force that depends upon the stolen lives of its most vulnerable to perpetuate its continued existence. In its pursuit to expand its sphere of influence it reflects the manner in which it treats its most vulnerable: exploiting their weaknesses so as to position Djerb as their saviour, all while bringing with their assistance the same wicked spirit which has so enchained its People. The Tamoran Empire, where it cannot engage directly with its adversaries, attempts to sow discord and conflict; a tactic we've seen employed before in Ardia, and now, in the present, Albion.

The Tamorans have enslaved countless lives over the centuries, building for themselves a foundation with which they may sustain economic damage as more nations employed sanctions upon the Empire in response to Tamora's maintenance of slavery. While they may hold in the present I have no doubt that continued and increasing pressure, if approached in a unified manner by the international community, can knock the legs out from underneath this sordid regime. Just as we faced the threats posed by the Soviet Empire with urgent and determined action, so too must we face the Tamoran Empire with that same spirit.

While we may never know the true extent of the human toll which has been paid to uphold Tamoran slavery into the modern era we can form an idea as to what the human toll will be if we allow for it to be tolerated. So too may we see the human toll of refusing to address the expansion of Tamora's influence, and its capacity to base military assets on shores far removed from its own. Tamoran interference in the democratic processes of foreign nations is a matter which should be of grave concern to the community of nations, as it may act to undermine the fundamental belief in democratic institutions as well as their viability.

Not since the fall of the United Soviet Russia have we seen a state which is so willing to subvert foreign capitals to its own benefit. It is prudent that we do not allow the Tamoran Empire to rise to the capabilities we saw the USR able to field while opposing with vigor their attempts to conscript nations at risk across Mundus into their sphere of influence. I believe that we still have the opportunity to halt their advance into Albion, as the nations of the Council of Albion are capable and committed to aiding their continental neighbours in this time of crisis. As I have relayed to Prime Minister Thatcher and the Tytorian Government, any manner of assistance we are capable of providing are openly available should they be requested.

In the coming days I will be working to correct a mistake of my predecessor: the refusal to levy sanctions upon the Tamoran regime for slavery and to take concrete actions to hold the regime accountable. The Rosari Faith teaches us that every life is important and that we should act to assist those incapable of rising to their own defense. We must do everything that is within our capacity to assist those lives presently held in chains and to bring about a day where slavery has been vanquished. I look forward to working with our allies and partners as we rise to this challenge."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2020, 06:53:19 AM »

Teikokutō Poised For Largest Majority In Modern Diet

With the first election to be held since the abolition of the Premier scheduled for June, current polling places Teikokutō in an enviable position. Katsuhiko Sugano spoke briefly with the RBC on the elections and the prospects for his Party.

Katsuhiko Sugano, Leader of Teikokutō and Councilor for Azukishima Prefecture has been actively campaigning as the First Empire gears up for elections which were called following the abolition of the Office of Premier. Empress Emerita Beatrice extended the term of the present Diet several times, citing "foreign unrest demanding of the full attention of the Imperial Government," extensions which Empress Evanthe has declined to grant. "Continuation of the present term of the Imperial Diet on a series of extensions to the Empress-Emerita's original call for elections is a policy I have elected not to continue. To ensure the Rokkenjiman People have in place representatives who reflect their contemporary interests, I have set a date of June 4th for these elections to take place," the Empress stated to the RBC.

Katsuhiko Sugano took a moment from his campaigning to speak with the RBC after recent polling suggested that his Party was poised to see the greatest gains if elections were held today. "It's certainly a good feeling to see that our message is resonating with the Rokkenjiman People. While the Centre Party was once representative of the hopes and vision of our People it seems that since the days of our first Premier, William Hartnell, that the Party has lost its way. We've seen that decline represented well by the two most recent holders of the now-abolished Office, especially the conduct of Shinjirō Koizumi following the results of that referendum. Instead of following his word of not seeing "the Office of the Premier deny the democratic will of the People as its last actions" he led the Centre Party efforts in an attempt to kill the legislative package enacting their will; that effort failed as Teikokutō forged a coalition to see its passage in both Chambers of the Diet."

"Our platform is simple," he continued, "focus on the concerns of the Rokkenjiman People and support the Empress by providing her the room and latitude to act in their best interests. We've already seen the Rokkenjiman People reject a return of the Premier, this election now gives the People the opportunity to vote in a government which will not stand in the way of the leader they've chosen. I've made very clear that a vote for Teikokutō is a vote in support of our Crown, which has long held the best interests of Rokkenjima close to its heart since it wrenched power back from the Federal Republic and restored it to the People which is why, to this day, the Crown enjoys broad support from the Rokkenjiman People as the restorative force of a free and sovereign Rokkenjima."

