Author Topic: A message from the NACG to President Nguessa  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
A message from the NACG to President Nguessa
« on: June 05, 2020, 03:09:21 PM »
Dear President Nguessa,

We, the New Aschlonian Church Group, have decided to offer you our aid in the crisis currently rampant in your country.

Once upon a time Aschlon was a free country. Our King ruled fairly, and with a kind hand, whilst religious freedom was enjoyed, with most of the population following the Holy Aschlonian Church. However, after the rebellion which shook our country that peaceful way of life we had was shattered. Our benevolent King was forced to watch his family murdered in front of him before he too had his brains shot out. Our religious leaders were slaughtered, and state enforced atheism was introduced. Any that dared speak out against the new council, operating under the mask of democracy, were swiftly executed. Any that acknowledge a god were executed publicly, you must have seen the recent killings of 136 religious leaders that were unfairly trialled and executed? There are over a thousand more deaths of religious followers that the state has hidden.

We believe our duty, given from the Lord God himself, is to secure religious freedom for all and introduce new believers to the Holy Aschlonian Church, using any means possible. Your civil war came to our notice recently, with rumours flying all over Aschlon about our state’s possible aiding of your enemies. We seek to secure for you your place of power back, in that way we can avoid the situation we have in Aschlon. We are, altogether, a small force and as such am not able to fight in open conflict as much as other forces. We can, however, hinder opposing forces with the tested methods of fear mongering, corruption, sabotage and assasination. We have also recently acquired a submarine from one of our agents in Aschlon’s navy, and as such we can use it at any time.

We offer our support to you, hoping you will take it.

Yours Sincerely,
The NACG

OOC- This is an offer of aid from the NACG, a group that, for all intents and purposes, are terrorists. They do not represent the Aschlon goverment.

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
  • Here we go again, baby!
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Republic of Kaedwen // The Commonwealth of Merina
Re: A message from the NACG to President Nguessa
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 03:36:49 PM »

Commonwealth of Merina
Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Private Communique

Dear Fellows of the New Aschlonian Church Group,

It saddens us dearly to hear of your plight, and the great evils which have been visited upon your people. Your offer of assistance is most gracious, and I hope that one day we shall be able to repay the favour in kind. As it happens, your communique is fortuitously times, as I am informed that people of your talents may indeed be of great assistance to the Commonwealth at this juncture.

With this in mind, I should like to extend the warmest of invitations for you to visit our temporary administrative headquarters in Nigyia to discuss how we may best help each other.

Kindest regards,

Christian Atandje,
Director of the Merinan Foreign Service

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 09:14:40 PM »
Dear Christian Atandje,

We thank you greatly for accepting our hand of friendship. We shall be arriving soon.

Yours Sincerely,
The NACG

OOC- this following bit isn't in a letter but it is a description of the NACG's plan

The Plan was simple. 85 of their best people, including the higher ups of the organisation, would board a stolen submarine, just off the North-Western coast, around midnight. There they would load supplies and weapons of war, such as rifles and plastic explosives, on board. Then they themselves would board, and begin the long under water journey towards Merina. When they reached the assembling CoA blockade they would go under, hopefully remaining undetected. When they landed they would find the soldiers of the man they were allying themselves with, and would join them. It was impossible for the plan to go wrong. The authorities back in Aschlon would be distracted with the investigations on the Ricin Plot, and would not even notice them. The CoA blockade would be too unprepared to notice the sub slinking silently below them. It was perfect. And it would be executed tonight.

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 11:39:37 PM »
Christian Atandje; Christian Atandje; No. 5 Citadel Park, Nigyia, Merina

With remarkable prescience, the Merinan National Navy base at Kankato had made ready for the Aschlonians' arrival. Fearing unfriendly eyes above, the submarine MNS Pangool cast off and put to sea just as the visitors were arriving, allowing them to tie up alongside in her place, without arousing undue suspicions. From a causal glance, at least. A connecting overnight train to Nigyia was laid on for the group's leaders, while the base's commander begrudgingly billeted the remainder of the crew ashore. It would be a comfortable enough existence, to be sure, if the guests could accustom themselves to the hot, wet air of the town.

