Author Topic: Alucard and the Cabbage  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
Alucard and the Cabbage
« on: October 31, 2018, 10:38:56 PM »

To:- Grand Preacher Brassicus III

While your nation and mine have very little connecting us I believe we do have several things in common that could act as a bridge between us. First we are both men recently widowed, second we are both rulers of nations that have yet to reach our full potential. It is vital therefore that we seek to support each other. It was with this in mind that earlier this year I formed TUNA, the Treaty of Unity for Nations of the Alucard. It's aim was to ensure the security of that region and give a voice to the island nations of the North. It is my hope however that TUNA can also support the non-island nations such as your own.

With this in mind and understanding that your nation has a limited naval ability I would like to offer in the spirit of friendship support in ensuring your waters are secure and that Cabbagelandiet does not become a backdoor to Albion for smuggling or piracy. Now your nation is opening up to the world there are many new threats to your people beyond any use of force. I therefore propose  that a small Paracambian fleet 2 submarines ( Akan and Shi Maria),The Frigate Duppy, The Corvette Ghede and 2 Fast Patrol Ships be sent to support your territorial integrity. I would also like to offer you the chance for five observers to be placed on each ship to witness the work we carry out, help ensure the vessels act within the laws of your nation and make friends with our own people.

I have already gained permission from TUNA to make this offer and hope you will find it useful.

May The Loa Bless You

Emperor Benson of Paracambi
Grand Hougon of the Vodou Faith

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
Re: Alucard and the Cabbage
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 06:46:00 AM »
To: Emperor Benson of the Paracambi

I have looked over your proposal and I do graciously accept it. But you and your people do intrigue me and I invite you to come to my humble palace for a visit and officialization of our agreement, and better friendship and understanding between our people.

May Brassicus Prime look over all of us,
Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 08:47:06 PM »
With the King currently in the Illumic the task of meeting with Cabbagelandiet fell to one of the Princes of the Empire, Abenner Triggs was the Prince of Roseuau, one of the mainland provinces that made up the Empire, it was known as the "Heartbeat of the Empire" thanks to its steady string of musicians and artists that came from the nation Principality, additionally it was home to the nations largest port and main HQ of the Imperial Navy, it was therefore determined that with the abscence of the Emperor Abenner was best prepared to deal with this "first contact." That morning he'd left Rosenberg in the small aircraft having first waited to be blessed by a local Mambos who told him the Loa would watch over him even so far away from home. He had nodded his thanks and handed over a gift of a bottle of spiced rum for the Loa before boarding the aircraft. It was strange as Abenner believed it was all nonsense, he himself was a keen fan of science and despite having never worked a day in the field of it in his life he found it rather fascinating and so to him the Loa were simply something to be seen to honour rather than something he actually believed him. Since the Emperor however had declared himself leader of the Vodou faith it didn't hurt a Prince to at lest show the faith some respect.

His aircraft touched down and he set foot as the first Paracambian to officially arrive in Cabbagelandiet for as long as anyone could remember.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 02:28:26 PM »
"Well then, hello my good sir and welcome to Cabbagelandiet, the land of the free and the land of freezing temperatures as you can see from the amount of snow we have here." said Peterhoff Brassicus, greeting the Prince. "My father was supposed to meet you but... A last minute emergency occured and I'm here meeting you, and it's a honor to meet you." Peterhoff looked at his guest "Well, I don't know much about Paracambi, but I'm guessing it's not as cold as Cabbagelandiet. Follow me into the palace so the both of us don't get cold and we can talk there."

Peterhoff went into the palace and into the living room in the second floor. Brassicus II's palace was much smaller than other palaces so it was easy to navigate through. He sat on a leather couch and told the guest to sit on the other leather couch. "There are some cookies and tea on the table, you can have them if you want to." said Peterhoff, comfortable on the couch. "Brassicus Prime willing, let's start this discussion. Do you want to start first or should I start first, sir?"

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:30:22 PM »
Abenner extended a hand to Peterhoff, he was amazed by snow, it was the first time he'd seen it in the flesh as it was a very rare occurrence in his homeland of tropical Roseaeu. Having shaken hands he removed a pair of fine leather gloves from his pocket and pulled them on. "Forgive me but this weather isn't inkeeping with my homeland" Abenner explained, "As for the Palace I'll be grateful to get inside." he added as they made their way upstairs.