"I'm also touched by the concern shown by Tamoran Head of Foreign Affairs Alya Safavid, who referenced domestic Rokkenjiman problems and faltering support for Chrysanthemum Throne. Given that the Tamoran economy has just exited a recession I can understand the hesitation and scrambling which must be happening in Djerb as a strong set of sanctions is released by Empress Evanthe which are set to be followed by revised Tytorian sanctions. I will also be seeking a unified approach by the Cross-Straits Union in regards to sanctions, providing more strength and potency to these measures being taken in response to Tamoran slavery. You can see that they're rattled, and where detractors have said sanctions have yet to accomplish anything I'd say give it a year, give it five years, and the weight of the Tamoran slave enterprise will collapse in upon itself. The Tamorans know that they can't long survive a broad-spectrum sanctions regime being implemented which sees widespread support in the community of nations which is why they're trying their damndest to run the spin machine at 120%."

"Tamoran deflection and propaganda can't wash away the stain of slavery," Sugano continued. "Djerb can paint pictures of Rokkenjiman discontent and domestic issues all it wants, but it doesn't change reality for the rest of us. Perhaps instead of coming up with nicknames for foreign leaders who are taking a determined stand against slavery the Tamoran regime would be better served to putting those energies into policies which lifts the standard of living of the Tamoran People instead of relegating tens of millions, and their children mind you, to being held in slavery. Now if you'll excuse me, we've run a bit over our time and I have a full schedule for the day."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2020, 04:31:43 AM »

Teikokutō Wins The Night; Centre Party 'Greatly Diminished'

While remaining the second largest party in the House of Commons the Centre Party ceded the most seats to Teikokutō.

The Party of Hartnell tonight finds itself in a position of uncertainty as questions run rampant about the future path of the Centre Party. With polls across the Empire indicating that Teikokutō would gain a number of seats in the new Imperial Diet, with one report earlier claiming it could be the largest majority of the modern Diet, Teikokutō has proven such expectations correct. Entering into the night with 320 seats Teikokutō gained 173 seats, mostly within Centre Party strongholds across Azukishima, Austrian, Estvua and Kavania Prefectures. All but one of the 173 seats ceded by the Centre Party were won by a member of Teikokutō while one seat in Arovium was won by an independent, Soga Mizuki. A total of eight independents were elected to the House of Commons.

A similar story played out in the House of Councillors, which saw Teikokutō again take the largest presence in the chamber at 37 Councillors. The Centre Party, once commanding a sizable presence in the Chamber, saw their share fall to just five Councillors.

"I am humbled to receive this mandate from the Rokkenjiman People, it's a night I won't long forget," Katsuhiko Sugano said in brief remarks to the RBC following the announcement of the results. "We ran on a clear platform: support the Empress, empower her agenda, and ensure that the voices of the Rokkenjiman People are always heard in the halls of power. We saw the People recently choose to maintain the Monarchy over reformation into a republic, this result combined with that decision reaffirms the mandate that Chrysanthemum Throne has earned as the chief protector and servant of the Rokkenjiman People. Now, with a Government capable of ensuring that the agenda of the People may proceed without the obstructionist antics of the Centre Party, we may move on with conducting the business of the Empire."

The Centre Party stated that it would be reviewing the results and "formulating a strategy to move forward from this bitter defeat." Further comment was requested, however, the Centre Party declined that request. Calls to the office of Shinjirō Koizumi went unanswered.

Katsuhiko Sugano, who is expected to become the next Speaker of the House of Councillors, pledged that "our actions as a party will always reflect the best interests of those who have entrusted us to represent them. Never shall I use procedural measures to act against the will of the People, and when I promise to enact a legislative package I will ensure that Teikokutō works together to preserve their voice. Gone is the era of Shinjirō Koizumi, the obstructionist liar. Today, the People have a Diet that represents their will and desires, and one which will proudly represent them while respecting the solemn duty our oaths do bind us to."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:51:53 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2020, 07:12:25 PM »

Incoming Chair Of Foreign Affairs Committee Hints At Elysium Investigation

Tsuji Makoto, who is set to replace Councillor Groves as head of the powerful committee, has highlighted concerns regarding Elysium.

The incoming Chair of the House of Councillors Committee for Foreign Affairs, Councillor Tsuji Makoto, has stated that the Committee will "hit the ground running from day one, though we've a bit of catching up to do from the inaction of the previous Government."