Citadel park was the upmarket district in central Nigyia where the Commonwealth's government had made their new home, based around the imposing colonial-era Citadel which both gave the place its name and accommodated President Nguessa's personal headquarters. Christian met the NACG delegation outside the Foreign Service office at No. 5, opposite the now slightly wilting park, where the diplomatic cars drew up under the shade of the trees. There was little fanfare, but neither was there need to be particularly discreet; Christian strode forward to meet his guests as the cars rolled to a halt and the doors came open, a friendly smile upon his lips and diplomatic pleasantries at the ready.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 01:03:22 AM »
Charlie Smith, head of the assembled NACG force, stepped out of the car and took in a breath of hot Merinian air. She looked around briefly before greeting Christian, the man whom they had been communicating with since their first contact with the Merinians. She smiled, and greeted him.
“Good morning,Director Atandje. It's nice to finally meet you after all our communication. I hope that we get along well throughout our cooperation.”
She glanced back at the car, where the elderly chaplain was being helped out, and gestured for her party to fall into line behind.

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 11:05:16 PM »

"Good morning" Christian smiled back, before gesturing towards the open doors behind him. No. 5 was the handsome townhouse that the Foreign Service had requisitioned to be their temporary home during their exile from Katamba, though they'd been in residence for two years now, and the place was beginning to acquire a familiar, almost homely, feeling "The pleasure is all mine. Please, do come inside..." He went to turn away, before noticing the Chaplain and checking, adding: "Will the gentleman be alright traversing the stairs? Some help is on hand, if not"

Inside the door, a tall staircase led up towards the office, and a pair of aides were quickly marshaled to wait on the Chaplain, and the men waited diffidently for the Aschlonian's request. Christian, meanwhile, led Charlie up the stairway towards his office.

"I trust your journey was not too troublesome?" He inquired, conversationally, as they passed an oil painting of nineteenth-century cavalrymen sweeping across a broad landscape "I hear you arrived at Kankato aboard a submarine? How novel. I do hope you've had no trouble at home, as it were?"

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 01:10:11 PM »
Charlie walked along the corridor in No.5, admiring the several large paintings hanging on the walls. Behind her she could hear Father Roger, their Chaplain, grumpily accepting the help of the Merinans as they helped him up the stairs. She glanced back at Christian Atandje, and nodded to his questions.
“Travelling on the Sub was a rather strange experience, I must admit. It was good we have Captain Benjamin,” She nodded back towards the group where the Chaplain was being helped along by the Merinans and the rest of her ensemble, ”Otherwise we would never have made it here in one piece.”
She rubbed her hand tiredly over her eyes, she hadn’t slept terribly well, and continued.
“Unfortunately for us, Aschlon is not particularly safe. We are relentlessly prosecuted by the Government, simply because of our beliefs. Any attempt to raise awareness of our plight or equalise us, are branded as terrorism. ASSO uses even the mildest excuse to kill us off. Sadly, we are safer in a warzone than we are back home.”

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 11:00:15 PM »

"These are trying times for us both, it seems" Christian responded, in what he hoped was a conciliatory tone "Though I can assure you, we are quite safe here. Security around the city is good, and this area especially. You're welcome to explore the town when we're done here, there's some accommodation been prepared for you a couple of blocks from here. I must recommend a walk around the park, if nothing else. Oh, and that reminds me, the cathedral isn't far away either - lovely old building - and I'm told the Bishop is keen to meet you, while you're in town, I'm sure you'll get on well"

At the top of the stairs, a doorway led them into the attic room that served as Christian's office. It was a small, intimate space as offices of state went, and today it would be positively bursting at the seams. There was also another man waiting in the room, well turned out in a dark suit and sporting close-cropped hair and beard, which was dark and curly, just beginning to run to grey around the edges. He rose from Christian's chair to greet them as the group entered.

"May I have the pleasure of introducing Mister Bertrand Tomou" Christian explained, as the stranger greeted the group "He's the head of our intelligence service, and, all going well, you'll be working together soon"

"It's a pleasure" The spymaster smiled genially.

