Author Topic: Salutations fellow leaders!  (Read 6203 times)

Offline Sondor

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Highbloom
Salutations fellow leaders!
« on: July 13, 2018, 09:55:50 PM »
Im new here and while I'm at it I'll ask a few questions.

First is: When making the "application" in the economics thread, do I take all stats that I can take or do you rp more. And when making the value converted to usd you just use rp? Because I have no clue if that is the case what Im going to choose. I have a population of 983 000 000 (In game) and a gdp of 180 trillion. All of that seems very much comparied to the others. So the question is if I should change or keep it as it is.

Offline tio_helper

• Administrator
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Littlebrook
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 09:55:50 PM »
Hi Sondor,

Welcome to the Independent Order!

If you're new to roleplaying, please check out our guide to roleplaying!

In the meantime, be sure to claim your spot on the map, check out the Roleplay Rules and read our Criminal Code.

Got any questions? Head over to our Discord chat.

We hope you have a great time!

All the best,

The Independent Order Team
This account is a bot, please don't hurt it.

If you need technical help, please contact CGJ.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Salutations fellow leaders!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:12:21 PM »
Nationsstates stats do not matter on this forum. Nations, as you've seen in the economics thread, are much smaller here. In the automated post above there are some tips.
I suggest you start writing a factbook first and worry about the exact details a little later. 
We also have a Discord channel, feel free to join and ask questions.

Welcome to TIO!

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:14:21 PM »
Im new here and while I'm at it I'll ask a few questions.

First is: When making the "application" in the economics thread, do I take all stats that I can take or do you rp more. And when making the value converted to usd you just use rp? Because I have no clue if that is the case what Im going to choose. I have a population of 983 000 000 (In game) and a gdp of 180 trillion. All of that seems very much comparied to the others. So the question is if I should change or keep it as it is.

Essentially we don't use NS stats, they get crazy after a week or two and make roleplay impossible as everyone is like a 7billion population nation. Essentially think of what kind of nation you wish to roleplay as and develop stats based on that. So for example I imagine East Moreland of having a similar economy to Germany but we're a larger nation in terms of area. So we have Germany's GDP per capita but 100million people.

I would say pick a population based on size of your map claim and that fits in with the region, (most active nations are in the 50-100million range) and then pick a GDP per capita of a similar economy in terms of what you imagine your nation having. So lots of agriculture but little service sector maybe go somewhere like Thailand. Economics wise Nova/Heyra is a good person to speak to.

Offline Sondor

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Highbloom
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »
Thanks for replying, I'll try and find some suitible numbers to play with