"We'll be joining the investigations announced by Pyrena Castle on Tamoran subsidiaries on foreign soil to determine their potential for acting as an avenue for the Tamoran regime to evade Rokkenjiman sanctions. At the same time, working together with the Committee for Treasury and Finance we intend to fine-tune the sanctions package imposed by Empress Evanthe, strengthening some areas we feel may inadvertently leave loopholes. I'm pleased by the actions which the Empress has taken in the effort against slavery, but more can always be done to ensure that our efforts are effective and difficult to evade through technicalities."

Councillor Tsuji Makoto also stated that the Committee would be looking into Elysium. "The secrecy surrounding Elysium is concerning for many reasons, as we cannot fully verify that businesses operating within Elysium are in compliance with Rokkenjiman policies and regulations. This is something which has the potential to invite complications for Rokkenjiman businesses engaging with companies based in Elysium: we don't know if these companies are benefiting slavers in Tamora, nor do we know if they're wholly legitimate. We have the word of the Heyrans which, under normal circumstances would be more than enough, however, the air of secrecy which has been erected around Elysium means it is prudent that the Committee investigates the circumstances and provides answers to questions our Heyran allies may not be willing, or capable, of answering."

"It is my hopes that our Heyran allies will be cooperative in addressing these concerns, ensuring that businesses incorporated within Elysium are not connected to the Tamoran institution of slavery. Recent reports from TINS, a de-facto mouthpiece for the regime, indicate that the Tamora Imperial Bank has incorporated within Elysium with analysts stating the intent to avoid sanctions in broad daylight. If it is indeed owned by the Manist Church, which is a mechanism of the Tamora institution of slavery, one can begin to see the issues which would be involved here. Such a subsidiary could be utilized to provide support and alternative measures to the Tamoran regime that would otherwise not be available to them under the Rokkenjiman sanctions package."

The Councillor added that the investigation is not designed to be a slight against Heyra, "however, had the Empress-Emerita done her due diligence in addressing these matters when the CFT was signed, this wouldn't be necessary today. I trust that our counterparts in Heyra will work with us in resolving these concerns to our mutual satisfaction."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2020, 08:54:24 AM »

Rokkenjima Destroys QAMB

Following an operation to remove equipment and materials from QAMB Imperial High Command determined that certain equipment and structures of a confidential nature could not be removed in the time-frame allowed by Heyran authorities. To avoid these assets from falling into Heyran hands, or their potential transfer to another state, Imperial High Command ordered a targeted strike with guided missiles and C-4 charges placed at strategic points throughout the base. This operation was conducted with QAMB under full Rokkenjiman control, absent of Heyran military or civilian personnel. Grand Marshal Rowe offered the following statement:

"The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, utilizing guided missiles, has destroyed portions of QAMB which could have threatened the security position of the First Empire had they fallen into the hands of an adversary. Given the known relations between Heyra and the Tamoran Empire, and the secrecy which surrounds Heyra, preventing a transfer of equipment we were incapable of removing within the timeframe allotted was the only option we had left to us. Heyran military personnel and civilians were not present as the base remained under the full control of the First Empire at the time of these actions. While it is unfortunate that it had to reach this point the First Empire has a responsibility for its security and those of its allies who utilize similar platforms as those which were destroyed at the former QAMB base. Prior to destruction of those assets due notice was given to local peoples to avoid the premises of the base."

In the hours leading up to the operation local authorities were given notice not to come near QAMB "as safety cannot be guaranteed during the conduct of this operation". Prior to departure from QAMB by Rokkenjiman service members a final check was conducted to ensure the base had been vacated, and that a perimeter around the base was absent of life. Once these conditions had been met authorization was granted to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy to conduct operations. Utilizing drones following the operations to ascertain whether equipment had been successfully destroyed and to ensure no human remains were present (which could indicate individuals violating Rokkenjiman warnings) a report indicated that the operation was concluded successfully with no lives lost in its conduct.

More information will be provided in the coming hours.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:36:12 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2020, 05:56:40 AM »
[spoiler]

Empress Speaks With RBC On Tamora, Heyra and the QAMB Situation

Empress Evanthe spoke with the RBC regarding a range of topics including Tamora, Heyra and the destruction of QAMB.