Once they were all settled in the small room, Christian having reclaimed his seat while Bertrand retreated to a stool at the diplomat's shoulder, they got down to business.

"We're here" He began, frankly "Because there are things each of us can do for the other. For us, there is a man we want dead. Well, to be quite honest with you, there are rather too many men we want dead, though only one whom we would concern you with. This we would like your help with and, in return, we may be able to offer you something which you would like. Tell me, what is it your heart desires from us?"

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 11:17:12 AM »
Charlie nodded at Bertrand Tomou, "Its a pleasure to meet you too."

She took a chair opposite the desk and and listen as he explained his business.

"There are several things we'd like,"She explained "the main thing is to secure a safe place for our people, free from any persecution, whilst we wait for the liberation of our homeland. The second, is to spread the word of the Aschlonian Holy Church around the globe so our beleifs do not fade away. The final thing is to reclaim our homeland from the clutches of the current Aschlonian Government. You can help us, I do beleive, with all three. In return we will kill this fellow, and assist you with this war."

She paused for a second, curious.

"Who is it you want us to kill anyway?"

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »

"Nothing you desire is unreasonable" Christian smiled amicably "I believe we can work together. You and your people are quite welcome here, and we shall happily find you a home in our country. Your Churchmen, too, will find refuge here. I would caution you to discuss your theology with the Bishop before engaging with the public in that respect, he can be quite... prickly with regards to deviation from his view of the scriptures, though I've no problem with providing a platform on a more international basis. With regards to reclaiming your homeland, our hands are currently rather tied by this war... though, afterwards, perhaps there is more we could do for your homeland"

"Ah, but of course" He added, after a momentary pause "The man who must die. This is your area of expertise, I believe, Bertie?"

"It is, so it is" The spymaster smiled predatorily, shuffling forward on his stool the lean over the table like some great crow. He spoke conspiratorially, producing a brown paper envelope form a pocket "The contents of this envelope are sworn secrets of the Merinan state. The punishment for revealing such information is death" He glanced at Christian when he said this, before smiling again "But we are among here, so I trust there shall be no need for such... unpleasantness" Still smiling, he placed the envelope on the table before Charlie with a flourish. The first sheet in the envelope was a large but grainy image showing a tall, half-caste gentleman with graying hair and neat beard getting into a big black car on a busy city street. After allowing Charlie a moment to study the image, Bertrand continued "This man is Charles van de Mar-Ekembitoto, leader of the so-called Free Merinan Association, a man whose ambition is matched only by his ruthlessness. He would bring ever more war and destruction to our little country until he has achieved his duplicitous aims. As you may be able to tell, we have already expended some effort on the case. But, before we go into any more detail, are you comfortable in accepting this mission? Accomplishing this will be hazardous, the wicked man is many miles away in a hostile land, the risks are great. There is no shame in refusing; you are among friends, and our home is yours"

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 04:15:08 PM »
Charlie leaned backwards in her chair after regarding the image and frowned.

"I am familiar with the name." she said, "I recall being told breifly by the Earc about him. He leads the International Association for a Free Merina, doesn't he?."

She sighed as she heard the Chaplain shout out insults in Aschlonian in the background. She shook her head in annoyance briefly as she carried on.

"We will gladly kill him, its the least we can do in return for your hospitality. We will need more information, obviously, but I am sure it will be provided to us. And do not worry about news of this getting out. We would not want to jeopardize our new friends."

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 10:33:34 PM »

"Very good" Bertrand nodded appreciatively "The man is currently residing in Belmont, Kaedwen - don't worry, we will arrange transport - where the intelligence cell working out of our embassy will be able to furnish your team with more specific information. Suffice to say that it would be exceedingly difficult for an agent of... obviously Merinan heritage to undertake this mission, though we do not anticipate a group of your... talents to encounter any insurmountable difficulties"