"Now as for the discussions I think it best I outline the reason I'm here. We have an organisation for the protection of the Alucard in terms of security. In the few months its existed you've seen the nations move to work together, TV stations, tourism, economc issues the whole lot. Now one problem we have is that as a side effect of our freeing up movement between us is that it has become easier to move goods between us and that sadly includes things such as illegal drugs and weapons. My concern is that any chink in the armour of the Alucard could be exploited and then using overland links these black market good could end up on the streets of Paracambi. The first line of defence is usually naval patrols, now not to sound rude but I think the average smuggler is going to have faster and more mobile boats than perhaps your own navy. As such you're a backdoor into Albion, add to that the fact that as your emerge from isolation these things are going to get more and more exposure to your young people. I suspect things like synthetic designer drugs brought and sold on the internet are not an issue in Cabbagelandiet, but once you get people online you're going to see these things. Stopping smugglers establishing a foothold now means that you don't have to destroy them later. What we have from our TUNA organisation is that they are happy for us to offer support in patrolling your waters....with your permission of course. We'd like to formalise an agreement where for the time being Paracambi will send the fleet we talked about in our first contact to patrol the coastline and deal with smugglers. We would of course use the Fair Seas Concordt for international waters and follow your policy for territorial waters. We would like to use your ports to refuel and resupply if needed and would of course pay for these services. Additionally I would invite you to send three observers per boat, they get to see we're not up to no good and get to see how a modern navy works. Who knows in the future this may lead to other agreements regarding the Navy. What do you say?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 05:50:10 AM »
"Well, I don't really have much knowledge about this Internet thing myself, but I do agree that a platform to buy drugs would be pretty terrible, especially these fancy modern ones. And well, keeping smuggling out with your help would be appreciated. Though, I think you would have a hard time finding a place to refuel that can refuel your boats." Peterhoff stopped and thinked for a while. "From what you've offered me, I say it's a fair deal. If you'd like to officialize an agreement, I'm ready."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 10:06:09 PM »
"Refuelling won't be an issue" Abenner began, "You see our ships have a range more than capable of allowing us to maintain a patrol for quiet a while without refuelling. Furthermore we can have refuellers deal with any topping up we need. Now if need be we can take a request to TUNA to look at our organisation helping support some expansion of a port. Having a big port facility capable of dealing with big boats will be good for you if your seeking to modernise and come into the 21st century, and it will be good for us as rest assured TUNA nations will want to trade with you significantly. So what about this as a suggestion for a further deal, we form the Cabbagelandiet and Alucard Port Facility (CAPF) we find a suitable location within your nation for a large modern port, or a current port we can modernise. We then find out how much this costs, I believe modernisation is around $650 million, now if we split the costs between us that'd mean less financial burden for yourselves. I'd suggest we split the shares in the Facility on how much each partner puts in or perhaps we call it a loan to Cabbagelandiet and it can be paid off by not charging nations contributing import duties, that money instead going to pay off the debt. Its something we can think about."

He thought for a moment, "I'd also like to suggest that you allow our naval staff to come ashore and spend their off time in your nation. They'll like to visit a new nation and it will help in a small way bring our two nations a sense of understanding."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »
"Well, if you're looking for a port to modernize, you can just look out the window and see the Port of Brasscirom." Peterhoff pointed at the window behind Abenner. "I think calling it a loan on Cabbagelandiet would be better. We'd have no problem with your naval staff spending time in Cabbagelandiet."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »
"So perhaps then we should determine the level of split. Would 50/50 be acceptable, you borrow $325million and then we get to import things to your nation tariff free, clearly all imports will have to comply with your nations health and safety laws. Every 12 months we'll review where we stand and once the 325million is paid back plus say 5% interest we go back to whatever trade agreement is in force between our nations at that point. Does this sound reasonable?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
Peterhoff thought about the deal for a bit. "Yes, a fifty-fifty split sounds reasonable enough."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 09:29:11 PM »
"Very well might I then suggest the following agreement between ourselves, and in some cases the wider TUNA community." Abenner suggested.

Quote from: Proposed Treaty

In order for both nations to achieve greater prosperity and opportunity it has been agreed that the following treaty shall come into force 7 days from the signing of the treaty.

1. Paracambi and Cabbagelandiet shall maintain active embassies. Should either nations Head of State request the appointed ambassador shall present himself within 12 hours of receiving the request.

2. Paracambi and Cabbagelandiet agree to consult with each other regarding naval operations within the FSC approved waters of Cabbagelandiet. Paracambi shall maintain a force of 2 submarines, 1 Frigate, 1 Corvette and 2 fast patrol boats. Should Paracambi wish to increase these numbers they may only do so with the approval of Cabbagelandiet.

3. Cabbagelandiet agree to host Paracambian Naval crews during their off duty time.

4. Cabbagelandiet are permitted to station a maximum of three observers per vessel.

5. Cabbagelandiet and the member nations of TUNA agree to form the Cabbagelandiet and Alucard Port Facility (CAPF) in order to create a modern port for Cabbagelandiet. The shares of CAPF shall be split 50/50 between contributing TUNA nations and Cabbagelandiet. Both parties agree to provide $325million towards the project.

6. Once CAPF have completed the construction of the new port contributing TUNA nations shall not be charged tariffs or port fees until such a time as $325million has been recouped.

7. Once Article 6 has been concluded ownership of the port reverts entirely to the government of Cabbagelandiet.

8. Should Cabbagelandiet wish to end the agreement early they may repay the balance of their debt at any point however they will incure a 5% penalty fee on the remaining balance.

9. During the duration of the agreement TUNA nations agree to abide by Cabbagelandiet health and safety laws.

Signed ____________________
Signed ____________________

"How does this look to you?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »
Peterhoff thinked for a bit before replying "Well, it looks fine, and I'd be ready to accept it."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 03:55:45 PM »
"Excellent" Abenner offered Peterhoff his hand, "I shall ensure the funds are sent as soon as I return to Paracambi. Now is there anyhing else I can discuss with you or help you with while I'm here?"