"Naturally I respect the work of the Empress-Emerita, however that respect for her triumphs can stand alongside criticisms for her later shortcomings. Unlike her stance in times prior to the Toshindai Genocide it seems that, with time, her actions and positions became increasingly mercurial. We now understand the issues she was facing alone, however, those reasons do not change the facts of the later portion of her reign. This is also why we see, in some circles, shock and dismay for the restoration of a Chrysanthemum Throne which not only lists the principles upon which the First Empire stands, but acts in support of them."

"While it has been some time since Rokkenjiman policy has matched our principles, and I realize that this return to form may upset some, I shall never apologize for Rokkenjima taking that course which is just. We saw an era which pushed forward the rights of Peoples across Mundus, and until we realize a day in which no man, woman or child is owned by another, our task is not yet over. It is one thing to recognize your capacity to influence circumstances across Mundus, another to have utilized them to do so in the past, but this capacity is one which my predecessor could seemingly no longer utilize toward the arc of the greater good and the improvement of lives across Mundus. Paralyzing ourselves with the most expedient path is a weakness which we've cast off, and recognizing that the path which the Empress Emerita took in respect to the Republic was one which consigned us to acting in convenience rather than standing on our principles is but one step in the process of rectifying past wrongs of our nation."

"In The Defense Journal we see Rokkenjima accused of intolerance against the Tamoran Empire and any country that doesn't share our ideology. I don't know how to make it simple, but I'll attempt to do so: the First Empire is a signatory of the Mundus Convention for Universal Rights, a document which states in no unclear language that no person shall be held in slavery or servitude. It does not give exemptions for "culture" or religion and, as a free society, we recognize that the institution of slavery is morally reprehensible and indefensible on any basis. This means that, as our principles are wholly incompatible with slavery, a state which holds tens of millions of lives in the shackles of servitude is one which we shall most definitely not tolerate."

"While I do not put much faith in the study and believe it is flawed on many levels, the mere appearance of Tamoran soft power speaks of an ill Mundus, of nations which sign instruments such as the MCUR but are all too willing to set their principles aside and take a "convenient" approach when it comes to the Tamoran Empire. Soft power is not a contest of popularity but a measure of a state's capacity to influence situations and events. At the end of the day we see a Tamoran Empire which has largely excluded itself from international institutions, has not signed any major treaty, is the principle power allowing for slavery's continued existence, and has yet to prove a demonstrated capacity to influence situations. Certainly they may antagonize, disrupt and enflame situations across Mundus, as they tried in Ardia and are presently attempting in Albion, but their capacity to solely influence and determine the course which they ultimately take is just not there."

"Now if we look to the situation with the Heyran Republic and the destruction of Queen Adriana Military Base, the chain of events validates the Vicegerent's position that the Empress Emerita should never have signed it in the first place. An unequal treaty, which granted much to the Republic with returns that did not justify that which was granted, as well as pitting the foreign policy of the First Empire against traditional partners and the very principles it espouses, could only work so long as she was on the Throne. With the Republic's insulting approach toward the Kingdom of Tytor and their utilization of the CFT in a series of attempts to prevent the First Empire from acting upon its principles shows that the nature of the relationship was not one of equal allies, but one which was employed by the Republic to gain benefits from the First Empire while hindering the execution of its policies in several spheres."

"It is also well known that the routes which the Republic was concerned of are some of the most secure waterways anywhere in Mundus, something which the nations of the Illumic and Mhorish Seas should be applauded for. In signing the CFT the Republic said, in essence, that the efforts of these nations was not enough at best or, at worst, sought to position the First Empire as some sort of counter-balance to native nations; a narrative which is supported by prior reporting from the Republic. While the Empress Emerita may have been content to grant these concessions to the Republic for a military base I must recognize what is beneficial to the First Empire, her People, allies and traditional partners as well as ensuring that treaties stand aligned with Rokkenjiman values and policy. These factors are why I commissioned the review of the CFT and then acted upon the recommendations presented to me."

"The First Empire will no longer take a convenient path, as the Empress Emerita often elected to do, in matters which concern our principles and values. Where the Empress Emerita faltered on the issue of Tamoran slavery I have seen Rokkenjiman policy restored to a position in-line with the values of our nation. Where the Empress Emerita ceded much to the Republic in return for a military base I have seen that the First Empire is not held over the heads of the Republic's neighbours as a cudgel, upending the great work and effort they've invested in their region."

"The destruction of QAMB is tragic, but it could have been prevented had, at just one of many junctures in the series of events which preceded it, a different approach had been decided upon by the Republic. If different language had been pursued, if direct communication rather than releases to the Press had been employed, had a Heyran diplomat simply picked up the phone and dialed my office, but I digress. Regardless of the circumstances, and the Heyran actions which contributed to them, the First Empire is committed to a path which shall see its responsibility addressed in a fair and compassionate manner. The events which have led us to this point are set in their place in history, however, that does not compel us to act with malice as we move beyond them."