He flashed another, more conspiratorial, smile before leaning back in his seat to continue "We shall acquire for your people a villa outside of town - very popular with our own people, Chris has a very nice one, I believe - to provide you with more befitting lodging. Once you've selected your team, one of my agents will take them through some brief training - we've some weapons secreted away at the embassy, and there are some procedures to be followed, nothing too challenging - before being dispatched to Kaedwen. In the mean time, and I think we are quite happy with what has been discussed today, you are free to explore the city. Your security detail shall see to it that you do not run into any trouble"

"I'm happy, too" Christian put in "I'll have a villa procured forthwith and, unless you've any questions, I think we've covered everything we need to. Please do feel free to have a bit of an explore. Oh, and see the Bishop, he really was quite insistent"

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 01:07:09 PM »
Charlie smiled and nodded.
“Great,” She said, “I’ll gather my team in a few days. Also, don’t worry too much about the training. Most of my men are quite capable, but there are some who will need training.”
In the background a sudden clamor of noise began as the Chaplain’s voice rose to bellow out expletives at some unfortunate Merinians. She sighed and seemed to ponder for a second before seeming to make up her mind.
“Do you have any cannabis? He can be a bit troublesome without his fix,” She indicated the direction of the swearing, “and, unfortunately we didn’t allow him to take any on the sub.”
She made to get up, before pausing and asking a final question.
“Where would I find this Bishop of yours?”
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:46:42 PM by Geo »

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 10:31:53 PM »

"Perfect" Christian smiled again, before adding "I believe the commissary should be able to get your man what he needs, your driver will know the way"

As she went to leave, he responded to her second question:

"Ah, yes, the Bishop of Nigyia" He grinned a sly grin "Both his quarters and his office are at the Cathedral, again your driver should know the way. And, if not, take a look at the skyline as you leave, you'll soon spy the spire; a lovely old building, that one. A good day to you all, I shall follow your exploits with great interest. And, please, if you've any troubles with your accommodation or treatment here, don't hesitate to come to me about it. Godspeed to you all"

The group were led outside to the street, where their civil service cars had been brought back around. The lead driver - a smartly turned-out young man, and one of Tomou's secret service men, not that he'd admit to such in this company - held open the door smartly for Charlie, and doffed his cap to her as she approached.

"I trust Madame's meeting was fruitful" He greeted her with a pleasant smile "Where to, my lady"

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2020, 03:27:18 PM »
Charlie glanced around, noticing the Chaplain being pulled up the streets by his scribe and Captain Gibson and Benjamin. The Chaplain had a bloody lip and the beginning of a black eye. She sighed, then waved at them to get their attention. She smiled apologetically at their driver as the Chaplain was hauled into the back of the car.
“Sorry about this,” she said to the driver. “The meeting was great, thanks. We reached a mutual agreement.”
She climbed into the car and glared at them. Gibson shrugged awkwardly, and then nodded back to the Chaplain, rolling his eyes.
She cleared her throat, and addressed the driver. “Take us to our place of residence, please. And, oh. Tomorrow I’d like to meet your Bishop. Could you pick us up at, say 11 o’clock tomorrow and take us to the Cathedral?”

THE NEXT DAY

Charlie got into the car, the Chaplain and his scribe following suit. As they pulled away Charlie tried to make pleasant conversation with the Driver.
“So,” she asked, “you live in this area?”

Billy Ascot walked down the road with his friends, his semi-automatic rifle’s butt hitting the back of his head with every step. It had been four days since the NACG had landed in Merina, and life had ,so far, been good. Two of them were fairly experienced soldiers, having fought in the Revolution against the Hootofts, and the other two were waiting for their training to begin. They had been issued some cash by the higher ups, and had quickly blown it all, mainly on alcohol. This morning they had woken up with a terrible hangover, and had been ordered out by Captain Gibson to walk it off, and had thought, for some strange reason, that they might need their weapons. That was how they ended up trudging through the streets of the city, fully armed at 5 o’clock in the morning. Billy turned a corner, suddenly walking head first into someone, stumbling and nearly falling over, knocking his friends out of their sleepy grumpiness.

OOC notes- Markus, this is where you Tamorans meet my NACG. If anyone has any issues, please ping me on Discord. The meeting with the Tamorans happens after the meeting with the Bishop, just to be clear.

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 01:29:18 PM »
Erkki Toma; NACG Villa, Near Nigyia, Merina

It was a warm morning already, and the sun shone over the open countryside northeast of town. This had been a comfortable place before the war, and now it had become, uniquely, even more so as government official and civil servants had made their homes here in the two years since the fall of Katamba. The big, black diplomatic car swept along newly asphalted roads amidst the rolling hills studded with whitewashed villas, much like that which the NACG themselves had been provided with. The roads were all but empty at this time of day, and only a handful of figures were visible in the landscape around, tending the fields and gardens surrounding the big houses.

"Regrettably not, ma'am" Erkki responded casually to Charlie's question, not taking his eyes off the road "I'm from Iloff myself, up Vangala way. Been down here the last... two years now. How's your first impression of the country been so far?"

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 09:17:11 PM »
____
FOUR DAYS AFTER THE NACG LANDING

Billy Ascot walked down the road with his friends, his semi-automatic rifle’s butt hitting the back of his head with every step. It had been four days since the NACG had landed in Merina, and life had ,so far, been good. Two of them were fairly experienced soldiers, having fought in the Revolution against the Hootofts, and the other two were waiting for their training to begin. They had been issued some cash by the higher ups, and had quickly blown it all, mainly on alcohol. This morning they had woken up with a terrible hangover, and had been ordered out by Captain Gibson to walk it off, and had thought, for some strange reason, that they might need their weapons. That was how they ended up trudging through the streets of the city, fully armed at 5 o’clock in the morning. Billy turned a corner, suddenly walking head first into someone, stumbling and nearly falling over, knocking his friends out of their sleepy grumpiness.

OOC notes- Markus, this is where you Tamorans meet my NACG. If anyone has any issues, please ping me on Discord. The meeting with the Tamorans happens after the meeting with the Bishop, just to be clear.

Amir Pocha, lieutenant in the Tamoran Imperial Army, was heading to the Tamoran embassy at the summoning of the ambassador. He didn’t know exactly what that was all about that required his presence such early in the morning but he knew better than to ask, he just made sure his uniform was spot on and left for the embassy as soon as possible.

Normally Amir would have been more alert about his surrounding as Merina was in many way a warzone and intelligence reports showed that despite their friendly relations with the Merinan government there were many even in government controlled areas that resented their presence. However, he had recently received news about his youngest daughter being sick and he was worried about her as it would take months before he could get home and see her.

Just as he was thinking about that, Billy walked straight into him immediately ending his train of thought.

“What in the Prophet’s name…” he stopped realizing that speaking Parthian didn’t make sense since the natives of Merina did not speak the language. Just as he was about to address Billy in Latin(ooc: assuming that is the international lingua franca, if not then assume English) when he looked closer at Billy and realized he was white as were the rest of his group. In a mostly black country like Merina that immediately stood out. Amir smelled the alcohol off Billy and at first assumed Billy was some tourist looking for trills in a poor country. That assumption stopped when he noticed Billy’s semi-automatic rifle which immediately raised alarms for Amir.

He decided to avoid escalating the incident and addressed Billy and his team calmly in Latin:

“Peace be upon you, brother! I didn’t see you there. Are you ok? Merina is a great country but their public lighting could use some improvement don’t you think?”

Amir waited to hear them speak as he wanted to see if he could identify their accents. Armed white men in Merina walking casually before the dawn was suspicious and could mean that other Mundus countries had a troop presence in Merina. “But if that’s the case, and they are out in the open why didn’t intelligence tell us anything about this?” he wondered to himself.   

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 11:42:09 AM »
Billy Ascot, Road
OOC- I assume that English is the main spoken language in Mundus for ease of communication, so I'll be using English not Latin.
Billy looked up from the floor in shock at the man who had knocked him over. He heard him say something in what he assumed to be English. He knudged William's leg, indicating to the linguist of the group to respond.

William hesitated for a second before responding the question.
"Ah, yes good morning," he said, his heavy Aschlonian accent obvious, "my friends is fine, though I would certainly agree in the lights!"