"Earlier I authorized the Imperial Treasury to set aside funds and prepare an account, its final amount pending assessments, to address the restoration efforts which will be required in Lethe. We're exploring other avenues for the distribution of supplies and to ensure no strain is imposed upon those assisting the Republic in these efforts and I hope to have an update prepared on those efforts in the near future. These initiatives will focus on the immediate needs required of the situation and will not be influenced by politics or any sort of blame-game some politicians may wish to engage in. We must focus on the present and ensure that our actions do not contribute to anger or division, but toward healing."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2020, 03:40:20 AM »

Rokkenjiman Decency Trumps Soleimani Fanciful Tales

Following the destruction of Queen Adriana Military Base the Soleimani Government pursued a strong-arm approach toward the First Empire of Rokkenjima, an approach which neither accomplished the goals of Soleimani in painting Rokkenjima as irresponsible and unfair or compelling Rokkenjima to take actions beyond those which were already being undertaken by the Imperial Government. Instead, in a series of statements as belligerent as they were bewildering Soleimani demonstrated a capacity for diplomatic overreach not seen since the sun set upon the Soviet Empire. When Soleimani imposed diplomatic and economic sanctions upon the First Empire we saw a response of restraint, with the Imperial Government declining to institute in-kind sanctions while placing the matter before the Assembly of Ardia, an institution to which both states are signatories. When the Imperial Government pointed out the Soleimani breach of the Charter Executive Senator Ronan Minstra dug in yet further, stating that lifting the sanctions so foolishly imposed by Soleimani would be "falling into Rokkenjima’s trap."

Despite the several belligerent statements released from Soleimani, the First Empire remained focused upon the matter at hand: the aftermath of the tragic destruction of Queen Adriana Military Base. Empress Evanthe, days ago, declared Rokkenjiman efforts to work with partners in the region to prevent any strain from the multinational response whilst, days later, declaring that the Imperial Treasury was authorized to set aside funds for an account geared toward clean-up and restorative operations. These actions, conducted under the sole initiative of the First Empire, took place in spite of a Soleimani campaign which sought to white-wash Heyran responsibility in the events leading up to the destruction of QAMB, displaying a tendency for the Soleimani Govermnent to comment upon a situation without full knowledge or understanding of the fundamental issues at play. Furthermore, Soleimani sanctions ultimately failed in achieving their stated objective as the First Empire effectively viewed them solely as an issue of Soleimani breaking their commitment to the Charter of the Assembly of Ardia.

As we absorb the developments of the destruction of Queen Adriana Military Base, the events which preceded it and those which followed, it is apparent, to an objective mind, that Rokkenjiman decency has been shown throughout the entire affair.

Soleimani maintained a willful ignorance of the conditions surrounding the signing of the CFT as well as Heyran transgressions against the Kingdom of Tytor in its approach to prevent foreign agitators from worsening conditions in Merina as the Council of Albion works to effect a long-term framework for peace. This course of action, combined with stated Soleimani support for the Liberation Army and a blatant disregard for the work of native Albion nations in assisting their neighbour in this time of civil conflict, paints a picture of Soleimani diplomatic over-reach as the First Empire cast its full support behind its Tytorian allies and their Albion partners. During this period of exchanges between the Soleimani Government and the Imperial Government, and by extension those between the First Empire and the Republic of Heyra, Rokkenjima remained calm, measured, and did not enflame the situation to a worse level as sought by the Soleimani strategy of provocation.

Insiders familiar with the progression of events claim that Rokkenjiman diplomats addressed their Soleimani counterparts only when necessary, instead focusing on the introduction of a "fair and balanced Resolution before the Assembly of Ardia which addressed crucial concerns without allowing the process to descend into political games." While no officials would speak with the RBC on the record, those who spoke with us off the record indicate that the Imperial Government is pleased with the progress which has been made and that the process "largely remained focused on the most important aspects of the situation, although the discussions had to be guided back on-track. Thankfully, level-heads and unbiased voices prevailed prior to the point where a salvaging of the talks was necessary."

In short, it is becoming increasingly apparent that efforts have succeeded in spite of, and not due to, Soleimani efforts surrounding the QAMB situation.