The rest of the group looked this newcomer up and down, noticing immediately that he was not Merinian. Billy got off the floor cautiously, pulling his gun into a more accesible position. The others followed suit.

Billy tapped on William's back, telling him in rushed Aschlonian to ask where this man was from.

William smiled and addressed Amir.
"So, friend," he said, "where do you happen to be from?"

Charlie gazed across the landscape, admiring the rolling hills.
"Its a beautiful," she said, "Not very crowded either. Back home, in Hootoft City, the streets are so constantly crowded you're not allowed to drive a car."
She watched as the Spire became closer and closer.
"So," she said, "anything I should know about the Bishop before I meet him?"

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 11:41:23 AM »
Erkki Toma; NACG Car, Near Nigyia, Merina

"It is nice out here" Erkki agreed, neutrally. Indeed, there were few enough places in Merina that were its like "Anasi Loge is the Bishop of Nigyia, a severe man publicly, scrupulously orthodox. But he's not to be trifled with, a Bishop wields mighty influence in Merinan society, and Loge moreso than most. He's a hot tip to be the next Archbishop of Katamba, the most exalted amongst Merina's faithful. You'd do well to make a friend of him, though I'd caution you not to offer the man too much, I've no doubt there's more to this meeting than a simple social call"

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »
Billy Ascot, Road
OOC- I assume that English is the main spoken language in Mundus for ease of communication, so I'll be using English not Latin.
Billy looked up from the floor in shock at the man who had knocked him over. He heard him say something in what he assumed to be English. He knudged William's leg, indicating to the linguist of the group to respond.

William hesitated for a second before responding the question.
"Ah, yes good morning," he said, his heavy Aschlonian accent obvious, "my friends is fine, though I would certainly agree in the lights!"

The rest of the group looked this newcomer up and down, noticing immediately that he was not Merinian. Billy got off the floor cautiously, pulling his gun into a more accesible position. The others followed suit.

Billy tapped on William's back, telling him in rushed Aschlonian to ask where this man was from.

William smiled and addressed Amir.
"So, friend," he said, "where do you happen to be from?"

As Amir heard them talk he tried to discern what their accent was. He thought it might be Aschlonian but that didn’t make much sense to him. “Why would the Aschlonian government be sending armed men to Merina?” he thought to himself for a moment before replying.

“The Tamoran Empire” he answered formally. As he was dressed in uniform there was little point in trying to hide it. “I am Amir. And you are? “

“Where are you from? Merina doesn’t get that many tourists since the fighting started” he said pretending to not notice their riffles.   

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2020, 10:26:19 PM »
Charlie Smith, Car
Charlie nodded in response as she leaned against the car door. The Chaplain’s scribe was scribbling something down in his notebook as they sped along the road. He fancied himself as a poet. The Chaplain’s disapproving gaze stopped his pen’s scratching. They pulled up and Charlie stepped up, gazing at the imposing building that was the cathedral. The chaplain and his scribe clambered out behind her as she climbed the stairs to the entrance of the building.
Billy paled and paused for a second, worried.
John, one of the newest members, raised his voice. “He can obviously tell we ain’t tourists. We could… say we are mercenaries?”
Billy was about to slap him when he caught himself. “We can try it,” he said to William.
William nodded and looked towards Amir.
“My friend, we are not tourists, we are hired men from Aschlon. We are sent here on business much important.” he said in broken English, “fighting you know.”
He nodded knowingly, trying to mask his nervousness.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:25:28 PM by Geo »

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 10:55:22 PM »
Erkki Toma; NACG Car, Nigyia, Merina

Nigyia's cathedral was an imposing, gothic-style structure set inside its own walled enclosure within the city centre, a half-mile east of the government complex around Citadel Park. The surrounding neighborhood was well-off enough by Merinan standards, but their car was nonetheless met by armed guards at the complex gate. These were not Nguessa's soldiers, nor were they simple militiamen, but sworn brothers of the Order of the Holy Sepulcher, the Merinan Catholic Church's own troops. These men were well turned-out in loose-fitting grey robes and forage caps sporting a prominent patriarchal cross picked out in white, and the rest stood alertly by while their leader spoke with Erkki through the car window. The exchange was terse, but polite and professional, and the occupants were complimented with a neat salute as the man stepped back and the heavy, oak-dressed gate was rolled back.