With the matter of QAMB soon to be resolved before the Council of Ardia it is expected that the First Empire will submit a Resolution regarding Soleimani's interference in the Merina crisis, an issue which the First Empire has criticized Soleimani extensively for, stating that foreign involvement in the crisis will only make matters worse for the People of Merina and, most likely, result in a greater period of conflict and suffering for them. "The Council of Albion has the situation in hand, yet despite this fact Soleimani has determined that the best course of action is to inflame and provoke a situation which is already disturbed. Ensuring that Ardian states do not undermine the position of the Council of Albion, which is the best chance for a lasting peace in Merina, is an effort which the Assembly must consider in the coming days."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2020, 10:12:12 PM »
[spoiler]

Battleship Cecelia Anselmo Has Departed For Festival Of Sail

Cecelia Anselmo heads to Portworth for the Festival of Sail.

IRN Cecelia Anselmo, the ceremonial flagship of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, is underway to participate in the Festival of Sail. Pyrena Castle has confirmed that the Empress was also on her way, via the Austrana, which is also participating in the Festival. Having already been in the region the United States is presently in Rishiri, where she will join other Rokkenjiman vessels for the festivities in Portworth. Cecelia Anselmo is underway under her own power as she remains an active vessel of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy.

During the course of the Festival guided tours of the battleship will be offered, along with a live-fire exercise involving her main armament.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2020, 01:29:22 AM »
[spoiler]

Why Is The Reverence Class Maintained?

Some are questioning a Beatrician-era program which mandates the continued maintenance of the Reverence Class for swift reactivation in times of national emergency.

The departure of Cecelia Anselmo for the Festival of Sail has raised questions within the Imperial Diet on the continued maintenance of the battleship as well as the storage and maintenance program other Reverence Class battleships are maintained in, the so-called "Strategic Reserve Program". While the SRP does not see the level of maintenance given to the Cecelia Anselmo it does mandate the following conditions:

I. The Reverence Class vessels must not be altered in any way that would impair their military utility;
II. The battleships must be preserved in their present condition through the continued use of cathodic protection, dehumidification systems, and any other preservation methods as needed;
III. Spare parts and unique equipment such as the 18-inch gun barrels and projectiles be preserved in adequate numbers to support these vessels, if reactivated;
The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy must prepare plans for the rapid reactivation of the vessels should they be returned to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy in the event of a national emergency.

The SRP was pushed by Chrysanthemum Throne following the decision to strike the vessels from service, with Empress Emerita Beatrice stating "their removal is a decision I recognize as appropriate, however, maintaining their firepower capacity, which has shown its benefit in providing fire support in past Rokkenjiman operations, is hereby deemed to be a national security priority by the Throne. The Reverence Class shall be maintained should they ever again need to be called into the service of their nation."

Empress Evanthe has not indicated whether, or when, she may enact a review of the SRP given the shift in Rokkenjiman naval tactics. Sources within Imperial High Command indicate that the matter will likely be brought up in the next Naval Posture Review.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2020, 07:23:48 AM »

BREAKING Crown Princess Announces Intent Regarding Chrysanthemum Throne

Crown Princess Adriana has announced that she is ready to begin her official duties to Chrysanthemum Throne.

Speaking with the RBC moments ago Crown Princess Adriana announced that she would be seeking ascendance to Chrysanthemum Throne. "When my mother ascended, it was under difficult conditions, our nation was not even our own at the time. She had no choice in the matter, duty was thrust upon her and it weighed on her for so long that we saw it ultimately crush her. I do not want that future for myself, I want to choose when I ascend so that I can live a healthy life and best serve my People," the Crown Princess shared with the RBC. "For these reasons, I choose to announce my intent to ascend within the coming weeks, allowing me to prepare for the weight of the Throne as well as the responsibilities they carry for the rest of my life."

"In this transition we will see Empress Evanthe, who has answered the call to serve our country time and again, be appointed as Kanpaku; she will be my most trusted advisor and will act in a role in what other monarchies would consider a regent until my 20th birthday. The broader Imperial Government she has constructed will remain in place during this time, as I have trust and faith in her to manage the affairs of the First Empire until my coming of age. During this period I will study under her, learn from her and, ultimately, put her skills and knowledge in foreign affairs to use to guide our First Empire into a new era." The Crown Princess said that the terrorist attacks against Tytor figured into her decision.

"Seeing such evil befall the Kingdom of Tytor, our most steadfast of friends and allies, it was a wakeup call. The present world is filled with so many ills, so much suffering at the hands of our fellow inhabitants of Mundus, and much of it is driven by issues which were determined by people who are not even alive anymore. A new era, one which does not hold the baggage of the one which came before, is needed to cleanse the world of the impasse which it presently finds itself facing. If my ascendance to Chrysanthemum Throne brings about the genesis of that era, I am prepared and honoured to take up that challenge."