Once inside, the car was directed around the side of the impressive structure. The doors to the cloister block were open, and a priest was on hand to usher the party inside with murmured pleasantries. Erkki remained with the car, under the watchful eyes of more of the Bishop's sworn brothers who came to seat themselves pointedly on the cloister steps.

On the inside, the block consisted of a roughly square veranda surrounding a modest central courtyard with a small fountain, with sparse monks' cells set in the exterior wall. The sounds of distant chanting echoed through the space, creating a not unpleasant atmosphere with the gentle splashing of water from the fountain and the mild smell of herbs set in planters around the courtyard. Just as the group were being ushered around the veranda, a big double-door across the space was swung open, revealing the tall, gaunt figure of the Bishop of Nigyia, Anasi Loge, clad in a simple robe of brown roughspun. Another man, a head shorter but of similarly severe expression, stood at his side in the same garb. The taller man greeted them with a thin smile, before heading out into the sunlit courtyard, where the two groups met beside the splashing fountain.

"Greetings, pilgrims" The Bishop began, his mouth still smiling, though his eyes distinctly did not "Many thanks for visiting our humble diocese, I trust the road which has led you to our door has not been too arduous? My name is Ansai Loge, and I have the pleasure of serving as Bishop of Nigyia. My companion here is Father Okogie, by grace of god commander of our sworn brothers"

"Salutations" Father Okogie intoned dutifully, his subdued tone belying a deep and powerful voice.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »

Billy Ascot, road
William considered the question briefly before turning to his friends.
“He wants to know where we are from.” he said in Aschlonian.
Billy paled and paused for a second, worried.
John, one of the newest members, raised his voice. “He can obviously tell we ain’t tourists. We could… say we are mercenaries?”
Billy was about to slap him when he caught himself. “We can try it,” he said to William.
William nodded and looked towards Amir.
“My friend, we are not tourists, we are hired men from Aschlon. We are sent here on business much important.” he said in broken English, “fighting you know.”
He nodded knowingly, trying to mask his nervousness.

Amir found the men suspicious so he kept his guard. When he heard they were hired men he considered they might be telling the truth. It made sense for the Merinan government to try and get as much help as possible and hiring mercenaries would be a way good why to do it without raising alarm in foreign capitals.  Although, Amir thought to himself that the Merina government was not exactly looking at quality when hiring.
“So you support the Merinan government?” he asked getting straight to the point.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 12:16:59 AM »
Charlie Smith, Cathedral place
Charlie had been impressed with the security of the place, herself once being a guard for St. Jame's Cathedral, and compared it in her head to the glory days of the Aschlonian Church. It appeared that even during the midst of a civil war, they could rally a protective force that equalled that of the Holy Church at its prime.

She nodded to the priest and Bishop in front of her taking in the common robes of their order and comparing it to the elaborate robes the priest of the Holy Church wore, and nodded.
“Greetings. We are grateful you took the time to address us, I am Charlie Smith, leader of this detachment of the NACG,” she guestered to the Chaplain and his scribe, “this is Chaplain Ryan, and his scribe, Robert.”

The Chaplain nodded to them, whilst the scribe just looked nervous. Charlie took in a deep breath of the herb-scented air before continuing.
“As you probably know, the Holy Church of Aschlon is not suffering the best fate, as such, we have come here, not only to establish relations with the Merinain government, but also to establish relations between our faiths.”
She nudged the scribe, who blinked for a second before pulling out a notepad and scribbling her words down into it.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 12:17:31 AM »
Billy Ascot, road
William smiled and turned to his compatriots.
“We’ve done it,” he said in Aschlonian, “he’s completely fooled!”
He turned back to Amir, nodding his head and smiling.
“Of course we support the true government of Merina! Nguessa is the best option for Merina.”

He smiled and put his gun in a neutral position, guestering the rest of the party to do so. Billy raised his eyebrow but did as instructed.