In response to the announcement of the Crown Princess the Imperial Government has convened a joint meeting of the Imperial Council and Imperial Diet, scheduled for later today. Speaking for the Empress Imperial Media Liaison Nick Craig said that "we have been prepared for the eventual ascension of the Crown Princess to Chrysanthemum Throne for quite some time. If this is a decision she is ready to make, as is her right as Heir to Chrysanthemum Throne, the Imperial Government will work to ensure that the process is smooth and ensures a continuation of Rokkenjiman obligations around Mundus."

Crown Princess Adriana also made known her desires regarding the Vicegerent and personal care for her mother, Empress Emerita Beatrice. "I see no reason why Uncle Emerson should not be capable of maintaining his job, he works quite well with Aunty Eva and I trust him fully. I don't wish to shake up the government too much, so I won't be directing Aunty Eva to make very many changes in my first year. As for my mother, I have been in touch with Lucinda Hadley, who has made clear her intentions to study as a nurse to make sure she can take care of my mother as she battles Parkinson's disease. I will therefore ask that Lucinda Hadley be returned to her residence in the First Empire so she can attend the best medical schools in Rokkenjima and then take care of my mother, as she always has."

A decision of the Imperial Council and Imperial Diet on whether the Crown Princess is ready to ascend will be released by Tuesday at the latest.

This has been a breaking report of the Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 03:54:43 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2020, 03:32:49 AM »

LS-Railways Teams Up With Rokkenjima Standard Rail

The RX-1 (Tsuyoi kaze) marks the first collaboration between RSR and LS-Railways.

Rokkenjima Standard Rail (RSR) and LS-Railways have announced a joint project for a new train set to undergo testing in Azukishima Prefecture. The RX-1, pictured above, is expected to travel at a speed of nearly 250mph and will boast a suite of advanced features to address the growing needs of Rokkenjiman and Dartfordian rail services. RX-1 will have an aerodynamic 22-meter nose, improved traction control and will be made from ultralight materials, with a focus on both the comfort of its passengers while enabling the RX-1 to run almost silently.

The RX-1 will see an extensive testing period in Azukishima Prefecture, though it is expected to be deployed on the Littlebrook to Southfleet line in the coming years.

Improved energy efficiency has been a common pursuit of RSR and LS-Railways in the design of the RX-1. Utilizing silicon carbide power converters, in combination with a light design, will ensure RX-1 is environmentally friendly while lateral dampers will reduce side-to-side motion. In conjunction with a tremble protection control device to minimize vertical vibrations the joint project aims to set a new standard in passenger comfort. RX-1 will also debut new safety features to ensure the protection of passengers should there be an earthquake. While present trains in the service throughout Rokkenjima automatically brake when tremors rumble nearby, RX-1 will also feature dampers to offer improved stability and to prevent the train from toppling over.

The collaborative project combines the expertise and proven technological prowess of LS-Railways with Rokkenjiman design and advancements learned in the development of the Rokkenjiman rail system.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2020, 07:01:35 AM »

Imperial Eras Restored By Empress, Rosari Faith

Restoring Rokkenjiman tradition, Empress Evanthe has been bestowed the name Ōkami, the name under which she shall rule.

Chrysanthemum Throne has restored a traditional role of the Rosari Faith which has seen a restoration of Imperial Eras and regal names bestowed by the Grand Maester of the Rosari Faith. Speaking with the RBC Grand Maester Yuna explained, "When an Empress ascends to Chrysanthemum Throne a name has traditionally been bestowed upon them by the Goddess Islyna, under which she shall rule. This name comes to mark the passage of time, from one Empress to the next, in a chain unbroken since the earliest days of Rokkenjima. To see this tradition restored brings us closer to our roots, and to our connection with the All-Mother."

"The Era Name, that under which a Rokkenjiman Empress shall rule under, is communicated from the Goddess herself to her Most Humble. We have thus named the Era which the Empress Emerita ruled the Saisei Era, marking the rebirth of Rokkenjima following the fall of the Federal Republic. The Empress-Emerita shall thus be recognized as Empress-Emerita Saisei. Succeeding her, and marking the current era and Empress, we have the Ōkami Era. From this day henceforth Empress Evanthe shall rule under the name granted to her by Islyna, the Empress Ōkami. I have every faith and confidence that Empress Ōkami will leave a bright path for the Crown Princess to follow in, until the day she herself ascends to Chrysanthemum Throne."

This has been an RBC Brief.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2020, 08:25:56 PM »

Abstergo Delivers Akuma For Testing

The IRAF has received its first Akuma UAV, which is now set to undergo a variety of tests.

The Imperial Rokkenjiman Air Force has received its first Abstergo-built Akuma, which will use artificial intelligence to initially conduct intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions to supply pilots with access to a broad array of information during conflict. Following further tests of the Akuma its capabilities will be expanded, giving it the capacity to fire munitions and engage in combat operations in a more direct capacity. The IRAF has not slated a firm date for when these expanded capabilities would be pursued. Akuma is expected to be used in tandem with fourth and fifth generation fighters in the conflict space.

"This moment is truly historic for our Empire, and for Rokkenjiman defense innovation," said Grand Marshal Alex Rowe. "The Akuma program will be pivotal in expanding the critical capabilities of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Air Force which are necessary to protect the First Empire and her allies, now and into the future." Akuma is 38 feet long and can fly more than 2,000 nautical miles, according to information released by the Defence Solutions Division of Abstergo Industries.

It utilizes artificial intelligence to fly independently, or in support of manned aircraft, while maintaining a safe distance between other aircraft. The development of the first prototype employed digital engineering concepts, allowing for developers to simulate parts via computer models, according to Abstergo.

"We are extremely proud to take this step forward with the Imperial Rokkenjiman Air Force and to show the potential for smart, unmanned teaming to serve as a force multiplier," said Albert Relkin, CEO of Abstergo Industries. "We look forward to getting the aircraft into flight testing and proving out the unmanned teaming concept," he continued.

The fighter-sized drone will now begin ground testing, followed by a first flight later this year.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2020, 05:57:33 AM »

Rishiri Government Reorganizes

First Minister Marino hailed the reforms as the "continued march of Rishirian progress".

The Rishiri Imperial Overseas Dependency has completed a reorganizational effort of its government. Amongst the most prominent of changes include the abolishment of the Office of the Governor of Rishiri, instead being replaced with the Office of First Minister. Governor Marino was subsequently elected by her Party, Taiyō no Tō[1], to serve as the inaugural holder of the Office of First Minister. The changes in the Government of the Imperial Overseas Dependency went unchallenged by the Imperial Government, citing "the inherent right to self-rule and self-determination held by Rishiri-Rokkenjimans. It is our pleasure to work with the Rishiri Government as it continues to develop in a manner representative of the will of the People."

First Minister Marino said that the new government "represents the continued march of Rishirian progress, ensuring that our People have a government that best represents them and their interests. While Rishiri remains an Imperial Overseas Dependency we have seen a willingness, first from the the Saisei Empress and now the Ōkami Empress, to allow for the Rishiri People to preserve their right to self-determination, including in relation to our relationship with the First Empire. Building from the progress we've seen in the reorganization of the Rishiri Government, I am confident that we are building a strong foundation from which to preserve Rishiri long into the future. I will also be working to establish a network of partnerships between Rishiri and other parties abroad in the interests of preserving the rights of the Rishiri People to maintain democratic governance and self-determination."

When asked of these potential partnerships First Minister Marino stated that a dialogue between Rishiri and the Republic of Fleur was likely to be pursued, while also highlighting ties with the Republic of Josai and the Lakhzov Republic. "The House of Delegates feels that relationships with democracies such as the Republic of Fleur and the Lakhzov Republic are beneficial to Rishiri, while building a working relationship with the Republic of Josai further serves our interests as it is a relatively small democratic sovereign which also holds a unique relationship with the First Empire. I am confident that friendships built in our common pursuit of democratic governance is the best manner in which we may preserve the rights and status of the Rishiri People."

For its part the Imperial Government declared that the Office of the First Minister would be viewed by Chrysanthemum Throne as "the Rishirian People's elected Representative of the Throne" while indicating that it would sign an agreement with the new Rishiri Government covering "common laws and cooperation" between the Imperial Overseas Dependency and the First Empire. "While the status of the Imperial Overseas Dependency remains, the First Empire will work to ensure that this understanding does not impose upon the democratic spirit of Rishiri-Rokkenjimans and their right to govern themselves under a form of government they have chosen for themselves. The First Empire is prepared to work alongside Rishiri in the spirit of partnership and mutual respect."

The RBC will continue to bring you the latest on this developing story.
 1. Party of the Sun

Beatrice Anselmo